Sort by:
  • 39 Comments
Kanga40Kanga40over 18 years ago
Not bad so far

Some similarity with Cageytee's follow on to the same story.

I see yours was sent in a day before his was posted - Boy-o-boy eight days to get it online is a disgrace when some other sites take minutes.

I hope this continuation of Capecodmercury's original is neater and more realistic in its ending.

Average-JoeAverage-Joeover 18 years ago
Good so far but I hate where you left it

I would also like to present an alternative opinion to those who say that submitting a story in short, choppy, chapters will get readers interested and build the suspense. I think its crap and it does nothing but hurt the story. I hope you at least submitted the next part(s) already.

If you insist on using chapters, I still think you ended this chapter in the wrong spot. Chapters should end them when a change in direction is coming or new info is about to be presented, not in the middle of the loving wives equivalent of an action scene. If you were going to have a reconciliation or reveal new info (i.e. that the husband really did cheat and therefore decides to give the wife a free pass), you picked the wrong spot to end the chapter. It should have been after the initial confrontation but before she could present whatever justifications and/or twists you use to allow a reconciliation. In TV lingo, you ended the episode where a commercial break should have been. If he carries on with his plan to divorce her, the break was totally unnecessary. Ending it when you've basically told us whats going to happen next serves no real purpose imo.

Anyway, I like the story so far and thanks for writing even if you caused me undue frustration :)

p.s. Barring any shocking revelations, I hope that he sticks with his guns and doesnt become another of the overly accommodating men we see so often in these stories. As others have mentioned, its getting so bad lately that I dont even know why the authors bother writing the men as getting mad or hurt since they just cave and forget about it in a day or two anyway.

cageyteecageyteeover 18 years ago
I'm enjoying this!

I'm really enjoying this thing capecodmercury has started and your submission is among my favorites. I'm anxiously waiting for the next chapter.

wetapapwetapapover 18 years ago
very good

start to your writing career, if this is truly your first story. I love Cageytee’s work, and loved his follow up to this story, but only as a stand alone. As I explained in my comments, I didn’t feel as though he held the personality and character of Marge as Capecodmercury had developed and presented her in his first part to the story. I think you have done an excellent job of recapturing her as Capecodmercury wrote her originally. Great beginning, can’t wait for the second part. A fan already.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Why the difference?

Why would anyone think it's easier to trace a video recording than an audio one? Seems an unnecessary point to make in the story. Add to that the funny part of the law that makes secret recording of oral communication a MORE serious crime than secret picture or video (without sound) recordings.

Possibly it could be that someone is going to say that what actually happened wasn't what it sounded like and if visual were included that would be apparent. In that case there are simpler reasons to use just sound.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Great

When will I learn to stop reading new submissions with a 01 after them. I hate having to wait for the next story. This was very good but I wish you would have completed it instead of breaking it up.

gizzmo301gizzmo301over 18 years ago
good

A good addition to this tell. I hope the next chapter will be soon

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
A worthy continuation

Well done. It was tense where it needed to be and had the detail necessary to paint the scene.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Excellent

This story has sure encouraged a lot of followups and frankly it is good. Your version of this is very entertaining. I look forward to the next chapter, but don't take too long as one gradually forgets who and what they were reading.

Risq_001Risq_001over 18 years ago
So far so good!

Have to say that so far right now it seems more likely a response than I've read so far.

I like that while the husband isn't going all teen age violence on everyone, he is thinking through everything he needs to do it seems pretty believable to me so far. So far so good.

Very nice!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
GREAT SO FAR

Well written and flowed well. I like the way the story is heading. Hope that he divorces the whore.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Comment on Video vs Audio

In many states, Minnesota for one, it is an invasion of privace to photograph or videotape a couple having consenting sex without their knowledge. Such videos, even those done by PI's have been inadmissable in court. Using a mirophone does not indicate the parties making the recording were even in the room. You can use sound amplification to get all the conversation, moans and groans or whatever, without putting anything in the offending parties room.

Supposedly, even the police need a search warrent to enter a room once it is rented out person or party. It is considered private property during the lentgh of their stay. I know this because I am involved with a convention that hosts about 2000 people every year. We can restrict what goes on in convention space and public spaces, but have no say on what goes on in someone's room. if it spills out into the hallway--sound, smelly smoke, etc, then the hotel can act.

Great story by the way. JimDinMN

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Video vs audio??

I had to read that bit again.

First time, and still now I thought having a lot of video from inside suites could point to help from the resort security chief and he was allowing only audio to protect himself.

Audio bugs are far easier to hide and he wouldn't necessarily know about them, but lot's of good video would possibly need some degree of inside help.

One theory, and may I say, a very good one!

By the way great story so far - please no wimping out for Donny boy.

GoodWifeyGoodWifeyover 18 years ago
To those complaining about the video thing

did you people actually read the story???

I've been trying to be a good quiet wifey for a while now, but shit people! It's there in the story in black & white (or whatever colours you have set on your computer!)

I quote from the story. Peta, Phil's wife speaking to Don says,

"Well, as it turned out the agency I hired is connected somehow to the head of security at the resort. The guy at the Resort used to work for the agency I think. Anyway my Private Detectives were given access to the rooms and suites but no cameras were allowed, only audio listening devices. Apparently it would be too easy to trace who it was that allowed cameras to be set up."

There is the writer's reason. What you think doesn't matter.

END OF ARGUMENT!!!

SHUT UP ABOUT IT!

READ THE STORY NEXT TIME!

I'm sick of those stories where there is 40 hours of cinema quality video of the cheaters screwing. It's a load of overdone crap, that scenario.

Thanks Foux for being a bit different.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Hello Welcome and Stay Awhile Please

You animal - you put the provided garb on and came out with significent talent and explanitive depth. I'm impressed with this first work of yours in a great theme.

Now close it out with the same fervor and plot path - then most everybody can go home happy!!!

Thanks for the time, talent and imagination Author - with high Regard

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Excellent Reading

Of the 2 or 3 alternative scenaios so far, this is the most likely, though not as “satisfying” as Dynamite Jack’s, whose alternative --- though also noted the theme that if a person cheats once and thinks he/she’s not yet caught, that it is then okay to just cheat once or twice more: “if he/she doesn’t know won’t hurt’em” --- was much more brutally confronted.

Of course, the ORIGINAL premise about teachers and educators forming a pack to have sexual boding in their school-paid-for suites,,, this was a bit far-fetched. Going to cheap motels, yes, but not in those paid-for suites.

And a whole bunch of teachers having giggling little mini-sessions as the rest are also there, talking about boring school stuff? A bit far-fetched, too. Teachers --- especially married and seasoned teachers who’ve put in years into their profession and their marriage, willing to engage in such groupies?

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Great so far

As of right now, this is the best continuation of the story. Please don't wimp out like Capecodmercury did in his finishing installment. Meg was the villian in the original, she remains so. Even if Don doesn't leave her for good, make her pay for her actions, like in reality, not a fairy tale. Good luck with the rest, and please finish YOUR story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
It's not clear where this is going.

so I'll reserve a final call on the story.

Is the spelling a fetish (Kinky!)? If not, you might want to look at an editor (concernded, watchded, attachded, marrieded).

There seemed to be some disconnects with the timeline from the original story, and it didn't seem realistic that he could drive, with a trailer, and get there by 11:00 pm when it was far enought that his wife had to fly!

The time-line going to the eleven o'clock meeting was hard to figure out: at 5:30 they decided an 11:00 meeting was necessary (I can be there at 11:00 TONIGHT. After that he arranged for a locksmith (and the guy changed the locks), cleaned out his wifes stuff (for an hour), arranged for and picked up the trailer, called the principal (at home?), drove like a bat out for hell for far enough that everyone else needed a plane, and got there, parked and was in the lobby at 10:45! Wow!

Well written for a first story (I'm assuming that!), but an editor could tighten things up.

Regards, Jack

Papabear49Papabear49over 18 years ago
I like this, so far

Thank you for your obvious effort.

I am surprised by some of the comments. Many of the questions are easily answered by reading the story, as rather bluntly proposed by a poster below.

I often look to Dynamite Jack's comments for more insight into a story, so his questions this time catch me by surprise.

The seemingly misspelled(?) words are explained when Don talks about Frank having 'that quirk in his speech pattern that was very distinct.' Words spelled that way are confined to when Frank is talking, so it seems clear enough to me, but I did read that part again, just in case.

As for the timing problem, I see none. Don tells us at one stage 'he would be able to leave quickly for the three hour trip to the State Capital'.

The locksmith and loading the trailer are explained too, the locks were changed while Don loaded the trailer.

As for getting the trailer, well I could be back here at my computer 10 or 15 minutes from now with a UHaul trailer on my car.

To get to the Capital by 10:45 he needed to leave home by 7:45 (3 hour trip). 5:30 Peta's phone call, Don makes his calls and gets home with the trailer by 6:30, has his 'hectic hour' packing the trailer while the locks are being changed up to 7:30. He still has time for a quick toilet break and to check that he hasn't forgotten something before leaving on his 3 hour drive.

Where I live it is a 50minute flight time to a capital city and around 2h45 to 3h15 drive, so I can see no problem with timing there.

Many employers, mine included, prefer to fly employees on such trips instead of having them drive. Less time is spent traveling and they feel it is safer overall for employee injury insurance to fly and not have employees drive themselves. Again, I see no problem.

Jack, please look again at the story after my attempted explaining and see if it makes more sense.

PS: Is there some way you can email me an assorted dozen of nice Northern Calif. wines?

MacDukeMacDukeover 18 years ago
Clairvoyant Mrs Grant

It seems to me that the point of writing a sequel is to pick up the characters as you find them and construct a clever plot to resolve the conflict.

Foux Pas has instead written Marge as a slut and has contrived a clairvoyant Mrs Grant to hire (on a teacher's salary) PI's who will lose their license, and their friends at the resort their jobs, to conform this story to "wife is righteously caught and punished". The gang of 8 will have a great lawsuit against the resort for invasion of privacy, and can laugh all the way to the bank. A given by capecodmercury is that is swinging scheme is undetectable, even to the absurdly clairvoyant Frank, who has no motive to tell Don when he could first try to blackmail Marge.

If you are going to make up your own characters, don't call this a sequel.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
HEY, MacDuke!

Well, I like the story.

And, did you know Mac? These days there are actually women who have an income independent of their husband. Shit man, some of 'em even earn more than their husbands do.

Now, I know it's not like that in your world, but there is a whole other reality beyond your naysayer view of humanity.

Capecod's original was left deliberately open, as he says at the end:

I tried to write as open ended a situation as I could come up with.

I hope that there is enough ambiguity in Meg's reaction and situation that people can come up with different conclusion on what she will do.

There is enough in the story to support a wide variety of endings from reconciliation to discovery revenge and retribution.

So, what was set in stone?

MacDuke, is there a story anywhere on the net you wrote a good word about?

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Mea Culpa

I apologize! I misread (read that read too fast!). Everything does fall in place nicely - thanks for Papabear49 for setting me straight! It was well written and a great first story. Look to seeing more from you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Where's the rest???

Any chance we'll see the rest of the story this month???

Foux PasFoux Pasover 18 years agoAuthor
Sorry

Part two of three was submitted a week ago to the site.

I am sorry if it isn't up yet, I thought it would be.

Foux Pas

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
I think I like your version

of the second part of the story more then the others (including the original author). I'm not sure where it's going but it seems more probable. Thank You. Ronnie W.

don87654don87654over 18 years ago
Intriguing....

Very low key behavior and even disgusting! God made us in 6 days and looked back and called everything He made as being "good". That includes that ability to fuck and even breed without regard to man-made dogmatic rules of behavior like this story proposes. These swingers have the capability to love and lust after each other just like God made for them to do. Anyone that is deviant from that intended behavior is SICK, SICK, SICK. I look forward to the rest of the story but it is not worthy of a higher score. Plus the writing needs serious editing over several exampled of misspelling and sentence structure.

writingdragonwritingdragonover 18 years ago
Hmmmm! Very good so far!

Outstanding character and plot set up and initial development. I have been waiting for the whole story to post before commenting. I'm hooked. Bravo!

As for poor Don below he didn't see that "D Jack" had already asked about the spelling. Or that it is purposely (At least it appears to be) contained in the speech patterns of only one Character. Gee the guy seems to have some sort of impediment that is clearly being illustrated by the author.

Author keep up the wonderful work.

KOLKOREKOLKOREabout 15 years ago
good follow up + entertaining comments!

Good follow up (no wimping so far...), PLUS a bunch of highly entertaining comments. The way I see it, it’s like a feature movie plus bonus entertainment on the side...<P>

You have the very substantial exchanges about the merit of video vs. audio and a comparison to other follow ups. But the first in amusement value goes with no doubt to the classic comment by Don. Don never tires from always trying -regardless of the story's content - to teach us about his very unique read of the bible, morality and sexual ethics... <P> We do have colorful readers in Lit!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Ending?

That's all there is? What happened next? Curious minds want to know. ;)

Tim413413Tim413413almost 10 years ago
I'm really enjoying this

Two more chapters. The confrontation shouldn't take long so where is the author going to take us? No RAAC. Please.

There's only one week of school remaining. Not the ideal time to have a teachers' convention.

ErotFanErotFanover 9 years ago
Best so far

This is the best written of the several follow up stories that I've read. So far. Glad I saved it for last.

Was pleased to see Frank Morrell come into the story. I thought his character was underused in the original.

Meg and Don's characters seem to have changed from those portrayed in the original without much development being provided. Especially Meg seems more flighty and much less introspective and family oriented. She seems more convinced and less forgiving of Don's supposed affairs.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I don't understand

I don't understand how someone can claim to love a spouse and then deliberately cheat. The hurt brought by the cheating is not something you can do to someone you love. There is also no way the typical cliches can be used such as it just happened, it didn't mean anything, my defenses were down, I couldn't stop myself, etc, etc. All of those are BS excuses to try to keep from being responsible for your own choices. And that is truly what it is, a choice made to cheat.

Don should drop her like a bad habit after her lies and deception. No remorse, but I'm sure there will be plenty of that when she gets caught.

I sure hope this isn't an RAAC where the offended person is somehow made to look like the bad guy.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Like

I like this one. I smell a lot of bitches and bastards burning. That's what I came here for.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Seriously 2*

He can't lock his wife out of the marital home. It is illegal. I stopped reading after that. Don't insult the readers intelligence.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Re: 04/04/19

Quote me the law please. He certainly can, it depends on whose name(s) are on the deed or lease where I'm from. If her's is she can still enter, if not... It's a STORY, as in not real. Signed: BTW

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

Again. Good one, but I wanted to see what happened when they opened the door.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Part one well done

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Having read the whole series parts one and two tease a good story, but it turns disgusting in part Three.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Lame! Why was he “hoping”. The marriage was over before she even went to bed with any of them. When she got close enough to other people that they thought she might be open to it, she betrayed her husband. When she considered their offer, she betrayed him. When she made her decision, she betrayed him. The EVIL is in the CHOICE, before the action ever happens!!!

ZK

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous