Oblivious Control

Story Info
He uses superpowers to become invisible, to lust and use...
18.4k words
12.3k
14
1
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is a short work of erotic fiction containing furry, or anthropomorphic, characters, which are animals that either demonstrate human intelligence or walk on two legs, for the purposes of these tales. It is a thriving and growing fandom in which creators are prevalent in art and writing especially.

Please note that all characters are clearly over eighteen and written as such in all stories.

-----

"Damn it!"

Brian cursed, leaping over a small wall, the back of the building towering behind him, though their heist, well...it could have been more successful than past ones they had taken on. Casey wasn't far behind him, blonde hair whipping back from her face, though Brian almost thought that she liked things to go a little awry. With her super-strength, body lightly muscled but not to the extent that it would have had to have been to show strength beyond the limits of human feasibility, there was little that could threaten her, but her confidence had gotten her into more than one hairy situation.

Even though they had superpowers, their team of three, it was not as if they were saints -- by far, they were not. Some that developed incredible powers went on to do good in the world and some that took it on sought the spoils of something that should never have been handed to them so easily. Yet there was no telling, in their world, just who would be given powers beyond their wildest imaginings or left by the wayside. They could only do what they wanted, all with the hand they had been given. Free will, to the extent that the law and the world allowed, after all, was still a thing.

They scaled the wall, Brian taking more time than her, for he could not use brute force to follow her, though he did appreciate the skin-tight suit Casey had donned. Where she had super strength, he could render himself invisible, slipping around the edges of the consciousness of others. He never truly disappeared, but it was more like they simply did not notice him, which suited him just fine when on a heist to make sure that their stores of rare jewels and, of course, cold, hard cash too were full to the brim. Where Casey had the strength to rip vault doors off their hinges, she could make her escape and leave him to flit and take stock of everything, under the noses of everyone who might have sought to stop them.

The buildings in that part of the city, thankfully, were not skyscrapers, allowing him to lean forward, grunting, pushing into a moderate run. They had to put distance between them, after all, the gaps between roofs, where they were any, narrow enough to jump, though it took a fair bit of courage for someone without super strength to do so. Keeping up with Casey, however, was a challenge at the best of times and one that Brian was keener than ever to rise to.

"Where are you guys?" Violet's voice crackled through the radio, though they could not stop to answer as they leapt from rooftop to rooftop, Violet using her power to track them. "Ah, I got you. Sheesh, you move quickly these days, make me work for it... Get your asses out of there -- pronto! Cops incoming, on sixth avenue. Take the slipway and duck over the old Grand Major Hotel. They shouldn't reach there in time, no need to use the tunnel."

He laughed wildly, pressing on as Violet directed them away from where the cops were, listening in on their radio channels, though most of what she did to direct them came from using her power, though Brian had not delved into that all that much. He could trust her to guide them right, dropping down to ground level to side streets again as they headed back to their top floor apartment in a building that had fallen into disuse. It could have been a hotel at one point, but was most likely used as the kind of hotel that no one slept at, in the end, though was a good enough base. The top floor was theirs, ensuring that traps were set up to alert them if anyone was trying to get up to them from the other floors, everything set up just the way Violet liked it. She was most likely the most cautious of them, though if she was such then Casey was the brashest, acting without thinking.

"Great, guys," Violet said over the radio. "Take the next left, it's too busy around the clubs to take that route. Almost back home now, you got this."

It was certainly helpful to have eyes on the outside. Casey whooped ahead of him, dropping through the skylight entrance into their hideout onto a soft mat, knees bent, a light in her eyes. Where they might have been spotted along the way, Brian slipped by the notice of bystanders that he didn't want to deal with, though he was sure that her abrasiveness had rendered her in the public eye, during their heist, on more than one occasion.

"Yeah!" She punched the air, a fierce grin on her face, white teeth showing in a flash of brilliance. "We got it! And you thought that the security guards were going to be too quick for me! But you were slow -- that's why they almost caught up with us. If you don't keep your powers active all the time, how do you think you're going to slip by them like they can't see you?"

It was a casual blame, so light and passing that Brian could have let it slide if circumstances had been different. Yet the grime of the heist clung to him in dirt and sweat and his anger rose like a serpent lashing out for the strike.

"Me? What about you? Since when did you go off on your own -- you didn't even listen to Violet!"

Casey scoffed and flipped her hand dismissively.

"Oh, please, as if you ever listen to Violet either. You think you're all that cause you can slip by a few people, big deal. Everyone knows I'm the muscle around here. I could do this whole thing on my own, no problem at all."

That might have been true, though it was sure that it would not have been easy for Casey, as wickedly smart as she was, to go along with her strength. She led the way into the living area as he dropped their haul, all so that it could be counted and divided up later, though Brian could not help anger from boiling in the pit of his stomach, seething and roiling.

"What the actual fuck?" He snarled, confronting her before Casey managed to get to a sofa, the TV dark and their living area somewhat open plan, considering the size of the room they had to deal with. "You take too many fucking risks, Casey! What the hell is wrong with you? It's as if you're trying to get us caught!"

"Whoa, whoa -- it's not that bad!" Violet said, trying to interject, holding up her hands. "I got you out, you got you out -- what's the big deal? No one's going to find us here, Brian, sheesh."

Casey balled up her fists, hair flying about her face, but she had the kind of features that looked pretty even when she was angry.

"If I wanted anyone to get caught I wouldn't be working with you two! You've got to take a risk or two to get a reward, Brian! And you take none of them!"

He flung his arm out, lips twisted into a grimace.

"Yeah, well, I can't fucking tank bullets like you, bitch. You cause such a scene and there'll be a shootout just like that one -- and what are either of you going to do if I get shot down?"

What they did, after all, was far from safe, even as Casey spun on her heel, blonde hair flying around her shoulders.

"Then you should be quicker, Brian! Maybe we shouldn't have recruited you, if you're so hesitant. Maybe this isn't even the line of work you should be in. Think about it."

She stormed off, ignoring him, though that was not all that unusual as she made good a smarter escape than she had from the bank they had robbed, though he was smart enough not to bring that up. That would have only added fuel to the fire and there were some times when that simply could not be done.

In the silence of her departure, the living area stretched out before them, Violet eyeing him as if he was about to explode. She was small, neat and petite, her hair tied back, though many often said she had a doll-like appearance. Able to be cute enough to sway those that didn't know what they were up to and elegant when need called for it, she was better used in more public heists and jobs where they needed a distraction. She was also a highly skilled pickpocket, though that at all didn't come into play with her power, which was something akin to clairvoyance. Even though she could listen to the radio channels to find out where the police were, she could also scout from afar, seeking out the best routes for them, who to avoid, even digging into security systems to sense the needed codes. Whereas Brian's and Casey's powers were, comparatively, quite simple, Violet still hadn't come through to the depths of hers.

"Brian..." Violet shook her head, spreading her hands out, though they didn't have the sort of relationship where they would hug or accept comfort like that. "It's okay, she doesn't mean it. You know what a temper Casey has."

He sighed and shook his head, stepping away. He couldn't deal with her calm, level head right then.

"Yeah, well, she's going to get one of us killed soon," he muttered. "Fuck it. She thinks too much of herself and..."

Frankly, there was more to it than that, though he didn't want to reveal too much. As much as he didn't want to die, Casey herself didn't know how close she'd been to getting caught on the heist -- and probably never would know either. They'd recruited him, yes, but he'd thought they were all slowly becoming friends, Violet as the brains of the operation, always in control, and Casey the muscle, though she was more of a loose cannon, if not usually a hot head. But they were three strong personalities all shoved into close quarters and working closely together, which meant that, sometimes, fur would fly. Seriously, did Violet even actually put a toe out of line? She embodied perfection, never seeming to do a damn thing wrong, which was probably where she contrasted Casey, though Casey could be perkier too. She was nice to look at, Brian had to give her that.

Still, there was too much going on there for him to worry about, needing to blow off some steam. With a sigh, he held his hand up to stave off further softness and reassurance. It was not the time, though he did do his best to give Violet a smile.

"All right... I'm going to chill for a bit, yeah? Thanks, Violet."

She smiled, but her eyes slid off him as he activated his powers as he turned to leave. Of course, her mind connected him with turning to go to actually leaving the room, but Brian never truly left. He merely slipped into his powers, turning them up all the way, no longer slipping around the edges of someone's consciousness but pushing them to the point where she was not aware of him at all. One could say that it had become something of his newest hobby.

He watched her lose interest in where he had been, moseying off after a successful heist to seat herself on the sofa, the orange monstrosity that they kept saying that they would have to replace at some point. It was not that money was tight, more that they never got around to it. But Violet didn't see him, literally as if he was invisible, as if he didn't exist. He hadn't known that he could do that, literally standing in front of someone without them seeing him, until recently, though it seemed to work a lot better on Violet and Casey than it did on anyone else. When he had used it to try to shoplift, it had gone horribly wrong, even though that had just been a test. It could have been him getting used to his powers though, developing them further, like a muscle he needed to train.

His usual "invisibility" did not stretch to voice when he was around others, however, even if he could scream and shout and stomp his feet around his partners without them suspecting anything. Doing the tests had been heart pounding, worrying, though he didn't want to push things too far, in case they noticed something was amiss. If they knew that he could be anywhere he wanted and not have them notice him, more would have been at stake than he could have expected.

Yet frustration was a great stimulus to push those boundaries just a little bit further, to see how far he could go, Violet pausing as she tapped her fingers on her chin, staring right through him.

"Right... What do I need to do now?"

It was cute how she talked to herself, though she flicked on the TV as if she did not need to do anything. That was good, for she did have a bad habit of working very hard at times. If she applied herself to a regular job where she did not even need to use her powers, she could have gone far. His watching of her was almost voyeuristic in how it played out, seeing parts of her and her life that would never have otherwise been revealed to him, not in the slightest way.

But, he was there to blow off some steam, just to see what he could push, what he could do, though he didn't know how far he would go. For a drop of so-called liquid confidence, he flitted off, light on his feet, to the kitchen, grabbing a beer and downing half. At least it was chilled, making the liquid easier to slide down his neck, his gaze returning to Violet where she sat on the sofa, the light of the TV glancing off her pale skin.

He liked watching her like that, her lips soft, no attention on him at all. She could be so composed, so uptight, holding too many tensions in her body. Violet probably didn't even realise that she clenched her jaw hard, but he saw when the tension released, when she was able to relax her jaw and allow it to, finally, soften.

She didn't have to be so hyper-aware, though he settled nearby, watching her. She could be so aware of everything, due to her power, though he liked the thought that his powers trumped hers, were more powerful, even if she did not know that. For there were few in the world who could turn entirely invisible, to all human eyes, if he could continue the progression of his powers.

He settled beside her, poking her face, though that was perhaps not the smartest test to start with. It was a good one though as her cheek indented lightly and she moved away from it, brushing at his hand as if she was moving of her own accord. He had been able to tell, before, that he had to apply a lot of pressure to get Violet to react at all, but she reacted more often to his touch when he did it often, tickling her sides while she laughed.

"Ahahaha!" She giggled, wriggling in place, eyes on the TV. "Sheesh, they're silly..."

He didn't know whether there was anything funny on the TV, but he didn't care either. Anything he did, Violet would interpret as something she did of her own free will, which suited Brian fine. He tugged at her clothes, toying with rolling the hems of her T-shirt sleeves so that they were bunched up, Violet shrugging and rolling her shoulders in reaction. How could she so easily be led to believe that it was all her own doing, her own mind?

Even when he was in front of her, she smiled in response to what was on the TV, some old sitcom that he didn't acre about. It didn't matter that his body was blocking it as he knelt astride her, pulling at the corners of her lips, poking her bare knee where it showed under her skirt. What did she even see as she stared at the TV, not knowing that he was there? Or did her mind fill in the blanks for her, considering that she could still hear it?

It didn't matter, not really, though how it worked was still something that fascinated him. It would most likely have fascinated Violet if she had known what was happening.

He stroked her face, though was light enough that the woman before him did not react at all. She was soft and pliable, as her muscles were his to play with. With a soft smile, Brian cupped her face, standing in front of her, not caring that he was blocking the TV.

"So soft... You're sweet, Violet, do you know that? Probably do..."

If his voice caught her attention in the slightest, she put it down to the TV, forgetting that she had heard him. It was hard for him to say just how much Violet heard, though he had tried speaking to her before when he had been at a distance, changing the volume and tone of his voice to see if she would respond when they were in a quiet room together.

Still, he enjoyed the feel of turning her head back and forth, the lack of resistance making him bolder than ever before. Her eyes remained fixed on the TV the best she could, even with him manipulating her with a low, soft chuckle. One thing that Brian had learned was that someone didn't have to be loud when they were in control. It simply came together exactly the way it was supposed to.

"I think I love you..." He breathed, more confident than ever that he would not be heard, though Brian still could not be completely sure how much he could get away with. "I think I love you so much, Violet. Do you know how hard that is for me to admit?"

He did not know. He could not know.

"I've never been in love with anyone before," he murmured, moving closer so that his face was directly in front of hers, her eyes blinking, staring at the TV. "I want to be with you all the time... You're beautiful. I never would have fallen for someone like you without getting to know them. I should never have been so quick to judge you."

He didn't think he was her type, but that was not something that Brian had to say out loud, not then. He could relax into the moment, knowing that she could not see him, that he was free to confess to her freely. Who knew what could have happened if he said everything to her while she was able to see and hear him? His work as her partner, one of them, at least, would be ruined, if she did not return his feelings. Without knowing for sure, he just didn't dare to reveal all.

Maybe that was why his power had developed as it had.

"You're so beautiful and you work so hard," he said, tracing her features, the line of her nose, across her cheeks, down to her chin. "You need to take a break, more time for yourself. I wish I could see you relaxing more, with us, just as you. You don't need to only be alone to take time for yourself, Violet. You're strong without even realising it and our team would be lost without you."

He did truly believe that, though Casey, most likely, would have disagreed. She always thought that she could bully her way through a lot, though she did have more of a cheerleader's physique, her strength lending itself well to acrobatics as well as raw strength. But Violet hid her powers in her mind, always wandering, always exhausting her, day in and day out.

Minutes passed, longer even. He didn't know how long he stayed there before leaning down for a soft, heartfelt kiss, pouring every drop of his feeling for her into the kiss. Her lips parted almost instinctively against his and a soft whimper escaped her, though it was not related to him. Apparently, something that she had not expected had happened on the TV show she was watching, though Brian liked to imagine that it was all because of him. It made it feel real to him, even when it was not.

He stayed close, inhaling the scent of her red berry perfume, fluttering from the pulse point of her throat. It was as intoxicating as Violet was.

Maybe he really could get away with everything and anything, more so than even Casey thought she could... But he had to be stealthy too, had to do more tests. He wanted to be slow with Violet too, even if he didn't think that she would ever have wanted him if all was revealed. Kneeling before her, he scooted in close to her, parted her legs, brushing her lips just barely with his own as if he was waiting for her to lean into the kiss. He fluttered back and forth there as her lips moved into a smile or a grimace as if he was not there, reacting to the TV. He was only glad that she was not wrapped up in her thoughts.

He stayed there, close, looking into her eyes, taking in her body. Her eyes were blue, her hair a strawberry blonde, not as light as Casey's, though they could never be mistaken for the same person. He had memorised her light, elegant features a hundred times over, fluttering his lips against hers, breath mingling.