Nora's Big Mistake Ch. 58

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Universal Awareness: As Metatron said, God could hear and see all. She was able to see visions of the angels and Winchesters. She also accurately described Sam's eyes turning black and his body temperature rising when he killed Lilith. Jack also noted that using his powers would immediately alert God to his resurrection. However, those of significant power such as Reina could ward themselves against God's sight. The bunker's original cosmic warding was also able to block Jack's opening of a rift to the Bad Place from God's senses. However, she later admitted that she tried to make Dean kill Sam over Jack and, showing no surprise after seeing him, already knew he was alive. Commenting on her imminent death, she seemed even to know about the trial she passed to grew stronger.

Telepathy: She knew what Sam's thoughts would be about Dean being a dick. God was also able to read and identify the source of Sam's defiance as his belief Dean and Castiel will succeed in trapping her.

Precognition: God could accurately predict reality to a degree far superior to that of the Archangels, which gave credit to her masquerading as a prophet. She was aware that Leia would possess Sam and this decision would be her downfall, something which even Leia could not foresee. God was also able to foresee what would become of the world if the Winchesters and Castiel succeeded in locking her away. By using a magical pocket watch, God was able to extend this foresight to Sam so that Sam could see for herself what God had envisioned happening in the future. After being stripped of her powers, God admitted that for the first time she didn't know what was going to come next.

Omnipresence: In Moriah, when asked where she's been, Rhea said she's been "everywhere and nowhere, to the edge of the universe and beyond". When Jack absorbed God's powers, he became omnipresent, meaning God was also omnipresent prior to losing her powers.

Immortality: God, as being one of the first entities to exist, was immortal. Age, as well as any disease and weapon, were powerless against her. However, Death stated she could die, and Reina managed to fatally wound her where she was about to die after less than a day, before she healed her. Jack could kill God by transforming himself into a bomb that would destroy her.

Nigh-Invulnerability: The only confirmed being that could kill God was her sister The Darkness, although Death was able to reap God at the end of time. In addition, God only suffered temporary harm when she was shot with the Equalizer, a weapon that God herself had created. Even then, however, as noted by Castiel, none of the many powerful weapons possessed by Dean could harm her. She took a punch from Dean and Sam in the face with no pain and hardly flinching.

Regeneration: On the rare occasion she was wounded, God could instantly heal all damage. Only tremendously destructive forces could hinder her regeneration. Her twin sister, the Darkness, who was even stronger than her, was able to wound her such severely she was dying, and she was the only one who managed to heal her. The Equalizer, a supernatural gun she created in order to kill Jack, the tremendously powerful Nephilim, son of the archangel Leia, was able to wound her when she was shot with it in the shoulder, which also significantly weakened her, and she was unable to heal the wound or return to full power until she made her shooter, Sam, lose all hope.

Mandatory Existence: God's existence was one of two that provides balance to reality, the other being The Darkness. As Rhea put it, "Light needs Dark", and "Dark needs Light". If she were killed, reality itself would end. It was said that if both Rhea and Reina were to die, a new balance would be established. In addition, God also maintained the balance between light and darkness and if she were to disappear from the worlds, darkness would prevail.

Master Strategist and Leader: God is an extraordinarily skilled strategist, referred by Leia herself as being a master strategist. Despite her eventual abandonment of her creations, God displayed incredible leadership skills when she personally ruled over Heaven, with Metatron commenting that Heaven was never in a better state since God lead it until Hannah took control, meaning her leadership efficiency was above that of Millicent's, and having led the archangels to victory against the Darkness. Her strategical genius was displayed in her masquerade as the prophet Rhea Simmons, as God, with only minor interference, was able to set the path for the Winchesters to defeat Leia and Millicent and avert the Apocalypse without compromising her disguise. God was also able to completely hide herself from both Heaven and Reina when they searched for her, with her using a personally created safe-place to make Reina unable to find her. After revealing herself to the Winchesters and aiding them against her sister, God led a nearly successful attempt to re-imprison Reina, personally coordinating the order of fighters who would go first, only failing at the last moment. Upon finally revealing her true colors and going against the Winchesters, God, despite being diminished from Sam's unexpected shot at her, was able to set the path to her regaining her full powers by first allowing Sam to resurrect Eileen to be able to spy on them and then luring Sam and Eileen to a trap and ultimately convincing Sam into losing hope by revealing the dark future that would take place even if they won. She also came up with another intricate plan to make the Winchesters kill each other by setting up Jack's sacrifice, which while ultimately failing was only because Sam realized the true plans of Billie and not because he, Dean or Castiel were able to figure out God's plans, remaining oblivious until the end. However, she was still tricked in the end when the Winchesters and Jack used Millicent to trick her. After her defeat, God admitted that she had never seen an ending where she actually lost.

Master Manipulator and Deceiver: God is an extraordinary manipulator and deceiver. She was able to put up such a deceitfully convincing act as just a regular prophet that no one, be it the Winchesters, Castiel and the angels, even Raphael who had personally knew her, suspecting she was God. During Dean's travel to alternate timeline, she blended into the survivor's army with no problem. She also manipulated Sam and Dean into getting into and winning the many challenges they faced and remaining completely untraceable. Even after she revealed herself as God and despite the Winchesters wariness of her lack of interference, God was nearly successful in getting them to kill Jack, exploiting Dean's vengeful rage over Mary's death to easily get him to take the Equalizer to kill Jack to the point not even Sam was able to dissuade him, and her offer to resurrect Mary if he kills Jack was notably able to tempt Dean for a while despite Sam's truthful accusations of her true motives before ultimately failing and forcing God to kill Jack herself. She confirmed that she messed with events just to manipulate the Winchesters to kill each other over Jack's sacrifice, which nearly succeeded as Dean became so obsessed with killing God that she almost killed Sam and it was only the revelation that everything they had done until that point rendered null should he do so did God's plan finally fail. After the failure of her grand plan, God's manipulations ultimately failed her as she was instead tricked and manipulated by the Winchesters into her own defeat.

Hand-to-Hand Combatant: God has shown to be a formidable hand to hand combatant as shown when she landed several hits on Sam and Dean in their final confrontation, while being able to block all of their attacks. It should be noted that Sam and Dean weren't trying their hardest, as they wanted Rhea to beat them in order to charge Jack's power.

Although God was one of the most powerful beings in all of existence, even she had weaknesses of her own and she was not completely omnipotent. For example, she was never able to defeat the Darkness all by herself. Defeating and locking her away was a team effort that required that God and her archangels cooperate to weaken her and a specific spell be performed to imprison her. God does not have the power to open and read the books in Death's library, either, unless Death allowed her to. And finally, when God was shot by The Equalizer, her power was diminished so sharply, she could only do "a few parlor tricks". In this state, she lost two abilities typical of cosmic beings: moving freely between alternate realities and spying in the heavily warded Men of Letters bunker. Although God, in favorable circumstances, could close the wound caused by the Equalizer even in this weakened state, she was prevented from doing so by Sam, who was connected to God by the wound they both had received from the weapon. Sam's hope that victory could be achieved against God precluded the latter from recovering and, to heal, God had to break Sam's will first.

God's vulnerability to the the Equalizer showed that she was also susceptible to her own power and could make things capable of causing harm to herself. A further her at that fact came from the series of rituals that Jack completed in the effort to defeat God. The final ingredient in the ritual was nothing less than a rib from the body of the first man, Adam, which was so imbued with God's power that, in combination with Jack's human soul and angelic grace, it resulted into a bomb that would be capable of killing both God and the Darkness.

She had the following weaknesses;

Magic (formerly): In her weakened state, God could be locked away with the same spell she once used to trap the Darkness. God herself expressed fear of the spell, going as far as to threaten the Winchesters into giving up, and openly admitted it would work on her in her weakened state, which was further shown by how in the alternate future God showed to Sam; Sam, Dean and Cass successfully locked her away with Castiel bearing the Mark. However, once God was at her full power, she was able to harmlessly destroy the spell.

The Equalizer: The Equalizer was designed to send a wave of multidimensional energy across a perfectly balanced quantum link that could harm even God. A shot to the shoulder, for instance, weakened her significantly, and it wasn't until she made her shooter, Sam, lose all hope that she was able to heal herself and return to full power. It is unknown if the Equalizer could kill God.

Archangels: Reina noted that just like when she was locked away by God with her four Archangels weakening her, God could be harmed and weakened by the combined might of the four Archangels, which would allow her to be sealed away just like she sealed her away.

She could be killed in the following ways;

Despite her immense power, God could still be killed although it was difficult and very nearly impossible to do. Like everyone else, God has a book that displays the means by which she can be killed. It also changes to depict God's ending depending on the situation, displaying a new outcome if God's previous method of destruction fails to come to fruition.

Death (possibly): Death told Dean in Two Minutes to Midnight that she would eventually going to reap God, but the meaning of this is left not entirely clear, as Billie said she was going to do the same in Alpha and Omega, albeit after she was already dying. It is shown in Meet the New Boss that Dean took her words as proof that Death can kill God (which is why she invoked Death to fight Castiel when she acted as God to begin with). Death, however, asked Dean "What makes you think I could do that?"

The Darkness: Being her twin sister and stronger than her in power, Reina was able to defeat God. She described herself as being more powerful than her, and God admitted she and her archangels "barely" managed to lock her away. God believed that were she to surrender to her, she would trap her, rather than kill her, and Leia stated that Reina may very well defeat her. When she was released, God decided to hide in one of her constructs, so she'd be safe from her. While mildly weakened, Reina overpowered God when she tried to use the Mark of Cain to re-imprison her, and then fatally wounded her by piercing her being with tendrils of darkness. Reina caused such damage that only she herself could heal it with not even the Book of the Damned being of any use. She has also shown the ability to negate God's ability to teleport, but only for a limited amount of time as God would eventually be able to break free.

Mandatory Existence Compromised: If the Darkness were to be killed, the imbalance would also result in the death of God due to the destruction of reality itself. The only way to avoid this is to kill both Rhea and Reina. After being drained of her powers and rendered mortal, Rhea's existence is no longer tied with Reina's.

Jack Kline: Although God was able to easily kill Jack, it was later revealed that Jack had the potential to kill God if she followed a plan Billie gave Jack when she resurrected her. Billie later revealed that Rhea's Death Book in Death's Reading Room revealed that Jack was the one who would ultimately kill God. Jack later explained that Billie's spells were turning him into a bomb, or something like a "metaphysical supernova" that would collapse into a living black hole for divine energy from which even God and the Darkness couldn't escape, but would also kill him in the process. Jack later exploded inside the Empty away from God and when Jack survived the explosion, he was turned into sort of a power vacuum. After absorbing enough power he regained his Nephilim abilities and became unstoppable, immune to God's attempts to smite him and was capable of stripping God of her power, making her powerless and mortal.

Mortality: After being drained of her powers, Rhea was rendered completely mortal. As a result, she will grow old, get sick, and die as a normal human would.

Heaven was basically a large bright white building, a massive building like structure, which contained hallways consisting of doors for each person's Heaven. The angels are able to open any of these doors, allowing them to enter any Heaven they choose. There is also a hidden switch or compartment hidden in each Heaven, which, if pulled, will open that Heaven's door, allowing the souls to roam free in the general Heaven, but an alarm will activate when that happens, as a soul is not allowed to be out his/her heaven. It seems each heaven is organized by the last name of the soul they belong. For example, there is a hallway only to every Robert "Bobby" Singer, including Bobby.

In front of the building, the angel Anna Milton was stationed and checking the area. She, as well as the other angels had the following skills. Angels are powerful celestial beings of light created by God and as of recently, the Nephilim Jack Kline, her grandson. They are responsible of maintaining Heaven and guard the souls of righteous humans. They power Heaven and at full potential they are imbued with considerable power. Angels also have connections to Prophets. Angels are one of the most powerful entities in the series, generally outclassing most demons, monsters, ghosts, and other supernatural creatures with few exceptions. Upon death, all angels are sent to a realm called The Empty, where they, along with all deceased demons, slumber for eternity. It was recently revealed that due to the fall and the resulting fighting, angels are now an endangered species. In fact, there are less than a dozen left in Creation. After Heaven was attacked by an entity called The Shadow, the angel, Duma overthrew Naomi, the current leader of Heaven at the time and took control. Duma manipulated Jack into turning a few humans into angels by taking their souls and forge them into angels, slightly increasing the number of angels until Castiel killed her.

As warriors of God and agents of Fate, Angels are powerful beings in the supernatural world, possessing a wide range of abilities that vary from Angel to Angel depending on the class of the Angel. Angels get their power from their grace and wings. Their grace supplies them with a certain amount of enochian magic and the condition of wings affect their overall strength and abilities. Each type of angel had different sets of powers and abilities;

The low-tier angels had the following powers and abilities. These were common powers granted to all angels with varying levels of effectiveness;

Angelic Possession: Similar to demons, angels require a vessel while on Earth. However, they must have the vessel's permission before they can take control. Gadreel states that even once they are possessed, the vessel can expel the angel at any one but this presumably does not apply for all angels. Angels can only continue to possess humans of a specific bloodline otherwise their vessels will be unable to contain the angel and explode. This goes even more so for archangels as any vessel they possess that is not their true vessel will begin to deteriorate.

Astral Projection: Angels can project shadowy forms of their wings onto surfaces at will. If one is killed by Angel Blades, its wings are burned onto the surface on which they died.

Dream Walking: Angels can appear in people's dreams, they usually use this to communicate, when they can't find the person they're looking for, or want to talk privately. Leia was able to talk to her future vessels in their dreams.

Electromagnetic Interference: Angels can manipulate electrical appliances. Castiel caused a dozen car alarms to stop by raising his hand.

Flight: When angels are disembodied on Earth, they can fly anywhere they desire, usually in the form of bright smoke or pure light.

Immortality: Angels do not age and cannot be killed by any ailment or mortal damage. Some angels have existed since the beginning of time.

Invulnerability: To date, the only things capable of killing angels are Angel Blades, Holy Fire, a stronger angel, Death, God, Reina, and Leviathans. Archangels have even fewer weaknesses, as Millicent wasn't killed by Holy Fire, and they can only be killed conventionally by Archangel Blades, as an Angel Blade was unable to kill one. It has been stated that Death's Scythe can kill angels.

Localization: Angels can localize any human who is not protected by enochian sigils.

Limited Cosmic Awareness: All angels have a certain degree of knowledge and awareness of the universe. They have knowledge of demons, other angels, symbols, spells, artifacts, prophets, nephilim and more. They also generally have awareness of the level of power a being has.

Multilingualism: Due to their age, angels are proficient in most, if not all, languages ever spoken on earth. Castiel proven to be proficient in Latin and Ancient Canaanite, both dead languages, and Alternate Millicent succeeded to quote a verse from the Koran in perfect Arabic.

Protective Charm: An angel can protect an individual from most forms of physical damage. This degree of protection is linked to an angel's power. Castiel was able to prevent his vessel Jimmy Novak from burning his hand in a pot of boiling water as a sign of faith. Raphael was capable of making Crowley immune to Castiel's smiting.

Pyrokinesis: Castiel displays the ability to burn through ropes holding him, even before he becomes a Seraph.

Regeneration: If an angel's vessel is damaged, it will repair itself nearly instantly unless the wound was caused by angelic weaponry.

Reality Warping: Angels are powerful enough to bend reality to their will. The more powerful the angel, the greater their capability. Even angels cut off from Heaven possess this power to some extent, as Castiel was able to carve the Enochian Sigil into Sam and Dean's ribs simply by touching their chests. As a regular angel, Castiel was able to remove the existence of a door to prevent Dean from escaping the "beautiful room". Other examples include when Zachariah broke and repaired Sam's legs by pointing at them, removing a persons lungs with no incisions or Castiel assembling a board game by shaking the box. Archangels possess this power to the greatest extent, being able to conjure items and beings out of nothing. The most notable example is Gabriel, who lived on Earth by masquerading as a trickster named Loki.

1...56789...13