All Comments on 'Nothing is Always Something'

by PKenny5860

Sort by:
  • 162 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
WHY

are you channeling JPB?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Okay, you had a 4 going until the end.

That brought it down to a 1.

I was going to say, watch for inconsistencies. You first say you were surprised to see your wife's car because she should have been at work. Then you say in two other places that she doesn't work.

Now, since you saw fit to write a bunch of words that don't mean anything and wasted my time, I gave you what you deserve.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
You run out of electricity?

Computer shut down so you couldn't finish? Writing along and then... nothing. Bad way to stop.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I became increasingly nervous as I neared my home. I was willing to fight for my marriage becuase I'm a cuck

I can see a man staying married to a fuck slut becuase he doesnt want to lose half his shit and wants to be there for his kid

I cant see a man wanting to keep a disrespectful cheating whore so badly he lets the asshole fucking his wife off the hook

Why the fuck isnt on on his precursors for staying married that she get off her lazyass and work 60 hours a week so the whore doesnt have the time to spread her legs

OPrimeOPrimeover 4 years ago
I would Cheat on him

I would do anything just to get him to shut up!

Get an editor.

chuckysmariachuckysmariaover 4 years ago
is there a part 2?

if not i star. for now 3.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Another pussy husband.

He meeds to tell everyone she is a slut. Dovorce and start over. If she stays with tom while he pays alimony then tom and she will have to have some unfortunate accidents.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerover 4 years ago
What a wimp!

This guy is the worst passive/aggressive wimp with a victim mentality. The verbose discussions he has with himself and his wife are just mental masturbation exercises.

Why didn't he telephone his "friends" wife immediately and let her know of her cheating ass husband? He allows her to remain ignorant! Plus, why didn't he walk in on the cheating couple once he realised what was going on?

No, he's just a cuckold with a wimp backbone.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
sorry, where is the remainder of the story?

2*

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Editing

Please consider getting an editor or some beta readers. You have some skill; at writing but your spell checker isn't catching homophones such as your/you're and compliance/complaints. Another set of (human) eyeballs might.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Where's the rest of it? If its chapter one, SAY SO in the TITLE. 1*

PowersworderPowersworderover 4 years ago

Looking forward to the next chapter!

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 4 years ago
OK, so far

Interested to know what the subsequent chapters will bring.

ju8streadingju8streadingover 4 years ago

i hope there is another part to this

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
2 stars.

No excuse for a woman to fuck a man's friend. There needs to be resolution in your story or else it will be just another cuckold that will be cuckolded again and again. Sorry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Is that it?

Rather long-winded introduction to an abrupt halt!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago
Thoughts

"You should be ashamed of doing this to your best friend" - HE should be ashamed? How about her, the cheating cunt? At least Tom did vow fidelity, SHE did!

Surely this isn't the first time he's had to go home early due to a migraine attack?

I HATE when he watches instead of stopping it! If he wasn't going to stop it, at least use the old stand-by of using his cell phone camera to get proof!

"I thought the worst that you were with another woman" - LOL, pot, seen any kettles around here?

Su-u-u-re, Carolyn and Stacey BOTH just happened to forget the Parent-Teacher meeting on the same night!

I can't believe that he's even CONSIDERING her excuse of the hairdresser!

Tom just strolls into the house, doesn't leave until CAROLYN asks him to, and Jim STILL doesn't deck him; and he leaves RELUCTANTLY!?

I'm sorry, she has NO say, unless she wants to pull the plug. If she wants to stay in the marriage, what HE says, goes.

She has to meet him MORE than in the middle!

I would insist that Carolyn tell Stacey about her and Tom. The price of saving her marriage would be the possible destruction of Tom's. NOT, just sever all contact, though when Stacey asks why, it will probably all come out, anyway.

BTW, much of the language is MUCH to flowery, simply not the way real people talk. e.g. "Carolyn, because of that fatal flaw, that vile contentious act set one perhaps two marriages on the brink of collapse and a nearly lifelong friendship flushed like any other waste, down the toilet."

Lost a star for the non-ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Couple of Thoughts

The ending was rather abrupt. I don’t mind filling in some blanks, but goodness, there needs to be something to fill in.

I don’t think he’d be discharged from the hospital overnight after coming in with a body temp of 83. Organs begin to slow and shut down at temps below 88, so I would think the doctors would want to run a few tests on him to make sure no organs were damaged. I’d also think a psych evaluation would be in order.

The husband thought it was plausible for his wife to go to a hair appointment while he was in the hospital. Uh, no. I’ve been hospitalized a few times and I had to get someone to pry my wife out of the room to go home and get rest or to go get something to eat. It’s not at all plausible for the wife, who supposedly loves him, to get her hair done because she thought her husband wouldn’t be released from the hospital.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Intriguing

So the hubby is a... Psycologist? Psychiatrist? PHD cum laude?(no pun intended)

Then shares his personal pain and humiliation with his secretary/PA, a non-family member?

So unreal. She is portrayed as a stay-at-home mother, with no mention made of her academic or other qualifications.

The intense dialog towards the end happens to be long-winded and seemed so forced that it distracts from reality - will she ever be able to grasp what is going down?

Perhaps hubby has a low self-esteem or other character flaws, and just likes to hear his own voice?

Well, maybe I am just the fool on the hill, the village idiot. Excellent grammar use though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Incomplete

Just over two pages and an incomplete story. If it is a PLANNED chaptered story the writer should warn the reader. ONE star

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Where's the rest of the story?

Title says it all

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Another Idiot Husband

I’m not sure this even qualifies as a story. But, I would hope the wife chooses divorce. Otherwise their daughter could turnout to be as dense as the father!

MurfyMurfyover 4 years ago
Finish the story

I liked the story as far as it went but I am not a big fan of unfinished stories.

maxwedgemaxwedgeover 4 years ago
2 unfinished

UNFINISHED

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 4 years ago
Very well written

Looking forward to the outcome. She will fail as she has already failed. She really needs to get a job. Stacy needs to be told the truth. This would not be Tom's first affair. Its the kids who will suffer the most in the long run. Jim will never feel the same about his wife and the relationship will erode more over time. Such selfish people. Better to get them out of their lives so maybe some of the victims can find happiness.

KingBandorKingBandorover 4 years ago
Is this a multi-part story or did you do this on purpose?

This is intended as constructive criticism.

So, assuming it is finished, since you don't indicate in any way that it is not, 1 star.

Much felt unrealistic. The dialog was all one-sided and/or overly formal. In the scene where Tom and wife are going to have sex, the dialog felt overly contrived to fit a future defense... "I never generated you or tolerated it when he did"...

You forced in several things: tom was the aggressor, hubby was equally as good in bed, it was only about the size of his cock and the thrill, she loved her husband, she did not want to leave hubby, just way too much for that little scene.

Furthermore, I cannot see people going from an argument with threats of " if you do that again we are done" to " fuck me now" in seconds. Contrived.

Wife then has so little disregard or concern for hubby who nearly died, that she is nowhere to be found all night and the next day while he is in the hospital!!!

Then hubby delays any discussion for days and has ENJOYABLE meals at favorite places...eating favorite meals, yummy goodies and having a grand old time as if nothing is wrong!!!

Hubby acknowledges he has ALREADY decided to forgive her and move on before he even hears ONE WORD from his wife.

Then he finds her with Tom again!

Why bother with an ultimatum and conditions before even asking her if she even wants to stay married and work it out? Why waste his breath making his demands before even asking her if she is willing to stop seeing Tom?

He seems to have no plans to get any revenge on Tom. He says something about how Tom will need to have to explain to his wife about the destruction of their friendship. Weak. You can say it was so as to not hurt the kids.. But Tom doesn't care about the kids or his wife as he professed his love for wifey and his desire to leave his family. Doesn't his wife deserve to know that??

Then there is an unrealistic, long-winded, big word laden diatribe that is one sided and the story just STOPS. Cutting the story off like that is beyond frustrating.

You need an editor and beta readers as the story was filled with typos, wrong words and poor grammar.

If you intend for there to be a part two or more, please indicate it in the title and/ or preface next time.

KB

TajfaTajfaover 4 years ago
Part 2

You don't indicate there is a second part. I hope there is as I enjoyed this very much but am expecting a conclusion and some payback. Keep writing, you are vert good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Unfinished

I changed a high score to a low score subject to being revised if you finish. Since you didn't indicate this was a first chapter I have no choice but to assume this is a complete albeit unfinished story.

anon.1

sengimaxsengimaxover 4 years ago
Unfinished

Not a fan of unfinished stories. A shame since this is well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
stay at home mom?

early in the story he found it odd for her car to be in the garage at 1:00, as she should have been at work. then the story continued as her being a stay at home mom.

Rob5373Rob5373over 4 years ago
I agree. A finish is needed.

As a writer myself that endures the creative writing nazis with their punctuation marks, commas, spacing, capitalization, mindless thoughts on their version or ending, etc... and all the other BS they worry about instead of reading the story, I read a story for what it is and what the author is portraying with their thoughts. I see as above, some of the readers want you to write as they see it and the outcome they want, which is fine. But they need to write one, get it past the moderators then bitch. You have the BTB crowd which will never be happy without sewing her pussy closed or castration in the case of a guy. I like reconciliation stories when it’s deserved and possible. Keep up the good work, but you DO have to finish this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Too much time

Sorry, but you spend way too much time on trying to create a mood with setting. It doesn't work and it inhibits the flow of the story.

SwordWielderSwordWielderover 4 years ago
Not Finished

You left the story hanging, please write a 2nd part. Also, at first Tom's wife'

s name was Mallory, then you changed it to Stacey. Please be consistent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Mallory ???

Is Tom married to Mallory or Stacey ?

When Jim discovered the cheaters , Tom said he would leave Mallory in a heartbeat ?

Jim also heard his wife admonish Tom for only having time for a quickie today . She complained that this was their time , so she obviously looks forward to her weekday event . And let's not ignore the possibility of numerous evening meet ups !!

Finding her husband in hospital , Carolyn , having vented , did not appear overly concerned . Turning up with no clue about phone calls or Jim being discharged .

All in all , she holds Tom in higher regard than her spouse .

Perhaps Mallory / Stacey should be clued in and let the chips fall where they may .

I cannot imagine any man getting over this level of betrayal .

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Finish?

This is a very good story unless you leave it here. There are already too many unfinished stories in LW. Keep this one going please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

People don’t talk like you wrote. You change her working status. If I came upon my wife fucking someone I would kick him into next week like any self respecting person would. Story just not something I can believe. You need to start over and write something closer to the truth. So many of the stories make the husband a duck and in real life the cheat would wind up dead.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Entirely too many irrelevant details, mundane descriptions and ridiculously heavy handed dialogue. Overall, a decent premise, but this could have been trimmed to 2 pages.

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 4 years ago
Kenny...

I know this will sound like a broken record but... try reading your own story before you submit it. Every thing I am posting is just from the first page.

When I arrived home, I opened the door to my garage to pull in and I saw Carolyn's car inside. I found it strange as she was supposed to be at work at this time of day.

As a stay at home Mom by choice, Carolyn has quite a bit of free time on her hands.

Which was she a stay at home mom that was always on the go or a working mom who managed to find time to fuck around

I would leave Mallory in a heartbeat if you just say the word because you know I want you all the time but,

In retrospect I should've been suspicious but Tom told me that Stacey was also going so I never questioned it.

Was tom's wife Mallory or Stacey?

It was 1pm on a Friday so I decided to head for home and enjoy a long weekend.

Truth be told I was tired from everything that had transpired over the past 27 hours and I simply rolled over and went promptly to sleep.

When the nurse woke me the next morning for meds, I noticed that Carolyn was no where to be found.

While I waited the orderly, a young man about 22-23, said, "You're a lucky man Mr. Tyson, your wife is beautiful." I thanked him. I had always thought the same until yesterday.

As best as I can guess using your times it was Sunday morning when he was released from the hospital. A hair appointment on Sunday morning?

I already read the other comments so I know you let this hanging and if you write part two it will be a reconciliation but on who's part?

SkibumSkibumover 4 years ago
Changing names

One of the things that irritates me is when authors forget the names of their own characters. At one point Tom refers to his wife as “Mallory”, that soon morphs into “Stacey”. I think even an adulterer would be able to remember just who he is cheating on.

abitshyoneabitshyoneover 4 years ago
ending ?

well written, but it needs a ending, the way you finished it indicates she is to have her say but theres no mention of more chapters, please finish it, thanks for sharing

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A decent diatribe...

...makes an extremely poor story, at least it does here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
FTDS

Finish The Damn Story!

Too many loose ends. Where was she when he was being discharged from the hospital?

Why was Tom at their house again and why was she crying?

What was her decision? That should have been established before the ultimatums were laid out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Utterly pointless

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Get an editor

You have a lot of errors in this messy lecture. Both simple English errors - they're instead of their is one of the easy ones. If he's surprised that her car is in the garage how is she a stay at home Mom? Mistakes like these detract from the overall story. Then you spent a LOT of time on useless descriptions of the environment. Who cares about the leaves and the color of the water? The story is about people and their actions. You had Jim lecture Carolyn at the end and we never heard her response. That was kind of an important part of the story don't you think? Leaving her comments out of the story leaves us, the readers, with a completely unfinished story. Since you didn't indicate that this was part one I'm forced to conclude the story is over. And that makes it a complete waste of time.

1 star

hindsight2020hindsight2020over 4 years ago
As presented 2*

If this is intended as part or chapter 1, you needed to say so. But it is presented as a stand alone. On that basis it is weak. 2*

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

so is there going to be a second chapter ?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Long winded

You could have accomplished what you did without all the long winded diatribes. First she worked then she's a stay at home mom?

I was going to give it a 3, dropped it to a one, and that's overrating it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I can only assume you got tired of your own story

No chapter number to indicate there is more and it just ends. That's not clever, it's lazy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
"Wife's view's cheating as nothing..."

That's an interesting tag line considering

<P>

1) You ended the story before really having her present her views. The little we do get is what he hears her tell Tom.

<P>

2) It's rather contradictory to her reaction when he finds out. She's all sobbing and saying "I'm sorry", which indicates she did view her cheating as something. If she thought it was nothing she wouldn't have reacted that way.

<P>

BTW, it should have been "Wife views cheating as nothing..."

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 4 years ago
how is it even possible

that he's even giving her a chance. She's been fucking Tom for who knows how long. Tom walks in his house like he owns, she has to tell Tom to leave. The husband acts like its nothing so why shouldn't she. Cuckoldtry at its best.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Learn how to write!

3rd paragraph - this is one of the worst sentences I have ever read!

"Drenched leaves clinged to the bench held captive by the morning dew indicating a cold wind that blew out of the north during the night an unwelcome harbinger of the winter that loomed in the dank shadows."

InsigniaInsigniaover 4 years ago
Ruminants Falling from Trees

The night was moist. More dialogue and less monologue may help in the future. Big words are not always better. Thanks for the read. 3*

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago
@Rob5373

I HAVE written stories, and I'm far from perfect myself, but punctuation marks (which includes commas, BTW), spacing, and all the other BS, often makes "reading the story ... for what it is and what the author is portraying with their thoughts," difficult.

I personally read and re-read my stories, use Word's spelling and grammar check. I use Beta readers, and just about the best editor around, and mistakes STILL slip through! So, when I see writers who apparently make ZERO effort to make their stories the best they can be, excuse me if I get a little critical!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
good start

I will assume there's more to follow

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Time I cannot get back

Left hanging, what?

Richie4110Richie4110over 4 years ago
Well developed and needs a substantial finish

Thank you for the story and for the raised expectation for a really interesting denouement.

cybojicybojiover 4 years ago
I take it

Its a two part story. Also you get to wrapped up in long winded prose. The story is solid with a good core. You have a talent for writing for sure. A creative imagination. Focus on those things. Stick to the story. 4 could of been a 5.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

The story was good, but his speech at the end sounded like a business presentation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Laying down the law

Ok, I have read 20 of the exact same stories. Husband expects fidelity, doesn't get it, preserves the marriage by becoming the dictator. I am not saying that it never happens, but, the same story has been told so many times its boring. Equally boring is the story where the husband suddenly decides he loves his hotwife fucking others.

A little subtlety would be appreciated

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 4 years ago
ending?

sorry, always going to be a 1* with an ending like that. The story was decent, even though I always disagree with the husband creeping back out when he somehow stumbles onto the affair.

wonder203wonder203over 4 years ago
Where is the rest?

I am assuming you forgot to put chapter 1 on the title and perhaps there are more.

Impo_64Impo_64over 4 years ago
Will this story have following parts?

Will this story have following parts? This part is clearly insufficient...2* for now

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Forget the comments.

Hang in there author. Keep plugging away. Looking forward to seeing you post more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Could not read

Quit reading in the middle of page 1. “Compliancy” in a marriage? Grammar is important, especially for a would be author. That was the last of a bunch of mistakes for me. Get an editor, or better yet, learn a little about the English language.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
huh?

Good treatment of an old story line but I have to ask you if you if you actually think anyone in this same situation would respond to it in such calm and regimented manner with what appears to be almost no emotional reaction other then a few tears and sitting on a bench in a park on a cold, wet, windy night freezing your ass off? One thing that makes a story good is its ability establish some plausibility to the tale. Your cold narration and lack of some type of realistic reaction to the situation makes the story come off like a fairy tale, not good fiction. Loosen up and keep trying.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
End it.....!!!

End the marriage. Why was she crying on her lover's shoulder when the husband came home? If she has any doubts as to leave her lover then the husband should end the marriage.

No matter how I put it she is damage goods for me. No respect for the husband, her friend nor her family.....divorce her!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Whaaa

Agree way toooooooo long, and not finished

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
Okay so far.

I'm fine with stories that do not touch every base, but you invited a response. Now you need to provide it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Started as something

Story turned into nothing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Is that all there is?

Finish the fucking story.

InfiniteCycleInfiniteCycleover 4 years ago
Many good thoughts throughout the story

Many solid reflections, on such things as repercussions, and especially thoughts to the standard cheater's reasons as he internally processed his response to the situation.

The downsides weighed significantly, though.

The first, and most important to me, is that old problem... instead of telling a story, where the action paints an indirect portrait for the reader, but making the reader think for themselves, the way you delivered it, it was just a lecture. While I appreciated what you were saying, reading a sermon quickly losses the audience's interest.

The second is obviously how you ended it, stone cold dead in it's tracks. Not even a wind-up or epilogue. This story would have benefited from an epilogue, though it detracts from many others.

The other things are from a personal perspective.

If I were Jim, and intended to take the high road, I could have only taken it so far, in regards to Tom. Sure, I can understand, for the sake of the family, just doing nothing but banishing him, but for my personal taste, Tom crossed the line in the final scene he was in.

His return, and reluctance to leave, was an implied threat, directly at Jim. Even if he had thoughts of protecting Carolyn, it was a line too far. Such a level of disrespect and contempt would demand a reaction. Sure, I know, I could end up in jail, blah, blah. Whatever.

The other thing is the RAAC itself. I understand that there can be circumstances that could result in reconciliation, and I understand that some non-cuck men still have a certain outlook and strength of character to give a pass... mostly where children are concerned.

But for this one, there was no reason given, or should I say, fleshed out, to allow the audience to take it into consideration, that justifies it. Carolyn's actions are always disrespectful, flippant and selfish, and her only anguish seems to be in the light of discovery, not in regret at her actions. Makes me feel like he is dealing with an 8 year old, caught stealing cookies. Not a good basis for the long term survival of a marriage.

It's just Jim's own decision, with no real idea on why. One minute, she's Medusa. The next, he's made the offer of reconciliation.

You seem to have a good grasp of syntax and outline, so I think you could write a story that really hooks in an audience. Keep writing.

Personally though, you'll always have trouble getting a RAAC past me.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 4 years ago
Jim’s description of what her adultery did . . .

. . . was all about him, how his precious little feelings were hurt. He was all pride and ego, upset not that he might not have been taking care of business but that someone else had used HIS pussy.

He catches them fucking, and just stands there, watching. He tells us that he’s outraged, but doesn’t act like it. His sermon to his wife on what has tp happen sounds exactly like what it is: laying down the law as he went o er it in his head 67 times.

His diatribe sounds just like what I’d expect a wimp to rehease in order to persuade himself that he’s really macho macho man.

ThitabeThitabeover 4 years ago
Too many inconsistances.

1) In the beginning of the story you say Jim found it strange that his wife's can was in the garage because she should be at work then later say she is a full time stay at home mom with lots of time on her hands.

2) you say that the migraine was on a Friday and Jim was going home for a long weekend when he found his wife with his friend, so when the officer found Jim the next morning which would have been Saturday and you only have him in the hospital for 1 night so he would be going home on a Sunday, but when he gets home his daughter is at school.

3) The night Jim gets home from the hospital he tells his wife he will be going back to work in a day or two, then he gets up the next day and goes to work, but when Jim tells Jules what is going on he tells her that he stayed home to rest for a day before he returned to work.

4) Jim takes off work to go home and confront his wife and they are both home when his daughter get home FROM BASKETBALL PRACTICE at 5:00 PM, but she is only 7 years old in the story. I raised 3 kids, my youngest is now 25 and when my kids were at that age I or my wife was at ALL there practices and games. Plus how did she get home?

6) the tag line gives the impression that Jim's wife has no regard for the the marriage, but her action and what little you say she said (when she didn't even know Jim was listening) says otherwise and you never give her a chance to say her side.

7) you left the story incomplete. There is no finish to the story.

My suggestion would be to take the story down, fix the mistakes and finish the story

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 4 years ago
Unfinished

Tame. I understand his wallowing in self pity, don't understand his diatribe at the end without hearing her lies first. Basically all she has to do is say, "Yes," and the marriage is fine. She just needs to be more xareful next time.

Did you swallow a thesaurus. Actually try poetry, they like flowery words.

Try proof reading your work.

Where was the shower sex And blowjob from the tags? He just thumped his cock up her hole.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Where’s the rest of the story,unfinished ,

So either a part 2 or did you not get the whole story published. Strange to end a story this way. It’s killing your score!

kiteareskitearesover 4 years ago
I would never agree to be a cuckold

Disagree all you like...you are one.

And by looking for reconcilliation you have accepted that you have been cuckolded.

It appears you won't be a wittol or get into the cuck fetish. But Tom cuckoled you or was it someone else that hung the horns on you?

Wimp? Maybe not in your own head. Maybe slamming the door open when you saw them before whimpering off to the park, maybe physically ejecting Tom on any or the 3 occasions he deserved it. Maybe telling his wife why you would no longer be having any contact with her and her kids or explaining the conditions under which you would.

So after his demands, did his wife laugh in his face? The 1st condition made it impossible for her to explain why. The why would always have some sort of sympathetic reasoning for Tom. So she either didn't explain and got the marriage terminated AND(?) dissolved or she explained and included a reasoning that included a positive about Tom or that there was no reason and therefore the marriage ends.

The ending is obviously left out because the author finished telling and decided to let us think.. I think the marriage is dead. She gets the house and custody. He gets a shitty apartment and ends up paying for her to carry on fucking Tom who had an endless string of excuses for not leaving his wife. And of course the narrator was too chicken shit to tell Tom's wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Me thinks.....

this author is trying too hard with his phrasing. The dialog is just not real.

Questions - Does his wife work or stay home? Is Jim’s wife named Mallory or Stacy?

There’s more and it all adds up to a mess. Replace your current editor because he/she/they shouldn’t have let this be submitted. Where is the ending?

Yeesh!

maninconnmaninconnover 4 years ago
This had a great start...

But I got lost in the clever metaphors and poetic descriptions of the sun and sky, and when I emerged, there was no more to read. The opening was powerful, and really had my attention. Someplace in his Grand Slam breakfast at Denny’s, it lost direction.

Prince020402Prince020402over 4 years ago
I should have known that it was going to be a rough go

There were two gaffes in the tagline alone... "view's" and the ommission of the word "is." You need and editor for your tagline!!

Others have already pointed out the errors and inconsistencies but what made me laugh out loud was her language when she saw him in the hospital bed... "What in the Sam Hill is wrong with you?"

Who, under the age of 80 uses that phrase?

Oh, one more cause her pause. When they went to the parent- teacher conference he said that Jan and Stacey were there with their husbands. Wouldn't one of them be Tom? Not a big deal but odd he only referred to him as a husband and not his good friend Tom.

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerover 4 years ago
????

I assume this is a start to more chapters--if so I give it a 4. I took a point for bad proofreading. (Suggestion: proof it aloud from a printed page, It will help you pick up things you'll normally skim right over.

If this is all, you deserve no more than a two!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
WTF

This one misses on so many levels. A good start...husband goes into shock over what he sees then expecting a story to follow I read a lot of nothing and no end. If chapter one then why didn't you warn us ahead of time or at least put "to be continued". As written I feel I wasted a part of my life reading it. Won't vote as there are no minus stars.

enderlocke27enderlocke27over 4 years ago
commenting

on an unfinished story rofl damn i must be bored. im really starting to miss FTDS guy lol or gal

moblanemoblaneover 4 years ago
DITTO

Valid comments, one and all ( with a couple of minor errors)

I didn't notice too much of a problem but did notice the missing item.

Good start. Any reconcilliation MUST have draconian conditions due to the intent to ditch hubby! I favour a well-planned exit as the kid will survive! I do not have much faith in the rationale that couples do "what is best for the kid(s)" at the expense of the maarriage. I shall certainly read you further chapters... should there be any! 4**** from me for now but I look forward to having to give 5**** for subsequent chapters

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
man doing your wife you tell him get out of my house

you kick him out.hubby acts like some chum.should've kick tom behind.

bllhllsbllhllsover 4 years ago
so

The bones of the story are good but obviously the wife is cheating because the husband speaks like a pompous ass.

Or the author just got a brand new thesaurus. Regardless I have enjoyed your stories so keep up the good work.

klrsnklrsnover 4 years ago

Don't try to impress your readers with your vocabulary but instead, use language that normal people would use

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Only one criticism needs to be mentioned

FTDS, asshole

LonesomeBoy60LonesomeBoy60over 4 years ago
It's like half of.....

This begs for a Part II, Why leave your reader in limbo? Finish it!

rodryder44rodryder44over 4 years ago
More disrespect

I, too, was stunned by the 'Sam Hill' remark, and indefensible proof reading. To your credit, the premise was different with him freezing on that park bench.

The cuck's dialogue with his wife was too long, and artificial. I read this because I liked your other stories and have you as a favorite author. I do hope there is a chapter two. I struggled rating your effort with three stars. Maybe he needs decaf.

stillaonewomanmstillaonewomanmover 4 years ago
Finish the dann story

You left us hanging.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 4 years ago
19th Century

This reads like a Victorian melodrama set in modern times. That's not a compliment. I really don't care if you finish this or not.

tizwickytizwickyover 4 years ago
Unbelievable and One Dimensional

The formality of the dialog between the husband and wife was strained and artificial making the whole story very unbelievable and one dimensional. Even in a fictional story real people simply don't behave in this manner. This makes it almost impossible to suspend disbelief from the first paragraph.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Average at best

You need to work on dialogue. There isn’t a 30 year old alive who speaks like your protagonist. Also, it was a one way diatribe; we know nothing about the wife because of the lack of an actual verbal exchange.

bruce22bruce22over 4 years ago
Is this another the lady or the tiger story?

If not you forgot to put chapter 01 in front or to add "to be continued" at the bottom. If it is I protest! The details are all the usual so there would be nothing interesting in the

post.

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984over 4 years ago

No rating until there's an ending. As it stands its a 1 star with the right ending could be a 4 star.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 4 years ago
Your not JPB so it needs an ending!

I assume there is a part / chapter 2. If not then it is only half written and not as good as could be.

So please do keep writing THIS story and I will read it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Some people can stay but I’d definitely not be able to . I guess with such a young child and total destruction financially I’ve seen couples stay but they are both leading separate lives . She will be rewarded with alimony, child support and the house . The system doesn’t make sense to me . Child support yes but she should be made to get a job and if they decide to keep the house for their child than all bills should be split evenly, even stuff for their daughter. Why should one break their marriage contract and vows and get off scott free. I think I’d have tried to get some video of them for a while and in the process start to take money out of my pension and even try to refinance the house to the max . I’d 100% send pics to his wife and he definitely would not of left the house that day without being attacked and some very devestating shots to his manhood . There would be pics and video with the wife needs my best friends big cock so they decided to fuck for the last year . So now he decided t maybe stay with her , why? I’d need to find a woman to hook up with and every time I got in bed with my wife I’d see her with the guys bigger cock in her mouth and pussy , needing it . I’d hear the spoken words between them and I’d never be able to get hard with her again . It would leave a man feeling inadequate and you would always think she was thinking of him every time you fucked . I don’t know how people get over it . He seems to have rolled over already . His friend was there to fuck her again in his bed , they weren’t expecting him home . He should add Lao demand a job for her although it might back fire and she might find more cock to sample. Hope part 2 has more conclusions

NewnotsureNewnotsureover 4 years ago
wow this needs a end

I hope you finish this then I will vote

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A Papa Roach ending.

None.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous