All Comments on 'New England Triad Ch. 03'

by Peter_Cleveland

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
tennesseeredtennesseeredover 2 years ago

This is coming along nicely. Ann's lack of jealousy is hard for me to believe but I'm sure there are people built that way. I'm also surprised, but not as much, by Stephen's willingness to continue having sex with Beth even though he knows Ann doesn't like it. Is he getting back at Ann for her affair five years ago? Has Stephen considered that Ann and Beth might prefer each other over him? He could become the odd man out. I knew a man who lost his wife to another woman. It devastated him. He didn't take her back after her lesbian dalliance played itself out. The writing continues to be good; crisp and lyrical.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What a delight, complex and different. I hope you are writing more, either new chapters or stories. It made me think about The Cloud of Unknnowing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Small quibble. No English professor would use the term "True fact." Facts, by definition are true.

legsfeettoeslegsfeettoesover 2 years ago

Five stars. I wish my wife were an "Ann". We have lots of toothbrushes unused and ready to be used. But, unfortunately (at least from my perspective), there are other things that are ready but unused. Stephen is doing much better than I am. Looking forward to reading more.

ScottishTexanScottishTexanabout 2 years ago

I was all set to give you a perfect score on this one. I saw the three-way coming from a mile away.

And then when I least expected it, you wrote this:

They were still sipping wine. To my surprise, they were also sharing a joint. Where had that come from? Did Beth bring it? I accepted the offered toke.

TOTALLY RUINED BOTH MY MOOD AND THE STORY! 😠

I was okay with the previous time you had mentioned narcotics abuse because it was primarily his dad and was in the far past. Nothing about it in the present until this. I might read one more chapter, but I'll set the standard before I do. You're getting a 1/5 here. Any further drug abuse by the major characters will result in the same. I’m not going to have a favorable response and will not be following anything from your pen if you persist on this path.

HiFrancHiFrancover 1 year ago

In answer to Beth’s question, I can think of a movie where such an arrangement has a happy ending (but that’s a spoiler):

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8493776/?ref_=kw_li_tt

Peter_ClevelandPeter_Clevelandover 1 year agoAuthor

Readers:

(Possible spoiler follows.)

The passage to which HiFranc refers is this: "'You're the English professor. Name me one novel, play, movie, or TV show where a romantic threesome gets along just fine, has great sex, and everyone lives happily ever after. '"

The link HiFranc provides, to the Internet Movie Database, is legitimate.

HiFrancHiFrancover 1 year ago

Thank you for the verification.

It’s the only film (that I’ve seen) with 3 people in a relationship that I enjoyed.

I think the trailer gives away too many of the twists. I recognised one of the scenes in it from quite late in the movie.

Rapier875Rapier875over 1 year ago

That was good - very, VERY good.........!

KlitomaticKlitomatic3 months ago

Very good, very real, at least in my experience. Oh, ignore people who try to bully you into their perspective.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPeter_Cleveland@Peter_Cleveland
A new story is nearing completion. It should be up and running by the end of October, 2023. (It's not a Halloween story, though.) The series "New Corporate Courtesan" is still in progress, but the Muse seems to have lost a bit of interest in it--only temporarily, I hope. Tha...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES