Ode To My Mom: 02 Conclusion

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We explain there are many Avon people, families, and other groups in need, so she can speak with Pastor Evans about helping other Church needs. Pastor Evans also has several contacts outside the Church, so there are other areas in which she can financially help. If Solenge has questions about any specific group, she can speak with Asia and me anytime.

If agreeable to them, Pastor Evans will set up a meeting between Solenge and Ginny's Mom, Mavis after Church next Sunday. Solenge can ask Asia and me to join them if she feels more comfortable having us present.

Solenge feels this is a tricky issue, not wanting to needlessly out Ginny and Darla, ruining their friendship. If Mavis truly has a negative view of life, she'll most likely be very defensive being honest in a large group. So, their meeting needs to be one on one after Church Sunday when Mavis may be open to discussing the girl's friendship.

Pastor Evan comments, "I wholly agree with your insight, Solenge, so lets you and I work together setting up a private meeting between you and Mavis after Church in my study."

I glance over at Asia, who tilts her head in a way that only I can read. We like Solenge's no-nonsense attitude, approach, and thought process. No matter the outcome of her meeting with Mavis, we're so bringing her and Darla on board for Phase II.

***

Mavis and Solenge meet Sunday in Pastor Evan's study. He tells Asia and me that at times it sounds a little like World War III, but in the end, the Moms reach an agreement. Their daughters, Ginny and Darla will join the Foundation's Phase I program as best friends, then move on to Phase II.

Both families will join in with other Phase I families at Church on the First Sunday of next month. At that time, THE RHONDA JO ADAMS DANCE-ACADEMIC FOUNDATION's Phase I & II Programs will be unveiled. There'll be a two-hour question and answer session after the program detail briefing.

Our short-term mission priority is having Paul, Allison, Ginny, Darla, Nina, and Cyndie ready to dance in the Smuin Contemporary Ballet Company's Christmas Special 4 months out.

Our second priority is selecting 25 Students for Phase II, along with classrooms for K1-Grade 6 studies at the Vail-Avon Church. We tentatively reserve 15 slots for young girls attending the Vail-Avon Church, leaving 10 slots open for others.

Our final priority is building the Foundation's Dance Studio on or close to the Vail-Avon Community Church property, opening in two years. We'll sign a contract for our needed space for the first 18 to 24 months with the Vail Valley Academy Of Dance, where Asia practices.

So, our vision of opening a Dance/Academic Foundation for girls in financially stressed families, honoring my Mom, Ronnie is coming to fruition.

***

Asia, Me, and the Phase I parents are full speed ahead on training, with the Christmas Dance Special nine weeks out. The six children are fantastic at working together, especially helping Cyndie/Nina read their signals.

There have not been any conflicts between Mavis and Solenge since their meeting, as they're working well together. So, Asia and I are quite happy with Ginny and Darla's progress since both seem to have a natural flair and talent for ballet.

For a change of pace, 7-weeks before the Christmas Special, Asia and I, along with the three Vail girls practice for a week in Denver near Jeff and Marilyn's home. We enjoy our time there, particularly having all six kids in the same place. It also gives us the chance to see up close how Nina/Cyndie's signals are coming along, which is important for the various dance pieces.

Before we depart, Alexis queries Asia and me if it's a good idea for her to invite Solenge and Mavis to dine at Ruth's Chris while their girls are in Denver. We jump right on Alexis's fantastic idea, offering for the Foundation to foot the bill. But Alexis says her RM sees it as a goodwill community/foundation gesture for Ruth's Chris to comp the evening, including Uber.

Alexis'll schedule herself for a half Floor Manager shift that evening, allowing Solenge and Mavis lots of one on one time to socialize. She'll occasionally join Mavis and Solenge, relaxing with a sip of wine, and seeing how the evening's going.

RUTH'S CHRIS: SOLENGE POV

I'm loving working with Allison, Ginny, and my baby girl helping them practice their routines, which are short and repetitive keying on precision. Asia and Beth are World Class Ballerinas, but truly wholesome human beings as well. I'm so excited about Beth mentioning she and Asia want me to be more active in foundation operations.

I fully understand why Pastor Evans is sold on the two of them. He's completely unconcerned with their being an engaged same-sex couple, hoping they'll ask him to marry them. Asia and Beth hold Pastor Evans in the highest regard, and I feel there's no question about him marrying them at our Church next year.

Alexis hits me with my second tricky task, convincing Mavis to come to dinner at Ruth's Chris when our girls are practicing in Denver. Mavis and I are enjoying working with the three Vail girls, so I don't want to rock the boat, pressuring her about an evening out. Just as I'm ready to jump in the fire and start the ball rolling, a worried Mavis asks if we can speak privately.

Thinking to myself this is the perfect opening, "Mavis, the girls are away for a week and you're off for 2 days, so if you like we can talk at my place."

I see a small frown so add quickly, "I'm offering my place to talk since you seem tense, so I feel you want real privacy. Of course, we can talk someplace else if you'll be more comfortable."

Mavis smiles weakly, "You're right Solenge, your place is more private, but I'd like to shower and change, from just completing a double shift at the two shops."

I quickly offer, "Look Mavis, we are similar sizes and I have an en suite GBR, where you can shower in privacy and change into one of my short sets. You can return them to me the next time we see each other."

Mavis looks sad, "Is it okay if I ride with you, then take a taxi or something home from your place?"

I agree and we leave the sports shop, where we're checking out dance outfits for the girls. Mavis loosens up more during the drive home, so I take a risk once we're home. While showing her the GBR, we stop in my MBR and find a new unopened shorts/blouse set hanging in the closet.

Handing her the set, "Mavis, our girls are truly best friends after a year in school together and we barely know each other. They're away for a week, so I'm inviting you to stay here tonight since we're dining at Ruth Chris tomorrow night."

I add, "Think about it while you shower and change. There're towels, soap, shampoo, and basic cosmetics in the bath, so use whatever you want. I'll make a light snack of ham & cheese sandwiches, along with chips and a glass of wine. We can talk casually while snacking after your shower."

Mavis comes out about 45 minutes later, looking cute in my shorts set. I've also changed into shorts, sans the shower, since I had an easy day. I suggest we talk a little first enjoying a sip of our Fume Blanc.

Mavis haltingly, "Wow, thanks Solenge this wine's very nice. I'm that Alexis invites us to Ruth's Chris for dinner, but I've never been to an expensive restaurant like this. I know we're not paying because Alexis's RM wants to support our foundation which is great of him. But, I do not have nice evening dresses or anything else to wear. I want so much to go and enjoy dinner at a great restaurant for the first time in my life."

I say to myself, "Be cautious Solenge, suggesting one quick fix could be her staying here for two nights." Knowing Mavis has a fixation on her being in or close to poverty, I tread carefully.

So, I hastily add, "If you stay here tonight, we can do each other hair tomorrow afternoon. You can also raid my closet for something your color and size to wear since we're similarly built.

"I've not gone out socially since being widowed, so it'll be good for me to go with you, to Alexis restaurant. It's been nearly five years, but I'm still not ready to date or have someone try picking me up or offer me a drink.

"So, if you stay here, we'll help each other, with you raiding my closet, and my having a friend to enjoy dinner with. We'll be two lovely Moms enjoying dinner while our girls are in Denver practicing ballet with friends," I conclude.

Mavis smiles softly, "Okay, Solenge, let's do it, especially me staying here for two nights because I do not like coming home late at night where I live. I want to look nice at Alexis's restaurant, but do not have money to buy a new outfit."

I want to ask more about Mavis and Ginny's living situation, but wisely keep my mouth shut, saving this question for another time. We've moved our connection from acquaintances via our girls, to nearly the comfort level of new friends, which pleases me.

Finishing our snack, and a glass of wine after talking earnestly, I ask Mavis if she's tired and wants to hit the sack early or watch a movie. She's exhausted from her double-double shift workday(s) and wants to crash soon.

My eyes light up, "Want to say hello to our girls, and tell them about dinner tomorrow night before crashing?"

Mavis jumps up smiling prettily, "Oh Solenge, that's a great idea telling the girls about us going out to Ruth's Chris tomorrow night."

Mavis crashes after our twenty-minute talk with the 5 girls and Paul. Quietly, I phone Alexis from my bedroom excitedly telling her about Mavis opening up with me tonight, and staying here for the next two days.

***

Meanwhile, in Denver, both adults and kids are abuzz with joy about Mavis's and Solenge calling them from Darla's home.

Ginny tells everyone, "Wow, I've never heard my Mom sound so happy before. Darla's Mom, Solenge is joking and laughing with my Mom while we're talking like the two of them are good friends."

Darla says, "Maybe our Moms and us can all be friends, then we can spend more time together."

I glance at Asia, "Okay Ginny and Darla, do not be too pushy with your Moms. Give them time and space to adjust to each other, before making big plans for the four of you. Mavis and Solenge may be lonely for an adult friend, as they're very good and dedicated Moms. So quietly watch them next week after we're back in Vail."

Asia adds, "Your Moms love you, but have not enjoyed much adult company for years. If they open up about the four of you doing something together, be very excited even if it's not your favorite thing. I certainly feel tonight proves Ginny's Mom, Mavis is not mean or a racist. Her happiness with Solenge's friendship almost jumps out of the phone at us.

"Remember, you'll have lots of time together in Vail practicing for the Christmas Special. So maybe one day, Darla suggests stopping at their place to shower, relax, and maybe enjoy a snack together"

Marilyn stresses, "Beth is correct in the importance of watching your Moms when you're alone with them. See how they relate to each other in a relaxing situation, like laughing or touching an arm when talking."

Jeff quietly adds, "Since neither Mavis nor Solenge dates anyone, a close friendship with another adult will be nice, especially since you two are best buds. Just let life go easy, and sometimes say to your Moms, wow, it's so much fun with us doing things together like a family."

***

PRACTICE INSTRUCTIONS: ASIA POV

I giggle, "Enough of this matchmaking stuff as we need more practice time with the six of us here in Denver. Beth will work with Nina and Cyndie on their dance signal timing(s). These two are so stoked about dancing ballet together, almost as if they're twins.

"Nina will use a Math Type (Shorthand/Morse Code) formatted by Beth to give Cyndie brief directions with taps on her shoulder. Nina's code tells Cyndie left or right, slow or fast when she's behind her. But when they're facing each other in a jump, twirl, spin, or twist, a quick sign or eye movement works okay. Nina can also use this code to help keep Cyndie on the beat when the Orchestra plays lengthy pieces.

"So, Nina and Cyndie will always dance as a pair, with lots of repeat jumps (Glissade/Jeté), spins (Pirouette/ Jeté Battu), and twirls (Fouetté/Twiddle). Repetition of these 3-basic movements will be Cyndie's strength in developing rhythm since she can't hear the music. Nina loves Cyndie dearly and will always guide her during the performance(s).

"Paul/Allision are the Prima-Pair, then Ginny/Darla and Nina/Cyndie. I know these endless practices are tiring and often boring, but will be fully worth it when you get a standing ovation in San Francisco on Christmas Eve."

***

FUN AND DINNER IN VAIL: SOLENGE POV

It's early Thursday evening in Vail, with Mavis and I finishing a glass of Fume Blanc in my living room. The past two days are eye-opening, as I certainly enjoy Mavis staying in my home. If dinner goes well, our friendship will solidify even more, making our girls as happy as a Georgia Peach.

Mavis and I are so similar in basic size that she has several of my dresses to select from. In our earlier Denver phone call, Darla and Ginny pushes us to wear fairly short little hot dresses from my old wardrobe because we are going to a fabulous place. I'm a little skeptical since I've not worn any of these dresses as a widow.

Then, I think maybe it's time for a new me, and convince Mavis to follow our daughter's orders. I choose a fairly short Ice Blue mini and Mavis takes a similar length mini, hers Bright Orange. I have two Black Clutches, but Mavis needs new lingerie and shoes, so we traipse over to a nice mid-price range lady's shop, both going for Black Holdups and Tanga Undies, with knock-off black 2" heels.

We dress separately, but are back and forth between the two bedrooms, my helping Mavis with snaps, zippers, or something. We touch up our hair and use a light cosmetic cover in my bedroom, so we're looking pretty hot.

Coming downstairs, Mavis grabs my arm, "Solenge, I'm so scared, never having been dressed so nicely before and eating at an expensive restaurant. Our dresses seem much shorter than on the hanger, so we'll stay very close while out tonight. Also, can we please have a strong drink of anything to help build my courage?"

Smiling at her, "I do not keep much alcohol at home, Mavis, so let's have a glass of wine here to settle your nerves. We'll have a Singapore Sling in Ruth's Chris lounge, asking the bartender to make it nice n strong, pouring it into separate tall glasses. We can sip our drinks in the lounge for 10 or 15 minutes, then move to the table.

We're now in Ruth's Chris lounge at a cozy table, sipping strong tasty Singapore Slings. Mavis squeals softly in glee, "Oh thanks Solenge, these drinks are so good, I may have another."

Smirking, I pat Mavis's knee, "Don't drink it too fast girl, Singapore Slings are fruity and delicious, but are famous for Kicking Like A Mule!"

Before Mavis answers I hear Alexis screaming, "Oh My God! They told me two models are here for dinner, and I now see why. Stand up so I can see all of you two, wow, you ladies look so hot tonight, showing a lot of legs!"

Alexis takes us to our dinner table in a quiet corner, the three of us receiving hard stares from a few males, but we're not interested. Mavis is talking a mile a minute, telling Alexis how wonderful I've treated her for the past two days, and she's also staying over tonight.

Tearing up, Mavis hugs me, "Thanks so much Solenge, and you to Alexis, because I've never had any friends like you ladies before. You're caring and kind treating me as an equal, even with my not having a lot of money or social status."

I hug Mavis back, "You're my first real adult company in the nearly five years since my husband's death. We have so much fun today, messing up the kitchen making breakfast, and talking all day as we shop for tonight's lingerie. I hope we spend lots of time together in the future, especially with our girls."

Mavis answers, "Let's eat, drink, and make merry tonight, then we'll talk about sealing our long friendship tomorrow;" as she's now in love with Singapore Slings. I think Mavis is already feeling its punch, but we're not driving so will fully enjoy ourselves.

Our evening at Ruth's Chris is beautiful with the cook preparing a delicious medley of his special dishes. Alexis thinks this is the best choice for us since her RM's comping our evening. So, Mavis and I share mini-portions of these outstanding fixings, with nothing going to waste.

Sneakily, I glance a Mavis when she's talking to Alexis or one of the servers, realizing she's gorgeous when smiling. Later, she goes to the lady's room to freshen up and Alexis scurries over;

"Solenge, I plan to hang out with you and Mavis at your place after finishing this mini-shift but change my mind. Mavis is so relaxed with you in a way I've never seen, so you two should continue having fun alone at home.

"One of the servers I've known for ages, suggests we celebrate a little tonight with Allison away for the week. She's good people and we never have time to relax away from work. So, I invite her to stay at my place tonight, drink a little wine, catch up, and gossip like crazy."

Mavis and I dine for nearly three hours enjoying our first time out socially. She's a good soul once letting her guard down. Maybe she's been burned along the way by so-called friends and built this impenetrable wall protecting herself from pain.

Giggling like a schoolgirl, Mavis whispers, "Do you think Alexis can pack us one of those Singapore Slings in the to-go box and we enjoy it at home."

Grinning, "Okay with me Mavis, and I'll ask Alexis. But that means we'll have to keep on partying at home for a couple more hours since we'll be so buzzed."

Mavis squeals happily, "I'm all in for partying more at home with you Solenge because you're so much fun. Tonight's the best time I've ever had in my life. Before I leave tomorrow, I want to talk seriously about one or two things in the afternoon."

I come back, "The girls are away practicing for another two days, why don't you take tomorrow night off, staying at my place an extra night? You think about it since we can party hard tonight, sleep in late tomorrow, and eat a light brunch at noon. We will have all day to chat, and make a nice at-home dinner tomorrow night."

Mavis looks pensive, "I'd love to stay another night getting to know you more, maybe becoming good friends. My money's tight, so I'll need to see if I can take another night off. We'll see what happens after waking up tomorrow, but for tonight let's keep our party going.

Mavis is a motor mouth all the way home and gives me a super hug, the minute we close my door. "From day one at Church when you read me the riot act on our girls, you've never looked down on me for being poor. Your respect for me as a person and friend has given me the desire and confidence to try new things, improving my outlook on life."

"Now Bring On The Singapore Slings!" yells Mavis with a wink.

Enjoying our Singapore Slings, we sit close on the couch talking softly listening to soul love songs. After sipping on our strong drinks for a while, we're kind of mellow. Mavis jumps up saying I wanna dance, so we slow-drag holding each other close.

We quietly hug and dance for several songs, not as lovers, but more like two ladies just released from prison, getting our first taste of freedom after many years. I guess in some way(s) that's true since this is both our first nights out socially in many years. I now fully realize Mavis has been a wonderful Mom to Ginny, as I have to Darla.

So, now drunk and wobbly after dancing, we slide down on the couch giggling like 3-year-olds, easily hugging and kissing on the cheeks. I look down and our dresses are now above the hold-ups elastic band, our warm thighs gently touching.