Murder Close to Home: Carmine -Edit

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Janine nods from the kitchen door. She puts her cell phone in her pocket and comes forward. "Mainline Helicopters lost eighty thousand to the embezzler. There's a problem though, Merle Ingram says they only lost seventy thousand. There seems to be a ten thousand discrepancy somewhere."

Mike nods, "She gave it to Carmine to hang on to him. It all fits now; she was trying to get rid of Cindy and get Theresa caught so she could have him all to herself. But who killed him?"

Janine says, "I think it's time we had a talk with Monica Drummond." Mike agrees and thanks Cindy for her help. They head back to the airport.

"You said the magic words, big boy. You said it all fits now. That's what I mean when I said you see into murders like this with a clarity that so many others lack. We make a great team but you have the knack of putting it all together. So who murdered Carmine?"

"I still don't know. Pieces of the puzzle are still missing."

"Like what? The murder weapon? The motive? What else?"

"The sequence of events."

"Okay, we have the coroner who says he died around midnight and the word of his partner that he was dead at about twelve thirty. What was he doing in the alley before midnight?"

"Yeah, that's it. What was he doing and who was he with just before midnight?"

Janine parks in the lot in front of Mainline Helicopters. She removes a small flat automatic pistol from her case and checks the load then slips it in her pocket. She closes the case and says, "Well, lets go meet the lady."

They walk up to the main doors and go inside. The counter is quiet but an older man comes in coveralls and asks what they would like. Janine explains they are looking for Mrs. Drummond.

"Oh gosh, you won't find her down here. She's the boss. You'll find her upstairs in the offices. Go up the side stairs." They go back outside and around the end of the building. There is a flight of stairs so they go up and enter a small reception area.

Janine asks if they might see Mrs. Drummond.

"Ms. Drummond is a busy woman. Do you have an appointment?"

Janine flashes her ID and the lady says, "Why didn't you say so? I'll ring her." She presses the intercom and says quietly, "Monica, the police are here asking to see you."

The answers comes in a tinny voice from the box, "I'll be right out."

The receptionist says, "Please have a seat. She'll be right out."

Mike sees Janine seated and takes a seat himself. They wait only a few minutes when the Vice President appears in her sharp business suit. She is poised and perfectly at ease. "Good morning, please come in."

They follow her back a hallway to a corner office at the far end. It is large and takes up nearly half the width of the building. Framed photos and models abound on shelves and the desk of various helicopters over jungle terrain and in forest fire situations. In many of the photos Mike can recognize Monica either with a crew or behind the controls of a helicopter.

He comments, "You have your license, do you?"

She notices the picture he is looking at and smiles, "For quite a few years. My ex was a pilot as well. We started the company."

"Is he president of the company?"

"His son is. Notice I did not say my son. He is nearly my age."

"The ex?"

"His son."

"You're a striking woman, Ms. Drummond."

She smiles, "Why thank you, Mr. Claymore."

Mike raises his eyebrows, "You know me?"

"We are neighbours."

"Which brings up an interesting question, why would you call a neighbour with a complaint of fraudulent embezzlement instead of the police?"

She smiles, "Did I?" She turns to Janine, "And who are you?"

"Janine Dempster, RCMP Sergeant in charge of Criminal Investigations. I'm working on the embezzlement case, Ms. Drummond. Would you please answer Mike's question?"

"I believe I did." She smugly replies.

Mike takes it up, "I have a tape of your call and I believe voice experts will match your voice without any problem, ma'am."

She doesn't look so sure of herself now and sits behind her desk. "Please have a seat. So what if I called you? I found the errors in our account and wasn't sure it was what it seemed. I wanted you to double check my findings."

"Was that before or after you removed the extra ten thousand, ma'am?"

She shakes her head, "I don't know anything about that."

Janine breaks in, "I think you do, I think you gave it to Carmine to hang on to him when he was two timing you with Theresa Ingram. That was why you wanted to get her caught, wasn't it?"

"I don't know what you're talking about. Are you suggesting that I would have anything to do with a common truck driver?"

Mike grins and says, "Who said he was a truck driver?"

She snaps, "I read the news, buster."

Janine is quick to interpose, "You knew him because his wife just told us you tried to get her to leave him. Can you deny that?" Her hand hovers near her pocket.

Monica's face sags and she blurts, "Okay, I was having an affair with him. More than an affair, we loved each other. That bitch from the investments place was trying to steal him away. I called to get her caught so he would be mine alone. I was desperate."

"Desperate enough to kill him when he wouldn't give her up?"

"No, no! I didn't do that! It wasn't me. I couldn't kill the man I loved."

Mike asks, "If you didn't, who did?"

She whispers, "My ex was terribly jealous. He heard of an instance where Carmine humiliated me causing much embarrassment in a pub. He swore he would kill Carmine."

Janine jumps in again, "You saw him that night in the alley."

"Yes, but he was alive. I tried to warn him my ex was looking for him. He wouldn't listen. He kept saying his partner was coming and he had to straighten out matters with him first."

Mike asks, "What time was that, Ms. Drummond?"

"After eleven, quite a bit after since it was near eleven when I left the house."

"I see so you think your husband found him right after you left and shot him. Is that it?"

"I don't know. It's all I can think or his partner shot him. I just don't know." She appears so pathetic that Mike feels momentary sorrow for her as she leans forward over her desk with tears dropping onto her blotter.

Janine speaks quietly putting her hand in her pocket. "What is your ex husband's name, Ms. Drummond?"

She raises her head sniffing, "It's Bill, or rather William Drummond."

Janine goes on in a flat voice, "That's funny you should suspect him. You see he was picked up the night of Carmine's death a few hours before he died. He was drunk and was charged with possession of an unregistered firearm. That's why it was brought to our attention in Criminal Investigations. Your ex was in jail, Ms Drummond. Why did you kill Carmine?"

She shakes all over and cries, "I didn't mean to do it. I only wanted to warn him to get rid of that Ingram bitch and leave his wife. He wouldn't listen and then the gun went off. I didn't mean to do it. Oh Carmine!" She drops her head on the desk and Janine tosses Mike a pair of handcuffs.

She grins, "Cuff her, Dano."

"Not so fast!" Monica is sitting up staring at them down the barrel of a 38 revolver. "Move over by her, Mike! And you, remove your hand from that pocket slowly and drop the gun on the floor in front of you."

Mike says softly, "Do it Jan, she has killed before. Don't argue with her."

"Shut the fuck up! The lady and I are going for a plane ride. Kick it over here, lady."

Janine gives the gun a kick behind Monica but she never flinches. "That wasn't smart but it doesn't matter. You and I are walking out of here together and if Mikie wants to see you alive again he won't do anything about it. There's a helicopter in the back parking lot that is all fuelled up. We're going for a little ride, my dear."

Janine tenses to jump her and she warns, "Don't do it, I only need one of you as a hostage. Now lets go. Stand clear, Mike."

Mike holds up an open hand, "Wait! I will likely never see you again. Please tell me why you did kill him?"

She grins, "He wouldn't shut up! You must be related."

Mike shrugs, "But you loved the man? Didn't you?"

"Of course I did. The miserable prick humiliated me and I would have given my life for him. I wanted him so bad I could taste it."

"He must have really hurt you, Monica."

"He did Mike. He hurt me so bad I had to make it stop."

Softly Mike asks, "How could he? You are so beautiful."

"Oh Mike, you don't know what finally did it." She is almost crying.

"Why don't you tell me?"

She shakes her head, "I could stand the awful names he called me because we were always rough with each other but he told me I was worthless, a nothing and to get lost, he was running with that bitch and the money the next day or two. I pulled the gun on him and warned him to get rid of her and his wife. He laughed at me." The tears drop from her chin and her hands holding the gun have dropped down almost to desk level. She shakes all over, "He laughed at me by that garage in the alley. He laughed and I couldn't take any more." She is crying openly. "I couldn't take any more so I shot him and then I shot him again. I didn't want to hurt him but he laughed and I couldn't stop."

Mike whispers, "You didn't mean to do it."

"He was there on the ground by the garage door and I rushed to help him and he looked me in the eye and laughed again at me. I stopped him laughing with a bullet to his head,"

Mike lifts the gun from her hands and says, "He won't hurt you any more, Monica. Never again." He slides the cuffs on her wrists and says, "Jan, get your gun." He hears a whimpering behind him and turns to see her crouched in the corner with her hands over her ears. Her face is a mask of terror.

He picks up the phone and dials 911. By the time officers arrive Janine is able to function again and sees that the arrest is done properly. After they leave she sags against Mike.

She cries, "Why in the head like that? Oh Mike, will it never stop?"

"Come on, you need some lunch before you go back to work."

"Please, just get me home. Ken is off today. I can't go back to the detachment today."

"I'll take you in my car. You can have the department pick up the cruiser here. Come on next door." He helps her down the stairs mid stares and consternation in the building and takes her next door to his car. He quickly goes inside and tells Laura he will not be back until later. He asks her to tell Trudy he is running Janine home and they caught the murderer of Carmine.

He goes back to the car and shuts off his cell phone. Then he backs out and drives out around the airport to King Road. Jan is breathing easier and joking a bit time he pulls in the driveway. She asks, "Please come in with me, Mike. I owe you so much now. Once again you have saved me from certain death. She was never going to let me go unless it was to push me out of the plane."

"You would have fought like a she-devil. It likely would have been you that shoved her out."

"And then? Do you think I could have flown one of those whirlybirds?"

"I bet you would have tried!" They come in the door laughing.

Ken greets them, "What have you two rascals been up to?"

Quickly Janine explains what happened but she leaves out her terrors saying Mike overpowered Monica. "I have one other piece of news for you, husband dear. We are going to have a baby in about seven months. How about that?"

"Wonderful! This calls for a celebration. That's just terrific!"

"I agree and I think Marlene should be included in the celebration. Take the bottle with you and if you hurry she will make you lunch before you have a toast to us and get yourselves in bed. That's what Mike and I are going to do." She laughs and thumbs her nose at him. "Bye bye. Have fun!"

An Ending:

Ken looks at Mike who just nods with a grin. He laughs and picks up the bottle. "Enjoy yourselves, kids. We will!" He leaves.

Janine laughs, "Finally! Let's start in the shower. Beat you upstairs!" She takes off at a run with Mike close behind.

Much later they pick themselves up from the grass by the garage all covered with sweat, grass stains, coffee stains, a grocery receipt clings to her ass and gravel burns spot both the receipt and ass. They are both naked and she grabs his arm catching her breath, "We need another shower. Beat you upstairs!" She takes off but not near so fast and Mike pants as he follows her.

You won't want to miss the next thrilling, titillating detective story of Mike Claymore

An Alternate Ending:

Ken looks at Mike who just nods with a grin. Ken laughs and picks up the bottle. "Enjoy yourselves, kids. We sure will!" He leaves.

Janine laughs, "Finally! Let's start in the shower. Beat you upstairs!" She takes off at a run with Mike close behind her. They leave clothes scattered on the stairs and in the upstairs hallway. As more of her is exposed he feels his cock grow harder. She looks back and squeals, "Oh God, all that and it's all mine!"

She slides into the shower and turns on the water quickly adjusting it as he circles her waist with strong arms and pulls her back hard against him. He kneads her breasts as the hot water sluices over them and she sighs in delight.

She grabs the soap and giving it into his hand pleads, "Lather me up, big boy. Make me as slippery as the inside of my pussy!" He works his hands together with the soap in them creating a great lather then slides them sensually down her hips, down her thighs and brings them back up inside her thighs.

His throbbing erection pulses against the small of her back between them as his hands come up to rub the proud flesh around her pelvis. She presses hard against him turning her head to find his lips with hers. She feels him lathering up his hands again and then she feels them on her breasts. She shivers and laughs. "Oh Mike, let me do you." She feels close to coming already.

He slips her the soap and she lathers up her hands then spins around to put a blob of lather on his nose. She laughs as she rubs the soap into his chest hairs and works her hands all over his chest. She soaps up her hands again and rubs it into his washboard stomach and hips. One last time she lathers her hands and works them up and down his hard manhood. "Gotta make sure he's clean." She giggles in her excitement.

She steps away to let him rinse off and he pulls her back around so he is behind her again. She braces her hands on the far side of the shower stall and opens her legs for him to enter. He guides his cock to rub her in all the right places around her opening and over her clitoris. She wiggles her bottom trying to get it lined up for him to enter but he teases her unmercifully poking here and there rubbing her sensitive areas.

She squeals, "You tease, now your going to have to catch your pussy." She wriggles away and dashes out of the bathroom with Mike in hot pursuit. She runs in a door and he follows. It's a bedroom and he catches her arm throwing her on the bed. He lands on top of her and she wraps her legs around him.

He tries to shove right into her but she wiggles aside and he tries again. She is getting more excited as he keeps trying and finally he pins her down to slide into her deep. She yells his name and comes with a rush as he drives in her deeply. Panting she shakes her head throwing her auburn hair filled with water in every direction. She lets herself go limp and lays there as he pumps away. He stops and says, "Hey, did you run out of gas?"

She laughs and twists her body rolling out from under him. She runs out the door heading for the stairs. Mike shakes his head and roars, "Damn!" He jumps up and follows catching her on the stairs because he jumps down four at a time. He takes her right there on the steps doggy style and her panting turns to squeals of delight as she comes again.

She flops down flat on her stomach on the steps panting and he can't get her up high enough to enter her again. He lifts her hips and she flops back down as soon as he enters so he loses her again. She catches her breath and tenses. When he lifts her ass this time she lets him shove right in deep and pushes her bottom back at him. He grins and starts long stroke in her.

She giggles and drops scooting away from him and calls, "Are you gonna screw the steps or me?" She runs around the room and ducks into the front room then slows down saying, "Not in here. Don't make a mess of my front room, big boy!"

"Hold still then!" He chases her around the large heavy furniture and she squeals, "This was Ken's grandmother's furniture. Don't break anything in here!" He catches her ankle and she lands on the heavy sofa. She hangs on to the back of it as he punches into her from behind.

"Oh Grandma, I'm sorry! But it feels so good!" She raises her ass up high as each stroke goes in deep. "Oh God Mike, fuck me hard!"

Mike decides this is it and really lets go giving her all he's got in rapid strokes. Panting she calls, "Stop! Stop, please Mike!"

He stops and says, "What's the matter?"

"You're gonna make a mess on grandma's couch."

"Pretty soon I am!"

"Move me to the floor."

"Okay." He stays in her and lifts her down with an arm under her stomach. He puts her on her hands and knees on the floor. She drops and scrambles away but he catches her ankle.

"Oh no you don't!"

He reaches for her other ankle and she pushes him with it sliding away and jumping up to run down the hallway. She ducks into the office and tries to hold the door on him but he shoves it open. She backs away from him and comes up against the desk. He closes quickly and hugs her raising her ass up on the desk scattering papers and receipts. Between her legs he grins at her. She lays her head on his chest and says, "Okay big boy, lets do it here!" She raises her legs up and hooks them over his hips putting her arms up around his neck.

She whispers, "Can you make me come one more time?" She kisses him sweetly and he slides up into her easing her back on the desk. He bites at and sucks her nipples as he pulls back almost out of her seeking her G spot. Jabbing here and there just inside her he feels her shudder as he touches it. Chuckling he uses his fingers to stimulate her clitoris and moves his hips at the same time to worry the pea sized spot inside her vagina.

She comes with a scream and squeezes him with her legs like a vice. Shaking all over she pleads for a moment to get her breath. "Oh Mike, I love it when you do that to me! You're the only one to ever give me internal orgasms. No wonder I'm always wet for you!" She struggles to sit up. "You make me so weak. Please help me." He gives her a hand and she moves her ass back a bit to catch her balance freeing her of his appendage.

Quick as a wink she slides off the desk and down between his legs. He spins around but she's gone heading for the kitchen. She stands defiant across the kitchen table from him. Every time he goes to go one way she goes the other. She sticks her tongue out at him and calls, "Can't catch me! Can't catch me!"

He dives to the right and she ducks left, he comes back left and she slides right. He drops down on all fours and goes under the table. She squeals and runs around it but he turns to come up there so she runs back giggling. He stops to watch her legs and auburn wet pussy. "When I catch you I am going to give you the screwing of your life!"

She calls, "Yeah, yeah, gotta catch me first!"

He dives for her legs and bumps the table leg. Coffee spills over his back but he has her leg. He pulls her down onto the floor with him and they roll in the spilt coffee under the kitchen table. She manages to get away again and once again they face each other across the table panting.