Mothers, Wives, Daughters Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Innocent. Infatuated schoolgirl b.s. Reeg. From someone trying to live their past again. Josh is manipulative. Good at it too. He brings out different emotions in people, unbalances them enough that you sway to where he wants you to go. He holds you there. May tip you into where he would like you to be. Or he just keeps you wanting, frustrated. Before you know it your caught up in his seduction, compelling charm and persuasiveness, writing things to him you shouldn't, dressing the way you shouldn't or having long lunches..."

"OH JESUS H CHRIST KASEY! Thats all bullshit. Less than two hours ago I got you to promise us you wouldn't get suckered by that sperm bubble. What happened Kase? Why'd you let yourself get taken in by the weirdo? In the end he'll do to you what he's done to us, biff you under the bus."

"Regan. Excuse me for saying this but your wife is cock-struck with that little fucker."

There was an awkwardly long pause, Olly coloured red with embarrassment, "I'm so sorry about this Regan. Look. I shouldn't have said that. And I shouldn't have come. Kasey I'm sorry I lost it. I apologise. We'll go now."

"Nope Olly. You guys stay right there. Your boss has something to say."

I looked from Olly to Kasey, defiantly she stared at me. I held it. Begrudgingly and frustrated she pointed at her cell. I handed her mine, angrily she played with it before dropping it on the table, "You three can listen to this. You'll have to excuse me. Understandably, I'm sure. I don't feel in the best mood right now. Thank my husband for this not me. It was him that twisted the apology outta Josh." She turned not acknowledging anybody dug her hands in her pockets and disappeared inside.

They listened bewildered how Landt had turned a one-eighty on his position. I got us a beer and Brian and I told them how we fitted into the picture, how Mike Tulley use to work for me and importantly what was going on at head office. I'd let Olly know anything that was past to me and their jobs seemed secure.

There was one question they asked of me. The girls gave each other awkward stares. Marcie finally asked, "What about you and Kasey Regan?"

"We're okay but need to talk things through. Now with you're input I've got a bit more to consider."

Some 'take cares' and they were gone. Brian and I debriefed each other about our week when my phone went.

Ca-rap, my mother. "Regan, it's Mum. Look, I'm just ringing you to let you know Kasey is staying with me for the night, maybe tomorrow too. Shes called in sick and was wondering if you could tell her girls..."

"Tell her no. They've gone and they're her responsibility, Bub-bye."

------- ----------- -----------

Saturday found me enjoying the peace. Nothing urgent. Kasey hadn't been in contact at all and I'd decided to do the same. If her 'wanting her space' was her desire I'd give it to her. I'd not really thought about where it was I wanted our relationship to be because I'm unsure whether that'd fit with what Kasey wants anymore.

I'd started the night meal and made enough for two, expected I'd be eating alone. Still I hadn't been completely idle.

I'd spent time working through some of the merger technicalities. One item that had worried both companies was integrating our own operations programs and those of the merging company. Both companies designed, built and used their own equipment and programs.

Nothing was generic with either companies programs or easy to integrate. We couldn't ignore it and we needed to fix it. It would take time and hard work. Was I happy about it? Nope, not one bit.

I'd probably not be eating alone when I heard the front door unlock, open and closed. Footsteps on the wooden floor. Hesitant, unsure maybe? "Hi Reeg."

"Kase! Hungry? How about a wine?..... Hang on I'll get us both one.... Grab a seat. Meals about five minutes away."

Kasey appeared surprised. She took the wine quickly, big gulps, her expression a look of relief after she swallowed it. I turned away to check the cooking. Let her figure what it is she wants to say.

"I'm sorry Regan. I should not of lost my cool and run, it was a chicken shit thing to do. My being away 'til today was out of guilt. And shame. And anger at everything. And everybody. I've talked with Gayle and she got me to see how childish I was acting. I've spent the time away to really look at myself and I've come to finally realise two things. The first was how much I love you and want to honour our marriage.

The other is that I need to plan better what shape and direction my career takes. I see now that although I've done well as a team leader and manager I could be doing so much more. I know Josh grated you and my guys the wrong way but he did bring a level of enlightenment for me. (Oh. this should be good. I should record this for Olivia)

Reeg I knew you'd picked up a bit on the eye contact between Josh and I. Hes' told me I need to aim higher and look to areas of management with more control, direction and decision making. That no matter how much the team had dropped the ball I had the capabilities head office were looking for. Hes' found positions for me.

I know I should've talked to you but I thought you'd try to talk me out of it. So last week I talked to Gayle and Josh and I've put in applications for jobs with a unit at head office called costings and contracts.

One other thing is something you need to tell no one about. Josh said its inevitable and will happen this week. My team are being disbanded. I have the task of telling them. Now you know why I hated letting them hear Josh's apology, why I was angry.

I don't know how you got Josh to apologise the way he did but its going to complicate things when I talk to my team. But Reeg, Honey. Just remember come what may this is not going to affect us. Okay?"

I turned with our plates putting the first under Kaseys' nose, "Lets eat now. Don't let it get cold."

Kasey didn't want to talk during the meal. I hogged the conversation and told her about my week, I failed to mention the exact reason why I'd come home a day early. I got the impression she wasn't taking anything in.

I gave Kasey her cell back. I guess she went straight to her contacts and found I'd deleted all of Landts contacts, emails and texts because she uttered a disgusted little mumblefuck. She could get them easily enough.

The weekend was a silent trial but I was comfortable with it. Kasey pretty much closed her self off.

------- ----------- -----------

Monday was reveal day. According to Olly mid-morning. Mike Tulley rung me. He'd had a busy weekend. By Friday morning the head accountant and overseer were stood down. The C&C unit was now under Mikes supervision.

Early investigation found a significant paper trail. Our suspicions on Thursday appeared well founded. Since Friday C&C staff including Landt were working with the inquiry team.

Mike heard complaints from all division chiefs so just what would happen to the unit he couldn't say.

From the way he was err'ing and argh'ing there was a 'but' coming. I did the friendly thing and prompted him, "Come on Mike, out with it."

"Okay Reeg, Look I understand where Kasey is coming from with her application, and she has the necessary qualifications. I'll be honest but please don't say anything Reeg. There is no guarantee that by Friday the C&C unit will exist. I've never met Kasey and I'd left well before you guys hitched, she comes with huge raps Reeg.

I'll let her know personally that we can't accept her applications. There are ten applicants, eight from within C&C and honestly, Kasey and the other outside applicant will at least have their old jobs on Friday." I thanked Mike.

Olivia rung at three in the arvo. From her tone it didn't sound good. Kasey had had a melt down and was going home. Lots of things had gone bad for Kase. Real bad. By the end of Ollys chat I could've titled Kaseys' day 'Just when you think things couldn't get any worse'.

Kasey found Landts contact details, emailed Landt about the jobs and the prick told her the job was a go and to hand in her notice. Which she did despite HR, operations, and the plant general manager pleading with her not to. She may have lost her cool and ranted at one or more. Olly didn't know too many details.

During the time that she was dealing with her resignation problems Mike Tulley rang trying to get hold of her.

Olly caught up with her after lunch and she promptly told Olly to round up the team as she had important news.

When she told them that she had just got an email from Landt telling the sad news, the team being disbanded, Olly, Marcie and Judy all burst out laughing thinking Kasey was joking.

From what Olly said the conversation got terse and convoluted right up to the phone call from Mike Tulley.

So many things dropped into place for Kasey with that phone call. Landt had got some revenge. He'd hurt Kasey the most, manouvering and manipulating her into self-destructive mode without her realising she was being duped. Again though her team stood beside her. Of the five on her team, Judy is the quietest and the bossiest so she went with Kase.

Mike Tulley called. He figured something was up when Kasey terminated the call while he was explaining why he couldn't accept her application for the new position. I explained the events, the timeline. He understood, and would call HR and management expressing the fact that Kasey Forrest was now on executive stress leave 'til further notice and to rip up her resignation.

"Reeg, could you secure Kaseys laptop and cell and don't let her trash anything in case Landt has cleaned out his emails. He's an idiot to email but it's typical of the arrogance of the C&C unit. Even now they don't think they've done any wrong. This has become a legal case and it'll involve things such as a medical assessment of Kasey especially if she wants to prosecute. In any case Reeg, Landt will be dealt with."

Kasey was asleep. Judy was hovering over her happy to just sit and watch. I told her thank you, she could go home. She asked to talk if she could. I made coffee, sat and listened. All the team had talked today and various times over the weekend which intrigued the shit out of me - Kasey's workers care enough about her to talk about ways to help her even away from work!

Over a four month period lots of little foibles appeared with Kasey, details that were different from usual. A frustrated shortness with them, disinterest or dismissive in conversation, or subtle hints or comments just short of insults, "Judy can you relate what you've found to an event that may have triggered it?"

"Heres the thing. Kasey started talking about weird things. Well, for her anyway. Questions about subservience in marriage. Our opinions on female dominance and marriage. Infidelity and cheating for heavens sake! Not a lot individually, but when we compared notes it was a common thread for all of us. Olly got the brunt of it mostly. While it worried her, like us, she kept it to herself until we compared notes."

"So. Regan, you don't have to answer but was this about you guys? The thing is if it is we need to maybe make allowances especially for Kase, as you work your way through it."

Judy deserves. Fail that, they deserve an answer "Umm. No. It concerns infidelity. Look it involves close family members. And separately, friends. Very close friends. Multiples. All roughly 'round the same time."

"Oh god Regan. I'm so sorry."

"Yeah. Thanks. It's not the best, it sucks. But you've all been a big help, I've better insight with whats going on with Kasey. So thanks, it means a lot." Judy gave me a hug and a 'hang in there'. Same for Kasey whispering for her to get well. Then she was gone.

I wasn't alone for long. I reconised the knock and told Brian to come in. Concerned with Kasey, I told him I'd work from home for now. I bought him up to speed with the merger issue, "Mate, given the situation I'm in at the moment I'll keep the details to myself but I can't see me not doing the bulk of it."

"Or we need to make alternative plans Reeg."

Brians never stuck for words but he had something else he wanted to say, "What else ya got mate? Some other worries?"

"Yeah I do. Reeg, look Elly came out about that bloody spa trip. Pamela told Elly you found out through her and Kaseys' little tantrum and recorded their argument. Pamela thought you'd tell me."

FUCK! Fucking double fuck! "Urgh. Brian I'm sorry mate. Kase and I wondered if drugs were involved. I told Pam that she and Elly needed to tell all to you and Dan first. I'll send you what I have."

(This is not fucking good!) "Mate, how are you guys?"

"Bad. She told me yesterday. I can't bear to look at her. I can't believe she even thought that way. She bloody told mum before me which made it worse. My wife thought because, evidently my mother 'hooked up' too she would feel some sympathy for her. Mum asked Eloise if her husband was a serial adulterer. Eloise heard that and she knew she'd fucked up telling mum. Mum tore her to shreds. That relationship is deader than the fucking Dodo. I've told her I don't want kids with her."

"And that I need to really think whether we got a future together." I had nothing. Anything I thought of would've elevated his worries.

It was the snuffling that turned my head. She looked like death warmed up, "You cannot leave Elly Brian. You just cannot. You are her everything honey. Her life. She lives for you. Please don't give up. Please Brian."

They both stood looking at each other. Kasey sad, urgent eyes willing Brian to consider. He broke their unspoken gaze looked at me slowly, silently shaking his head. Kase whimpered. She'd forgotten Brians' feelings towards his parents breakup and the cheating. Elly falling, in his eyes was worse.

Slowly he walked away stopping at the front door, I'd followed. I spoke as he opened the door, "Brian mate, come what may I'm right here. If you need me, call." Without turning, a silent nod the only gesture.

I sent Brian the recording. In our kitchen, Kasey sat slumped over her island, near to tears, "He holds me responsible. He knows it was my fault. If I hadn't planned that weekend he'd still have his faithful trustworthy wife. I saw it in his eyes. The only reason he didn't go off at me Reeg, is you. His loyal and trustworthy friend and not me, your untrustworthy, conniving, faithless wif..."

"Oh for fucks sake Kasey, you didn't read the room well enough." That got her attention, her head came up but didn't turn towards me, "He was upset because I knew but didn't tell him. He's pissed at Pam because he knows she probably led Elly. Yes, he knows you organised the spa trip but knew you didn't know what Elly and Pam got up to. When the Landt thing arrived he pointed out that he was sure it was mostly on Landt. And on that hes' absolutely right.

That brings up the last overriding factor for Brian. YOU, are not his wife. Expecting Elly to look temptation in the face and turn it down. You want him to stay with Eloise? Then tell him how to trust her again."

Silently Kasey shook her head, "I hate all this Reeg. Its doing my head in."

"Mike Tulley rung me. As of now you're on executive stress leave and hes' notified those that need to know and your resignations torn up. The C&C unit is closed for now and they're going after Landt. You need time to think over where to now with work? Do you still want to change departments?"

"I guess. I don't want to even consider going back to my guys. Ollys' more than capable."

"Kasey, they've spent a huge amount of time looking out for you. You need to realise that. And thank them."

"I need to seriously think about that then, huh? She paused, Reeg, Mike Tulley. How do you know him?"

"Many moons ago Mike was my two-IC. We started together on the floor. Brian and I are pretty proud of him."

I stopped talking, Kasey appeared to wither, "God Reeg. And look at me. You're dumb gullible wife. He must be shaking his head..."

I frustratedly butted in, "She! comes with huge raps!"

"What!?"

"It's what they think of you at head office. Mike said 'she comes with huge raps'. It's got nothing to do with Mike and I. It's all on you. You are as good as what you hoped you are."

She came over, pushed into me making sure I wrapped my arms around her, head digging into my chest, no tears. Reassurance, a bit of love. Support. I dragged her, sat on a stool and plonked her down on my knee.

We let the silence linger 'til she was calmer, "I still managed to fuck things up Reeg. Totally. Did you hear about my famous speech to my guys this arvo? That went down like the proverbial lead-fucking-balloon. I couldn't believe it when they all burst out laughing. Or the way I pumped myself up to you all with Landts' 'you gotta beee all you can beee' bullshit!"

"Shit Kase, don't ever use that voice again. You sounded like a demented Margot Robbie." Despite the chaos and whats going on around us we share moments, we laughed our asses off.

Later her sensual smile appeared, "You know Honey, I could really get into the whole Margot thing. Cut my hair shorter, dye it blonde, dark eye shadow, tatts, knee high socks, baseball bat..."

I jumped in, "THIS brings up something else I need you to start doing for me wifey-poo. Those ripped cut-off's and that tee. I expect to see more of that without bra and panties seeing as you're so fond of wearing it for others."

In a second her face changed from happy to horror. Looking at me with big eyes. She hopped off my knee slowly turned and ran through the kitchen and out the terrace doors. I watched her flit past another window heading down the drive. Fuck! What'd I say?

------- ----------- -----------

By Overwatcher.

Share this Story

Similar Stories

Holiday Return Life shattered by an affair, but whose life.in Loving Wives
I Stole Your Love Ch. 01 Wife's friend clues husband in on her infidelity.in Loving Wives
Another "Honey, We Have To Talk" Wife's request backfires.in Loving Wives
Never Enough She thought she could go back to how it was. She was wrong.in Loving Wives
No Need to Talk Pt. 02: Anne The Saddletramp sequel to Astordatair's "I Needed To Talk".in Loving Wives
More Stories