All Comments on 'Myra Slips Up?'

by demander

Sort by:
  • 54 Comments
Karl_HundassonKarl_Hundasson3 months ago

A fine story with a good ending.

GarySmith69GarySmith693 months ago

Yes it must have been difficult for Myra. She still could slip. But let's take the writer at his word. Its interesting that Myra didn't cheat on Ronnie, but I have to admit if my wife told me at some point she might slip amd she has an itch that needs scratching I would be concerned and yes trust issues would certainly be a problem.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit3 months ago

They’re all human. Attraction and desire are always there, it’s about the decisions we make.. I disagree with @GarySmith69: cheating doesn’t begin with sex. She deceived Ronnie before his trip, and planned sex before she dressed for Cock. It’s the intent to deceive and the decision to follow through. For his part, Ronnie tolerated a lot before ‘proposals night’. He should have had a prenup; then a brutal prostnup after her close call; and should have threatened divorce when she fired Blaise - she obviously wanted to hide things from Ronnie.

Nasty56Nasty563 months ago

I guess you need to go further with this. Intense story that needs a conclusion on the 3 MC relationships.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Jerry? Terry?

Paramedman1Paramedman13 months ago

Shit, just Google the spelling of Scottish cities. So sloppy

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Liked the story! Were you referring to the capital of Scotland in your narrative? If so the spelling is all wrong. Just a nit pic for my Scottish friends...

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

How can a guy trust a woman like that? She's a grown up who cant control her urges, she's not in control of her own actions. That's scary. She's literally out of control. He'll have to keep an eye on her for the rest of his life. It'll be a harrowing, exhausting, anxiety-inducing existence.

I assume psychopathic killers and rapists feel commensurate impulses they cant control.

Cool story.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A very good story, though Ronnie has a lot more patience than I would have. I always like the themes explored by the author, but this one had something more than his usual, and that is a slow and deliberate character development. I felt at the end like I got to know how Myra's mind works. The relationship is untenable in the long run, as she will doubtless stray at some point, either knowingly or by surprise. Ronnie is stuck as he has the three kids to think about. This is always a luxury for women in our society: If things don't work out, they get the kids to live with them, even if they're the ones causing the split. Ronnie has to play it carefully but remain vigilant ad nauseam. Cochran is lucky to have found a woman who'd accept their marriage being open, so Myra made the wrong decision when she didn't choose him (Cock), as they'd both be happy being able to share openly. I gave four stars, because it can even be better.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Not too sure if you should follow up on this, but it's your story and what the hell would I know.

MountainMan1336MountainMan13363 months ago

Not a bad story, I gave it 4 stars. But if I were Ronnie, I would go down to the BDSM shop and buy Myra a chastity belt and lock it on her every time she went on a book tour. Yes, I realize Myra is but human and a woman, but we all know wives' cheat. They can't help it; Cheating is in the female DNA.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I was gonna read it until I noticed it was written by Demander. At that point I knew it would be another DUD.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

All your husbands are such sissy wimps. You must really hate men, or you've just never met any with backbone and character.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

That just didn’t work. “After the kids were down for the night, Ronnie said, "Myra, are we going to have problems with this tour?"”

.

“Myra knew what he was asking. She said, "Maybe. To be honest, maybe. Oh, Ronnie, I feel weak."”

.

I guess too many of these plots REQUIRE terminally stupid people……..

.

Not one of your better offerings…but thanks as always for submitting your work!

.

3 ***

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Meh, kind of dry. And, it's Edinburgh, not Edinberg.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Lol, he was the second choice from the beginning. He was safe and she would have kept banging anything she wanted. Unrealistic portrayal. She was not capable of monogamy. Ronnie was dumb to anything but bang her for fun, does not matter how pretty she is. Show me a beautiful woman and I will show you someone tired 9f her.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Last two pages were great. She loved him enough to remain faithful. Too much sex in the first part. Leave that out and it would have been 5*.

MwestohioMwestohio3 months ago

Generally good story but lots of details missed. Spelling and name change mentioned earlier, vegans don't eat pizza but vegetarians do. US Navy seamen can't have beards

BigBlueKatBigBlueKat3 months ago

Too much sharing early in the story and not many likable characters. 3*

Karn9Karn93 months ago

A good story overall, just too much fluff in the beginning. 4*

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc3 months ago

Entertaining read, definitely would like to see the "rest of the story" as you teased. With all the "unknowns" presented to Ronnie, no way he would have ventured down the path he did with out a serious prenup. Maybe a postnup is in the cards for the sequeL? LOL! 4.3*

opheliusophelius3 months ago

Long, meandering and mostly boring.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy3 months ago

Maybe she finally grew up!

5

Tls2753aTls2753a3 months ago

Rather rambling, but the characters were well developed. You almost lost me, but I’m glad that I stuck with it.

ibuguseribuguser3 months ago

I really like your story telling style. This was a complex one.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Db4554Db45543 months ago

Very skillful handling of a set of complicated relationships. Intense romantic and sexual relationships are often extremely messy, and they’re on full display in this well-crafted story. Maybe you have to have been in circumstances similar to those described, as I have, to fully appreciate what the author has delivered to us here, but it’s truly excellent work despite a few technical errors. 5 stars all the way!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

She was a few pounds of explosives, waiting for a chemical reaction.

lAnatomistelAnatomiste3 months ago

Wasthissupposedtobeastory?

Well, it wasn't one.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

tepid story - too much description not enough dialogue - not up to your standard

Xzy89c1Xzy89c13 months ago

Ronnie was om sharing her for years. Why would she stop? Naive to think, and poorly written to say she did not cheat again. She was not capable of being faithful. What kind of man is ok with her spending time with another and then coming back to him?

BSreaderBSreader3 months ago
Usually

Your stories are better than this, for some reason I just get into it. Sorry.

Barkinbeast2010Barkinbeast20103 months ago

Not really a marriage I’d think of having, nor many others too, were your just sitting around waiting to see if your wife’s going to give in and cheat or not. There’s a lot to say for some peace of mind in your marriage.

Couldn’t figure why after the almost cheat with ‘her Dick’ a thing she’d planned out and would have proceeded with if not for his intervention he went along with having another child with her.

Guess some guys are just really that dumb

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Just like always, 10 stars! Myra is a whore, and Ronnie shouldn't trust her. He should get the kids DNA tested. If he wouldn't have had that song played (Grapevine), she'd have had Cochran's dick peeing in her, and maybe in her fertile pissy. The only thing now, he has 3 little kids. Please write another chapter, maybe she'll get offed i a car wreck, and Ronnie can find a real wife!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Hated all the . Bad characters = bad story. One star.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I have no idea why they married. She was a slut. She could have kids and remain single. He could have screwed her regardless if she married cock. Also with their wealth he could hire a pi for when she traveled and even tell her she is under 24 hour watch. .

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Should do a DNA test on the kids. Can't imagine why MC would stay, but he should probably have wifey in a chastity belt 24/7.

vitochivitochi3 months ago

Good attempt at a near miss. Characters are pretty well developed stereotypes. Always makes me cringe when authors make the tall guy, muscular, athletic, brash and hung. The good guy is always average physically, stable, intelligent and perhaps into running or martial arts for fitness.

Got a little confusing in the beginning when Jerry became Terry. Also, Myra makes a character named Mary then Cock has a gf named Mary and sometimes the dialog may have been mixed up when they were in London.

SarahwithloveSarahwithlove3 months ago

You wrote this story like you were out of breath, and it was the perfect form for the characters in this story as well as their lives, loves, thoughts, and careers. I felt a special "pull" as if I had become linked and drawn forward by your words. When the end came all too soon, I was breathless.

Happily_Married87Happily_Married873 months ago

Great story really enjoyed reading it one of your best in my opinion.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos3 months ago

I feel like this story just slightly missed the mark because the way you wrote Myra, it appears that there is something really wrong with her decision making process. Not the wanting to have strange dick part, I mean, that's just how some people are, but the balancing of that against the marriage and her children. It's like, you never get the sense that Myra actually values the marriage or her family that much. She certainly doesn't make a point of it, nor does she seem to actually be conflicted on an emotional level about hurting her husband and children. It's more like, "Well, I like being married so I guess I should try really hard not to be a skank." I don't think that kind of attitude actually keeps people from cheating, it's more like, "If I do this, I'll destroy my husband/wife and our family and torture my children with a broken family until they are adults." Basically, I think it's not concern for oneself, but empathy for other people that keeps someone from straying.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Textured, nuanced and brilliant. Felt like possible real life, teal

Live rather than the usual LW tropathons.

Weakness exposed snd dealt with, however imperfectly, but enough. Well done. More please.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I made it to the end of this in the hope of finding one character to respect, admire, or even just like. Didn't happen.

DeanofMeanDeanofMean3 months ago

Well written fun read, some out of the ordinary characters. Some surprises your world is populated with some realism, you were never sure if anyone was a protagonist or an antagonist. That is a nice move away from the predictability so many stories do seem to have started out disliking Myra but ended up rooting for her not to mess up her life well done

Bullrider14Bullrider143 months ago

Awesome story really thought there was gonna be a confrontation between Ronnie and Cochran since Ronnie was learning how to fight. I really liked it

Rw43Rw433 months ago

"She never asked Ronnie for a hall pass. She never gave in, either."

"Another upset."

<>

And yet you found a story there.

<>

Congratulations for your courage and willingness to be the Alternative.

danbo56danbo563 months ago

Demander, you have left a trail of further stories here I think but this story is great I enjoyed it 5 stars waiting for your next

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Demander, you’ve done a great job of writing a very interesting LW story without having to burn a bitch , have some cheating wife end up in a Mexican whore house or end up in jail. Who knew it could be done? Thanks for the time and effort. KS

oldmanbill69oldmanbill693 months ago

Not enuff money or Pi's to keep her in check.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

3 Stars as i bet she had a few trains on tour to take are of her itch

AnonymousAnonymous16 days ago

Portraiting women as mindless creatures, unable to contain an "itch" is quite sexist and shallow

RocketMan12RocketMan1214 days ago

A long story with flat ending

ForensicFossilForensicFossil14 days ago

Liked it

The people were real to me. The female main character had agency and soldiered through her temptations.

ncdeepdiverncdeepdiver1 day ago

I was very happy with the ending!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous