Nick's New Job

Story Info
After COVID ruined his life, Nick rebuilds and falls in love.
24.8k words
4.78
28.2k
45

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 07/30/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

CHAPTER 1

Nick was bored. Worse yet, he had nothing going on. He lost his job due to Covid, he had no girlfriend, he was a clichè living in his friend's basement.

Before the virus, Nick was in charge of the security at a hospital. He made decent money for the hours he worked. Since he didn't have anyone in his life he invested most of what he made, in a friend's company as a silent partner. Now that he was jobless and homeless, he was living in that friend's basement.

"Nick, do you need anything from the store?" Matt asked.

"I'm good, I can't afford to splurge right now." Nick responded.

"I didn't ask if you had any money, I asked if you needed anything: toothpaste, deodorant, soap, detergent... you know, essentials."

"Actually, I could use all of that stuff." Nick quietly said.

"Well, why don't you grab your coat and we will go to the store. Don't worry about money, bud. You were there for me in a big way when I opened my store, I'm just paying you back. So stop feeling sorry for yourself and come on!" Matt decreed.

"Ok." Nick nodded.

As they drove to the store, Nick sat quietly looking out the window, thinking of how life used to be before this stupid virus destroyed social gatherings, and his old way of life. Nick could never depend on anyone, for anything. If he couldn't do something, he found another way around it. Unfortunately, when this virus hit Michigan, his hospital was hit pretty hard. They lost a few nurses and doctors to the virus, and then work started backing up. Everyone came to the hospital whether they were infected with COVID or some other, less dangerous disease. Nick's crew was dropping like flies, between catching the virus, or just quitting and leaving vacancies in his roster. After a month of not getting any new people in, and everyone working doubles, Nick's boss decided on a new plan, one that didn't involve him.

So now he was living with Matt, doing odd jobs around the house so that Matt wouldn't complain about Nick being there. Matt has a second hand comic book and retro video game store. He was smart to open the store when he did, with everyone quarantined in their house, everyone needed something to do to distract them from boredom.

"Listen, I have a proposition for you," Matt stated, as he got on the expressway, "my parents are constantly hounding me to find time to relax and someone to share my life with. I like working though, no one tells me what to do with my own store. You are the closest thing to a partner that I have with this business, and I have no problem supporting you until you get back on your feet. But would you consider working part time at the store? I know it's not glamorous like your old job, but I need someone there that I can count on. What do you say? That way, I have more personal time, and if we split the workload."

Nick thought about the idea of working for Matt, and it wasn't like it was a tough job, the products sold themselves, he liked gaming, and he really enjoyed comic books as a kid.

"Yeah! That sounds like a great idea!" Nick said, finally.

"Sweet! We'll swing by the store and pick up an application pack."

"Application PACK?" Nick asked, "What's in this pack?"

"It's mostly just tax forms and pay options, obviously there's an application and some other information for you, nothing too crazy." Matt responded, nonchalantly.

"They entered the driveway of Walmart, and parked. As they walked into the store, they were greeted and reminded of wearing masks. Nick forgot his mask, he asked the clerk if they had any available. They did, but the only ones available were meant for girls. The clerk handed Nick a mask and he saw that there was a cartoon princess face on it, to make it look like the wearer had makeup on, with feminine lips. Knowing government policy about wearing masks in public places, he had no choice, and he reluctantly put it on.

"Hahaha, Hey Cinderella, let's go shopping!" Matt teased.

They walked down the aisles of the pharmacy selecting the things they needed. Nick noticed a girl on a bottle of shampoo, and lost himself for a moment fantasizing about her. He stared at the bottle longer than he should have, Matt was waiting for him at the end of the aisle.

"Let's go, princess. You can check the ingredients later, I'm on a schedule here." Matt said.

Nick was jolted out of his daze, and he quickly dropped the shampoo bottle and caught up with Matt. Nick chastised Matt for picking on him, promising to repay the favor.

They went on like this for a while. Nick stops to look at something only to be belittled and teased. Nothing that he could do would quell his embarrassment. Once they got out to Matt's car, Nick ripped the pink face mask off, vying to kick Matt's ass if he continued to poke fun. The drive to Matt's store was filled with more jabs at Nick's expense. Nick fired back anything he could think of to shut Matt up, but nothing seemed to work. As they pulled up in front of Hayday Games, and went inside, Nick noticed that all of the girls working here were dressed up like different superheroes or other cosplay costumes.

"You aren't going to make me dress up like superman are you?" Nick asked upon seeing the scantily clad women bouncing around the store.

"Oh, come on! It's part of the appeal, bud. Everyone dresses up in cosplay because it's fun, no one is forced to wear something that they are uncomfortable with. You and I are about the same size, you can use the costumes I wear. Just make sure to clean them after use." Matt said, as he walked toward his office in the back of the store.

CHAPTER 2

"Hi! I'm Kaylee, can I help you find anything?" A cute girl, dressed as Sailor Moon, asked as she approached Nick.

"Uh, I don't think so but, thank you! I'm here with Matt, he's trying to get me to work here." Nick replied.

"Oh... well then," She looked him up and down, "I hope you take the job. It would be nice to see you... all over this store." she said, seductively as she turned to walk away, making sure he was checking out her ass as she left.

Nick did check her out, and really liked what the fringe benefits could be that would accompany him working here. He wondered how slutty Kaylee would get... then he wondered if she had a boyfriend... then he wondered if she tasted as good as she looked. When Nick snapped out of his daze again, he decided that it would be a good idea for him to take the job. So he walked to the back to find Matt.

As he entered Matt's office, Matt smiled ear to ear, "What do you think? Do you like the store?"

"Yeah, business is looking good! I also see why you like spending so much time at work, Kaylee is a knock-out!" Nick said, almost licking his lips.

"Hmm? Kaylee? Oh, yeah I guess if you're into that sort of thing," Matt replied nonchalantly.

"What?!? You've got to be joking! That girl is smoking hot!" Nick bellowed, loud enough for people near Matt's office to hear it plainly, even though the door was mostly closed.

"Really dude, why don't you just invite the whole store into the conversation?!" Matt snapped, quietly as he shut his office door, "besides, she's not my type."

"So then..."

Matt continued, "If you want to get with her, that's on you. I don't care, really! Hell, I'll even set it up for you if you want, deal?"

"Fuck yeah!"

"Cool, one sec," Matt said, as he walked out of the office.

Matt went out onto the floor and found Kaylee. He talked to her for a second, she smiled, they talked some more, and then she shook her head, rejecting whatever he just said. Nick was worried.

Matt returned to the office, "There, princess! You'll meet her here after work, or you could just put on a uniform and work with her... you know... so you can get to know her," he teased.

Nick stood up, looking at his friend, "I thought she rejected me."

"Nope, she thinks you're cute, and she's VERY interested!" Matt said, leaning on the edge of his desk and folding his arms.

"So what did you say to make her shake her head like that?"

"Oh, that?" he scoffed, "I asked her if I should brag to you about her. She said she didn't want to start a relationship with anyone under false pretenses; so, I am sworn to secrecy. If you want to know about her, go talk to her, and/or go to work." Matt said, dismissively.

"Ok then, where is the uniform that I am supposed to wear?" Nick said, turning around at the door.

"Through that door," Matt pointed out the door to the back of the building, "That's the storeroom. Anything on the first rack is my size. Don't try any of the ones in the bin, those are dirty. Sorry, I sweat a lot."

Nick walked to the door Matt pointed to. As he opened it, the room beyond reminded him of a place that kids could go to play dress up. To the right of the door inside the room, there was a big box with costumes of all shapes and forms. When he looked to his immediate left, there was a rack of costumes. Most of them on the right end of the rack were ladies costumes, men's were on the left side, there was a tag on each costume, Nick read one, it said 'Batman'.

"I guess I'm playing a billionaire vigilante,'' Nick said, to himself.

As he changed, he noticed a vanity with different powders, tools, lights, and some wigs. They really get into this cosplay stuff at this place. He finished with the costume and tucked his hair under the mask, then checked himself or in the full length mirror behind the door.

"I guess this is what they're going for," he again said to no one.

He folded his street clothes up and put them in the garment bag that the costume came from. Once finished, he opened the door and walked back to Matt's office. Matt saw him enter, and let out a small, "...shit!"

Nick looked at the costume, "Did I do something wrong? I will change back if..."

"No, no," Matt started, "I was going to wear that tomorrow. It's ok though, I gotta get to the right side of that rack at some point."

"Wait, you wear the girl's costumes too?" Nick asked, a little frightened.

"At first, I didn't. Then some of the girls wanted to be Iron Man, or The Flash, or even Mario. I told them it was fine as long as it was in good taste. They wanted me to dress up too, but I told them that I didn't want to. Then, after ignoring me, they started bringing me costumes in my size. So now, to shut them up, I have to wear one once or twice a week. They picked them all out for me, so I really don't know what is there, I'm sure some of them were a joke, to see if I would wear something really strange," Matt said, with a grimace.

"You don't expect me to wear them too, do you?" Nick asked, stunned.

"I kinda added it to people's contract, since sales went up by 32% within a single quarter. Kaylee and Michelle bet me that sales would go way up, if they were allowed to dress in cosplay. I told them that I would add clauses to everyone's contract if sales went up by at least 25%. Kaylee said there should be an incentive to go further. I told them that if they hit 30% or more, they could pick out my costumes. The truth is, I never thought they would gain more than 20% to my then-current average. But when they showed up in skimpy little outfits, people started coming in, in droves! In two days, I smashed my old week-long sales record!

So now a couple times per week, They make me strut through my own store dressed as some sort of cosplay. I don't mind, I will laugh all the way to the bank, in my tutu and skirts. Besides, it seems that there are girls that want to dress up in masculine costumes. How can I allow that if I'm not willing to wear a feminine one?" Matt explained.

Nick threw his hands up and said, "Straight women have no problem kissing another woman either, that doesn't mean you and I will kiss!! Your logic is flawed!"

"I know bro, believe me, I know just what you are saying. But think about the fallout if I'm not open minded enough to accept everyone for who they are? Believe it or not, a big part of our sales are to the LGBTQ+ community. They will shut me down if I start discriminating against people."

"Matt, I dunno if this will work if I got to dress like a fairy out there," Nick pleaded.

"Well, think it over. You are Batman today, so no worries." Matt said with a smile.

"Yeah, no worries." Nick repeated, "None."

As he walked out onto the floor, Nick felt a touch uneasy at first. That was soon squashed due to the mask hiding his identity, making it hard for people to recognize him. He added the gravelly voice, and voilà, incognito. He chatted with some customers about different comic books, he even showed some kids a secret in Contra for the original Nintendo. They loved the help. Nick was truly in his element, and couldn't help but smile. He had always been more serious than anyone else growing up, but now he looked like a duck in water. He would hide in a stand of retro t-shirts, then pop out and yell, "I'M BATMAN!!" to unsuspecting customers. The staff loved it, and the guests were playing along. Before he knew it, it was quitting time, and everyone was being pushed out the door so the workers could go home.

"Dude! You were a fucking animal out there today!" Matt said with a big grin, "If you bring that to the store everyday, we're all going to be rich!"

"You're kidding right?" Nick couldn't believe his ears, "I didn't do anything out there, I just played around with customers and helped some kids pass a hard level on a video game. That wasn't work, that was just goofing off." Nick snorted.

"That's what this store needs! People were buying things, just because you were getting them involved. So this is your boss talking, I need you to goof off more!" Matt chuckled.

Nick then wondered why he was bitching so much. His boss is begging him to have fun. The only response that he should have said from the start was, "Yes sir."

Just then, a sweet voice from behind Nick, sounded a little peeved, "Hey, I thought you wanted to hang out after work. Why am I feeling so alone right now?

Nick spun around to see the hottest Sailor Moon he had ever seen. Kaylee's perfect ass was almost peeking out from under her skirt as she rested her shoulder on the door frame with her arms crossed.

"I-I uh, the boss was just..." Nick stammered.

"That's not like the Batman I worked with today. That guy was suave and sexy, what happened?" she teased.

"Ok you two, keep it under wraps! I don't need a sexual harassment suit popping up." Matt said, bringing the sexual tension back down to a dull roar.

The only thing that Nick heard was, 'blah blah blah HER ASS blah blah blah.'

Kaylee smiled and walked up to Nick, "Come with me, I want to show you something."

Nick blindly followed the sexy vixen into the storeroom. She walked up to Matt's personal rack and leafed through the costumes that hung there.

"Hmm, looks like he's finally about out of men's costumes." she said, looking to the right side of the rack. "You're going to have the privilege to either be a girly maid, Bo Peep, Black Widow, or... Wonder Woman. I don't think you would be able to look right as either of the last two, since those costumes are form fitting. Tomorrow, it looks like you are going to be my sissy maid."

"Uh, Come again?" Nick wasn't laughing.

"It's the rule here. Women can dress as male cosplay characters, as long as men do the same in reverse." Kaylee said, almost giddy.

"Can I at least wear a mask or something? I'm not trying to get a reputation here." Nick said, embarrassed.

"Hehe, you won't recognize yourself when I get done with you." Kaylee purred.

Nick didn't know what she had in store for him, but he was anxious to see. Even though he would be embarrassed tomorrow, he was hoping that tonight would be worth it.

Kaylee walked around grabbing things off of the desk, out of drawers, boxes, seemingly at random, but she was gathering everything that she needed to make Nick remember her forever.

"Grab that pink one there," she gestured toward the rack at the maid's dress that she picked out for him.

It was short. Knee length. But it had ruffles and bows made out of satin everywhere. It also had big poofy sleeves and a petticoat underneath the skirt. It reminded Nick of his cousin's Sweet 16 party that he was forced to go to as a kid; all of the girls there were wearing big beautiful dresses made just like this dress. He hit on so many girls that day, his cousin was about the only one that he didn't hit on. He wondered what his cousin's hot friends would think of him wearing this dress. He could only picture them all laughing at him, and calling him a loser. However, now it seemed to be different because a ridiculously hot girl wanted to dress him up in drag. It was a mix of emotions tearing him apart, not wanting to be labeled as a sissy, but not wanting to pass on anything good that might happen with this goddess either.

"You aren't doing this to just make fun of me are you?" Nick asked, finally.

"Well, at first a little," she began, as she leaned in toward him, "But only because I think guys that crossdress are fucking hot."

The last part, she whispered in his ear causing instant goosebumps across his entire body.

"So do you want to back out now?" She asked, pursing her lips in a mock pouting action.

"Hell no! My dad told me once, to never turn down a beautiful woman. That hasn't steered me wrong in over 20 years, why start today?" he gushed, basically admitting to being turned on by her antics.

"Mmm, we will have to see how far you are willing to go." she said, as she reached up and grabbed the back of his head to bring him in for a long kiss.

Nick was shocked, this girl was a freak, but she's hot enough that he didn't care who said anything about it, she was worth at least a test drive.

Kaylee broke the kiss and finished gathering what she needed from the storeroom, then proceeded back into the store. Nick was carrying the garment bag with the dress in it, behind her. They walked past Matt's office, he was on the phone with someone haggling the price of some really rare game or something, not paying attention to either of them. That was a good thing, because neither of them paid him any attention, either.

CHAPTER 3

Nick and Kaylee walked out to the parking lot. Kaylee hit a button on her keyless entry remote, when a car honked from the lot. As they got closer, Nick noticed the vehicle that had just honked. It was a 1979 Chevy Silverado, 3/4 ton, 4-door truck, decked out in hunter green, with chrome trim. Of course, that era of trucks needed roll bars, with lights on them to look right. He could see the finish was buffed to a mirror shine. Obviously she added some aftermarket stuff too, if there are remote door locks on this beauty. Someone takes good care of this truck!

"Very nice truck, your boyfriend's?" Nick prodded.

"Ha! As if a man could drive my truck..." she continued to mumble something else that Nick couldn't hear, but could only assume was a sexist comment, "Hang that up in the back seat, I don't need you sitting on it getting it all wrinkled."

So, he WAS going somewhere with her. He assumed that she was taking this to Matt's car and she would part ways, leaving him with blue balls. He opened the back door and hung his dress on the hook provided. He then smoothed the dress out and made sure it wouldn't get wrinkled on the drive.

"Aww, look at you! Even through that goofy Batman mask, your eyes are sparkling as you admire your new outfit, you must really like it!" she giggled.

Nick scoffed at her comment, "You told me to make sure it didn't get wrinkled, I don't know how easily this stuff wrinkles! So, I'm treating it like a wedding dress."

"Ooh, wedding dresses, simmer down! Geez, take me to bed first, I'm not that kind of girl!" Kaylee was having a lot of fun with this, and poor Nick couldn't do anything to counteract it.