Mr. E. (Over The Top)

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After explaining the situation, the police seized Trent's cell phone as evidence. Everyone was taken to the hospital for observation or treatment. Mandy did not want to leave Trent's side, and only after he promised to wait right outside the room did she finally agree to let the doctor examine her. Trent was able to use the nurses' phone to call his parents, and while awaiting their arrival he encountered Mandy's dad in the process.

"Where are you keeping my daughter," The angry man shouted at the frightened nurse?

"Excuse me sir, but are you Mr. Tanner," The detective budded in?

"Yeah I am, and I want to know where my daughter is right now," he spat.

"Sir your daughter appears to have been the victim of an attempted rape earlier this afternoon," The detective started so say.

Turning towards Trent with hate in his eyes the man spat "Why you little punk I should break every bone in your body," Mandy's father said through his rage.

"I don't think you want to do that Mr. Tanner. This young man allegedly stopped the perpetrators from committing the attack." The police officer said.

"So they never," He started to ask.

"No sir, according to the police report there was never any penetration," The detective answered.

Trent's parents had shown up by this time, and the detective began to explain to everyone the details of what happened.

"So let me get this straight. You stood up against three senior football players, yet you don't have a scratch on you. What type of weapon were you using," Her father asked?

"Sir I only fought two of the guys, the third ran away. I am a black belt martial arts expert. I didn't need any other weapon," Trent explained.

"But the officer said one of them had a knife," Trent's mother mentioned?

"He did mom, but with his broken arm he couldn't manage to hold onto it very well," Trent said just as the doctor came out of the examination room.

"Hello Mr. Tanner, I am Doctor Lee. Your daughter has a few minor bruises, and her cloths are ripped, but I can confirm that there wasn't any penetration. I let her have a hospital gown to wear and gave her a mild sedative to help calm her down. I will allow you to take her home, but please watch her carefully, as she has been through quite an ordeal," The doctor said.

After explaining that his wife was at home taking care of Mandy's little sister who had the flu, the man repeatedly thanked Trent for saving his little girl. Before leaving with her father, Mandy came out and gave Trent a hug herself.

With the community as small as it was, and them being absent from school, it wasn't long before Tim and his pals were linked to the attempted rape in the park. Tim broke the silence by telling Becky that the boys had simply stopped to offer the young girl a ride home. She recognized them from school, and knew that they were popular. She said that she wanted to be part of the in crowd too. When she tried to seduce them and they declined her advances, she got mad ripped her own blouse and then jumped from the car screaming rape. She ran right into Trent, and before they could explain what happened he went ballistic injuring Rich and himself, before Ralph had a chance to escape. He convinced her that Mandy was merely acting the part of a victim to get attention. Tim even went as far as to say he felt sorry for the girl, who obviously suffered from major emotional problems.

Tensions ran high both in and out of school as the community divided its support between the two sides. The Tanner's were new to the area, and not too many people have gotten to know them all that well. On the other side of the fence you had the three football players, who were all well known and from decent families. Both stories seemed feasible; it was just a matter of whom to believe.

The boy's attorney surprised everyone by requesting that the trial date be moved up instead of pushed back. It was nearing the end of the semester, and if the three were acquitted they would be allowed back in school and would then be able to graduate with their classmates. Public support greatly favored the three defendants. It was during this time that the defense was handed its first major blow. Somehow the memory chip in Trent's phone had gone missing.

"Without that video I'm afraid that they stand a much greater chance of walking away from this," The district attorney said.

Mandy and her family knew that if she dropped the charges against the three boys, she would be forever branded as a liar and possibly worse. The town folks would likely rally against them and they would be forced to move away. Trent and his family stood solid by their side, secure in the knowledge that they were doing what was right. The day of the trial had finally arrived, and the courthouse was jammed packed. Becky, who was now thoroughly convinced of her boyfriends innocence sat directly behind him to show her support. Everyone was sworn in and testimony was heard. As expected it had become a he said, she said ordeal and things weren't looking too good for the prosecution. That was until Trent took the stand.

"Please explain in your own words what happened that day," The district attorney requested.

Well I was driving home from a party with the windows down. I was just passing the park when I heard a faint scream off in the distance. Deciding to investigate on my own, I drove down the lane and saw a car which I later learned belonged to one of the defendants. Getting out of my own car I walked a little ways and came across the three football players, who appeared to be holding a girl I later recognized as Mandy Tanner against her will. I got out my cell phone to call the police, but I figured that they probably wouldn't arrive in time to save Mandy. I remembered that my phone had a video camera function on it, so I started it up as I approached the group myself. When I was close enough to record everything that was going on I wedged the phone between a few tree branches and aimed the camera towards the group. I then confronted the young men, whom I recognized as Tim Brown, Rich Brady and Ralph Davis. I warned them to let Mandy go, and Tim told me that if I was good he would let me have a piece of her when they were finished. After repeating my warning, I informed them that I held a black belt in both karate and judo, and if they didn't set her free on their own I was going to force them to do so, and they would likely be hurt in the process. Not believing me Tim threw the first punch, which I easily avoided, then I proceeded to take him down, dislocating his shoulder in the process. Rich pulled a knife and was the next to come at me. Since he had a weapon, I took his attack more seriously, and ended up breaking his arm in the process of defending myself. Tim came at me again and this time I broke his nose. Ralph released Mandy and took off in his car so that he didn't have to face me. I then took Mandy to my car and walked back to get my phone. I shut off the video camera, and called the police, Trent explained.

"So where is this video now," The district attorney asked?

"Well sir just as I feared it seems to have disappeared from the evidence room," Trent replied.

"What do you mean as you feared," The judge wanted to know?

"The defendants have a lot of friends and family in this town," Trent started to say.

"Son, if you keep going where I fear your headed you could be charged with liable," The judge warned.

"Not at all your honor, to be charged with liable I would have to accuse a specific person, which I haven't. I am merely trying to tell you what was going through my mind when I decided to send a copy of the video I made back to my home email address," Trent said as the courtroom went wild.

After the judge banged his gavel, and dished out the usual threats Trent was able to finish his testimony.

"I have taken the liberty of burning the file to a DVD, so that you can all get a better idea of what went on that day," Trent said.

Of course the defense attorney objected to the video being submitted as evidence. Trent explained to the judge that after the memory chip had conveniently vanished, he wasn't sure who could be trusted with the knowledge that he had a backup copy of it. He decided to keep it a secret until the trial began.

The judge, wanting to get to the truth of this matter, decided to allow the video into evidence, and although the recording was not the best, one could clearly make out everyone's faces and determine what was happening and being said. The courthouse erupted in chaos, as Becky stood up and slapped Tim, before storming out of the room. The judge had to call a fifteen minute recess in which he cleared the courtroom of anyone who was nonessential to the case.

When the session resumed it was a totally different atmosphere. The boys councilor was ready to talk plea-bargain, but the DA wanted to stand firm with the charges at hand. Mandy surprised everyone when she stood up and asked to address the court.

Your honor, as you can imagine this has been a truly horrifying experience for me. What's made it even worse is that so many people actually believed that I fabricated the whole thing just to gain popularity. If I am grateful for anything it would be that everyone will now know the truth, which is that I wasn't lying, and truly was attacked that day. With that being said, I am well aware that teenagers make mistakes, especially when they have been drinking, as the three defendants clearly had been that afternoon. Although I feel that they should receive more than just a slap on the wrist for what they did, or at least tried to do, I really don't want to see the rest of their lives ruined over something that they probably wouldn't have done if they had been sober, she said.

"Are you asking me to go easy on them," The judge asked?

Your honor, although I don't condone how some people have treated me throughout this nightmare, I do understand their motives. It is through my compassion for the parents and loved ones of the defendants that I ask that you drop the charge of attempted rape, and convict them on the lesser count of assault. This way they won't have the label of sex offender following them for the rest of their lives, she pleaded.

In the end, it was decided that the three defendants would all receive different sentences. Tim was given six months jail time for assault against Mandy and Trent. Rich got a year in jail for assault with a deadly weapon, and Ralph got 3 years probation and 200 hours of community service, since he didn't actually fight anyone. Thanks to Mandy's emotional plea, all three of the boys avoided serious prison terms. Word spread quickly about the young ladies immense generosity, and the once shunned 16 year old soon became one of the most liked and well respected members of her class.

With the trial now over, Trent's concern shifted towards Becky. The poor girl had been so infatuated with Tim, that she just couldn't see him for the asshole that he was. As long as there were some measurements of doubt, she could easily stay caught up in his lies and her dreams of their future together. Now that the truth was undeniable, he had no idea how she would react. Unfortunately for Trent, the answer to that question came the very next day. She had not shown up for her morning classes, so Trent was shocked to find her standing by his locker apparently waiting for him.

"Hello Becky. How are you doing," He asked seconds before the palm of her hand made a surprisingly powerful connection with his face?

"How the hell do you think I am doing you bastard," She screamed?

You had that video this entire time, yet you let me parade around defending that asshole to anyone who would listen. I told everyone that I knew Tim, and he could never have done what he was being falsely accused of. I said that he loved me, and we planned on getting married just as soon as we graduated from college. I even moved out of my parent's home, when they tried to forbid me from seeing him. You were supposed to be my friend, yet you sat back and let me make a complete and utter fool of myself. I don't care what happened in Canada. I hate you Trent Hamilton. I hate your fucking guts, and I hope I never see you again; Becky exclaimed as she ran away crying!

Realizing that anger as deep as hers would take a substantial time to get over; Trent decided that the best think he could do for Becky was to put some distance between them. Knowing that he already had enough credits to graduate, Trent contacted Harvard about their special enrollment program.

"Excuse me Mrs. Miller, but may I have a word with you in private," Trent asked while lightly knocking on her door?

"Sure Trent come on in we're just finishing up. OK Class, don't forget to review chapters 13 through 26, as they will be on your midterm tomorrow," She said as everyone scurried from the room.

"Alright what can I do for you Trent," She asked once they were alone?

"Actually I just came here to say goodbye," Trent said solemnly.

"Goodbye? What are you talking about? Where are you going," The stunned teacher asked?

"Boston actually, I have signed up for a special enrollment program at Harvard Medical School," Trent answered.

"But you haven't even finished high school yet," She argued.

"I have already acquired enough credits, so I petitioned for early graduation," Trent explained.

"Are you doing this because of Becky," She asked?

"Partially yes, but my issues with her aside this is a great opportunity. I have been accepted as a junior intern, and I get to watch and assist the doctors with real life situations," Trent explained.

"I am so very proud of you, but I am going to miss you terribly," Linda said.

"I'm going to miss you to," Trent replied.

"I am trying to keep my departure as quiet as possible, so please don't tell anybody," Trent asked?

"Boy you sure ask me to keep a lot of secrets," She teased. "At any rate I promise that I won't say anything. Could you do me a favor though," She asked?

"I will if I can," Trent answered.

"Would you come to our house for dinner before you leave," She requested?

"Well I am planning on taking off this Sunday morning," Trent replied.

"How about you come over Friday night, I can throw together a pan of lasagna later this evening, and have it all ready to bake for tomorrow night," Linda suggested.

"That sounds delicious, but you're not planning on inviting anyone else, are you," He wanted to know?

"No you don't have to worry about that. My husband and I haven't had a chance to talk to you, since we were rescued. I just thought tomorrow would be a good time to do so," She replied.

After agreeing to come to dinner, Trent headed back home to start packing up the things he needed. Being an incoming freshman, he would have to live in a dorm for a few years. The supervisor he spoke to at Harvard had assured him that a room would be ready upon his arrival. He was busy going through his list when there was a knock on his bedroom door.

"Hey dude, your parents told me I could just come on up. What are you doing," Greg asked eyeing the suitcases?

"Packing," Trent answered smiling.

"Yeah that's pretty obvious, but where are you going," He wanted to know?

So Trent explained his midterm graduation plans and early Harvard acceptance to Greg.

"You're leaving because of what happened with you and Becky, aren't you," Greg asked?

"Mostly yes," Trent admitted. "Don't get me wrong, this is a great opportunity, and will look fantastic on my resume, but with all the drama I have been through since last summer, and now this thing with Becky, man I just can't take it anymore. I need to get away. Somewhere that I can start fresh, and get back to a peaceful boring existence," Trent explained.

"Look man, I don't know whether you should stay here or move to Boston, but one thing I am certain of is that no matter where you end up you are going to stand out in a crowd. If you would just learn to accept that fact of life, you would probably be a happier person," Greg replied.

"There may be a bit of truth in what you're saying, but regardless I just can't stay here anymore. I have been working on Mr. E.'s farewell instructions, and I think they are some of my best work yet. I hope that I can count on you to make sure that the coaches find them," Trent said.

"Yeah, I suppose I can do that. Do you still wish to remain anonymous," Greg asked?

Absolutely, with all of the hype that has been generated about the identity of Mr. E. we practically have different scouts coming to every game. I know that you have already received several offers, and I have heard that Becky has gotten a few for herself. With me out of the picture, maybe she will be more focused and the deals will just keep getting better; Trent explained.

Before Greg left, the two had vowed to keep in touch. Trent asked Greg not to tell anyone about his pending departure, and the quarterback reluctantly agreed not to.

Trent had a great time at the Miller's on Friday. Linda had shared the truth about what happened in Canada with her husband Frank. The guy couldn't have been nicer or more appreciative then he acted that night. The fact that the young man had played such a big role in the safe return of his wife and newborn child made Trent an instant friend for life. Frank even offered Trent a beer with his supper.

"When in our home you are a visiting friend, and not one of my wife's students," Frank stated.

Although he was tempted to accept, Trent graciously declined the drink, citing that he was driving later that evening, and if a cop were to pull him over for any reason, it would not be a good thing to have alcohol on his breath. Linda insisted that Trent hold little Frankie, while she took pictures of the two of them.

"Someday when he grows up I am going to tell him about the wonderful friend who helped bring him into this world," Linda said bringing a slight tear to Trent's eye.

Trent's parents wanted to do something special for his last night at home, but unfortunately they were already engaged in a prior commitment that they couldn't get out of. He understood, as these things sometimes happen with career oriented people. Trent was just finishing up his last minute packing when the door bell rang. Looking out the peep hole the young man was shocked to find Stacey standing there. While opening the door to invite her in, Trent said. "Hello Stacey. So what do I owe this pleasure," He asked?

"I heard that you were graduating early and leaving town," She said.

"Who'd you hear that from," Trent asked annoyed that his plans have already been leaked?

"I overheard our principal Mr. Sutton asked his secretary to pull your file because you had applied for early graduation. He said that you were moving to Massachusetts," Stacey stated.

"Yeah, I've been accepted to a junior internship at Harvard Medical School in Boston," Trent explained.

"OMG that is so cool," Stacey exclaimed!

"I know. I am pretty excited about it," Trent said.

"By the way, Stacey did you tell anyone else about me leaving," Trent asked?

"No, when Mr. Sutton noticed that I was standing there, he said that you requested for it to remain a secret, so I didn't say anything," She said.

"You mean that you never mentioned my leaving even to Becky," Trent wanted to know?

"No way, you have seemed to become a taboo subject where she is concern," Stacey replied.

"Yeah I know," Trent meekly replied.

"So, what brings you by," Trent asked trying to change the subject?

"Well I thought that this might be my last chance," Stacey replied.

"Your last chance for what," He asked curiously.

"To find out how big you really are. I even brought my own measuring device," She said producing a cloth tape measure out of a sewing kit.

1...34567...10