My Sweet Canadian Girl Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We danced though one song after another as I looked for signs that she was getting tired. Her strength seemed to grow with each song though and I wasn't going to make her stop until she told me she'd had enough. Holding her little hand I let her do a twirl that was so much fun she did a second one. With her wearing a grin that looked ready to split her face we kept on dancing. In my eyes she looked enough like Cassie that there was no doubt the boys already knew how pretty she was and she'd have no trouble filling her dance card. I thought back to my own days of junior high dances and knew the real problem would be finding a boy who could begin to keep up with her. From what I could remember the only thing I was good for back then was standing around with my hands in my pockets and waiting for that last slow song when one of the girls would drag me out to dance. When the final song was over Tiffany gave me a little hug as applause from the doorway made us both turn to look.

"Mom!" Tiffany said in the embarrassed voice of a teenage girl.

"What?" her mother asked smiling at us. "Who's your new friend?"

"This is Cassie's boyfriend Rick. He was helping me learn how to dance," Tiffany explained.

"It looked like you were teaching him from what I saw," her mother said.

"She sure was," I agreed. "When school starts again she's going to blow them away at the first dance." I'm not sure which of them smiled wider at that.

"Do we have time for more mom?" she asked.

"You have your therapy early in the morning sweetheart. I was expecting to find you in bed already," she said.

"Okay," she said accepting the bad news with a maturity beyond her years. "Thank you for dancing with me Rick."

"You're welcome," I said then something possessed me to kiss her hand making her smile even wider. "The boys are going to be lined up waiting to dance with you but it will be hard finding one who can keep up."

"I'll be back in a minute Tiff, I'm going to help him find Cassie," her mother said.

"I hope you didn't mind," I said as she shut the door behind us.

"It was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen," she said. "After her accident..." she said in a voice that cracked and couldn't continue.

"It was Cassie's idea," I said to fill the silence.

"There are a lot of great nurses in this hospital, but there's only one Cassie. I didn't think there was a man in the world good enough for her, but maybe I was wrong," she said eyeing me in appraisal. "I hope you realize how lucky you are to have a woman like her. And if you ever hurt her..." she said leaving the rest unsaid.

"You wouldn't believe how often I get that," I said making her laugh as we walked. When we found Cassie she rushed over to give Cassie a hug.

"How did it go?" Cassie asked with a beautiful smile.

"It was wonderful," Tiffany's mother said. "I can't thank both of you enough. There were times when I thought I'd never see her smile like that again."

"It was well worth it then," I said as she gave me my own parting hug.

"I need to get back to Tiffany. Thanks again Cassie for everything you've done for us. If I don't see you again before you leave on your trip next week have a good time," she said before leaving to say goodnight to her daughter.

"Thank you so much for doing that," Cassie said turning towards me. "It was something she needed."

"It was my pleasure. I'm glad you brought me here," I said. "It reminded me of everything I love about you and made me feel good about myself at the same time."

"We can leave now if you want," she offered.

"When do you usually leave?" I asked even though I knew the answer.

"Not for another hour at least," she said.

"I'm in no rush," I said and she gave me a soft kiss in the hallway before leading me off to meet some more of her little friends.

Some of the youngest kids were already gone to bed but Thursday night playtime with Cassie had become the don't miss event of the week for the rest of them. The playroom was full of kids who were eagerly awaiting her return. Some of them had finished pictures for her while she was gone and she accepted each one like a precious gift because to her they were. This wasn't a side of Cassie, it was the way she was all the time. Some of the parents were there that night and they smiled at my sweet Canadian girl almost as much as their children did. Cassie dove right in and started to draw a picture for one little girl in a wheelchair and I looked around feeling the pressure to keep these kids as happy as they were right now.

I spotted one boy with a Blue Jays hat that looked a few sizes too big on his bald head. Walking over I introduced myself as Cassie's boyfriend Rick and he looked up at me like he was seeing a real life super hero. It was one of the perks of being associated with her at the hospital. He told me his name was Jeffery as I shook his hand and sat down next to him. I didn't know what else to do so I started talking about baseball with him because that came naturally. He loved the Blue Jays and his parents were taking him to see a game in Toronto when he got better. I told him my team was the Dodgers but the Jays were good too and they both had the same colors, blue and white. Sometimes he got to stay up late to see teams like the Dodgers play but he normally went to bed before the game ended. The Jays were the perfect team for him to follow with most of their games staring around four Pacific Time. When his parents came to take him back to bed he asked me come back to watch a Jays game with him some day. I promised I would, knowing I'd enjoy it as much as him.

Looking around the room for a kid I could help I saw one little girl staring at her blank sheet of paper with a sad face. I walked over to ask her name and she said it was Melissa. She was sad because she couldn't think of anything to draw for Cassie and time was running out so I sat down to help. When I suggested a picture of Cassie she said everyone did pictures of nurse Cassie and she wanted something different. I told her how Cassie was really good at snowboarding and said we could do a picture of that instead. We drew Cassie coming down the hill with her red helmet and two blonde braids hanging out the back. There was lots of empty space so we added some trees and a bunny watching her go by. Then we added in ourselves and I laughed when Melissa came up with the idea of having me fall down all on her own. When it was all done I told her it was the best picture I'd seen all night and just like that I'd made a kid's day for the third time that evening. We played a game of snakes and ladders before it was time to go and I tried my best to let her win but she kept laughing when I miscounted my rolls until finally she took over moving for both of us. The picture made Cassie laugh and she gave Melissa a big hug before we took her back to her room to say goodnight.

"The kids loved you," Cassie said happily as we walked to the car holding hands.

"Only because they knew I was yours," I said smiling at her.

"You're not mine yet but this time tomorrow you will be," she said squeezing my hand as we approached the car.

"I was yours the day I met you," I said. "I'm just happy you decided to keep me."

"You've got me so turned on right now," she said biting her lip regretfully. It looked like she wanted me to take her right there in the parking lot.

"Now you know how I feel all the time when I'm around you," I said making her laugh as we got in the car.

On the drive home she kept her hands to herself, which was strange. Normally when she was horny she'd be all over me to the point that I was worrying about having an accident in my pants or worse yet an actual car accident. I looked towards her at a red light and she smiled. The desire was clear in her eyes but she seemed content to save it for when we got home. Cassie had a healthy appetite for sex and I was always hungry for more so we rarely went more than a night or two without screwing our brains out. All week we'd been making love every chance we got but I was still looking forward to tonight. As soon as we got home I lifted her into my arms ready to take her to our bedroom.

"Stop," she said giggling into my kiss. She probably needed to pee before bed.

"I'll be waiting for you," I said setting her down outside the bathroom door.

"No not tonight. It's bad luck to be together on your wedding night," she said.

"Sweetie there's no way I'll get any sleep tonight in a condition like this," I said. I could feel my cock throbbing in my pants as I spoke.

"You're not staying here tonight. I booked you a hotel room for the night," she said.

"What are you talking about?" I said laughing.

"It's tradition," she said. "We're skipping enough things as it is but we'll keep the ones we can. Get everything you need and I'll write down the hotel information for you."

"Cassie I don't want to spend the night without you. Alone..." I said but I couldn't make any more words come. Just the thought of it took me back to those long months apart as we were finishing school and made me shudder.

"After tonight we'll be together forever my love," she said kissing me.

"I'll miss you," I said hugging her in my arms. She stepped back before temptation could get the better of her and waited in the living room as I packed an overnight bag.

"Let me see. I want to make sure you have everything," she said when I came out ready to leave. I laughed but she still looked anyway. She followed me to the door and hugged me silently until she started to sob. The feeling of her in my arms was too good to let go of. We stood together for what seemed like hours just holding each other. Finally she loosened her grasp on me and stepped back with red puffy eyes.

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow then," I said making her laugh through the tears.

"I love you so much Dickie," she said giving me a goodnight kiss.

"I love you too sweetie," I said. As I closed the door behind me, I knew the next time I saw her she'd be wearing her wedding dress.

My hands were trembling on the steering wheel as I drove to the hotel. I couldn't believe our wedding was mere hours away now and was filled with excitement. An engagement of less than a week seemed like a short time to plan a wedding we'd never forget, but a part of me had been preparing for this day the moment I asked her to share a ride on a ski lift with me. To call that lift ride the ride of my life would have been a huge understatement. Since that day our life together had moved so fast that it was easy to convince myself a different man got off at the top of that lift though in truth it took her a little longer than that to turn me into a man I could be proud of.

The first thing I did at the hotel was book their best room for the following night. The clerk at the front desk gave me strange look but I couldn't have cared less. In my room, I left the TV off as I sat down to plan the following morning. Our wedding was going to take place sometime after one tomorrow afternoon depending on how many other couples were there. Cassie had an appointment at the beauty salon in morning at ten. A lot of her friends went to the same salon to get their hair done so she'd booked it telling them it was for our trip the following week to protect our secret. Afterwards she'd be going straight home to put her wedding dress on. It would give me time to sneak home, leave her a few last minute surprises, and to pack her an overnight bag for a hotel stay she didn't know was coming. I didn't think I'd be able to get to sleep that night but with a busy morning ahead of me and satisfied with my plans I slept as well as I could without Cassie in the bed with me.

I woke up the following morning with an uncontrollable smile on my face. It was August 27th, a beautiful Friday morning and a day I'll remember forever as the day Cassandra Helene Dumont became my wife. From the moment I opened my eyes I felt butterflies in my stomach because I was exceedingly anxious to see her in her dress. I had tried to let her back out of the hastily planned wedding so we could include our families in the celebration but now that the day was here I was glad she decided to go ahead with it. There was still some regret over not being able to share it with the people we loved but like anything else I compared to my love for Cassie it seemed insignificant. Someday we'd have ceremony that we could invite everyone to be a part of, today was our day.

After a quick shower I got dressed but didn't bother to shave yet. My first trip was to a nearby shopping mall where the stores had just started to open for the morning. Cassie had told me she wanted to keep what traditions we could and that's what brought me there that day. I looked more than a little lecherous standing outside a lingerie store anxiously waiting for them to open but I didn't let it bother me. Inside there was only one thing I was looking for and with some help from the sales lady I found a blue garter in no time. That took care of her garter and something blue at the same time. I needed something old and something new yet and hoped there was something she could borrow from Lei's room at home.

For something new I found myself back at the jewelry stores but nothing seemed right. Part of me was wishing I had saved the necklace for her something new, but that was in place of a proper engagement right, at least for now. I was feeling a little dejected and panicked with time running out until I passed a fragrance store with a big sign advertising a new product line that had just launched that week. The saleslady saw me looking at the perfume helplessly and came over to tell me it was okay to smell them before buying one. I explained I wanted to get one of the new ones and she helped me pick it out. Spraying it for me and letting me smell them I went though a few until I found the perfect one for Cassie. It was the kind of light scent she preferred and I knew she'd love it. It came in a gift box and the bottle had a tag with the year on it with a little story about the new company that made it.

Next I needed something old and I knew just the place. There was an antique store downtown that Cassie always mentioned when we drove past it. She said she'd only gone in to look around once and most things were expensive but I had already promised she could pick out a few things for our house once we had one. I wasn't looking for furniture today though, I explained what I needed to the man behind the counter and he had lots of things to show me. People often visited his store looking for something old for a bride on her wedding day. He showed me an assortment of jewelry but nothing caught my eye. There was an enameled jewelry box with a mirror under the lid that played music when you wound it. I told him I'd take it when the music instantly brought a vision of Cassie's smiling face to my mind but still needed something she could wear today. We looked around some more until I spotted some hairpins and combs. He told me they were from the early 1900s so they were certainly old enough. I was sure she'd like any of them, but didn't know which type she might want to use in her hair today so I bought several hoping one of them would be good.

It was just after ten now so I hurried home after a quick stop for fresh flowers and a card. I left my surprises in our bedroom where I knew she'd find them and took my time writing a note on the card for her. When I was done I knew it would make her cry but in the good way she liked. Just before leaving I packed her an overnight bag with her work clothes so we could go back to the hotel after getting our pictures taken.

After our apartment I had two more stops before I went back to the hotel to get ready. First I went to hire a limousine to pick her up at home. I wanted them waiting for her at our building by noon to take her to city hall so she wouldn't have to drive herself in her wedding dress. They'd be waiting to take us for pictures afterwards and to the hotel again from there so I'd take a cab from the hotel to city hall and leave my car where it was. My final stop was at one of Cassie's favorite restaurants when I made arrangements to have them deliver dinner for us to the hotel later. Satisfied that I'd done what I could to make it a day special for Cassie I went to get ready.

Shaving carefully with a fresh razor until my face was completely smooth I took another shower and relaxed on the bed with a towel around my waist. It was almost noon now and Cassie should be at home right now getting ready to marry me. Just imagining her putting her dress on with a beautiful smile made my heart thump in my chest. I felt myself getting choked up as I thought of marrying her in mere hours now. My tuxedo fit perfectly and I couldn't resist practicing a terrible James Bond impression in the mirror after putting it on. It made me smile and relaxed my racing heart. Fixing my white flower that matched her bouquet on my lapel I took a deep breath and headed down to meet my cab.

The ride to city hall from hotel was a short one. It gave me some time to think though and of course Cassie filled my mind. Was she already there anxiously awaiting me? Could anything possibly go wrong? When that question ran though my mind I nearly threw up. Her parents knew she was off today and could conceivably show up at our apartment unannounced. Closing my eyes, I forced myself to focus on a vision of her beautiful smiling face and drew serenity from it. Cassie had already promised me nothing could stop her from marrying me today and I knew nothing could make her break her word to me. If her parents showed up unexpectedly it meant that we'd have some wedding guests after all.

I paid for my ride and stepped out of the cab scanning the area for sight of the limousine. My bride wasn't there yet so I waited near the bottom of the steps for her arrival. I'd made sure to be there early but every minute that ticked by made me more nervous. The thought of something interfering with this day made me a draw a deep calming breath. I promised Cassie the best wedding I could give her but some things were out of my control. Finally I saw a limousine approaching and subconsciously touched my hair wondering if the light breeze had somehow disturbed what I had meticulously combed for her.

It pulled up right in front of me and suddenly I wondered if maybe I wasn't supposed to see her yet. I couldn't see through the tinted windows which gave her a chance to give the driver instructions if she chose. He got out and came around to open the door though. Giving me a slight nod before opening the door and offering her a hand to help her out of the car. I couldn't wait any longer and stepped in to offer my hand as well and she grabbed mine with a crushing grip in both of hers as she climbed out and into my arms.

"Oh Cassie," I breathed as dizziness washed over me at the sight of her. Her mouth opened and but no words would come as she let me hold her in my arms. Cassie never looked less than beautiful but she was angelic that afternoon in her pure white wedding dress. Her honey blonde hair was curled perfectly as it tumbled down past her bare slender shoulders. On one side she had it pinned back with some of the pins I'd bought her and a white flower to match the one on my tuxedo was tucked in behind her ear. My hands brushed the skin of her back and I knew that the dress was open-backed now. She smiled widely at me her face looking so pure and innocent in its natural beauty. The dress itself was cut in a straight line across her chest displaying the slightest hint of cleavage below her dangling necklace. Twin straps ran up from there to disappear beneath her shimmering hair to fasten somewhere behind her neck. Looking down I saw the hem ended just above a pair of white shoes that made her feet look tiny. "You're the most beautiful woman in the world on any day but today you've outdone yourself. I love you Cassie, I love you so much."

1...456789