All Comments on 'MSDS Material Safety Data Sheet'

by wieliczka

Sort by:
  • 54 Comments
rnebularrnebular3 months ago

750 words is very hard to squeeze anything meaningful into. This short was okay but I felt the brevity here. Trust me, I did a 750 word story and it confused readers, so I get they aren't easy.

Thanks for sharing.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy3 months ago

As Kermit said, It's not easy being green. Good one!

5

RePhilRePhil3 months ago

Well done sir. A very challenging endeavour but you pulled it off in spades

GreyMatter46GreyMatter463 months ago

Poetic justice, no real harm done. thanks

Wavedave45Wavedave453 months ago

Well technically for several years now it's no longer the MSDS but the SDS. Safety Data Sheets. Don't ask me why. I was explained at the time and I didn't get it. I looked it up just now and I still don't quite get it. Sounds like bullshit some decision maker or committee invented to justify their salary. It's the same exact fucking thing with nothing changed but the name. Oh sure they changed some wording. But it's still the exact same thing. The fact they dropped the "Material" from the name just makes "Safety Data Sheets" more ambiguous. Let's say you're some moron that just ate a packet of those dry packs full of silica gel thinking they were generic brand pop rocks. You know there's an MSDS somewhere but you can't find it. All you can find is something called the Safety Data Sheets which you assume must be all the crap your boss makes you take classes on like why you shouldn't jump out of a moving forklift. You know the crap you have to sign at the end so if you ever fucked up bad enough they can pull it out and show the jury your signature proving unequivocally that their own asses are indeed covered and whatever you did was because of your own stupidity. Well now you're left thinking you're going to die because they must have gotten rid of the MSDS. You wish you weren't so you can sue them but without knowing how much time you had left you instead decide to get drunk and weld the doors shuts on your managers Miata.

For anyone assuming that I must work in some industry that might deal with dangerous materials to know this, I don't . I worked a fucking office job and I had to take a fucking class and I had to sign a fucking paper to prove I took that damn that class explaining the name change. And some asshole decision maker or committee much closer to me than the government safety sultans responsible for the original name change had decided it was a perfect opportunity to fill our own SDS with every fucking thing imaginable that you might come into contact with in our office. Which means I had to fucking hunt down the SDS's for shit like dry erase markers, canned air, toner, and yes also dry packs. SDS's didn't exist for half the shit they wanted me to find.

Just_WordsJust_Words3 months ago

It's hard to find a new form of revenge, but that works! I liked it. There will be a lot of questions at work on Monday.

dgfergiedgfergie3 months ago

MSDS haven't heard that term in 10 years, that's how long I've been retired from the UW! Used to be on the safety committee and we dealt with that stuff all the time. Pretty good setup for the cheaters, food dye in the hot tub, love it! 5 stars, pretty good for a 750.

jocko_smithjocko_smith3 months ago

Lovely revenge, but then green is my favorite color!

mainer42mainer423 months ago

funny stuff nice

burningloveburninglove3 months ago

Profound!

I would be extremely frustrated fitting a story such as this into 750 words.

You have way more patience than I !!!!!

***** stars (as usual)

Burninglove

studyingstudying3 months ago

"Barb and John work in the same building downtown, just different floors. Could they?"

Of course they could -- you said they were married. I think you meant Barb and Ron.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Short & sweet. Five stars

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

MSDS are now known as SDS Safety Data Sheets. The M for material has been dropped (for the most part). Unless a MSDS has not gone through a revision to be designated by the new term.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Since I wrote software to maintain a database of MSDSs in a past life, I couldn't pass this one up, and it came through in spades.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

That Green S gets everywhere!

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu3 months ago

That was hilarious but doable revenge.

Nice one @weiliczka

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Meh.. Three stars. Nuff said.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Where is the loving wife. it is more a story of being naive and then getting revenge.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Not bad!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x3 months ago

"Barb and John work in the same building downtown" - Shouldn't that be Ron? Isn't John Barb's husband?RON is fucking around with Barb, why would where Barb's husband works be worth mentioning?

silentsoundsilentsound3 months ago

That was a good bit of fun.

Good to see you writing here.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Juvenile and silly. Another "tech" story about how, what, when, but omitting the only question that brings forth the humanity of the characters: Why? Why did they decide to betray their marriages? Oh, well, its pussy and cock, why not? Again, that response makes sense only if you think like a teenager. Long term marriages suddenly thrown away? What happened?

\

And of course, in the aftermath, the cheaters will claim they had been suffering long term psychological and emotional abuse, and their proof will be the dyed water, vandalized cars, and theft of their money and other personal property. The marriages were already broken, the mature response would be to just present the filmed evidence to family and friends and seek remedy in divorce court. I think your family and former friends having video evidence of what a monster you were to your spouse is more humiliating than dyed skin and flat tires. But again, this story was celebrating the techniques, and ignoring the human fallout. Opportunity missed.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Original reversed anti-cuck tale, but too much short. These new wave of 750 short writings are now the normal, but almost always they simply are not tales, just fragments almost useless.

kirei8kirei83 months ago

Good flash story to continue!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Did you mean "Barb and John (or RON) work in the same building downtown, just different floors. Could they?

How deep is the average hot tub- 18 inches? Naw, not enough payback.

And giving MC's own car flat tires? I could see her giving Ron's or Barb's car flats...

Besides, they had already taken the car keys, so what was the point?

Shouldn't she have simply taken the car instead?

Btw, the usual spelling of the name, Streisand changing her own name excepted, is Barbara.

NudeInMaineNudeInMaine3 months ago

I liked it. Food coloring works. I was expecting something more caustic but harmless. Something that gave them the itches or hives, etc.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Brilliant, as always!

JR

Corny1974Corny19743 months ago

One of the best. It needs no more.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I don't care much for the 750word format, but this was cute

RanDog025RanDog0253 months ago

I would have stayed behind and confronted them! Still 5 BIG ONES!

lAnatomistelAnatomiste3 months ago

Now THIS is a story!

5-stars over and over and over and....

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper69893 months ago

You got the name of Ron and John mixed up and I think screwed up the story. You wrote "Barb and John work for the same company". Should have read Barb and Ron work at the same company. It's only 750 words doesn't take much to cause confusion.

114FSO114FSO3 months ago

Cheaters caught and punished.

Chimo1961Chimo19613 months ago

This would be an amazing full story. I’m still giggling

16GaDouble16GaDouble3 months ago

I really LIKED this one! Very original, too.

Good job!

Huedogg2Huedogg23 months ago

Love a good revenge loving wife story

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Not only was this incoherent, but even after rereading this 25 times, you mix Ed up names: “Barb and John work in the same building downtown, just different floors. Could they?” Obviously you meant Barb and RON 😎

.

2 **

Syd254Syd2543 months ago

A good story but needs a lot of expansion, please.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A funny tale. 5 stars DMW aka Sumnut96

26thNC26thNC3 months ago

The ass really is greener on a cheater. Story is too good to limit to 750 words.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A few elementary suggestions if you wish to be a better writter. (1) Learn the difference between a conjunction and a preposition, specifically the difference between as and like. In your first sentence: do chemical products really publish technical documents?

maedhros21maedhros213 months ago

ridiculously bad.....what exactly does food additive do. 1 Star

GardenshedGardenshed3 months ago

Nice, good revenge on cheaters……

This would be a great longer story…..

JTassJTass3 months ago

@maedros21 - It's food-grade dye, like the food coloring you'd use to make colored cake frosting or dye Easter eggs.

So the MCs dyed their spouses bright green for an indeterminate amount of time. Depending on which dye was used and the level of concentration, that could be anywhere from a couple of days to a couple of weeks.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

MSDS have been gone for a a few years, replaced with SDS sheets.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I think this story needed more than the 750/word project. Good beginning tho.

consulting91consulting912 months ago

Great short story. I would love to read an expanded version.

tralan69ertralan69er2 months ago

@Anonymous

RE: MSDS have been gone for a a few years, replaced with SDS sheets.

I would say that is possible some might still have MSDS for NOS.

tralan69ertralan69er2 months ago

Good 750 word story.

Original BTB/BTB. Still smiling, no clothes, no money, no phone and four flat tires while glowing green.

Thank you.

As for the MSDS, I say perhaps the chemical was NOS and still had the original MSDS.

oldtwitoldtwit2 months ago

Oh that’s nasty, but soooooo good , what a devious mind you have, but thank god that you do, great story, short and I was going to say it needs a follow up, when I soy part 2 waiting on the right.

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandlerabout 1 month ago

Too soon to rate but I like where it's going.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Kind of glad it was only 750 words. Like some others commented , it's been years that SDS replaced MSDS, but why would one be needed for food coloring?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userwieliczka@wieliczka
I am married to my first (and only ) wife of 38 years. Only in my extended family, (two continents) has there ever been unfaithfulness. There has been divorces, remarriage, trials and tribulations. Life is messy, I look toward building bridges, not tearing them down. In th...