Not What I Expected - Extended

Story Info
Found her fucking, hurt, pain, aftermath, revelation.
13.6k words
4.34
124.4k
160
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I had the thought of trying for a 750-word story but when I read it, it felt so much was missing. So, I wrote this extended version. However, like my normal stories, I needed to end it which meant going past the original ending. There is no true sex scene in this story though the details are explored.

This is the story of devastating betrayal and its aftermath. It won't suit BTB devotees.

I had flown home on the aptly named red eye, after yet another firefighting engagement on behalf of the company I worked for. It seemed I was constantly travelling in recent months. This particular problem wasn't that difficult to sort out. If I spent a couple of extra hours finishing it, I could be home a day early, if I managed to change flights. The client's secretary arranged it. By that time, it was too late to call my wife Dawn to tell her I would be home tomorrow and not the following day.

I thought instead of heading to my office, I would surprise her by taking her for lunch. We hadn't had much time for each other recently. I had just enough time to get home, shower, change and head to her office.

My surprise though wasn't the one I expected to give. I had just pulled up when I saw her leaving her work in the company of Dave Niven. He was a close friend of my boss Mick. I had met him a few times when in the company of Mick. I didn't know he worked around here or that he knew Dawn. They were very circumspect as they got into his car and drove off. They may be going to a restaurant for lunch but that behaviour raised doubts in my mind. I followed, my concern growing as we passed the normal lunch spots and headed into a residential area. I kept a distance from his car until I saw them draw up in front of a house.

I stopped. My brain was in shock. I'd no clue anything was amiss in our marriage. My heart was beating loudly. I was breathing quickly. I could feel the adrenaline rushing through me. I didn't feel able to respond to what my mind was suggesting. Why would she have an affair? She knew my views! I thought we were very happy. Our sex life had been great until recently as I was away so much. The travelling was very tiring.

I waited a few minutes; willed myself to calm down. Could there be another simple explanation? Home to walk the dog?

I slowly drove past the house. The fact it was a bungalow was a bonus. There was no sign of them in the front rooms which were the main ones, kitchen and living room. The bedrooms would be at the rear. I couldn't ignore this. I had to know what was happening. I parked up the street and made my way back towards the house. I stepped over the small wall from his neighbours drive to give me access to the rear of his house. I walked softly on the grass so they wouldn't hear my footsteps on the path. I couldn't hear any sound coming from the garden like having lunch outside though it was a bit chilly for that. Dawn didn't smoke so wouldn't be outside smoking.

As I peeked around the corner of the building, I saw the garden was clear, no one or dog there. The rear windows were open and from the second room, I heard them. My heart sank. My anger rose but I didn't move. My mind ran over a number of options, outcomes, none good. One worked.

I didn't want them to know I was there, so I took out my phone and held it just on the glass. It was fortunate the curtains were open and probably obscured it to them. I hit video mode and recorded about two minutes of them fucking. It could never be described as love making. He was fucking her doggy style. She was responding, telling him to fuck her harder all the time. He didn't look any bigger, if anything he was significantly smaller than me in that department. I had all I needed. I didn't need nor want to see any more.

I made my way back to my car and thought about what I would do. There was no way we could remain married.

I called her secretary and asked to speak to Dawn. Debbie said, "she's out at lunch. I told her, "Don't you mean at 73 Nairn Drive with her fuck buddy. Tell her not to bother coming home tonight!" and rang off. If Debbie rang her that could put a dampener on proceedings. If she waited for her return, the shock would hopefully bring her some anguish, at least.

I'm very organised, some may say I suffer from OCD but I prefer to reason before acting. Standing outside that window, reason had said, "if you enter his house and assault him, it's you who is looking at being jailed. Dawn would back him up." Reason had only just prevailed!

The house we lived in was owned by her parents so I would be the one leaving. As I headed home, I broke my journey at my flat. Since we married three years ago, it had been let out to students. The group who were presently in it had been there the whole time. They had all graduated and were leaving this week. The letting agents and I were due to run through the flat, the inventory to make sure they had looked after it. I'd had no problem at any time with them. John was there. I apologised but said I was in the area so thought I would pop in to say goodbye in case I missed them. He was happy and relieved. The others had left. He had finished cleaning it and was leaving. He would have had to come back when we inspected it and to hand in the keys. He thought the only potential bill they would face would be for the mattresses as they did enjoy an active social life. I told him, I had intended to replace them anyway, so I counted that as fair wear and tear.

I took the keys and gave him a note saying I had them, examined the flat and all was in order. I would tell the letting agents so that their deposits should be paid back to them soon.

I had planned to redecorate in the two months before the next lot of students came looking for accommodation. I resolved to move back in meantime. It saved finding a hotel room or moving back with my parents. I called a local mattress store and ordered new mattresses. They would be delivered tomorrow afternoon.

With that arranged, I headed to our previously happy home or so I had thought. My journey was silent as I had my phone off. If only my brain was silent. Why? Why? Why? I had a barely contained rage threatening to erupt. I was fortunate I never hit another vehicle as I had several close calls. Some made sure I knew their displeasure.

As I pulled up in front of our house, Dawn's father Ted was there. He was very nervous. He was very protective of her though we had got on well. I presumed he was here at Dawn's request. If Dawn hadn't been so rattled by my discovery, she wouldn't have sent her dad. He just cannot lie. I told him not long after I had started going out with Dawn that he shouldn't play poker. He said he was a very popular player. I told him, no wonder, they can read you so well you were their bank. He never played for cash again.

Ted stared, "Iain, what's going on? Dawn called and is in a terrible state. We tried to call you but only got voicemail." His face and voice displayed he knew more than he was letting on.

I replied tersely, "Ted, come in and I'll explain."

Once in the living room we sat. I looked at him, my business face. He wasn't responsible so I controlled what I said to him, just. "Ted, you know, Dawn has been fucking Niven for some time. Yet you never told me."

His face showed he was surprised I knew he knew.

"Until today, I had no indication something was so badly wrong with my marriage. In the time since I discovered her and Niven fucking, I have been thinking long and hard about recent events. My immediate boss is Niven's friend and he has been making me run around the country and Europe, often needlessly. I'm sure this was deliberate to allow Niven access to Dawn. I'll sort that out tomorrow.

"The business I was away for concluded early. I managed to get a red eye back. I went to surprise Dawn and take her for lunch as we haven't had much time for each other because of my work or so I thought. Imagine my surprise to see her with him. The way they behaved towards each other made me concerned. They may have been going for lunch but something was off. I followed them to his house."

My voice hardened, my anger obvious, "I videoed them fucking in the rear bedroom.

"Tell her not to come back tonight. I'll clear out my stuff today and tomorrow. I'll let you know when I have finished clearing it and I'll put the keys through the letterbox.

"I'll start divorce proceedings immediately. I'm just glad we never had any children so they won't know this pain."

Ted looked at me, he knew the answer coming, "You won't consider counselling, see if you can get through this?"

I shook my head, "Dawn knew my feelings on adultery. If she had wanted out of our marriage she only had to ask. This was the wrong way to go about it."

We spoke, argued for about ten minutes but I wouldn't change my mind. Ted left looking very sad.

I went onto the computer and checked our bank accounts. I downloaded all the statements so I could look through them at leisure later. I did notice Dawn hadn't paid into the joint account for three months. The payments from my firm were less than I expected so I would have to follow those up tomorrow. I cancelled all the joint cards. I transferred all my money from the joint account back to my own account. I sent an email to Ted to tell Dawn that she had better transfer money to the joint account or she would miss her car and insurance payments which were due in a couple of days. I would email further account details of the money she was due me as she hadn't paid in for three months.

I collected all my documents, passport, birth, marriage certificates including the prenup. I packed my clothes and set off to the apartment. I made three trips before I was too tired to continue. I only had the last of my tools to move and my overnight clothes. I could have stayed in my flat but I didn't like the thought of the bodily fluids which may inhabit those mattresses even if they used the protectors I provided.

I slept in the guest room as I didn't want to sleep in our bed in case Niven had been there.

The next day I completed my move. I called the letting agents and told them I had the keys and the deposits could be repaid. I would let them know what I was going to do with the flat in a few weeks.

I went to my office and began clearing it. My boss, Mick came in. He wasn't happy. I don't think he realised his raised voice drew an audience.

"Where were you yesterday? We were trying to contact you."

I just looked at him. He couldn't fail to see the anger in my eyes.

I replied, calmly, "Were you concerned for my safety? Worried I may have been in an accident?"

I shouted, "Or was it your friend Dave Niven contacted you worried I'd found him fucking my wife? Asking how long he had to live? You moved me around the country to give him space to fuck my wife!"

Mick eyes showed his alarm. "That didn't happen," he said.

"NO!" I shouted even louder, "That's what did happen. You made it possible for your friend to fuck my wife. How many more staff's marriages are you fucking up behind their backs?"

John Rogers, the owner of the firm came hurrying up. The noise had attracted him and quite a few more. "Iain, what's the problem?"

I turned to him. I saw genuine concern from him. He had no knowledge of this.

I told him, my anger evident, "John, for the last three or four months I have been sent all over to deal with problems, many of which could have been resolved by other means. I managed to complete the latest one early and took a red eye so I was home a day early. I thought I would surprise my wife by taking her to lunch. She was leaving her office with Dave Niven, Mick's best friend. I followed them to his house where they fucked each other. Her dad came to try and talk me out of divorcing her. When I told him he knew she was fucking Niven with Mick's help, he couldn't deny it. On top of that, he's been stiffing the payments due to me."

John said calmly, his expression anything other than calm, "I can understand your anger. Please don't make a decision you and we will regret." He looked at the boxes by my desk. "Let me have a chance to fix what has happened workwise, please! I think too much of your abilities to lose you to this."

John turned to Mick, his voice really showed his anger, "I want the truth. One lie and you are done. Did you fuck with Iain so your friend could fuck his wife?"

John can be bloody intimidating. Mick was scared. John can read people so well, we joked he was a human lie detector so lying wasn't an option.

Mick nodded.

"And his money, did you stiff him?"

Mick nodded again.

"Iain, I'll make sure all the money due to you is paid. Take a few days off to gather your thoughts. It won't come from your leave. Come and see me on Tuesday. I don't want to lose you."

He turned to Mick. "You can forget that promotion we discussed and it would be better if you left before you are sacked. I'm heading to Accounts and HR to see what we can do with you. I'm bloody disgusted by your behaviour. If Iain put you in hospital in front of me, I wouldn't see a fucking thing!"

He walked off, his body language showing he was close to hitting Mick as well. The other members of staff who heard the exchange looked disgustingly at Mick. He returned slowly to his office. He looked a broken man. He had been the favourite to take the new chief executive role as John wished to step back, semi retire following the sad death of his wife.

Some came up to me and told me if they had had any knowledge, they would have spoken with me. They were so sorry about what Dawn had done to me.

I returned to the flat and checked out the divorce laws. There were three possible routes. Two 'Irretrievable differences' or 'Unreasonable behaviour' required twelve months separation. The third, 'Adultery' could go through as soon as the court agreed, more quickly if both parties agreed. I downloaded and filled in the forms for the divorce, 'Adultery' naming Dawn and Niven. I went to the Sheriff Court Clerks to lodge the papers. They would process them and have them served within a couple of days. The prenup said no alimony if you were the adulterer but the court could overrule that. If so, I would have to pay some.

I returned home and went through our finance accounts. Dawn hadn't paid for her car or several other recurring monthly bills for three months. The joint credit card bills showed a number of visits to hotels when I was away. At least she didn't appear to be fucking him in our bed. She was due me £2450 in total.

I expected some form of fight from her to delay or prevent the divorce.

I switched my phone on to find numerous voicemails and texts from her. Most were that I was making far too much of this. Not one said she was sorry in any way whatsoever. I did not call her. I blocked her number as I knew when she received the papers, she would be furious.

I thought I might hear from Mrs Niven. I felt some sympathy for her, I doubted she would have known.

I called my parents to tell them what was happening. They were aware. Ted had called them asking them to intervene and persuade me not to divorce Dawn. My dad had told him that was never going to happen. I had always said adultery ended a marriage. There could never be any trust between them ever again. They were very supportive especially when I told them about Mick and what he had done.

My dad asked, "what was I planning about my work." I told them, "John wants me to take a few days to consider. He basically told Mick to fuck off. He doesn't want to lose me. I don't know what to do. I don't know if I can ever be happy there again. No one seemed to know what Mick was doing but all the same."

My dad was on John's side, "John's a good boss. You've always liked working there. Don't do anything while you're angry. I'm sure if you decide to leave others will look to hire you."

Mum reminded me to look after myself. I could always come home for as long as I needed.

As I settled down to a cup of coffee, I tried to analyse my feelings. I didn't feel as angry as I expected. Whenever I had envisioned such a scenario, I was always mad, looking to beat the other man up, make a statement I wasn't a cuckold. I was just so sad. I'd never felt so flat. There was a tiredness within me I had never experienced.

Dawn had been a beautiful woman. She was intelligent, had a lively, upbeat personality and tits wet dreams are made off. She enjoyed sex, instigated it often and had a very vivid imagination. I couldn't understand why she had done what she did. Nothing in her lovemaking seemed contrived, false. She knew my feelings on adultery and the consequences. The only reason I could think of was she wanted out of the marriage and couldn't face telling me. Did I really need to know why? I decided NO!

On the Monday, I had to turn the notifications off on my phone. There were numerous calls from Ted and her mother Nancy. The phone was logging numerous blocked calls, I presumed from Dawn. A number I didn't recognise left a few voicemails. It was Niven and he wasn't happy. He was threatening violence to me. I would make sure there were witnesses to prove it was self-defence. I smiled at the thought.

I called Ted and told him, I was not withdrawing the divorce petition nor would I contemplate counselling. There was no point in further calls.

I did receive another call which turned out to be Mrs Niven. I arranged to meet her in a public place. I didn't trust her husband not to manipulate her.

She was very nervous, "Can I call you Iain?" I nodded.

"Dave says this is a lie, he's never had an affair. Can you prove it?"

I nodded. I spoke quietly, "What's your address?"

"73 Nairn Drive."

I replied, "The second bedroom at the rear of your house has blue painted walls and the duvet cover is green with blue stripes. I also have a video of him fucking my soon to be ex-wife on that bed."

She began crying which caused others to look none to friendly towards me. "I knew he was lying. I never suspected he would use our home. I'm so sorry."

I reassured her, "It's not your fault. The two of them are at fault. If you want the video to divorce him, I'll forward a copy to you."

"The church says divorce is wrong."

I smiled, "The church also says adultery is a sin. It can't have it both ways. You deserve better. Once trust is broken how can you stay together wondering what he is doing? What illnesses could he give you?"

The thought of that seemed to help her. Her body language changed from being subservient to determined. She had made her decision. "Can you give me a copy?" I transferred a copy to her phone there and then. As she left, she was met by some others and they helped her away. It looked like they cared for her so it may be family.

On Tuesday, I returned to the office. Mick's office was empty. John and I spent quite some time in discussion. It turned out, he had looked at Mick for the new CEO role but had never told him, he wanted me to fill Mick's role. He laid it on thick, two years in that role and I would be ready for the CEO's role. He would delay his retirement until I was ready. I finally agreed with the proviso if that I didn't feel comfortable due to what had happened, I could leave with just my standard months' notice. John agreed. Finance had paid the outstanding balance on my salary.

On the Wednesday I received a recorded delivery letter from a solicitor acting for Dawn. She was contesting the divorce and wished to have counselling to enable the marriage to be repaired. It also stated that I would be responsible for all her legal bills.

I wrote back, again using recorded delivery, that I wasn't going through counselling as I would never change my mind, adultery ended a marriage. As for her bills, the prenup states at section 5, para 4: The Adulterer is responsible for all legal bills. I enclosed a copy of the prenup. I would not be paying one penny for her.