Monster Royale

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As they got closer I could smell them. They reeked of death and disease. They wore a simple cloth covering their lower half. They had long gross and jagged nails at the end of thin hands. I knew right away these would be simple to kill but tough to fight. Ambushing is the best to not get swarmed.

I laid low in the bushes and readied my bow. I came up with a clever idea of smashing some flint I found into jagged pieces. Placing them into the bow produced serrated arrows best for causing bleeding. I let them get good and comfortable before I made my move. I lined up the shot and let loose an arrow striking the smallest of the three.

They instantly panicked huddling together looking all around for the source. I notched another arrow and struck straight between the largest eyes, dropping him immediately. I knew this cause a rush of strength flowed into me. As I was moving to strike again a dagger flew at them from the opposite side. Luckily they dodged it and ran away. I turned my attention to finding its source.

A rustling in the bushes revealed a pair of contestants. One of them was tall and bulky with small horns on their head. They wore a pair of jeans and sandals but seemed to be missing a shirt. The scorch mark on his shoulder gave evidence it was burned off.

Their companion was a short girl with glittery orange fairy wings. They wore a tight white t-shirt with strange writing on it and a long flowy skirt. Both of them investigated the body as I watched.

"Wow, these things must have gotten this poor kid. At least he was able to strike one down before he fell." The woman bent down inspecting goblins. She noticed the arrow and pulled it out, a gush of blood covering her hand. "Ah, honey this thing got on me. It is really gross, do something."

The large bull-man ripped the shirt off the body and wiped her off. She cast him a meaningful glance and he just shrugged. "What, I'd have used my shirt but that crazy fire-throwing dude ruined it. A psycho like that is gonna get himself killed." He finished cleaning her off as another rush of energy filled me and I felt myself growing stronger. My plan had worked as the goblin I struck before finally bled out and died.

With the kill of the goblin, tier one was complete. I felt a rush of energy as my body grew stronger and I reached the next tier. It was lucky timing to be able to handle those two if things got out of hand.

A voice in my head reiterated the upgrades I had before and gave me a second choice from the first list. This time I chose to take the regeneration. A bit more defensive but necessary this early. I was then given the choice on my next tier. Tier 2 gave me the ability to passively produce clouds of pollen that had an effect. It gave several examples of what it could do but I went with drowsiness. Easier to fight when they are less attentive.

I returned my attention to the couple as another gift appeared. This time it was a very deadly looking dagger. The note inside reading "First to tier 2." Well yay to me I guess but I knew I wouldn't be the last. I could see the faint outline of the pollen start to drift towards them. I figured I'd have enough of an advantage over them should we come to blows.

I walked out slowly putting my hands up in a fake act of peace. "Hey don't shoot or attack just another human trying to survive." They both looked shocked but neither drew a weapon.

"Ahoy there, you must have heard the commotion here too. This poor boy was killed by some goblins. Tragic to see such young blood be spilled." I didn't know if they were blind or just dumb not to notice he has not wounded in any way other then a broken neck. I played along as an innocent.

"Oh, yea I was just collecting some water from nearby when I heard it. When I came to investigate I noticed you two. You guys aren't gonna do that to me right?"

Both of them had a bit of a chuckle before reassuring me. "Oh no, we're just here to survive as long as we can. Hey, why don't we all team up and have a better chance of survival."

The woman was very cheery, almost sickeningly so. The guy snorted his distrust but went along with what she wanted. "I don't really like you but I do as she asks." He was glaring at me the whole time.

I let the pollen work and figured these folks would make good sacrifices. All I would have to do is size them up and when the moment was right, strike. The sound of more deaths being announced distracted us all.

Up in the sky we saw at least fifteen more deaths. Seems the first day would be bloody. I hoped that no one would get further than me.

After the announcement we're finished I returned to them. "Hey, those guys might be back so why don't we find somewhere more private? I think there was a cave a ways back." I used every advantage to get them to trust me.

"Now that you mention it we are kind of tired. Let's head there quickly and assess the situation." Both of them grab their stuff and follow close. This new role of leader will come in handy.

I retrace my steps through the woods checking for anything. It was getting to sundown very fast and we needed some shelter.

"Hey, um my name's Donna, and this big fella is Taur." He snorted again and had to break branches off. For some reason that upset me but I was unsure why. I simply smiled and continued on.

"My name is Freida. It's nice to meet you. Sorry for the appearance by the way. I was attacked by some vicious branches tearing my clothes. I don't mind though, it makes me closer to nature." I gave them a reassuring smile.

We soon found a large tree capable of holding all of us. I climbed up with ease thanks to my newfound strength. I took a moment to look out and see the massive floor of trees. I didn't realise just how large things were from up in the air.

"Hey, can you help him up? He's not really that good at climbing." Donna's voice snapped me out of it and I leaned down helping grab him up. A small platform where we could relax.

The both of them gave a sigh of relief as we finally had a moment to rest. They both took a few drinks from their supplies as I climbed higher looking for a base to stay in tonight.

In the center of the tree was a large hollow for what seemed like a bird. Thankfully it wasn't here yet so i helped them get inside. Once inside we all relaxed letting the day pass by.

"So I guess if we're working together we should know more about each other. I'll go first, I'm a computer programmer for Apple. Maybe you heard about our new imac g3. It's like super advanced and will totally be the dominant computer."

I could believe my ears. Could she really be from the past? I had to know further. "Wow so you can totally use google on that thing right?"

"Yea, I mean it's still new and all but apple is totally cutting edge. Were like way more advanced than microlost." Her shirt made more sense since it was the old logo for apple. That nailed it. She was somehow from the past.

"Hi, I'm Taur and I'm her older brother. I would help with sales usually. We got picked up like you by some weird monster guy." He was still distrustful and was watching me closely.

"I guess it's my turn, well I'm a stocker for a large grocery store chain." I just lied, not wanting to drop the bomb. There were folks from their future here.

"Wow that's so cool, so you like to put all the food on the shelves for people to buy. How do you get it into those boxes?" It was then that it hit me, she was dumber than a cardboard cutout.

"Well, we use special shrinking technology to get it in there. But anywho you have those lovely wings, can you fly?" The sun had gone down enough with our talking that the moon was visible. She seemed to remember and nod her head.

With a graceful leap out of the tree, her wings caught the moonlight and seemed to glow with power. She took flight and even did some twirls. She soon came back in struggling to breath.

"Man, that was tougher than expected. I guess I was more exhausted from all the running. Speaking of, we have to watch out. There's a guy around here who launches fireballs from his hands." She seemed really concerned.

"Yea, especially since I'm kinda part tree." I shared a chuckle with her as Taur just snorted. "Hey, why don't I keep a lookout while you guys rest. I promise to keep us all safe." I gave my innocent face and released a cloud of drowsiness pollen.

It took effect quickly and mixed with their natural exhaustion. They both agreed and lay down to sleep. True to my word I went outside and kept watch. I slumped down sitting against the trunk, looking out at the vast island. Seeing its massive space I knew I was gonna need a game plan. How to execute it, now that's the hard part. I was strong but I knew I would need to be stronger to survive.

12