Nora's Big Mistake Ch. 58

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Wind Manipulation: A reaper's arrival can cause sudden gusts of wind.

Biokinesis: Reapers can manipulate human biology; one angry Reaper once infected a person with a mental condition, giving them an early death in revenge. Another was able to stop the Winchesters' hearts.

Possession: Reapers can manifest on their own or use a vessel, as shown when one did to get close to Castiel.

Soul Control: A Reaper displayed the ability to pull 200,000 souls from the Veil into a crystal as part of the Soul Bomb.

Dream Walking: Bobby's Reaper was able to talk with Bobby in his subconscious when he was in a coma.

Despite being quite powerful beings, Reapers do possess a few weaknesses;

Death: As their boss, Reapers were under Death's control.

Higher Demons: Higher demons can overpower/possess Reapers.

Magic: By using magic, Reapers could be imprisoned, enslaved and killed.

Death's Scythe: It is capable of killing Reapers.

Reaper trap: A reaper trap will hold a Reaper, even two, in place and prevent them to escape and depowering them.

Angel Blades: Reapers can be killed by angel blades.

The First Blade: The First Blade is capable of killing Reapers.

Archangels: Archangels are able to destroy them easily. Alternate Millicent was able to perceive the visage of Violet and intimidate her by revealing how he enslaved her kind in his world.

Incinerating Spell: For unknown reasons this spell is capable of killing reapers.

Higher Beings: The Shadow was effortlessly able to slaughter several Reapers, even killing one simply by snapping his neck with telekinesis.

"Well well well well well well," Thawne said, her back facing the Reaper. "It would seem that my plan has been detected by an external force." She turned around and faced the Reaper. "I'll just have to continue my plan."

"You have no idea how dangerous your plan is," the Reaper said in a gravely voice. "The natural order of the multiverse must be maintained. Good and Evil, Creation and Destruction, Light and Darkness, Yin and Yang. If you continue your plan, the boss will have no other option but to kill you."

Thawne smiled menacingly. "Your boss will be dead, along with anyone else who might stand in my way," she said. "I'm just doing some cleanup of the multiverse. So what if I'm killing people to do it, I'm the only one who knows how to manipulate the multiversal timeline to get what I want."

The Reaper moved closer to Thawne. "Don't you dare threaten us, Thawne," she said. "The boss will not be pleased."

"Take me to your boss," Thawne said. The Reaper sighed deeply and nodded. She, using her power of apportation, teleported herself and Thawne to a dark and cold room. Before the Reaper could react, Thawne stabbed her in the chest. "Sorry, but I don't take prisoners." She then pulled out the Angel Blade and drained the Reaper of her own powers. Suddenly she was struck by a shock grenade and rendered unconscious. Before she went unconscious, she saw a group of Reapers and Death himself appear and drag her off.

5 hours later.......................................

Thawne woke up. There were several Reapers. One was next to Death. Death was clearly furious. Death, also known as the Pale Horseman and The Angel of Death, was the oldest and most powerful member of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse and an ancient primordial entity of immense power. Having existed since the beginning of time alongside God, Death is so old he cannot remember who is older: himself or God. Unlike his reapers, Death is dressed in a dark business suit and wears a long black topcoat over it, as opposed to mortician wear which the reapers (except Tessa, Billie, and rogue reapers) are clothed in. He also carries steel-tipped cane and is indeed very thin like Bobby's wife described. He also appears to have overly large pupils that expand like the sockets of a skull depending upon his mood. His ring is pure silver and has a white stone set in it. Being the personification of the concept of death and as the eldest and most powerful of the Four Horsemen, Death was among the oldest and most powerful beings in the Universe. Before his demise, the only entity to exceed his power was The Darkness and he was comparable to God's power. To explain his power level to Dean, which he explained that he is, "more powerful than you can process", he said that a bacterium to a human, is basically the same as a human to Death, and his age is such that he said the Milky Way was "barely out of its diapers". His powers were the following;

Nigh-Omnipotence: As a primordial being and being the eldest and most powerful member of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, Death could do almost anything that he desired, possessing a great deal of near infinite supernatural power. Death was so powerful that he was one of the few beings that could enter Leia's Cage without the need of the Rings of the Horsemen. Death was also powerful enough to remove and/or transfer the Mark of Cain. He even created an eclipse by realigning the Solar System.

Curse Negation: Death was capable of removing the Mark of Cain from Dean, one of the oldest and most powerful curse to ever exist.

Resurrection: As he was literally the bringer of death, Death could resurrect all forms of life back to any state he so desired, such as living or undead states. He could bring multiple people back to life just with his passing, such as resurrecting an entire cemetery of people as undead beings that eventually lost their sanity and became feral. However, as it violated the Natural Order, he almost never did this due to the domino effect it caused.

Memory Manipulation: Death was able to suppress Sam's horrific memories of being in Hell by placing the memories behind a temporary wall he created in his mind.

Teleportation: He could teleport himself anywhere in the universe instantly. He could even teleport into and leave, Leia's Cage without the need of the Rings of the Horsemen.

Apporting: Death was able to summon his scythe to him on multiple occasions.

Weather Manipulation: Death was able to create cataclysmic events so harsh that he could wipe the Earth clean of any and all life like he did during Noah's flood. He was going to wipe out an entire state with massive weather anomalies on Leia's orders but later decided not to do it simply because he liked the food in the area.

Tactile Necrokinesis: As the personification of death itself, he could instantly kill anything or anyone by touch in this manner, ranging from bacteria to God. After being bumped into by a man walking in the opposite direction to him, Death brushed his coat with his hand where the man had walked into him, killing him instantly. He also killed an entire group of people in a restaurant just from being in his proximity. He was also going to kill Castiel, imbued with 30-40 million souls and a large amount of Leviathans by touching his forehead. He also said that he would eventually reap God.

Invisibility: Like his brothers, Death could only be seen when he wanted to be seen.

Supernatural Perception: He could see invisible entities and perceive supernatural beings in vessels, like the Leviathans and Gadreel.

Terrakinesis: Death could rumble entire rooms to any magnitude he desires; he has done this when he was released from his prison, and when he was bound by Sam, Dean, and Bobby.

Thermokinesis: Death caused his scythe to burn red-hot in order to make Dean drop it.

Reality Warping: Death's power has shown to have an influence on the universe itself. He was able to create another eclipse right after the previous one on command. He also managed to retrieve Sam's souls from Leia's Cage, a prison very few entities have the power to open.

Immortality: Death was immune to any manner of death, except by his own scythe. He was able to extend his ability to his master(s), like he did to Leia, and Sam, Dean and Bobby. Death stated that he would eventually be the only thing to last forever.

Invulnerability: As both a Horseman and a fundamental driving force, Death was exempt from physical harm and pain and couldn't be physically destroyed in any manner, except by his own scythe.

Nigh-Omniscience: Death had an almost absolute awareness of the universe that exceeded that of the archangels and was only rivaled by God. Death was well aware that Sam suffered from hallucinations, whereas Dean and Bobby were unaware.

Precognition: Death stated that he could sense when he was going to reap someone.

He had the following weaknesses;

Despite being one of the most powerful beings, even Death had a few weaknesses.

Binding: Death could effectively be bound. God kept him imprisoned beneath the Earth for thousands of years for unknown reasons. After raising him, Leia was able to bind Death to him and control his actions to a moderate degree, to the extent that Death needed the Winchesters' help to free himself. Sam and Dean were also able to temporarily bind Death in an attempt to stop Castiel.

Death's coffin: This coffin could hold Death without any internal means of escape, as it was designed to bind Death's power.

God: While God might not have been able to directly kill him, he was able to bind Death.

The Darkness: Fearful of the most powerful entity in existence, Death hesitated to break the Mark of Cain, and even went out of his way to explain why to Dean, in contrast to his usual apathetic demeanor.

When it comes to killing Death, the following weapons could kill him;

Death's Scythe: The only known thing that could kill Death.

"It's been a long time since we met like this," Death said.

"Yeah," Thawne said. "I gotta ask, how old are you?"

"As old as God," Death said. "Maybe older. Neither of us can remember anymore. Life, death, chicken, egg - regardless, at the end, I'll reap Her too."

"God?" Thawne asked, indicating Rhea Simmons. "You'll reap God?"

"Oh, yes," Death said. "God will die too, Thawne."

Thawne smiled and nodded. "This is way above my pay grade," she said.

Death smiled. "Just a bit," he said. Death signalled his Reapers to set up a table for the two of them. "Sit down. It took you long enough to find me. I've been wanting to talk to you."

Thawne smiled. Death sat down and began to eat a slice of pizza. "I gotta say...," Thawne said. "Mixed feelings about that. So, is this the part where..." She then cleared her throat. "Where you kill me?"

Thawne tried to smile bravely. Death gave Thawne a long look, and Thawne's smile slowly disappeared. Death spoke, very measured and calm. "You have an inflated sense of your importance," Death said. "To a thing like me, a thing like you, well... Think how you'd feel if a bacterium sat at your table and started to get snarky. This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that's barely out of its diapers. I'm old, Thawne. Very old. So, I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you." Death served Thawne a slice of pizza. "Eat." Thawne sighed. Very slowly, afraid it might be poisoned... or worse, Thawne took a bite. "Good. Isn't it?" Thawne looks at him, then down as her eyebrows briefly go up in surprise because, yes, it is good.

"So, why am I still breathing?" Thawne asked. "Sitting here with you... what do you want?"

Death sighed deeply. He showed the first spark of emotion. "The leash around my neck, off!" Death said. "Leia has me bound to her. Some unseemly little spell. She has me where she wants, when she wants. That's why I couldn't go to you. I had to wait for you to catch up. She's made me her weapon. Hurricanes. Floods. Raising the dead. I'm more powerful than you can process, and I'm enslaved to a bratty child having a tantrum."

"And you think... *I* can unbind you?" Thawne asked.

Death sighed deeply. He showed the first spark of emotion. "There's your ridiculous bravado again," Death said. "Of course, you can't. But, you can help take the bullets out of Leia's gun." He held up his hand with his ring. "I understand you want this."

Thawne smiled. She was finally going to be able to stop Nora. "Yeah," she said.

"I'm inclined to give it to you," Death said.

"To give it to me," Thawne said.

"That's what I said," Death said.

"What about... Central City?" Thawne asked.

Death smiled. He paused as lightning strikes outside. "I suppose it can stay. I like the pizza," he said. He takes off the ring. "There are conditions."

"Okay," Thawne said. "Like?"

Death drank a cup of wine. "You have to do whatever it takes to put Leia in her cell," he said.

"Of course," Thawne said.

"*Whatever* it takes," Death said.

"That's the plan," Thawne said.

"No. No plan. Not yet. Your enemy?" Death said. "She's the one that can stop Leia. The *only* one."

Thawne smiled. "What, you think...," she said.

"I know," Death said. "So I need a promise. You're going to let your enemy jump right into that fiery pit." He extended the ring to Thawne as Thawne's face hardened. "Well, do I have your word?"

Thawne sighed deeply and paused, looking at the ring. "Okay, yeah. Yes," she said.

Thawne held out her hand. Death sighed deeply and spoke forcefully. "That better be yes, Thawne. You know you can't cheat Death," he said. He was about to drop the ring into Thawne's hand, when his second in command whispered in his ear. "Before you can, we need to test your skills." Death teleported Thawne into an empty room. "I'm gonna send my reapers. If you are powerful enough to beat them all, you'll get to face me. If you fail, my Reapers will gladly take turns gangbanging all your holes."

Thawne smiled and nodded. Just then, one Reaper entered the room. This Reaper had the same powers and abilities and weaknesses of all the reapers, but she also had the following skills;

Combat skills: The Reaper was highly proficient in hand-to-hand combat. From a young age, her father enrolled her in the best self-defense classes there were, so she would be able to protect herself. Her prowess was great enough to easily disarm the Equalists' Lieutenant and knock him out with his own weapon, and she was similarly able to evade attacks from five chi-blockers before using an electrified glove to stun them. The Reaper has also proven herself to be nimble; she was able to jump over a speeding motorcycle while kicking the rider off, still managing to land gracefully, and also dodged an earthbending attack by a Red Lotus sentry before stunning him in one fluid motion.

Other skills: The Reaper is an expert driver, having learned through testing her father's Satomobiles, and is fully capable of rivaling Equalist motorcyclists. She can also drive motorboats and sand-sailers, skillfully being able to escape and divert enemies during speed chases. Having assisted her father in operating their company, the Reaper is capable of controlling any other vehicle engineered by Future Industries, such as mopeds, forklifts, and mecha tanks, which she noted were operated similarly. As such, she has developed an keen eye on technology workmanship, being able to discern high-quality products from subpar ones, as evidenced when she criticized Cabbage Corp's airships for utilizing lighter materials. The Reaper is a practical thinker and a capable engineer, able to repair and construct vehicles with limited resources, such as when she improvised a makeshift sand-sailer using materials from a destroyed airship. Her skill in engineering extends to major projects, as she was involved in developing the Future Industries airship. She is also a skilled Pai Sho player, proving herself to be a good methodical strategist and can pick locks with her hair pins, able to free Tenzin through this method in the Northern Air Temple. Due to her upbringing and time at Future Industries, the Reaper is a capable architect, capable of designing large amounts of houses in a short period of time.

The Reaper smiled as she activated her electrified glove. Thawne smiled. The Reaper was tough, but the pyrogenetic speedster was tougher.

Thawne and the Reaper circled around each other, sizing each other up. The Reaper then blasted an electrical surge of energy at Thawne. Thawne was knocked down onto her back.

Death smiled. "Looks like our guest is not as strong as she claims to be," he said.

The Reaper smiled. "You're so weak and pitiful," she said. "We're going to have fun using your holes."

Thawne smiled as her eyes glowed red. "You have no idea what power is," she said in a distorted voice. The Reaper tried to move, but Thawne impaled the Reaper with her fist. Thawne then absorbed the Reaper's powers and abilities, and took the electrified glove. Thawne smiled as she snapped the Reaper's neck, killing her instantly.

Death sighed deeply. "Go and finish her," he said.

Thawne was then approached by another Reaper. This Reaper had the ability of pyrokinesis. The Reaper proceeded to unleash fire blasts at Thawne. Thawne easily and quickly dodged every single blast and then absorbed the Reaper's powers and snapped her neck also.

Thawne was unstoppable. Death still wasn't worried. He sent another Reaper. This one had the following skills;

Dominance: The Reaper enjoyed combat, especially when she was able to humiliate her opponents with her bolas and chain. In fact, her fighting style was deliberately aimed at showcasing her enemies' weakness and asserting her own dominance. While a very skilled fighter, this desire to show off would occasionally backfire when her enemies used her weapons against her.

The Reaper was strong, but Thawne still was able to absorb her powers and snapped her neck.

Death still wasn't worried. He sent another Reaper. This Reaper had the following equipment;

Guan Dao: A guandao is a type of Chinese pole weapon that is used in some forms of Chinese martial arts. In Chinese, it is properly called a yanyuedao, the name under which it always appears in texts from the Song to Qing dynasties such as the Wujing Zongyao and Huangchao Liqi Tushi.

The Reaper was strong, but Thawne still was able to absorb her powers and snapped her neck.

Death still sent more Reapers. He sent four more. They had the following skills/equipment;

Explosive mastery: The first of the four Reapers was fascinated with explosives from an early point, and this interest was not dimmed in the slightest by her terrible work accident. She even continued to research explosives and conflagrations while serving as part of the group. As she was almost obsessed with this topic, the Reaper could be exceedingly reckless in battle just to test her newest combustible devices. It could be said that her main drive was to "see the world burn—literally". Despite this, the Reaper was fairly even-tempered and approachable outside combat.

Archery mastery: As a Yuyan Archer, The second of the four Reapers was very confident in her abilities almost to a fault, boasting to Ozai that while any of her fellow archers could pin a fly to a tree from a hundred yards away without killing it, she could do the same while blindfolded. This pride, however, did not extend to admitting her lack of skill at hand-to-hand combat and when faced with odds she could not overcome, she would conclude that the challenge was outright impossible for anyone. After her disgraceful discharge from the Yuyan Archers, her wounded pride became her main drive as she hoped to somehow regain her respected status. Even though she remained arrogant and boastful, this became a facade hiding a deep insecurity related to her fall from grace. Despite her excessive pride, however, she was not a vengeful individual. She remained loyal to both the Fire Nation as well as Ozai despite being factually exiled, and was willing to celebrate with her former opponents during the Spirits' Friendship Festival.

Chain-knives: The third of the Reapers had these weapons. The chain-knives, or kyoketsu-shoge, has a wide range of uses. The blade could be used for pulling slashes as well as thrusting stabs. The chain or cord, sometimes made from human hair or horsehair for strength and resiliency, could be used for climbing, ensnaring an enemy, binding an enemy and many such other uses.

1...34567...13