More than Just Friends Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Danny was beyond pissed. "I'd hate to be the reason you blow off studying," he snapped, feeling toxic but unable to stop his words.

"I'm not blowing it off," Tyler insisted. "I just wanted to see you first, and now I'm going."

It cooled his sails a bit, Tyler's genuine answer. He realized that he was the one compromising Tyler's sucess, which just made him feel shittier. "I did, too," he explained, his emotions still swirling dangerously, even with Tyler's confirmation. "Maybe I shouldn't have come tonight. I don't want it to be my fault if you fail outta college in the first year." He instantly regretted his word choice, why did he say it that way? "I mean, you're smart, but your scholarship, if you lose it cause'a me and-"

"What the fuck, Danny? You don't think you shoulda come over tonight? After all that, like, why-"

"Wait. No, I wanted to come, but I mean, like, if it was cause'a me, and you lost your scholarship-

"I'm fine," Tyler barked, interrupting him before he could get out what he was trying to say. "I'm not gonna fail out. I'm not that stupid. I know what I'm doing."

"I didn't, I mean, if you don't keep up your grades your scholarship-"

"I said I'm fine, Danny," Tyler growled. "I already told you, I know what I'm doing. I'm trying to go study now, if you didn't notice."

Tyler's tone was a sucker punch. "Well, excuse me for being concerned," Danny snapped back. "If you've got it covered, then I'll just butt the fuck out." He shoved his shoes on and stood up. Tyler's cum was still draining out and soaking the seat of his pants, amplifying his misery, but he was too upset to correct it now. "I'll just-"

"Just, go back to your dorm, Danny," Tyler interrupted, the dismissal an icy cold pain in his chest. "I'll deal with my shit, Danny. I'm a big boy."

"Ty, I didn't mean, like-"

"Just go," Tyler said. "I'm late, and like you said, I wouldn't want to fail in my first semester. And, for the record, I don't need your pity and I don't need your handouts."

It touched a sore spot. "My handouts? What the fuck does that mean? When have I given you handouts?!"

Tyler looked at him skeptically. "Really? For real?"

"Yeah, for real." Danny barked. "Tell me what I did that made you feel like a charity case, Tyler."

Tyler was quiet for a moment, but his hands were tight fists. "Nothing, nothing," Tyler dismissed, way too levelly for how tense his body was. "You'd better get going or you'll miss the bus." He moved behind him, then Danny towards the door. "See you later."

Somehow the door was open and Tyler was pushing him through it. "Ty, wait a minute!" Tyler didn't wait a minute. He shut the door in his face, slipping back inside instead of leaving for his study date.

"Thought you were late," he growled.

"Then fucking leave already," Tyler said through the door.

He knocked, his chest too tight. "Tyler, don't, I didn't mean-"

"Don't make a scene, Danny," Tyler said through the door just loud enough for him to hear. "Unless you want people to know we're fucking. Cause then maybe I will lose my scholarship cause of you, grades notwithstanding."

Danny banged his hand on the door three times hard, enough that it hurt. Someone two doors down poked their head out to see what the commotion was about and he pulled his hand back abruptly, then shoved it to his side and stormed down the hall to the elevator. It didn't come fast enough and he stormed to the stairs, ill-lit and smelly, then was slapped in the face by cold wind, wet with sleet.

"Just fucking great," he grumbled, storming towards the bus stop. He looked back at Tyler's window, he knew which one it was, but the lights were still out. He wondered if Tyler was watching him leave or not, and decided he didn't actually care.

But he really did. He watched Tyler's window over his shoulder until he was on the bus, and then again until he was too far away to see it. His stomach hurt and he knew it wasn't from the sex. He was mad at Tyler, but more upset with himself, and he wasn't entirely sure why he couldn't stop crying.