Mrs. Jones' Meter Reader

Story Info
His old teacher gives him new lessons.
10.1k words
4.72
25.8k
27
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Trionyx
Trionyx
1,167 Followers

This story is submitted for the On The Job Challenge 2023.

-----

I'm a guy you might see around your neighborhood every month, a guy you forget about until next month, but I don't forget you or your house or your dog.

You see, I'm your meter reader. I move from house to house, hoppin' fences, runnin' up driveways and ignorin' barking dogs, to put down in my logbook the numbers on the dials that tell the folks back at headquarters how much 'lectricity you used. The job is easy on the brain. I just look at the little dials and write. And check the security tag. Nothing more.

And that's good for me 'cause you see, I wasn't too good in school. I mean, I barely finished and I graduated, I think, 'cause Mrs. Jones bumped me up from an F to a D at the last minute. She was kinda cute for an ol' lady. How old? Well, she wasn't that old and I guess she was at least thirty or something, but she always looked good in her dresses. And tits! She had a nice set of knockers that screamed to get free every time she bent over. Too bad she kept her top all buttoned up. But she taught algebra. Shit, why is there algebra? I'm good with math, I know all my times tables and stuff but I never could understand how X can be a number. A number is a number, you know, three or seven or twenty-two but not X. X ain't a number, dammit, it's a letter. Anyways, she eased me up to a D in the class and I got out of Wilson High, barely. I even went to graduation and got a diploma. I think my mom almost passed out from pride, or maybe she was just happy I made it.

Then my old man laid down the law. After I'd been goofin' off for a couple of weeks, he started talkin' about work and earnin' a living. He didn't threaten to kick me out but I kinda got the idea from what he said that I might 'hafta' find work to pay my way. So, I went to the army recruiter and also the navy. They looked at my records from high school and told me to take a hike. You know, Korea was over and done with and they were dialin' back and I guess I didn't cut the mustard with them. Who knew you had to be smart to carry and shoot a gun. Hell, I'd been huntin' since I was twelve and I could handle a gun. But they said something about readin' and followin' instructions and rules and they didn't think I could. Pricks!

I went to a few stores askin' for work. I figured the lumber yard would hire me but they said they'd just hired a couple of vets. Central Hardware was hirin' and I took their little test to see if I was good enough. It had a bunch of odd questions and some I just couldn't understand. Like one of them asked what I would do if the till was a dollar over at the end of the day. I figured a dollar over was gravy and I said I'd keep it. Wrong answer, I guess. I was showed the door and told not to come back.

I tried the local Burger Barn but when I went in there, I knew I couldn't work there. The smell of fryin' oil for eight hours a day would make me puke. I mean, for a few minutes while I'm buyin' a burger, it's OK, but eight hours? No thanks. I went to the county thinkin' I could hold a flag at road construction sites but those jobs were all full, believe it or not. Turns out they get paid a lot! Standin' there, turning a little sign around and they get a dollar twenty-five an hour! Shit, no wonder the jobs were all taken.

After a couple of weeks lookin' for work, I was gettin' discouraged. I know I'm not the sharpest tool in th' shed but I needed a job, any job would do. And just when I was about to give up, I heard about the power company from a lady who'd just told me she didn't need help at her store. Seems they needed meter readers, she'd heard. At first I thought 'no way' but then I figured maybe I could do that and maybe work my way up or something.

I went to the power company the next day. They were nice. Two guys had quit and they needed help right away. They wanted to know if I could read and how strong I was. Sure, I could read and I showed them my diploma. I wasn't super strong but when they asked if I could walk for six to eight hours a day, climbin' fences and goin' up and down steps 'n' I told 'em yes. They hired me on the spot and gave me a uniform. Green shirt and pants, a green hat with the power company written on it and a name tag. When I got home that night, my mom was happy and I know my dad was relieved. He probably thought I'd never get work.

The next Monday I showed up at eight. I had some training' on how to read the meters. It was easy as could be. Just look at the little dials and write down the numbers. The only funny thing was some of the dials were backwards, you know, like a backwards clock, and some were normal. But it took me only about five minutes to nail their little test. Then I was set up to go with another reader named Jim for a few days. He told me that we were paid by the day and if we finished early, we got to go home early. Sweet! I would have twenty routes per month and they had figured each route out so it would take about the same amount of time. If there were a bunch of houses, then we should be able to read more than if the houses or businesses were far apart.

"The best routes are those with a lot of houses. You can blast through them and sometimes you're even given a drink of water or a snack by the housewives."

"What about dogs?" I asked.

"Usually all they do is bark. Bring a few dog bones and after a few visits, they'll leave you alone."

We went together for three days with him lettin' me do all the work by the end. It was easy but he told me my first few times through a neighborhood would be slow. "It'll take you some time to remember where the meters are at each house and how's the quickest way from one to the next. Do you go back to the street and up a driveway or do you hop a fence? Once you've got that figured, you're go to go."

My first month on the job was a killer. Twenty routes over twenty days, the rest of the month was weekends and time off. Jim was right. It took time to find the meters and figure the best ways from one meter to the next. Month two went a little quicker and by the third month I was actually finishin' each day almost on time. I could see with a little more practice I could shave more time off each day.

During my fourth month I was feelin' pretty good. I was makin' good money, even more than the flag turners, and because I was still livin' at home, I was savin' some, too. I got together a few times with some of my high school buddies who were still in town. We were still too young to go to the bars but we were able to sneak booze out of our houses and have parties and picnics where we could drink. Somehow the parties weren't very fun, I mean, it was usually all guys and there weren't no broads around. The girls from high school who didn't get married right away had gone to college or tech schools and were actin' all high and mighty. One girl, Bobbie, even told me when I ran into her and invited her to one of these parties, she'd rather go to a party with a guy with a 'real' job. That made me mad. I had a real job. Someone had to do it and I was helpin' her and her family get electricity. Without it, she couldn't use her fancy damn hair dryer, now, could she? I just turned my back on her and walked away. The last thing I was gonna do was beg the bitch to go with me.

Work started to get more interestin' in the fall. I had been on the job for four or five months and since the days were getting' shorter, we ended up startin' earlier to finish before it got dark in the late afternoon. I was on my route number seventeen that went through Ridge View, a new area in town built right after World War Two. The houses were all about the same and fences were usually just three-foot chain link. I like those because I could easily climb them and go straight between houses and not have to run down to the street and back.

On this one late afternoon it was already cloudy and kinda dark and lights were on in the houses. As I went across the back yard of 236 Maple Street, I glanced at the house and could see right in the window. Maybe they didn't expect anybody to be in the back yard but I could easily see a man makin' out with this woman. They were standin' and huggin' and I could see him kissin' her neck. But his hands were all over her butt and were even pullin' up her dress. I stood there, not movin' and just watchin' them. I watched her dress get pulled up slowly until I could see the tops of her stockings and the little strap things that held them up. Bare skin, I could see bare skin above the stockings and I figured if I waited, I'd see her underwear, maybe more. Just about that time they broke apart and she reached back and pulled the curtains closed. Damn! So close!

But that was what got me to open my eyes and start lookin' around when I was by the houses. Two months later in another neighborhood I had another shot through a window. It was early in the morning and still kinda dark and cloudy. As I went by this one house, I looked in a bedroom window and saw a woman getting' dressed. She was sittin' on her bed and was pullin' up her stockings and snappin' them to her garter belt. But the most amazin' part was, well, she was nekkid from the waist up. I could see her tits! They were the first I had seen in real life.

Now, I knew what tits looked like 'cause I found my dad's stash of dirty pictures hidden in the garage. I don't know where he got them but there must have been about twenty pictures of nekkid women. Some were just of tits but a few showed their butts, too. And one almost, almost showed her front down low. I mean, you could just see the very top of her fur. There wasn't any pictures of pussies but still, they were pretty exciting. I must have jacked off a hundred times in the garage when Mom and Dad were gone and I could sneak out there.

Anyway, there she was, getting' dressed. When she leaned over to pull up her hose, man, those titties hung there and swayed back and forth a little. Beautiful! I must have stood there for five minutes watching until she got all the way dressed. When she put the bra on, I figured it had to hurt. I mean, she was stuffin' those sweet tits into a torpedo bra and they went from hangin' down a little to pokin' straight out. Once she was dressed, I quietly went on my way and finished my route early. Once I was home, I told my mom I had a headache and went straight to my room. I was able to close my eyes and think about the lady with the tits. It didn't take any time to get a hard on and with a little spit and some wrist action, I was able to rub one out in record time.

-----

After that episode, I took a little more time when it was early morning and late afternoon. Sometimes I'd see a little skin, but nothin' like that morning when I saw that lady's tits. Winter faded and in late spring, when I'd been workin' almost a year, I ran into someone I knew. It was a hot Thursday in late May. I was hoppin' fences and getting' thirsty when I decided to take a drink from someone's hose in their backyard. As I was bent over 'n' drinking from the hose, I suddenly heard, "Charlie, is that you?"

I mustuv jumped a mile before I turned around to see Mrs. Jones, my old teacher, on a beach towel. She was kinda sitting forward a little with a big smile on her face. But let me tell you, she had on a bathing suit. A nice one with thin cloth. It wasn't one of those bikinis but it fit her tight. And none of those fake little skirts, either. Near the bottom on the front there was a piece of cloth that kinda ran cross her belly and pretty much hid her snatch, but, man, did she have a classy chassis.

"Uh, Hi, Mrs. Jones. Yeah, it's me."

"Are you my new meter reader?"

"Uh, yeah, since last summer."

"Really? I guess I've always been at school when you've come by before."

"I guess. Uh, why aren't you at school today?"

"Promise you won't tell?"

"Yeah."

"I'm skipping work today. It looked so beautiful I called in sick and decided to hide out and enjoy myself."

"You mean you're fakin' it?"

"Yup. Surprised?"

"Well, yeah, you being a teacher and all."

"You think teachers are superhuman and can't bend the rules now and then?"

"Uh, never thought about it."

"Well, I'm just a girl who wanted to try my new bathing suit on a sunny day and didn't want to wait until school was out."

"So, you broke the rules...?"

"I bent them, Charlie, I didn't break them."

I suddenly decided to ask the question that had been buggin' me since I graduated. "Say, uh, I'm kinda embarrassed but I gotta ask you. Did you maybe bend the rules with my grade last year?"

She looked away from me for a few seconds before lookin' me in the eye. "What if I did, huh?"

"But I was failin'."

"Yes, you were. But that was the only thing keeping you from graduating and I figured if I eased your grade up a tad, you'd graduate and have a diploma. That would help you find some work. Otherwise, you might have ended up doing who knows what."

"Wow. Uh, thanks, I guess."

"You got a job, didn't you?"

"Yeah, and it's a good one. I'm outside all the time, keepin' active, helpin' the 'lectrical customers. Workin' in a store, no, that's not for me."

"What else do you do on the job?"

"I have to do a quick check of each meter. If th' security ring is broke, I look inside and make sure there's no magnets or anything."

"Magnets?"

"Yeah. Some people use magnets to make it look like they used less power. I hafta report them and put on a new ring."

"Oh. OK. I see you were sneaking a drink from my garden hose. Thirsty?"

"Yeah, a little. Mind if I have some more?"

"How about I get you something cold? Ice tea? RC?"

"Oh, you don't hafta to do that, Mrs. Jones. I'm fine."

"I know I don't have to, but maybe I want to. Come on inside," she said as she stood up and walked to me. Shit, she was beautiful! The bathing suit stuck to her like glue pushing the top of her tits up, makin' 'em seem even bigger. And I could see her nipples stickin' out up front. Her legs were classy, even better than some of those pictures in Dad's garage.

And she didn't seem shy. She left the towel on the ground and led me into the house. I got a good look at her ass when she went through the door and just when I thought I got away with it, she saw me in a mirror. I was ready to get chewed out and run away when she just smiled at me and said, "Keep your eyes up here, Charlie. Girls like that better."

I nodded, but when I tried to talk, my mouth was too dry.

"So, tea or cola?"

"Cola," I croaked out. A few seconds later she brought 'em to a kitchen table and invited me to sit down. After a couple of sips and with most of her hidden beneath the table, I felt better.

"You won't get too behind in your rounds, will you?"

"No, Ma'am. I've got plenty of time. This is an easy route. Lots of time."

"Good. So, Charlie, what are you doing these days for fun?"

"Not much. Most girls are too busy for me or don't think I'm any good, you know, bein' just a meter reader."

"But your job is important!"

"Yeah, I guess. They don't think so."

"Have you ever had a girlfriend?"

"Yeah, during my senior year. Sally."

"I remember her. What happened to her?"

"College. Won't talk to me now."

"Too bad. What'd you two do for fun?"

"Movies and stuff."

"Did you get very close to her?"

"Close?"

"Physically?"

"Oh. Yeah, we played Backseat Bingo a couple of times."

"Backseat Bingo?"

"Yeah, you know, makin' out."

"Did you ever 'Bingo'?"

"Huh?"

"Go all the way. Did you ever go all the way?"

"Uh, no. She wanted to save it for her husband."

"Anybody else you've gotten close to?"

"Uh, no."

"I see." She paused for a few seconds, took a few sips through her straw. I could tell she had figured I was a virgin. "So, what days do you come through here?"

"Third Thursday of the month."

"Always the same?"

"Yeah, that way people get their bills just about a month apart."

"I see. So, I could expect to see you again on the third Thursday in June, right?"

"Yes, Ma'am."

"Charlie, I have a favor to ask you. Please don't Ma'am me. My name is Maryjane and please call me by my name."

"Maryjane?"

"Yes."

"Uh, OK." I was getting' kinda nervous. She wanted me to call her Maryjane and there was something about how she was talkin' to me and lookin' at me so I decided to spray gravel. "Uh, Ma'am..., uh, Maryjane, I should get goin'. Don't wanna get behind or nothin'."

"OK, Charlie. Say, could you do me a favor before you go?"

"Uh, sure, I guess."

"I want to tan my back. Could you put some Coppertone on me?"

Now I was way nervous. Touch her? I couldn't do that, could I?

"Uh, what will your husband think, you know..."

"Charlie, my husband is twenty thousand feet down in a sunken ship. A U-boat got him back in forty-three."

"Oh, gosh, I'm sorry, I, uh..."

"It's OK, Charlie. I still miss him even though we'd been married only a few months but I'm not grieving any more. So...will you help me?"

"Uh, sure."

"Good. Let's head back outside."

Once we got there, she turned her back to me, untied the straps holdin' up the suit and peeled it down a bit. "Here, put a little on your hands and smear it around."

I did as I was asked and when I finished, she turned to me. "Thank you, Charlie. Appreciate it."

It was hard to look her in the eyes. I could see the top of her suit had fallen down showin' her tits almost all the way down to her nipples. I told her it was no problem and wished her a good day. Just as I turned to go, she asked, "Third Thursday, right?"

"Yes, Ma'am."

"Charlie!"

"Oh, sorry. Yes, Maryjane."

"That's better. You take care."

"You too."

I was just about finished with my route for the day and that was good 'cause my mind wasn't working too good after seein' Mrs. Jones. Somehow, I finished up with time to spare, turned in my logbook and headed home. That night I grew hair on my palms thinking about Mrs. Jones, uh, Maryjane until I fell asleep.

-----

Nothing much happened over the next month. By the third week of June, I was getting' pretty nervous. Thursday was the day I would be doing her neighborhood again. Something told me to work as quick as I could in the morning so I could spend some more time with her. I even picked up my logbook the night before and at the crack of dawn, I started out. I was nearly done by two pm and had just her street to go. I went up the one side and worked on the last few houses before finishing with hers. I hopped over the fence and walked towards her meter with my heart racing.

"Hello, Charlie, glad you could make it."

There she was, stretched out on her towel except now she had on one of those newfangled bikinis. It showed way more than her other suit. Her tits seemed to stand out more, her belly was smooth and flat and the bottom didn't have that little shelf of cloth over her pussy. The cloth seemed to hug her skin all the way down and I could even see a groove down the middle.

My mouth was suddenly dry and I'm sure my eyes were like golf balls bulgin' out of my head. "Hi, Maryjane."

"On your rounds just like you predicted."

"Yes, Ma'am, uh, sorry, yes I am."

"How many more houses do you have to do today?"

"Uh, none."

"None? You saved the best for last, then, didn't you?" she laughed.

"I guess."

"Care for a cola?"

"Yeah, thanks."

"Come with me, then." She sat up before I realized her top was untied. Her hand quickly held the top to her chest and she leaned over to pick up her towel before leading me to the house. Inside the door, she asked me to have a seat and walked down the hall. Halfway there she dropped her arm and I could see she was holding the top in her hand. I saw her back with only her butt covered. That little peek was all it took to get Roger hard as a rock. I had to adjust him and just as I was finishin', she came back. I know she saw me, at least she smiled at me. By then she had put on a T-shirt but no bra. Her nips were pokin' out and her tits were swayin' with each step.

Trionyx
Trionyx
1,167 Followers