Mr. E. (Over The Top)

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I had my friend drive me to the church and asked the priest to hear my confession. I must admit that afterwards I did feel a bit better, but far from vindicated. I finished up my community service, but kept going to the center to help out. On the second anniversary I decided to just send the flowers and a card. Although I felt I deserved another slap, I didn't want to upset Mandy by her having to face me again. Whenever I saw her around town I would try to stay as far away from her as possible. I again went to confessional and the priest told me that God had already forgiven me for my actions. I told the priest that I felt God's forgiveness was too easy and that I needed more penances that my remorse was genuine. He reluctantly agreed and came up with another list of prayers that I needed to recite; Ralph said.

"When flowers and a card arrived for the third year in a row I was pissed. I knew that Ralph volunteered at the center, and I went there looking for him. Not knowing who I was, one of the workers mentioned that he said something about going to church that night," She started to explain.

"I'd had a particularly bad experience that day. There was a new woman at the center, who'd been abused by her ex-boyfriend. The haunted look in her eyes reminded me so much of Mandy's expression in that video that I just couldn't take it," Ralph said as he started to tear up from just recalling the event.

Ralph was just coming from confession when we practically bumped into one another. He took one look at me and fell to the ground crying in hysterics, repeating over and over again how sorry he was. All at once my anger seemed to vanish. I realized that this man at my feet had been suffering just as much as I was. I suddenly found myself on my knees comforting one of the guys who were responsible for attacking me. I whispered that I forgave him and that is when he really lost it. I don't know how long we just kneeled there hugging each other and crying. When we both finally calmed down, I suggested that we go get a cup of coffee. At first Ralph was reluctant to do so, but I said that I was no longer scared of him, and asked him if he felt that he might still be a threat to me. When he replied that he would rather die than ever hurt me again, I told him that I was thirsty and he was going to buy me a cup of coffee period; Mandy explained.

We ended up talking for over three hours. Quite a few people gave us funny looks when we came into the coffee shop together, but thankfully no one said anything. I told her that I was drunk the night we attacked her, and if I'd been sober it never would have happened. I wasn't making excuses. I chose to drink to the point where I was no longer in control of my actions, and vowed to never touch another drop of alcohol as long as I lived; Ralph said.

As we got past what happened that night and started discussing our lives beyond that point, we discovered that we had quite a bit in common. I learned that Ralph was working for his father, and taking online accounting classes to get his bachelor's degree. He was also volunteering at the center and going to church regularly. I told him about my job as a waitress and that I too was taking online classes, to become a paralegal. It was funny, but when we finally stopped avoiding each other we became really good friends. Needless to say that my family and other friends were not real happy about this; Mandy said.

"That is the understatement of the year. The first time that you invited me over, I was literally afraid for my life," Ralph reminded her.

Yeah, Dad was pretty pissed at me when we started dating. Even though at that point we were only going out as friends, I later found out that Dad had hired a private investigator to follow Ralph around and try to drum up some dirt on him. After two months of spying, the only thing that they could come up with, other than what we already knew was that Ralph was boring. Even after the PI firm balled on him, Dad still had his friends watching us like a hawk. Despite Dad's interference, the two of us were growing closer. One night I met Ralph at the center, and was watching him interact with the youth group he was involved with. When we got ready to leave I took the initiative and kissed him. Of course by the time that I got home Dad had already heard about it. I finally had enough. I mentioned to Dad that he always claimed to be able to tell if a person was lying by looking in their eyes. I challenged him to talk to Ralph. I also reminded him of a few of the stories that I was told about some of his not too flattering moments when he used to drink. Dad reluctantly agreed to talk with him, but on the stipulation that I wasn't allowed to be there. After swearing to me that there would be no violence between them Ralph and I eventually agreed to his terms; Mandy explained.

Meeting her dad for the first time alone was probably the single most terrifying thing that I had ever done. The man pulls no punches. The first thing that he said to me was that he didn't care if Mandy forgave me or not, because he never would. I looked him square in the eye and told him that as her father I would expect nothing less. I also mentioned that we now had something in common, because I will never forgive myself either. We talked for a little while, and I tried to answer all of his questions as truthfully as I could. When he asked what my intentions were with his daughter, I told him that I honestly didn't know. I couldn't understand why an angle like Mandy would want to have anything to do with someone like me. I said that if what happened in the park had never occurred, I would be seriously considering marriage. He asked me if I was in love with his daughter, and I answered truthfully that I was. I knew with what I had done that a marriage to Mandy was out of the question. I told him that I had let alcohol and peer pressures destroy my future. I said that even though I knew it was wrong, I considered taking my own life many times. I admitted that probably the only thing that stopped me from doing so was my work at the center. I could clearly see how my actions had such a negative impact on the lives of so many people. If I could persuade just one person not to take the same path that I had chosen, then no matter how miserable I was, my existence here on this earth at least might have some kind of positive meaning. He told me that Mandy was a stubborn girl, and as much as he and his wife have tried to persuade her against it, she was still intent on seeing me. I said that his daughter no longer had anything to fear from me. His reply shocked me to my very core. His said that Mandy wasn't the one who needed to be afraid, but I should be. He declared that his daughter always seemed to get what she wanted, and as much as he hated it, her eyes told him that what she wanted was me. After we sat there for a few minutes in silence, he mentioned that he skipped his regular bowling night to have this talk with me. I said that I enjoy bowling as well. All of a sudden he stood up grabbed his bowling bag from the hall closet and said let's go; Ralph said.

When Mom and I came home from shopping Ralph's car was still parked out front, but the two of them were nowhere to be found. We checked the garage, only to find Dad's car missing. You can't even imagine the scenarios that were going through our heads at that point. We tried each of their cell phones, but didn't get an answer from either one of them. We even called the police to report two missing persons, but they said we had to wait 24 hours to do so. Mom and I were frantic by the time they arrived back home a couple of hours later. They both apologized, explaining that the bowling alley was so noisy that they didn't hear their phones ring; Mandy said.

"After that night, her dad and I got together every couple of weeks to go bowling. I wouldn't exactly classify us as friends at that point, but at least we seemed to tolerate each other. My relationship with Mandy was also slowly progressing," Ralph said. *

"Slowly progressing? Mandy questioned her husband. You call light pecks on the cheek slowly progressing? A turtle moves faster than you did. I eventually had to take the initiative," She said.

"Um, I don't think he needs to hear about that part," Ralph directed at his wife.

"Oh, I think I do. Trent teased. Go ahead with your story Mandy," He told her knowing that she was going to tell him anyway, despite her husband's protest.

Well we had planned on going swimming one afternoon, so I had bought a new suit for the occasion. We stopped by Ralph's apartment to get his. While he was in the bedroom I went to the bathroom to change. I had been dropping clues all week that I wanted to advance our relationship, but Ralph never seemed to pick up on any of them. I decided to do something a bit bolder. With his back towards me I asked him if this suit made me look fat; Mandy said with a smile on her face.

"When I turned around I noticed that it wasn't her bathing suit she was referring to, but her birthday suit instead," Ralph finished deciding to get back into the conversation.

He actually had the nerve to ask me what I was doing. I said if he couldn't figure it out by now I was going to have a lot of fun explaining things. I told him that I was tired of waiting, and that it was time that he made love to me. He said that he just couldn't. I asked if it was against his religious beliefs to have sex outside of marriage. He said that it wasn't against his personal beliefs, but it would be too hard to have me for a sex partner knowing that he could never have me for his wife. I asked him if he wanted me to be his wife. With tears in his eyes he replied more than anything in this world. I said then you had better get to asking, because I am not getting any younger; he explained.

The rest is a bit private, but she did say yes. Our parents pretty much knew what was coming. On our wedding day her dad told me that he still hadn't forgiven me, but with a smile he did say that he could probably learn to accept me as long as I kept his little girl happy. I looked him straight in the eye and said that I will probably make her angry on occasion, as all husbands do, but if I ever hurt her on purpose, he not only had my permission to kill me, but I would help him do it. The funny thing is that I think he knew I was serious; Ralph said as the pair shared a kiss.

"Gee honey, I know that pregnancy can be painful. I hope your dad doesn't count that against me," He said smiling.

"Depending on how painful it is, if he doesn't, I just might," She responded with her own grin.

"Seriously, I am very happy that things worked out for the both of you," Trent said.

"You know man, if you're not currently seeing anyone; there are some single women in our church who we could set you up with," Ralph said.

"Thanks, but I don't really have all that much time for socializing," Trent said trying to avoid being the victim of a blind date.

"You still hung up on her," Mandy asked?

"Who are you talking about," Trent wanted to know?

"Now who am I talking about? Becky of course! You remember the girl you left town over," Mandy exclaimed!

"I left town to go to med school," Trent replied.

"You left town to hide from Becky," She challenged.

"We have been very honest with you. Now it's time for you to be honest with yourself," Mandy said.

"Mandy," Ralph exclaimed!

"Look man you have to forgive her. It's just the hormones talking," Ralph tried to explain.

"Ralph, you forget that I got to know Mandy pretty well before I left. What she just said to me hormones had nothing to do with. That was all her," Trent replied.

Directing his next statement to Mandy he said. "Even if I did still care about Becky, she is a married woman."

"Married, not unless she snuck off to Vegas without telling anyone since I talked to her yesterday," Mandy replied.

"But I read where she was engaged," Trent said.

"Oh she was, but she came home and found," Mandy started to say.

"Mandy," Ralph exclaimed!

"Oh your right Hon, I'm sorry Trent, but gossiping is a sin that I must admit I fall prey to sometimes. If you want to know any more you will have to ask Becky yourself," Mandy replied.

"Ask her myself? Is she going to be here tonight," Trent asked?

"Of course silly, didn't you know she was one of the organizers," Mandy asked?

"No one seemed to mention that that little bit of information to me," Trent said thinking about how he was going to be having a nice long chat with Greg, and the nice part might not be a very accurate description of their pending discussion.

"That's not a problem for you, is it," Mandy asked looking concerned?

"Well I hope it isn't, because I booked the both of you for the same time slot," Ralph said.

"What are you talking about," Trent asked?

"Um, Greg said you had agreed to donate four hours of your time working at the center tomorrow afternoon. You did consent to that right," Ralph asked with a worried look?

"Yes I did," Trent replied.

"Well every doctor needs his nurse," Ralph explained.

"Does Becky know that I am the doctor that is going to be working with her tomorrow," Trent asked?

"She's the one who picked your time slot," Mandy said nearly knocking him off his feet.

"Well as great as it has been catching up with you, Mandy and I have some work to do before the raffle starts," Ralph said.

"Oh my Gosh, you're right hon. I didn't realize it was getting this late. I can't believe that tonight we are finally going to know the identity of Mr. E. I am so excited," Mandy exclaimed!

After the three said their goodbyes, Trent started searching for Greg. In his mind the former quarterback had a bit of explaining to do. As he probed the room Trent was plagued with people either congratulating him on his success, or trying to solicit free medical advice from him. Finally spotting a small table in the corner, Trent sat down and tried to look inconspicuous.

"Still sitting at corner tables," She asked?

"Just trying to get a moments peace," He replied honestly, not considering the implications of his statement.

"Oh I'm sorry. If you want to be left alone," She started to ask?

"No! That is not what I meant! Trent exclaimed. "Please join me," He said.

"So how have you been Stacey," Trent asked his former lover?

"Not too bad. I got married a couple years back. My husband is up at the bar getting us a drink. He will be back shortly," She said.

"So besides getting married, what have you been doing since high school," Trent asked?

"My husband and I run a local insurance company. Say if you're not happy with your current agent we can probably get you a great deal on malpractice insurance," Stacey said.

"Honey, we agreed not to talk about business tonight, remember," Asked the gentleman standing beside her?

"Oh great you're back," She exclaimed ignoring her husband's question!

"Trent Hamilton, I would like you to meet my husband Stan Walker," She said introducing the two men to each other.

"Great to meet you Stan, please have a seat," Trent said.

"So, Stacey tells me the two of you had quite a time back in high school," Stan questioned?

"Well we um," Trent sputtered as he was caught completely off guard by her husband's statement.

"Don't worry Trent, Stan is not the jealous type, are you honey," She asked her husband?

"Of course not, in fact I was wondering if you might have mentioned our little proposal to him," Stan asked.

"No, un I haven't really had a chance to do that yet," She replied a bit nervously.

"What proposal is that Stacey," Trent asked now curious?

Well Stan and I have what you might call a bit of an open marriage. We don't cheat on each other, but we occasionally have people over for a bit of fun. As long as we have each other's consent in advance, we are pretty much open to most things. We are not into heavy BDSM, but a bit of bondage once in a while can be a big turn on. Stan is not into guys at all, but he loves to watch me get it on with other men, especially if they are well endowed. I like to watch him with his girlfriends, but if the lady is willing I also enjoy threesomes, and Stan seems to get off on that as well. I know we haven't seen each other in years, but I told Stan how much fun we had the day before you left, and we agreed that if the opportunity ever arose, we would invite you home for the evening; Stacey said while blushing a bit.

"Stacey, as much fun as that sounds, I am going to have to decline your offer," Trent said.

"Oh I'm sorry. Are you seeing someone," Stacey asked?

Not at the moment, but I have one solid rule that I just won't break. Consent by the husband or not, I never knowingly do anything sexual with another man's wife. Please don't misunderstand. I am not a prude, nor do I look down on your lifestyle. I have other friends who have extended similar invitations. I told them what I am about to tell you now. I feel that everyone must live by the set of principles in which they believe. When you're single experiments such as threesomes or orgies can be a lot of fun, as long as you play it safe and use the proper protection. Committed relationships in my opinion are far too complicated on their own without adding other sexual partners into the mix. I may be a bit old fashion, but to me marriage is for monogamy, and anyone that I choose to marry would have to believe the same way as I do on that matter; Trent explained.

I thought that you might feel that way, but with as much fun as we had the day before you left I had to at least make the offer. I hope that there are not any hard feelings," Stacey asked?

"Not on my part. I do have to say that you are definitely the hardest person I have ever had to turn down," Trent said in all honesty.

"Well I don't want to force you to go against your beliefs, but if you ever change your mind the offer is an open invitation," Stacey said with a smirk.

"I don't foresee that happening, but one never knows. Weak moments sometimes occur," Trent flirted.

Stan and Stacey left pretty quickly after that. Trent thought that they were probably a bit embarrassed that he turned them down. In truth Trent didn't put too much stock in the survival of their marriage. He really didn't see himself as a prude, but there was no way he would ever share a wife, or even a serious girlfriend with another person. It just wasn't in him to do so.

Voting was well underway, and the first hour tallies were about to be announced. As Greg had predicted most of the votes went to a handful of jocks. Greg got up on stage and thanked everyone for their participation. He eliminated the first five candidates, stating that the money they generated would go into a pool for the 50/50 drawing. The ticket booths were now to be open for the second round of eliminations, with the raffle prices having increased to $10 a ticket.

Trent smiled to himself, as phones once again started ringing with excited participants hoping to guess the name of the mysterious benefactor, and consequently win themselves big money in the process. Greg sure knew how to organize an event. This was going to bring in quite a substantial amount of cash for the failing center. Just seeing the excitement on the faces of Mandy and her husband would make all the publicity crap that Trent had to go through seem almost worth it, at least that is what he tried to convince himself of.

The third hour hit, and along with the increased ticket prices came a changing of the guard. New people came in to work the phones, giving the other volunteers a chance to mingle and enjoy the reunion. The phones were setup in another room of the hall, so Trent had no idea who the original people manning the lines had been, until new faces were suddenly present in the crowd.