Mr. E. (Over The Top)

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The miracle of birth is something that all teenagers should witness, as it has a tendency to really bring to light the practice of birth control. Parenting is a beautiful experience when someone is ready to take on the responsibility for it. On the other hand, it can be the most frightening, destructive and life changing event that can ever happen to anyone who is not prepared to handle it. Trent knew that Mrs. Miller would make a great mother. His only concern was if he could truly manage to deliver her baby without complications. This was by far the most important test he had ever faced. He couldn't afford any mistakes.

Using his fingers as an approximate measuring device; he was able to tell that she was fully dilated. Reaching inside he made sure that the cord was away from the baby's neck and that it was in proper position for the delivery. Trent briefly thought about how ironic it was that the first time he would ever be able to touch a female's vulva was to help her give birth. Returning to the task at hand, he had Linda resume her fierce pushing, and was soon holding the form of slimy new life in his shaking hands. After a light slap was administered to the infant's tender behind, the sound of a newborns whale rang out through the cave walls. Trent had Becky help him with the baby, as he cut the umbilical cord and used the remainder of their rubbing alcohol to sterilize the area. After testing the water temperature, he gently washed off all of the blood, and wrapped it in his last clean t-shirt, before handing the baby to its very tired mother.

"Linda, I think that it is time for you to meet your son," He said with a smile.

"Is he alright," She asked with concern?

"Well I'm not a doctor, at least not yet anyway, but he is breathing on his own and all indications are that he is perfectly healthy," Trent replied.

"I don't know how I can ever thank you," Linda said.

"Well now that you mention it, I do have a small request," Trent replied.

"Anything," She exclaimed.

If Greg did manage to contact a plane it shouldn't be long before we get rescued. I know there will be a lot of news reporters and paparazzi hounding us trying to get our story. I am a very recluse person, and I don't want the hassle of dealing with them. If the three of you could forgive yourselves to slightly alter a few facts about this whole ordeal I would greatly appreciate it, Trent said.

"What do you want us to tell them," She asked with a puzzled expression?

"I want you to say that Greg is the one who took charge and kept everyone alive. I also want Becky to get the credit for delivering your son," Trent replied to the stunned females.

"But why would you want us to say that? You're the one who saved us. Greg nearly got himself killed the first day out," Becky asked.

"Look I have my reasons, for which I do not wish to reveal at this time. If the three of you are truly grateful, then you will grant me this small favor," Trent replied.

"I am not going to lie to my husband," Linda stated.

"As long as they can keep it to themselves I am not opposed to any of you sharing the truth with close family members. As far as the general public is concerned and that includes my family as well, I want to remain just a bystander in all of this mess," Trent stated to the stunned pair.

"You mean that you are going to lie to your own parents about what went on here," Becky asked?

"Yes, that is what I plan to do," Trent replied.

"Why," Linda asked?

"Like I said, I have my reasons. Now the question is do I have your support or not," Trent asked firmly?

"Well I don't agree with you on this, and I can't speak for Greg or Becky, but you have done so much for us that I for one can't deny your request, no matter how strange it may sound," Linda replied.

"What about you Becky? Will you do this for me? You can't tell any of your friends at school, your boyfriend, or anyone else except close family members, what really happened. I want this to remain a closely guarded secret from the media," Trent asked.

"I guess since Mrs. Miller, I mean Linda agreed to this then I will as well. I still don't understand your motives though," She replied.

"You don't need to know my reasons to comply with my wishes. Now all we have to do is to get Greg on board and everything will be all set for our return back to civilization," He stated.

The group was talking quietly as Greg excitedly returned to the cave with the paramedics in toe. Mrs. Miller and her son were airlifted to the nearest hospital for observation, as the remaining three awaited a second helicopter to transport them back home. Trent took Greg aside and explained to him what was discussed in his absence. Greg was reluctant to take part in Trent's scheme, but eventually gave in to the young man's request. Trent was not sure whether it was the fact that Greg knew he would be looked at as the town hero, or the guilt he felt over Trent having to save the boy's life that finally convinced the quarterback to go along with his story. Regardless of the reason, this whole mess was going to fit very neatly into Trent's master plan.

By the time their plane touched down back in the states the media circus had already begun. It was a tear jerking event as the teens' were finally reunited with their family members who had previously presumed they were dead. After a brief medical exam, the three were treated to anything they desired to eat or drink, and not surprisingly sea food was not among any of their selected choices. It was a crazy time for the group who had been isolated from society for so long, to now be surrounded by media frenzy. National, international, and local news reporters all crowded together, desperate to get the teens take on what occurred. Trent stayed in the background as much as possible, while the other more popular pair revealed their revised version of the events in question. Smiling, to himself, Trent could almost read tomorrows headline, "Football hero saves the day", or "Cheerleader helps mother deliver infant in a cave". This was going to all work out better then he could have ever dreamed.

Mrs. Miller and her son were transferred to a local hospital where they were met by her husband Frank. All indications showed that she and her baby were completely healthy and baring any future complications could return home within the next couple of days. At the doctors request most of the fan fair was kept at bay for now, allowing the tired, but very happy woman to get some much needed rest.

The hype surrounding their return was slow to die down, as the group was booked for talk shows, and interviews with top media celebrities. There was even talk about a book deal with movie rights, but thankfully that never came to pass. During this time Trent stayed pretty quiet, allowing the spotlight to be cast primarily upon the other three members of the group. Frankie Jr. became a popular little fella, in his own right and was even offered spots for TV commercials.

Returning to school was a venture in and of itself. An assembly was called with their group as the guest speakers. It wasn't long before the bullies that were jealous of their notoriety began to once again torment Trent.

"Lay off Tim," Greg exclaimed as he turned the corner and noticed what was going on!

"Oh come on Greg. Don't tell me that you are going to start protecting this wimp now," Tim asked?

"That's right, and if anyone has a problem with that they can take it up with me personally," Greg replied.

"Now stop horsing around and let's get to practice. I haven't played in months, and I want to be ready for when the games start back up," Greg said in a demanding tone.

The boys separated, but Trent was able to catch Greg alone later that day.

"Why did you stick up for me back there," He asked?

"Look man, Tim's an idiot, but a good linebacker. I've seen what you can do, and the last thing I need is for Tim to take things too far, and you ending up having to hurt him before a game. I am also sick of those jerks picking on you. If they knew the truth, you would be treated like a king," Greg replied.

"That is the last thing that I am looking for. All I really want is for them to leave me alone," Trent said.

"Well if they bother you again just let me know," Greg said.

"Thanks, but I'm really not into tattling," Trent replied as the pair separated from one another.

Greg must have spread the word, because the boys had left Trent alone for the most part. For the first time in many years, life at school became almost bearable. Trent of course, was doing well in all of his classes, and not surprisingly Mr. E. had made a comeback this semester. Becky was getting good marks in her classes and her cheerleading techniques were really starting to show a great deal of improvement. Greg's team was winning most every game, and things seemed to be right on track, that is until trouble once again, reared its ugly head.

"Dude, can I speak to you for a minute in private," Greg asked?

"Sure man, what's up," Trent asked?

"I'm having a bit of a problem. I got my geometry test back today, and I didn't do so hot on it," Greg said.

"By not so hot you mean," Trent started to ask?

"I got a 48," He said.

"Ouch, out of a 100. You're right that is not so hot," Trent exclaimed!

"We have another test next week, and if I don't pull my grade up they are gone to bench me from the game. I know that I am probably the last person that you would want to help but," Greg started to ask?

"Look Greg, I will be the first to admit that you and your pals haven't treated me very well in the past, but ever since the plane crash I feel that we have grown to respect one another. If you need help studying to get through your exam I can lend you a hand with that," Trent replied.

"Thanks man you are saving my life here," Greg exclaimed!

"Well I'm starting to get used to doing that," Trent said smiling.

"Um yeah," Greg replied.

So it was settled that the two would meet at Trent's house at about 5:30 or 6:00 when Greg finished with his football practice. At around 4:30 Trent was just returning from the rest room only to find the quarterback standing there waiting for him.

"Um the coach said that passing this test was more important than practice, so he let me go early. Your parents said to just go on up to your room," Greg explained.

"OK. That's fine," Trent cringed knowing that he had left his computer screen on.

"So would you like to explain that," Greg asked pointing towards the monitor?

"I think that it is pretty self-explanatory, don't you," He asked?

"I don't believe it! You're Mr. E.," Greg asked?

"It certainly looks that way," Trent replied.

"I don't understand. We were so awful to you. Why would you do this," Greg asked bewildered?

"I have my reasons," Trent replied.

"That is not good enough this time," Greg said.

"Look, if you want my help studying then you will keep my secret," Trent said a bit heated.

"It won't matter anyway, because until I find out what your motives are for helping us I won't be able to concentrate on anything else," Greg stated.

Knowing the quarterback was probably telling the truth, Trent decided to bite the bullet and give in.

"Alright, but if I share this with you I need to be assured that it stays strictly between the two of us," Trent demanded.

"Will you tell me all of it, including why you really let Becky and I take the credit for what you did back in Canada," Greg asked?

"If you promise to keep it to yourself I will," Trent replied.

"Ok I promise, I won't tell anyone your secrets. Now why did you become this Mr. E.," Greg asked?

"Well I guess the truth of the matter is that I just couldn't help who I fell in love with," Trent replied.

Backing away from the young man Greg asked in horror? "You're in love, with one of us,"

"Not one of the guys on your team you idiot, I am in love with Becky," Trent admitted out loud for the first time ever.

"Becky, Becky Watson," Greg asked in astonishment?

"Do you know of another, of course I mean Becky Watson," Trent said a bit annoyed.

"Ok, I can't fault you for bad taste, but how did you go from loving Becky, to helping out the guys on our team," Greg asked still confused?

Well one day I accidentally overheard Becky tell Stacy that she probably wouldn't be able to go to nursing school, because the councilor said that it was very difficult to obtain a scholarship for cheerleading. Her grades were decent, but not quite good enough to get her there academically, and her mother just couldn't afford to help out. I decided to take it upon myself to try and find her a scholarship or grant that the councilor may have overlooked, but I ran into the same difficulties that he did. Determined not to fail, I learned everything there was to know about cheerleading, which turned out to be a lot more fun then I originally though it would be, if you know what I mean. I came up with cheers that not only featured Becky, but were far beyond anything which the other high schools were attempting at the time. My next big hurdle came when I discovered that because of limited budgets, the few cheerleading scouts that were out there almost always car pooled with other coaches. Since our basketball team pretty much sucks, my only choice was to focus on you football jocks, Trent explained.

"So let me get this straight. You started feeding us plays in order to make us good enough to attract college scouts, in hopes of earning Becky a cheerleading scholarship," Greg asked totally stunned?

"Yes, that was pretty much my plan," Trent replied.

"How did you come up with Mr. E," He asked?

Well I thought it was a cool play on words. If I would have just given you guys the plays, you would have probably ripped them up in my face without taking into account their possible potential. Even your coach treats me like shit. I figured if they were left anonymously you guys might at least give them some consideration," he said.

"You are probably right. Looking back, I am ashamed to admit that is exactly what any of us would have done. How did you manage to come up with such great plays anyway," Greg wanted to know?

Well believe it or not, first I had to learn the game, which was pretty boring until I began to think about it in a terminology that made sense to me. Basic physics states that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. After learning the rules of the game I began to plug in this theory whenever I was studying a play. I went back and researched some of what was deemed as the greatest games of all time. After sorting through all of this knowledge, I was able to come up with plays that quite frankly were well beyond what most average high school coaches were teaching. Your practice and skill level took care of the rest, Trent explained.

"So you let me take the credit for saving us," Greg started to ask?

"Yes, for the same reason. The more popular you became, either on the field or off of it, the more likely it would attract college coaches to your games. If they came to see you play they would also be subjected to Becky's cheerleading performance as well," Trent said.

"So is that why you decided to help me study, so that I can attract scouts for Becky," Greg asked angrily?

"Partially, but if you bothered to notice there have been several coaches watching you from schools that Becky is not even interested in attending," Trent pointed out.

"Now that you mention it, there have been representatives from schools that I haven't even applied for watching me play," Greg said.

"Are you sure you never applied to any of them," Trent asked with a wicked smile?

"Are you saying that you applied to collages using my name," Greg asked totally bewildered?

"Let's just say I plead the fifth on that one," Trent replied grinning.

"Why would you do that," He asked?

Well in the beginning it seemed ok to use you and the teammates after the shitty way you have treated me all these years. When I finally got to know you though; I started to feel guilty about what I was doing. I figured that I wasn't exactly hurting you, but the schools that Becky wanted to attend were hardly competing with the ones that you were looking to go to. I concluded that if I made it seem like you were interested in other serious sports teams, that the college you really wanted to attend just might beef up their offer, Trent explained.

"How did you obtain all our information for the applications," Greg asked?

"You know our high school has a really lousy security system. Just about anyone can hack into it. I really should talk to someone about getting that fixed, after all my information is on there as well," Trent replied red faced.

"So you did all this just to get Becky a scholarship," He asked?

"Pretty much, like I said before you can't help who you fall in love with," Trent replied.

"So why don't you go after her," Greg asked?

"Come on dude, Can you actually see the head cheerleader falling for the school nerd," Trent asked?

"You are a hell of a lot more than just a nerd," Greg replied.

Maybe so, but even if by some miracle I did manage to snag Becky, I am planning on attending Harvard medical school next year, and no matter what kind of strings I pull, I could never get her admitted there. A long distance relationship just won't work. I could stay faithful, but with her looks and body the wolves are going to be all over her like it she was their last supper. It would break my heart to have her, just to lose her to some jock. No, this way she gets a chance at a good life, where she can make it on her own without having to depend on some jackass for support. I am doing my part to get her there, but the rest is up to her, Trent explained.

"Well, I believe I have answered all of your questions. Are you going to keep my secrets," Trent asked?

"I promised I would. One thing you will learn about me is that I don't go back on my word easily. Are you really going to help me pass this test," Greg asked?

"Of course, Becky's future may depend upon it. Besides, I said I would help and like you; I always try to keep my promises," He replied winking at the quarterback.

Upon giving him a few test questions, it didn't take Trent long to figure out where Greg's main problem areas lie. After explaining to the quarterback where he went wrong, the young man really started to comprehend the new material.

"I think with a few more of these study sessions you will be able to go in and ace that test," Trent said confidently.

"Dude, I feel like I am really starting to understand this stuff! Man I just don't know how to thank you," Greg exclaimed!

"Well you did seem to get Tim off my back. Let's just call it even," Trent said.

"You could have easily done that yourself," Greg reminded him.

"Perhaps, but that is just not my style. I didn't study martial arts so that I could beat up the school bully," Trent replied.

"Man the more I get to know you, the cooler you seem to be," The quarterback said.

"Greg, as unbelievable as it may sound, I am beginning to think of you as a friend. I have only told one other person what I shared with you tonight, and I couldn't even admit to him my love for Becky. Please, don't make me regret my decision," Trent said solemnly.

"You have my word brother," Greg replied without breaking eye contact.

With that being said, the two bid each other farewell for the evening with plans to get together a few more times before the test. Trent was of mixed emotions with what happened tonight. He may show up tomorrow the laughing stock of the entire school. Mr. Wang had always taught him to trust his instincts, and for whatever reason Trent actually believed that Greg would not betray him.

The next day passed as it normally would, without Trent being able to detect any unusual snickers or stares. The one unexpected thing that did occur was that the football coach came up and personally thanked Trent for helping Greg. The guy was still an asshole, but at least he was making an effort, and so Trent graciously accepted his gratitude.