MSDS Material Safety Data Sheet Ch. 02

Story Info
Afterwards: the snow melts, but the shit is still there.
1k words
3.63
15.5k
16

Part 2 of the 3 part series

Updated 03/28/2024
Created 02/20/2024
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
wieliczka
wieliczka
820 Followers

I wrote "MSDS Material Safety Data Sheet" (now part 1) as my entry in the 750 word challenge. With my exquisite proof reading skills,( choke, choke, cough, cough ) I only really only screwed up once ( really big ) with a couple of names. Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa.

However, the more I thought about that story, I realized that there was another story within it to be told. Then I realized that the 750 word challenge was just about over and it is damn near the end of the month.

All chemicals products are required by law to have available an involved technical document that includes information such as the properties of each chemical; the physical, health, and environmental health hazards and medical measures to be taken if exposed. My technical source says that these documents tended to be written in a scientific version of English that was pretty incomprehensible to most users. You remember, most users, those guys that tend to be actually exposed to the chemicals and other substances? GOD DAMN GOVERNMENT OVER REACH. ( This is sarcasm by the way. ) As time went on, I was told that the formats and languages for the MSDS/SDS became more standardized and even became somewhat readable to a lay person. As I've been away from all of that for a while, my readers (yes, both of you) alerted me that they even changed the title of the documents to Safety Data Sheet ( SDS ). I guess that time flies when you are having fun. This will be my second submission for the February 2024 750 word challenge.

As always, this story has been suggested edited by Microsoft Word (an early form of AI?) and the author. All errors ( or even the couple of things that I may have somehow even got correct ) are the sole responsibility of the author, his decisions, a couple of fat-finger issues with my keyboard as well as rereading the fuckin' story an obsessive number of times at different hours of the day till I've just had it. But I'm not bitter....

Yesterday I saw my 'loving' husband fucking my now ex-friend Barb in the hot tub at the cabin. Her husband and I had caught on that they were probably screwing around. They thought that we were drunk and asleep in our beds while they went at it. We raided their clothing, disabled the car and phones then tossed in fluorescent green food dye into the hot tub, then drove away from our marriages.

I've been alone 14 hours and the doorbell sounds. My children, Janet and Tom enter and reach out for a hug. They stop when they see my tears. "What's wrong? Where's dad? He called and said that we needed to be here. Are you OK?" I continue crying and they both hug me as I collapse on the sofa.

"Your father and I are going through a rough patch."

Tom speaks up, "Mom, what is really going on?"

The doorbell rings again and now Ron walks in. His exposed skin has splotches of green. He holds out his green hand for everyone to be quiet. "Let's go to the kitchen table and I'll explain.

"I am here to apologize to all of you, especially you Nancy. I betrayed my vows to you." Looking at our children, "I've always held you to a high standard of integrity. I'm sorry that I didn't do that for myself."

Janet starts, "Tell us what happened. We're adults." She glances at me and her father. We both nod yes.

It appeared that while gassing up his work car by the highway a few weeks ago, he caught sight of Barb's husband John enter the Marriott with a woman. Shocked, Ron parked nearby and used his cell phone camera to document that John was cheating.

"I called Barb the next day and asked her to meet me at an out of the way place and shared what I found. That's when I found out that their marriage has been on shaky ground for a while and..."

I butted in "So you can put your own marriage on shaky ground!..." My son gives me a 'shush', and I defiantly go quiet under his glare.

"Barb and I kept talking for weeks. I was the only one in town besides the lawyer where she could vent."

I just glared at him and that's when he looked directly at me. "That time listening to her caused me to re-evaluate my own marriage and what the future was looking like." Suddenly I felt a bone chilling breeze and stayed quiet. "Nancy, I think that it is time for us to part ways."

Janet jumped in again. "Tom and I get to ask some questions now." Both John and I nodded yes.

"Dad, what is your relationship with Barb? Do you love her?"

"No, she just was someone who was hurting, but would listen to me. Neither of our spouses really wanted to be married..."

"WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?" Janet and Tom looked at me but Tom spoke first. "When was the last time you asked dad what he thought? When was the last time you asked anybody in this family what they thought?" It became very quiet. "Keep thinking, but I'll give you a great example. Remember before COVID and we all went to Florida together? The three of us are Harry Potter fans. There wasn't any way in hell you were going to allow anyone to go to that park? Remember? The more we questioned, the more angry you became. We just fuckin' gave up. Remember that? Want more examples? Dad could supply years worth." I cringed, but somehow I knew that it was now do or die for this marriage and family.

I cried for the next hour while listening how I controlled people and things. It was not a family or a marriage. I was the queen that must be obeyed. All I did now was nod in agreement and hung my head.

As the three of them became quiet, I finally spoke. "I'm so sorry for what I did to you all. I don't know if this marriage or family can be salvaged." I looked at them. "Is there any hope for us?" Looking at Ron, "Would you please stay and try to work things out?"

Ron smiled. "Do you know that that's the first time you said please in years? I'll pick the counselor, not you."

"I promise to work hard. I'll even throw in the food dye remover?"

wieliczka
wieliczka
820 Followers