Not Quite a White Knight Bk. 02 Pt. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He staggered for a moment, that truth of it struck him like a physical blow. His world-view was under attack and he had no fortress to flee to. When he looked up again I knew I had a powerful disciple, in all thinks computer. He would open the safe for me when the time came. Until that day Stern would see I was never fired, and he had shown he could eliminate any who stood against me. Even his partners.

-

Most of the other people I talked to were wife-exchange females who were wondering about getting me in bed next year - or maybe earlier if I was interested. They also thought they had a vote in the selection process and wanted a closer look. So they looked. Some of them touched. Abril was not the only one who had hands feeling in lot of places. I let them, I knew that I had the best male body in the room of lawyers, a genetic gift from the warped rapist who violated my mother and died on my knife as I looked in his eyes. They would know it too, once they tried it inside. Unfortunately, if things went as planned there would not be that many encounters.

Every time I glanced over at Abril she seemed to be having a good time with whoever she was with, she was plainly charming the partners as well as everyone else she was talking to. The other 9 candidate wives were mostly attractive. Except for Mary Goodwin I could see myself bedding all of them. Some were slim dark-haired women, some were blonde cheerleaders, there was a busty redhead with white skin, plus a short girl who I had to say was cute as a button. A sexy button even if she had the most modest outfit, she was selling the "schoolgirl/next door" thing with a bit of centerfold promise. In fact her thick-lipped mouth was all she needed to show, it inspired obscene desires. Unfortunately, her husband was not yet up to snuff.

I got a sudden insight. I reversed my viewpoint, like looking at apartment building security from the other side. What might I do if I wanted to be a partner and might not make the cut? If I was close to the cutoff? I had never considered that before, because I figured it would not be an issue. But others might not be so confident, and they might seek shortcuts like taking me out of the running. Also, some partners might want to take me out of the running without exposing themselves by using a blackball.

The answer was plain before me, at tables 1 through 10. Killing lawyers was a problem, and I was especially hard to kill because I moved a lot. A killer needed to exploit a routine. But for some to the marginal associates, especially those that had been turned down once already, I saw how taking out a wife might seem an easy and effective option. Seduce or kill, either worked. Women had affairs and ran away - in LA it was a story that was easy for the cops to relate to when a woman went missing, because it was in the papers and their lives regularly. It was Hollywood plot #1. In our firm, no wife meant no partnership.

I looked around the room at my competition, who among them would have such a thought? Nobody leapt out, they were lawyers who did violence with words and papers while keeping their thoughts private. They did not think like me. But with pressure they might. I resolved to think a little more about Abril's security. She already had a level of protection, since nobody knew where she lived or worked, plus the Pablo building was secure. Her leaving the building was pretty much random.

Except maybe not, like driving a pickup truck on Friday there might be a pattern in the casual random.

It occurred to me that women were talking about shopping, for shoes and outfits places to eat, etc. If anybody wanted to go after me by attacking Abril, they might do it the same way Gracie got in trouble, shopping. It was what LA women did. A woman could move Abril into the crosshairs simply by mentioning a "wonderful boutique" someplace, or lunch plans. I resolved to discuss that with her.

After she got back to her apartment Abril was more likely to listen to me about security matters.

-

Dancing And Handling

When the tapas meal was over the tables were cleared away and the third wall of the room was retracted, opening the room to its largest size while revealing the stage with a live band. This marked the end of the 3-on-1 talks, now it would be dancing. There were 18 senior partners, although it looked like Gordon would retire, and would likely defer. So far, at least five or six had chatted with each woman during the meal. Most of the rest of the senior partners would take part in the dancing. Candidate's wives all had dance cards and would dance only with senior partners.

The changeover gave me a few minutes to talk to Abril. She was excited about how things had gone, and had plenty of positive energy for what was coming next. All the partners, and some of the wives found a reason during dinner to put their hands on her. They all praised what they found.

We kept our talk light and general, everyone was milling around. We spent a few moments with Sam, she said she would also stay for the dancing and try to get to know some of the partners. I slipped her a quarter pink as a mood enhancer, if she wanted it. She was very grateful and almost did something inappropriate to thank me. Instead she did it to Abril, who was very pleased with the hot kiss, close hug and the handling that went with it. Their kiss caught the eyes of several others.

(The gang manufactures and markets party drugs; that is what Abril thought I gave Sam. After Vegas Abril does not use any drugs, except things like aspirin and birth control. But she is fine with others doing party drugs. She appreciates how 49 has no tolerance for any addictive drug.)

"Save the last dance for me, okay?" Sam whispered to Abril. "Pencil in number 11, I will arrange... something special." My Candy Slut knew the buttons to push, this pair was 'E for excitement, squared' for every law partner watching. If the last thing the partners saw before they went to bed was those two dancing close and sexy it would make a lot of dreams that much hotter. That was good for me. Damn, Sam was such a good choice when I hooked her up five years ago. I was a fucking genius.

During the changeover Joe and Amy also came over to join us. Amy was more attractive than most of the partner's wives/daughters, plus she carried the notoriety of a real actress seen on TV, so there were no complaints. Even in blase LA that counted for something.

By my reading the senior partners were all spawned between 1957 and 1972; their music tastes were dominated by the first 5 years of MTV, when they had the original set of likable VJs (Nina Blackwood, Martha Quinn, etc.), and the few years after when the channel still played music instead of stupid and noise. So the live band played music from the 80's and early 90's, with all the songs arranged as slow dance numbers. Dancing was an excuse for conversation and testing physical chemistry one-on-one with hands, since partnership meant naked horizontal dancing once a month for the wives.

When the lights went down the opening notes from the live band filled the room. The first number was, suitably, the Journey song "Lights" ("When the lights, go down, in the city...") which was originally written by Steve Perry about LA but was unfinished when he joined Journey and moved to San Francisco. The Frisco lyrics were a better fit for the Bay area band and it has become an anthem for the entire Bay area. These musicians started with the Bay version but transitioned to the original LA lyrics, which was kind of interesting. Well, like Randy Newman says, "We love LA." (That was the sixth song they played. It was not the best choice for slow dancing.)

Joe asked Abril for this dance and Amy took me. I saw the the other candidate's wives were also with their respective mentors, they were probably explaining the rules, dealing with questions and maybe indicating any concerns that had been raised. I noticed that Joe was also appreciating Abril's body, she was encouraging him have especially free rein, including the "down the dress" vision treat and his hand on her butt. Abril may be bigger in the chest than Amy and Vi, his two wives, are put together.

Well, as my mentor I knew he had a priority claim on having her naked in bed once I was promoted.

Abril was not the only one who was being handled by their dance partner; Amy was very affectionate while checking me out. Then she found my gun in back. She was surprised enough to lose step.

This was the first time anybody associated with the law firm had found it. (I rarely danced with other lawyers at the office.) Most dancing at social events is to link partners with their bedtime companions; for associates like me the hands do not roam much. Tonight was different, Amy was making an effort to explore my body. So she looked up at me with a big question in her eyes.

I answered. "I have a carry permit, when I clerked there were some serious criminal cases so I took advantage of the opportunity. Don't look so shocked, you know there are others in the room." Bill Everson was a former prosecutor who had a full-size Sig in a shoulder harness he wore day and night. Most of the others who carried had "concealed carry" permits for compact guns in their ankle holsters. I hate ankle holsters.

Amy replied, "Yes, there are. I admit this is not the first time. But I never pictured you with one."

"A couple of cases... the bad guys were... not what I look like. Is it a problem for you?"

Amy gave me a nice smile. "Oh no... kind of the opposite because I picture you as a safe guy to be with. A gun in trusted hands always makes me feel safer. We shoot too. What...?"

"This is a Glock 29, compact, 10 mm is a big bullet with 10 in the mag."

"Not a gun a lady would shoot..."

"That would be a problem without practice, the FBI gave up on them partially because of that. Well, that and the 'large hole' thing." She laughed delightfully. "Would you like me to arrange something?"

She was curious, I knew Joe and his two ladies belonged to a gun club. Vi was a marksman in the military. The club had guns she could try with professional supervision, so they would probably do that.

We changed topics. Still, it was interesting to hear her thoughts. I think we both felt better after the exchange. In fact, I would say that when the dance ended, Amy's interest in me was a bit higher than before. Curiously high.

I also noticed that Barnes was dancing with Sam. I was surprised he had an opening on his dance card. Did he take the first dance to invite her to his room afterward? Well, I would find out soon enough. Still, for my own peace of mind, I was very happy that Abril would come home with me, and that my hold on Sam was absolute; thanks to the one-pink-a-day pills no love or money could take her loyalty away for me. I had told Stern she would die for me, but that was not really strong enough... The real truth was that Sam would gladly kill for me. For a third generation hippie, that was much harder.

For the next dance I stepped out and moved my holster to my ankle. The gun is not a comfortable fit down there, but no hands were going to feel around my ankles. I only missed the one dance, at the end I saw Abril was with Frank Church, an especially repulsive creature who was not one of our favorite people. With any luck blowing up from the South, this was the best he would get from her. They were both smiling, so I figured he enjoyed a good feel. Judge Stern, a fan from day 1, was next for her.

While the senior partners had dance cards, their wives and we associates and our dates were free range. I noticed there was more interest in dancing with me than there were dances. That made sense, like Abril I was physically outstanding, plus no doubt word of my office coup had gotten around to the wives of the partners. These were not normal women, they knew the score. They kept me busy holding beautiful ladies, either married or otherwise attached, for the rest of the night.

The one topic of conversation that came up a few times was my date at Blank. There was a great deal of mystery because nobody believed my cover story. Well, no matter what I said, I expected that. The gossip factor was just too high. One wife of a senior partner even asked about rumors of dining naked with space aliens; I could not tell if she was drunk, stoned or serious.

I hoped she was drunk.

One of my dances was with Alisa, a socially aggressive wife I had seen at the Blank on my date with Li. In an informal poll she came in second as "most likely to get promoted to partner before her husband." (Crystal was first.) Now she was fishing for a date with me. When I reminded her that I was out-of-season (only married associates could date, and they had to give notice) she said that she knew I would be married soon, and she wanted to be first in line when it the "season opened." She was angling for a private time at the Blank, with supper and a special dessert, since I obviously had access. She would not mind a third joining us, and was very open in terms of a man or woman.

Actually, that was interesting for me. (I'm not saying I was interested, just that my reaction was interesting.) I don't generally have physical contact with women who were explicitly going to sleep with somebody else afterward. I am talking about the typical American wife who is fooling around on her husband. Early on, in high school, I decided that a woman who was married had slept with her husband before she slept with me, and I was not a fan of sharing with the general population, especially the least selective of a given pair. How can I know who her husband has been with? Plus, there is the wife; I have a hard time understanding why anybody would want to sleep with a woman who is an unfaithful liar and whore. Why should I volunteer? I mean, a married woman who would sleep with me and lie about it to her husband would have no qualms about sleeping with other people and lying to me about it, such bad behavior is more an expectation. Plus, why should I assume the plethora of risks of a married woman, when there were so many virgins and damaged girls out there to enjoy. I won't say I never had a married American woman, and obviously I was going to have more when I made partner, but in the past it was very rare and always by chance rather than design.

I obviously make exceptions for members of the tribe (where marriage is only three days a month) or the colony (where a breeding-orientation tradition allows royals like me to sleep with otherwise faithful women like Belen assuming the knowledge and consent of their husbands) and the firm, where there are younger, more attractive and healthy wives all playing an exchange game, which has clear rules.

-

One Last Dance

The dance cards had 10 songs listed, and holding lovely women made a very pleasant evening for me. After the last number the lights started to go up, but then they went down again to halfway. All the partners moved to link up with their borrowed wives for the night, and I imagine that some were anxious to get to their rooms, I made a quick note of some of the pairings.

However, before anybody left it seemed that somebody had prevailed on a few of the band members to do a acoustical number so Sam could take Abril for a sexy trip around the empty dance floor. The band did an arrangement of "Whiter Shade Of Pale," and even had a spotlight for the dancers. It was slow and the dancing was very hot, it was more an extended make-out session then a dance. The couple were alone on the dance floor with everybody watching. We saw how some of Sam's outfit came off in pieces, revealing a little bit more of her body tats. Everybody stopped to watch, and most of them wished they were Sam. Abirl's tight little outfit didn't come off, because it only came all the way off. But near the start Sam made a naughty show of lifting the zipper from the hem to Abril's hip bone, it showed all the skin on that side plus it was constantly threatening to go further. Abril's beauty was captivating. Holding another woman, kissing and rubbing their bodies together in a way that looked positively sinful, was very stimulating. It was the hottest I have ever seen Abril, and I have showered with her.

I wondered if Sam had slipped Abril some pink without her knowing. A small dose could do it.

When it was over Sam joined Joe Pope, I guess he and his bed-mate (I did not notice who) were going to explore her tats. Amy left with Judge Stern, both looked very happy. I left with Abril, who was in a fantastic mood, and most guys wished they were me. If I didn't know better I would say I was getting lucky tonight.

But alas, I knew better. I was probably the only guy there who wasn't getting laid tonight after that dance.

When we got home our custom was to undress, take a shower together, and share the bed for the night. Part of the deal was that we spoke only Spanish. It was part bonding, part wind down, and part tease. In my own bed I slept nude. Abril usually had a short skimpy see-thru nightshirt. The main difference tonight was an alarm set so we could get to Cynthia's graduation.

After we were in bed Abril was still wound up so she wanted to go down to the toy room and "relieve some tension." I knew better than to volunteer my services, although she did say I could watch. She liked it when I watched. So I watched.

As I watched Abril climaxing on the Sybian again and again it occurred to me that I did a lot of things to make folks who worked for me feel better. Well, watching a naked, beautiful woman get off was not exactly arduous labor, and given what she had coming I was pleased to show her my consideration and appreciation.

She rode the Sybian for a half-hour, to great effect. We watched each other as she climaxed repeatedly, my eyes praised her, my cock stood at attention, all of which she liked. Her eyes said she wanted me, but just couldn't cross that line. She did offer to relieve me with her hands, which she had never offered before, but I declined. I said I wanted her too much to settle for anything less than the whole package, and I knew that was off-limits. I could see she was sorely tempted to change that, but didn't. I did help her rinse off after, including getting the Sybian's lube out of her pussy. We came closest to crossing the line when my fingers were inside her; she deliberately held off a climax and we both knew it. I could tell I was almost ready to take her by overpowering her, and she had the least interest in resisting me. But we were not there yet.

Damn, her body was hot.

When we got into bed she decided to forgo her nightgown, she was in a "cuddle naked" mood so there was more body contact than normal. We shared a chaste "goodnight kiss" with her wet and open slit pressed against my thigh and I was hard as steel because her hip rubbed against my cock. But despite this, she still felt safe sleeping in my arms.

My first priority was that I needed her to trust me, and that was about as much trust as I could get from anyone, so I stayed good and we built another layer of trust hardened by forgone desire.

Her trust was essential to me getting $50 million, plus I knew something she did not know about her roomies, so I exercised self control. I would score that pussy soon in the future, and when I did she would give me everything, with gratitude and the love of a fierce hispanic woman, without any limit.

That would be a very good day.

-

Graduation

Morning, Saturday June 7

Saturday morning we got up to attend Cynthia's graduation, Abril really wanted to go as the two had become close. We met Ernie and his wife with Pammie, and we all cheered as Cynthia crossed the stage. Pammie took a private moment to tell me she caught her sister in a 69 with Abril during the week, and she asked "what is the story?" I admitted I didn't know.