My First Year in Prison Ch. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It was the middle of the night. I was still in prison. It was all just a dream. Ralph, too? No, Ralph sucking me, kissing me, fucking with the warden, this was all real. Griffin was only a few hours away from me. I would feel better when I would see him. I had to get myself together.

I barely slept and I got up a few hours later. As usual, I went with Fernando and Xander in the communal showers. Kurtis was there, already showering. I tried not to look at his Adonis body or his beautiful bock.

Despite everything that had happened, I was excited to see Griffin. This was real, this was safe. All the shit that was going on inside the prison was just a crazy parenthesis until I could go back to my real life.

An hour later, Xander and Ray were waiting with me in the parlour's line.

Xander was seeing his girlfriend Mindy and Ray was seeing his son, Trevor. Ralph had not found a girl to fuck that day.

I knew things had been a little off with Griffin lately so I had prepared a sort of speech. I knew we would be surrounded but we could still talk to each other without the other inmates listening, everyone being focused on their own things.

There were some important things that I wanted to say. I realized how much I was missing the stability of our life, the safety I felt in his arms, I wanted tell him how much I appreciated what he had done for me.

However, as soon as I saw him, I knew that something was wrong. He had his face of the bad days, like when his mother had to undergo surgery or his dog was hit by a car.

He did not stand up when I arrived and I sat in front of him. I noticed that he was not wearing our engagement ring. Shit.

"Griffin? Is... Is everything okay?"

I knew damn well everything was not okay, just looking at his sad brown eyes.

"Ty..." He checked around if no one was listening. "I won't stay long. I just did not want to do this over the phone."

Tears were already filling up my eyes and my heart was racing fast.

"No... No Griffin... Please."

"Ty... I... I'm sorry... I think we have to end this." He whispered.

I knew where this was going from the second I saw him but it still felt like a huge slap in my face.

"Griffin. No, what are you saying?"

Fuck, the other inmates were too close from us. Ray was just next to me, hugging his eldest son, Trevor. I could not say all that I wanted to say. Griffin was very uncomfortable; he could not even look me in the eyes.

"I... I met someone." He murmured after a while.

"I don't care!" I said a little louder than I should have. Some faces turned. I tried to speak lower. "Look, I understand... Everybody makes mistakes but I... I don't want to lose you."

"It's not a mistake, Ty..." He was crying too. Now, people were definitely watching us.

This could not happen like this, not this way, not while we could not actually talk to each other. I stood up.

"Wait here, Griffin."

I ran into Guard Foster who was standing in the middle of room.

"Sir... I... My friend here, something really hard happened to him, can we just have a few minutes to ourselves? It's really tough with everyone inhere."

Foster could tell that I was distraught, he seemed worried for me. He looked at Griffin who had his head in his hands. Xander left his girlfriend for a minute to come near me as well.

"Bro, what's going on?"

"It's just... Look, I don't want to talk about it, but I just would like to..."

"Follow me Braxton, bring your friend." Settled Foster, he asked another guard to supervise the room, a new guy who had arrived in the prison that same week, and he brought Griffin and I to an adjacent room. Xander returned to his girlfriend, a concern look on his beautiful face.

"You can have some privacy but I have to stay here." Said Foster, who stood against a wall in one of the corners of the little office he had brought us into.

"Thank you. I appreciate it."

I was not entirely sure that I could trust Foster but he probably knew all about my history with Griffin anyway. The warden and Falcon had all the info about my trial and my engagement to Griffin. Truthfully, I just could not bother with maintaining the appearances at this point, I just ran up to Griffin and desperately, I held him. I even tried to kiss him.

Griffin accepted my embrace but he turned his face to avoid the kiss. That hurt deeply.

"Griffin, please, I don't give a damn if you find a hot Puerto Rican to fuck during your trip. I know what we have is real, I promise you, I was tempted here as well. Very tempted! But I..."

"Tyler, I did not fuck someone else. Well... I mean. It's not only sex. I actually met someone."

I took a few steps back, now fully crying.

"How could you do this to me? You promised me! You really want to fuck everything up for a guy you just met!"

"It's not like that... It's not someone I just met in the South."

"But I thought you were away?"

"I came back from my trip a few weeks ago..."

"Who is he?" I asked.

"Someone I met at work..."

"Arthur?"

He looked at his shoes. Of course, it was Arthur! I always thought his had a crush on Griffin. He was a slightly younger guy who was working in the real estate agency. But Griffin had told me times and times again this was nothing to worry about. And now...

"You fucking liar." I spoke.

"I'm sorry, Ty. I tried. I really tried to stay committed to what we have, but with everything I learned when you got arrested and then... Spending time with Ryan and Austin, it's like they were knowing a Tyler very different from the one I got engaged with."

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"The more I was thinking about it, the more I was realizing that you never were truly yourself with me. There was a whole side of you I just did not know of. And I'm not only talking about the drugs or what happened to Will... You never told me about the thing that happened to you in college, with that professor! It's like, there was the Tyler I was in love with and the other one, that had been hidden from me."

Damn, Professor Fletcher was still coming to bite me in the ass 9 years later!

Although what Griffin was saying was reasonable, and although I knew damn well what he meant when he was referring to my other personality -- I did have sex with my cellmate a few hours prior -, I could not help myself from being pity.

"You know what, Griffin? This sounds like a very poor excuse for cheating on your fiancé! I gave you the opportunity, times and times again before I got locked up in here for you to leave. I would have understood, but you promised!"

"You're right. I'm sorry."

Could not he be insulting me? At least, to make easier for me to be mad at him? Why did he have to act so collected?

"Jesus, that's all you have to say."

He sighed and came to hold my hands, I let him.

"I did not want this to end this way."

I sobbed like a child.

"Griffin, please, can we just..."

"I think I have to leave now."

And just like that, it was over. I watched him go and I felt dizzy.

I was crying my balls out, trembling. I felt some hands wrapping me. I had forgotten that he was there. Foster was hugging me.

"Come on, Braxton, it will be ok, calm down." He whispered in my ears.

I cried over Foster's shoulders for a few minutes.

"We'll say that you lost a family member or something, I'll bring you back to your cell." The guard advised.

Mindlessly, I followed Foster's lead and got out of the room, passed by the parlour (people were cheering before I got in, I did not know why), crossed the usual grey corridors -- they looked even more depressing than usual - and finally, reached my cell.

I lied down in my bed. I was no longer crying. I was just mad. Weirdly, I was a bit relieved too. Why? I was a therapist; I could analyse that. I should have been crushed. Deep down I must have known that Griffin had done the right thing. He had made the decision that I should have made a long time ago, but I did not want to be that guy again, the one unable to commit to a serious relationship.

"Are you okay, Ty?"

This was Xander, coming from the parlour half an hour later.

"I'm fine..." I replied, straightening up.

"Your boyfriend broke up with you?" Xander asked very seriously. He knew.

"Yes. He was my fiancé actually." I replied. I just did not have the strength to lie anymore.

Xander had a little movement of surprise but kept his composure.

"That's very awkward then..."

Not the reaction that I had expected.

"Awkward for me to be engaged with a guy?"

"Well, yeah. But no, that's not what I meant. Mindy was telling me that she was afraid I would go after another girl once I would get out of here. Which I would never do! And I told her that, you know, that I wanted to be with her my whole life, to get married, have kids. One thing leading to another, we got engaged in the middle of the parlour while you were in the other room."

I remembered the cheers. After hours of stress, I smiled. Largely, genuinely.

"That's such a great news, Xander." I hugged him. "Congratulations!"

He smiled back at me.

"Sorry about your..."

"Don't even mention it."

"That's funny because, I kind of always knew you were gay. Not because of the guy who came to visit you at the parlour. I just thought you were in love with Kurtis or something, the way you were watching him, talking about him, the way you were acting together."

"Well..."

"What?" Xander asked, eager to know more.

This was a bit ridiculous, I thought I was back in college again, talking with Janice about my date life.

"We could have but I kind of stopped it, you know, because I was engaged."

A huge smile enlightened Xander's face.

"But you're not anymore!"

Damn. This cheeky fucker was right.

"Dude, I've been single for forty-five minutes." I replied, rolling my eyes.

"Exactly! What the hell are you waiting for? Ty, it's obvious Kurtis has a huge thing for you!"

And just like that, my heart was racing again, but for a whole other reason.

I got it all wrong! I had listened to my stupid brain while things were getting steamy with Kurtis. I did not want to listen to my dick... Sure. That seemed like the wise thing to do! But, the truth was, neither my dick or my mind were supposed to tell me what to do! I should have listened to my heart instead, yes, like in that stupid song. And if I was true to myself, since the moment I had met him, my heart was pretty set on Kurtis.

I smiled back at Xander.

"Xander, you're the wisest man of this place!"

He took a sort of Buddha's pose.

"Go on then, at this hour, he must be in the kitchens alone to clean the stuff before they start cooking."

Without thinking much more about it, I jumped out of my cell, running towards the kitchens. This was exhilarating. My fiancé had just broken up with me but all I cared about now was Kurtis. I was really doing that, going after him!

Crazy how your whole life can completely turn around in just two conversations!

There were two main kitchens behind the cafeteria and behind each one, a large storage room. I got there pretty quickly but slowed down my pace, I had heard some noise. I tried to be a little more discreet, I had learned the hard way that I had to be careful. Maybe this was Romano? Some of his people were working in the kitchens. I did not want to find myself in another "Big Pepe situation".

As I was getting closer, I heard some distinct moaning in the storage room. I took a peek inside, there was no door between the empty cooking area and the storage room.

He was there!

As Xander had told me, Kurtis was in the storage room. He was not working though, and he was not alone either.

His pants slid down to his ankles, Kurtis was receiving a blow job from a guy I could only see from behind. Ginger hair. It was Glenn, sucking on Kurtis's massive, hard and juicy cock. He had arrived before me...

I took a step back to remain hidden.

My heart shattered into pieces.

[TO BE CONTINUED]

*******************

As we are reaching the half point of the book, I hope you enjoy the pace of the story taking off. As usual, please share your comments and feedbacks! What did you think of this chapter and what do you think will happen next?

12