My Friend/His Sister Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You should walk Laura down to the falls Kevan," she said with a smile, "show her the rainbows!"

"That's the reason I brought her!" he said, and leapt from the sofa, returning with his shoes and mine. Nanna stepped outside and returned with a green Barbour coat, showing signs of its age, but well maintained and still with the classic lines.

"Here," she said, "Try this, it's just starting to cool down a bit out there and the mist from the waterfall can soak you, if the wind changes!"

"I'll get mine out of the truck," he said heading out.

Nanna held the coat out, and I backed up and put my arms into it, pulling it up and across me, zipping it halfway up. I checked myself out in the mirror over the fireplace, I did look good.

I'd thought about buying one, but many of my old friends had said how they were classic jackets, but stupidly expensive, had that waxy smell to them and needed some maintenance, while a nice Berghaus, or even a Regatta Gore-Tex coat would be a fifth of the price, easier to keep and hundred times more waterproof.

But shit, I did look good in it, and Nanna noticed.

"It looks perfect on you Baby," said Nanna, I noticed a slight choke in her voice, and stepped across to her. "Oh, don't worry honey!" she said perking up, "I've had the coat hanging around in my hallway for twenty-odd years; Jim used to re-wax it when he did ours, and various visitors and a few guests have had a lend of it, but none of them look as good as you do in it, as good as its previous owner looked in it." She brushed her hands across the shoulders and down my arms, giving me an almost satisfied pat, with a look I struggled to place.

I paused with the realisation.

"It was Kev's Mum's... wasn't it," I said.

"Yep," she said with a bit of a forced smile, "I took it out of Phil's garage and brought it home when I drove Kev back one weekend, after that other fucking woman moved in. It was thrown over Katie's old pushbike, I guessed the next step would be the bin. My Katie was slim and curvy-like you. It wouldn't have fitted HER because of those huge false tits and fat arse of hers..."

I spluttered out a laugh, putting a hand across my mouth, but she did have Linda to a tee!

"Linda would have worn one, but only if Barbour had made one in bubble-gum pink!" I said twisting and turning, so Nanna could see me appreciating it.

"Exactly!" said Nanna. She looked me up and down, "Tell you what sweetie, you take it home with you, but promise me; you actually wear it, you wear it just as you are now, you look after it and it'll look after you."

"Of course," I said with a choke in my voice now, "does Kev know it's his Mum's jacket?"

"Yes," she said thoughtfully, "I think so, but I doubt he's ever really thought about it, he wasn't even in his teens when I brought it home. Jim never mentioned it to him, worried it would upset him I suppose, but my silly ol' husband took such great care of it," she stepped up close to me and straightened the brown corduroy collar, "he'd bought it for her, and it was part of her I suppose," she forced out another smile, and shook her head as if trying to shake off the still very real heartbreak, "but I just KNOW he would have approved of you wearing it, and would have told you to take it home with you."

"I look after it I promise," I said, "and I'll look after Kevan too!"

"Thank you Baby," she said, "but do bring him back here every now and again."

"Of course," I said, "I've started to fall in love with this place."

"Good," she said, wrinkling her nose at me, "if you like it now, wait until you get to the falls."

Our peace was shattered by the front door flying open and Kev appearing with a green Barbour just like mine.

"Wow," he said, "That looks like it was made for you."

"Doesn't it," said Nanna, "so much so, I've told her to take it home with her, you rewax it for her when you do yours."

"Excellent," said Kev, holding out his arm, "The sun is just about to start it's descent, the rainbows should be brilliant."

I looked at him quizzically,

"Rainbows?"

"Trust me," he whispered.

"Off you go then," said Nanna, "Dinner at seven?"

I looked at my watch, it was barely four.

"Perfect," he said, and I took his arm and we stepped out into the farmyard and began our walk.

Dressed like old-school country folk, we wandered along some well beaten tracks, soon picking up a fast-flowing stream to our left that I guessed was involved with the waterfall. We held hands as we went, and he pointed out things or places that held a place in his memory. I thought about what an incredible place this must have been to grow up in, but then thought that so many of his stays were about the death of his Mum, and his horrible sister and lack-lustre stepmother.

I kept quiet.

I heard the waterfall before I could see it, and we rounded a bend past a large cluster of trees and there it was.

My mouth fell open.

Rainbows.

As Nanna had predicted, the spray from the descending water had caused a mist that seemed almost alive, and the refracting light was split into those seven primary colours.

"Kev..." I stuttered, "It's beautiful, it's..."

"Yeah," he said, "it is, isn't it?"

We moved closer to the bank, but far enough away from the clouds of spray, caused by the thousands of gallons of clear mountain spring water cascading down to crash on the numerous rocks of a thousand shapes and sizes. I thought about getting out my camera and taking some pictures, but there was no way a two-dimensional photograph could ever do justice to everything around me.

Across the clearing was a wooden bench, that Kev idly wandered across to, rubbing fingers across the top rail proprietorially. I stepped closer and looked at the words carved into it. It read,

'Come stranger, sit and take your rest, in the place that we loved the best,

Where water dances in coloured glee, where sat Katie, her Mum and me.'

Finished with the three initials 'JBE'; 'James Bruce Edris' of course.

The tears came to my eyes, as I too ran fingers across the carving, realising the love that went into it, and came out in every word.

Kev was looking at me with some pride.

"I promised Grandpa I'd look after it," he said, "he made two or three of the top rails with words he carved into them. They're in his workshop, stained, oiled, wrapped in plastic, along with a dozen or so other rails, just in case one of them breaks or starts to rot." I stepped closer and sat down, patting the seat next to me.

"It all seems pretty strong to me, Kev," I said wiping my eyes.

"Yeah, because my Gramps made it," that pride was evident again as he sat down, "I used to walk down here with him whenever I came to stay, and he'd tell me what I'd need to do, the same way, every time; where all the bits were in his shed, how I'd need to knock out one of these wedges," he pointed to the thick wooden plugs holding the rails into the concrete ends his Gramps had rescued from the local council's yard, especially to make this remembrance of his lost girl, "how I'd have to shave down some of the timber to get it through these gaps, the EXACT mix of preservative, not a rough estimate, the real mix." He smiled again at the memories, "There's two bottles of it in his shed still, more than I'll ever need."

"It's such a special place Kev," I said, "thank you for sharing it with me."

"No problem," he said, then stopped himself, "Please..." he caught his breath, "the one thing that Gramps was specific about was that this was always a happy place, a place of beauty and nature," he turned to face me, "he would always say 'don't come here and feel sad, it's too special for that'," Kev smiled at me again, "that's reason the seat doesn't mention losing Mum," he touched a finger to my cheek, "so don't cry Baby."

"I won't Kev, I promise," even as my tears continued to pour.

"My Dad can't come here," he said, "still breaks his heart," he looked across to the vapour cloud, at the waterfall's edge, "He proposed to Mum right there." He pointed to where there was a small clearing.

I said nothing, I mean what do you say?

"He came to Mum's funeral of course, used to bring me to the farm quite often, but would never stay over, wouldn't think of coming here. He came down for Gramps funeral, drove back to his flat that evening, doubt he would have got to his bed much before three in the morning."

"It must be hard for him Kev," I said thinking back to the man we'd had lunch with the previous day, and his evident care and love for his son, and what it must have been to have lost the woman he loved so much, in such a terrible way, and the memories this beautiful place must have held for him, must still hold for him.

I moved closer to my boyfriend and slipped and arm around him and kissed him.

He pulled me closer, and we kissed, longer and harder than we had in those minutes before, and we had one of the most wonderful 'together' moments that we'd had up until then.

I had been horny for him since that morning, and the emotion of that day, mixed with the beauty of our location had started to affect me, and my love for Kev became so much more evident. I stood up and walked to the edge of the stream, away from the mist that Nanna had warned would soak me, to a small patch of long grass that the late afternoon sun was still warming. I slipped off my new jacket, his mum's jacket to be exact, and laid it on the grass.

"Come here Kev," I said, reaching out for his hand, "I want to create some memories of our own in this wonderful place."

Kev stood and removed his jacket, laying it next to mine, and giving me a look that told me he'd read my thoughts. He sat next to me, the biggest loving smile on his face.

"Laura," he started, "I've dreamt for years that I'd have this kind of moment here, but honestly never thought it would ever happen."

I reached down and unlaced my shoes, and pushed them to one side, then unbuttoned my jeans.

"Come here Kev, I've always wanted to be someone's dream-come-true!"

We stripped naked, and made love, our mutual orgasms tearing through us both as we clung to each other. I was groaning, crying out, aware only of my feelings for Kev, and of this incredible place he brought me to.

"Can this be our place as well Kev?"

"ONE of our places Laura," he said looking down at me, brushing my hair from my sweat-damp forehead, "One of our places."

"I know we aren't 'the first', but I kind of like the thought that we're 'the next'," I pulled him down and kissed him again, "I love you Kevan."

"And I love you Laura..." he paused, "Laura..." he pushed himself up on one elbow, running his strong hands over my naked body, "I know we've only been... like going out... living together for a short time... but... I... well..." I could see his struggle.

I was so loved-up with my man that I knew what he wanted to say, I guessed he might have had the same thoughts after our chapel visit that morning.

"Yes Kev," I put a hand to his cheek, and whispered, "I'd love to marry you."

His face was a picture; joy, relief, but mostly the love he obviously felt for me.

"Oh Laura, Baby!"

"Thank you, Kev," I said, feeling I should tell him about that morning, "I..." I swallowed hard, "I have to confess, when we came out of that lovely chapel this morning, and I saw your Mum and Grandpa's grave, I did feel sad, but being there with you and Nanna, I also knew that I'd found the church I wanted to get married in, married to you of course."

"Good," he said, "I could see the way you kept looking back at it, think Nanna must have done as well," he reached into his jeans pocket, "because she gave me this to give to you," he held out a very pretty but not ostentatious engagement ring, "it was hers..." he slipped it on my finger and of course it fitted perfectly.

"Oh Kev!" I sat up, admiring it in the last rays of the sun before they dropped and our rainbows would disappear until the next day, "It's beautiful!"

"Mum was buried with hers," he said, but not with any real sadness, "Dad's request, so Nanna told me after lunch that I should have hers, this." He took my hand and held it, "Love you, Laura Hardy."

"Love you, Kev Goodall."

We lay together kissing and caressing for another twenty minutes by which time the sun had dropped and the chill was evident. We dressed and walked back to the farm, reaching Nanna's kitchen at five minutes to seven, pleasantly tired but emotionally filled from our walk, our love-making and Kev's proposal to me.

Knowing that Nanna would be suitably impressed, I walked into the kitchen where she was stirring pots, and opening one of her two oven doors, and held out my left hand and her engagement ring.

"Thank you Nanna!" I said hugging her, and giggling.

"You are most welcome Baby," she said, looking to her left where Kev was stood, taking off his jacket.

"Perfect moment Nanna," he said, "just like you said."

She winked at him,

"Of course," she said with a grin, "right!" she burst out, "Kevan, down to the cellar, get a bottle of something nice that we can celebrate with."

We toasted our engagement with a rather nice Asti Spumante than Nanna was a fan of, and we sat cuddled up on her sofa again, beaming at each other.

"That Chapel Nanna," I said, having learned from just listening to Kev, his Nanna, and several of the locals it wasn't a 'church', "I just knew from the moment I walked out of it."

"So did I Sweetie," she said, "gave Kevan my ring for you; pleased it fits you!"

"So am I," I said hugging Kev.

"Well let me know when you're arranging everything," she said sitting back in her chair, "I'll book the Maerbont Hotel for you, not too far from the church, and it's where your Mum and Dad's reception was."

"Perfect," said Kev, "are you sure you can get it?"

"I should bloody hope so," she gave him a 'Nanna' look, "I ran it for fifteen years and more than half of their top sellers are still my recipes."

"Thanks Nanna," I said.

"You going to ring your Mum and Dad?" said Nanna, looking across to me.

"No, we're due there for dinner on Wednesday, and tell them both then," I paused, "and my recently engaged brother and his fiancée of course."

"Awww lovely!" she said, "you're a lucky boy Kevan!"

"I know Nanna," he said, stretching down to kiss me.

We woke the next morning and made love straight away, knowing that Nanna was probably already in the kitchen cooking us another of those vast breakfasts she did so well, I was just running back to our room after a trip to the bathroom as Nanna appeared with a big tray, and two plates, the same as the day before.

Naked, but with a big smile I held the door open for her.

"Oh, look at you, gorgeous!" she said brightly. I kissed her cheeks and stepped in, slipping under the covers as she laid the big tray across Kev, bringing in the second one to hand to me, and distributing the plates between us.

We thanked her again, and she smiled them off, just as you would expect from a professional. We ate our fill and drank our tea, and the toast and marmalade were handed over.

Kev was first in the bathroom, and I took more time to inspect my ring finger and the gold band I'd been presented with.

Nanna had told me the evening before, that as soon as Kev had told her about me months before, she'd dug out her engagement ring, and taken it to the jewellers in the next town and had it built up again, and a single missing diamond replaced.

"I wore it for nearly sixty happy years of marriage Baby," she said, "I hope it brings you the same!" I'd filled up again and just walked across and kissed her.

We had another walk up into the hills surrounding Nanna's valley, looking down to where the water poured from the tallest crest, down to crash on the rocks below.

This path was part of a national trail and looked more well-beaten than the ones below, and with a blush I saw that any passing hiker looking down, would have had a clear, but distant view of Kev and I making love down there the evening before.

I blushed, Kev grinned. We carried on walking.

Back to Nanna's farm, and our inevitable drive home, we were presented with a United Nations air-drop-sized packed lunch, that thanks to our big breakfast then mid-day meal, we never touched but did both take to work with us the next day. Along with that were several packs of bacon, sausages, and two pork joints, that Nanna insisted might just serve two if we sliced them thinly. They were big enough for four, but this was Nanna's portion control after all.

With hugs, kisses and promises to return, we drove home, talking about how from a Claire Anita-led Saturday afternoon let-down, we'd had a wonderful weekend in a different part of the countryside, that had led to our engagement.

"You know that Stevie will take the piss Kev," I said looking across to him.

"Yeah, fair's fair," he grinned, "seeing as he's pretty much responsible for you and I, I really should ask him to be my best man."

"Oh Kev, that would be so lovely, I don't think he's been one before," I paused, "and as long as she hasn't fallen pregnant by then, I should really ask Holly to be my Chief Bridesmaid, along with Sophie, and probably Carly and Bev, they were all there that night."

He reached across and took my hand and kissed it,

"Whoever you want Baby," he said, "you're not going to ask you oldest friend, are you?"

I spluttered out a most unladylike laugh.

"Claire? No fucking chance Kev," I paused and closed my eyes, "after all," I took a breath, "My wedding dress will be all wrong, and won't suit my bust and my bottom and she'll sneer because I'm wearing white. Your suit will be the wrong colour and the trousers to short, the reception will be too noisy, too quiet, she won't like the food. She'll complain that your Dad or Linda won't buy her the right dress for the evening, and then she might not have enough time to seduce Steve AND tell everyone there her opinion on the day."

"Don't forget she might vomit because of my sasquatch-like body hair that she hasn't seen in well over fifteen years!"

"Oh God yeah," I shook my head, "and don't forget," I leaned across they handbrake and kissed his cheek, "she's a hundred times the bride I'll ever be."

"Bride," said Kev, saying the word like he was tasting it, "MY bride, hmmmmm..." he quickly looked at me, "I really like the sound of that!"

"So do I, Love you Kev!"

"Love you Laura!"

At work the next day I made it through 'til lunch when Shauna of all people spotted my new engagement ring.

"Laura?!" she all but shouted across the busy staff room. I looked up from the huge roast beef sandwiches and slice of fruitcake Nanna had given us for our journey home (with the same again in the fridge), "RING!?" she tapped the third finger of her left hand, where her engagement, wedding and eternity rings sat.

Sophie who was sat on my right side, leaned over and grabbed my left hand, holding it up into the light.

"Bitch, PLEASE!" she all but screamed, conscious that four hundred young children were either in the adjacent school hall or playgrounds.

I was surrounded by my colleagues, all smiling, some laughing, while Sophie announced,

"Two bloody weeks, how long ago did we predict this? Two Weeks!"

"OK!" I howled over the noise, sit down and I'll tell you the story, BUT" I looked around the room with raised eyebrows, "get your tissues and hankies out ladies...

Five minutes later, and with a longshot photo of the waterfall, I told them about our aborted trip to see Kev's Dad because of HER, then a drive to Wales and the amazing Nanna and her warm welcome.

Then it was the morning walk that ended in the local chapel, and the first 'Oh my's' appeared when I told all my romantic ladies about Kev's Mum and Grandpa's grave. I skipped the amazing lunch going straight to the rainbow fountain, and the words on 'Katie's Bench' and there were red eyes all round.