My Brother's Best Friend Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I glance up into his eyes.

"Open it! The suspense is killing me." he urges me.

So I do and inside the lid of the box is a card, folded over that has something underneath, it reads:

Happy Birthday Little Kitten. Love, Shawn.

"SHAWN!" I'm almost in tears.

"No crying babe, you'll smudge your makeup."

I lift the card and underneath is a gorgeous moonstone necklace!

The single stone is about the length of my thumb, oval and lustrous. It's set with a beautiful silver border with filigree and the chain is silver too.

"Can I put it on you?" Shawn asks, eyes filled with sincerity.

"YES! Yes please!" I can't stop smiling, touching the stone with just my fingertips.

Shawn takes it out of the box and lays it against my throat. It dangles perfectly in the middle of my chest. Gleaming and beautiful. It feels heavy in a way that lets you know it's there, but not in any way uncomfortable. I look at myself in the mirror and feel intensely emotional.

"I...I love it? I fucking love it. There's not a stronger word for how much I love it! GEEZ you spoiled the hell out of me today." I smile, near tears.

And then the alarm on his phone goes off again.

"7 pm Kitten." he announces.

"I love you." I whisper, the words leaving my mouth before I realize what I just said.

I don't even know what to call the noise that leaves his throat as he grabs me and claims my mouth in a powerful kiss. Joy? Pure happiness? It sounded good, that's all I know.

He pulls up, gazing into my eyes.

"You heard me last night." his words were a statement.

"Yes." I nod.

"I was hoping you did. I wasn't sure. You didn't say anything." his look is intense.

"I didn't know what to say! I was...I was shocked!" I blurt out, suddenly feeling awkward again.

"Feline. I've loved you for years. So many years." he sighs. "You're my first love." he says firmly.

"You're mine too Shawn. I fell in love with you before I turned 15." our confessions, the impact of which hit us both like a ton of bricks.

We're making out wildly again before that damn alarm goes off once more.

"Shit. It's quarter after 7. We gotta scoot!" Shawn grabs my hand and we dash out of the house like crazy people.

Lucky our little town is small. It takes him less than 10 minutes on his bike to cross us over to ShinJo's. Mom's SUV is already here. I imagine Pat, Dad and her all took the same vehicle.

We stroll into the Japanese restaurant at 7:25. Which made Shawn happy because he loathes being late. I don't ever remember him being late for anything. Always early.

Mom and Dad raise their hands from one of the tables near the window and we walk over, grinning like crazy.

"HI Mom! Dad." I smile kissing their cheeks. "Brother, Dearest." kissing Pat's cheek as he rises and hugs me.

"Hay little sis. Shawn, you big oaf." Pat smacks his best friend on the back and we seat ourselves.

"Honey you look lovely." Mom smiles. "My baby is all grown up." her eyes begin to water and Dad puts his arm around her.

"She's still our baby. Aren't you Feline?" Dad smiles, trying to comfort his wife.

"I'll always be your baby Dad, Mom. Always." I affirm. And the waitress comes to take our order.

Part way through the sushi extravaganza Mom notices the necklace.

"Feline...what is that beautiful thing around your throat?" she glances knowingly to Shawn.

"Shawn gave it to me, for my birthday." I smile, finishing a piece of sashimi before the next wave comes. "Do you like it? Isn't it beautiful?" I lay the stone in my palm so mom can have a better look at it. She slides her reading glasses on and murmurs about how beautiful the silver filigree is, surrounding it.

"You outdid yourself Shawn." Dad bellows. He and Pat have had a couple Sapporo's and are feeling pretty good. Mom ordered wine for her and I. We've only had one glass. Shawn refrained. I've never really known him to drink.

"I saw it in a gift shop a few months ago. I knew it was for her." he grins. "It looks great on her, doesn't it?"

Patrick and Dad nod.

"I'm glad it was you." Pat says to his best friend, holding his eyes. "Any other guy, dead. Dead dead. Like, six feet under dead." he mashes his fist into his palm again and our table laughs.

"I promise, I'll take good care of Feline." Shawn declares, placing a protective arm around me and hugging me. "She's the most precious thing I've ever known." he's looking at me, deep in my eyes again. I feel myself melt like a puddle.

"Aw! Shawn honey." Mom smiles. "You've always been a part of our family. This makes it even more special."

Dad just folds his hands behind his head and smiles. "Ahhhh young love...you remember that Kris?" he reminisces, looking over to his wife. She nods.

"Like it was yesterday Chuck. Like it was yesterday!"

The next wave of sushi hits our table and we all dive in.

~ to be continued ~