Ode To My Mom: 03 Sequel - Solenge and Mavis

Story Info
Mothers of two young Ballet dance students fall in love.
14.9k words
4.79
3.7k
5
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Prologue:

This story 03: is a sequel, with only two new characters, Celestine and Elizabeth (Liz). So, to fully understand and enjoy this story, one should have read Ode To My Mom: 01 & 02!

The 03 Sequel, Solenge, and Mavis's story is a Slowburn Lesbian Romance tale, with a storyline similar to most of my previous Literotica submissions. In Part 01, two adult ladies who are intense dance adversaries in their youth meet again nearly 12 years later in a stressful abduction and escape, eventually falling in love.

This Sequel's primary focus is on Solenge and Mavis, who meet early in part 02-Conclusion. Their eight-year-old daughters, Darla and Ginny, want to be ballet partners in a special foundation dance program but need their Moms' approval.

The story has a reflection section on Solenge and Mavis's lives before they meet. Much of Solenge's background is in part 02, so most of the reflection concerns Mavis's life.

Children are fully integrated into 01-Introduction, 02-Conclusion, and 03-Sequel. As always in my stories, there's limited sexual activity when children are close by. Also, as a general rule, little or no alcohol is consumed when children are present.

All descriptive sex in this story is lesbian, with young ladies aged 21 or older. Some explicit lesbian sexual activities may feature a strong-willed but loving woman as the definite TOP controlling the action, along with playful and/or firm spanking.

SPECIAL NOTE:

Ode to Candy_Kane54 (CK), My Mentor & LIT-Friend!

This is my 38th LIT Story since 06 MAR 2021, which is only possible because of CK's dedication to helping me improve my erotic story writing. She continually offered encouragement when I was close to pulling the plug and giving up.

Many excellent authors are on the LIT Site, and I feel CK is in the top five. I love her stories and writing style so am fortunate she said yes to helping me. I usually read each new CK story within 24 hours of being published, and am patiently waiting for 'Morning Glory' (more about Glory)!

Thanks, A Million CK!

This and all Billyslate stories are 100% Fiction in every aspect.

Edited By Billyslate/Grammarly

I'm Solenge Ward-Emerson and exhausted. Me, Mavis, and our girls, Darla and Ginny move into our newly built home midway between Vail and Avon, CO. It's a double move since I sold my older home, and then Mavis and I jointly build the new home.

We pack our old home, move 10 miles, and then unpack into our new home. Previously, eighteen months ago, Mavis and Ginny moved from their tiny apartment to live with Darla and me in our old place, while our new home is being built. So, it's been three moves in the past eighteen months.

Soon, Alexis, Celestine, Allison, and Liz will move in, after their Townhouse lease ends. You'll learn more about how our lives evolve further in the story, but Mavis and I are now married with 9-year-old daughters, Darla and Ginny.

Alexis and Celestine are also married, with daughters, Allison, nearly 11, and Elizabeth (Liz) 7. Our home is designed for two families, sharing mutual areas, such as the Kitchen/Dining/ Living Room, Den/Lounge, Laundry, and Exercise rooms.

Jeff and Marilyn Addison, and their kids Paul, 11, Nina, and Cyndie 7 are moving from Denver into this same Avon neighborhood. My wife Mavis is coordinating both corporate and personal moves, as she's the Office Manager, reporting to CEO, Jeff Addison.

Jeff and Mavis work for a special Division of the Colorado Energy Consortium, with their New HQ Campus located down the road two miles closer to Avon.

Other members of our closely associated business group(s), Asia, Beth, and Jeff's wife, Marilyn are affiliated with the RHONDA JO ADAMS DANCE-ACADEMIC FOUNDATION. The Foundation's HQ is also located on the Energy Consortium's Campus.

I'm mostly a homemaker but am a Board Member of both The Energy Consortium and the Academic Foundation. Mavis and I were a bit rocky when first meeting, then became close friends before we started dating and marrying mainly because of our daughters' love of ballet.

Beth and Asia are exceptional Ballerinas, with Asia a Primadonna at the Smuin Contemporary Ballet Company, SF, CA. They start the ballet youth group, then marry and continue to live in the seven-room Vail Condo Beth inherits from her Mom, Ronnie.

Both ladies travel frequently, either dancing Ballet in San Francisco or Researching New Power Line Placements in the Western Colorado Mountains, so, the Vail condo is their main residence for the near future.

At this point in Asia and Beth's careers, children are likely to be 4 to 5 years out, due to contractual obligations requiring their extensive travel. Both ladies love children and are Christian Godmoms to Darla, Ginny, Allison, Paul, Nina, and Cyndie of the ballet group, as well as Liz who's new.

***

MAVIS AND MY ROAD TO THIS POINT IN OUR LIVES:

SOLENGE WARD-EMERSON: POV

I'm widowed with a nine-year-old daughter, Darla, our recent history is well detailed in 02-Conclusion.

Briefly, I'm a native of Providence, RI, with a small nuclear family, both my parents deceased. My parents were upper middle class and we had a nice life but weren't rich.

Staying home for college, I studied Business Administration at Brown University on an Academic Scholarship, meeting my late husband Scott as a junior. We got married after graduating, so being an avid skier, and a frequent hunter, Scott accepts a great job in Vail.

We settle in Avon, CO, an 8-mile drive to Vail. Avon real estate prices are much lower and a great value for the money, when compared to Vail. Avon continues to be heavily populated by workers commuting daily to and from Vail.

Our, daughter, Darla, was born two years after our move to Avon and 4 years old when Scott died in a hunting accident. He'd been dead for four years when my Darla met Mavis's daughter, Ginny in third grade, also 8 years old. They click instantly despite major racial and family economic differences. So, Mavis and I are drawn into our friendship by our girls' love of modern dance and ballet.

***

MAVIS JANE WARD-EMERSON: POV SOLENGE -TALKS WITH MAVIS:

Mavis and I became best friends talking constantly and I gradually learned her life history, but we didn't start as such.

According to Pastor Evans, Mavis and My first meeting in his study after Church on a Sunday afternoon is like a World War (WW III). We're screaming, stomping, pounding on tables, you name it and we did it.

How Did Mavis And I Arrive At Nearly Starting WW III In Pastor Evan's Office?

Mavis's birth home is a farming community in Western, AR (Springdale), HQ of Tysons Chickens, nearly 250 miles due south of Kansas City, MO. Western Arkansas has always been considered fairly racist, including Bentonville, home of Walmart.

Mavis is determined to escape Western, AR the first chance she gets, which comes after graduating High School. Mavis dates HS senior, Tommy Joe Williams who wants to check out Vail, CO, looking for work there.

Mavis decides to go along, running off with Tommy, and not telling her parents. Mavis graduates from high school with average grades except for Math, in which she naturally excels. So, of course, Mom/Dad wanted Mavis to run the business management part of the farm, the reason she sneaks away.

Tommy and Mavis rent a cheap efficiency apartment in Avon where most Vail daily workers live. Tommy quickly gets work in Vail on the ski lifts, but there's no decent paying work there for Mavis, except hotel/condo housekeeping which she hates. So, Mavis visits several small Mom/Dad type shops in Avon, offering to help with their bookkeeping on an as-needed basis.

She finds day work keeping the books and inventory in a few of the small shops that pay decently. Mavis is busiest during the end-of-quarter, when reports, such as Income Taxes, FICA, Workers Comp, Insurance, and the like are due. So, combined with Tommy's ski lift pay, they live pretty well.

Much of Mavis's pay is off the books which helps with extra expenses, and the small shops like her work ethic. Unfortunately, she got pregnant 16 months after moving to Avon. So, having been in Colorado, for just a little over two years, Mavis delivers a baby girl, Virginia (Ginny) Lee Ward.

Since Tommy wasn't stable or the husband type, the two of them never married, with Tommy bailing on Mavis just before Ginny's 3rd Birthday. The next few years are tough on Mavis, having to wholly support Ginny with just her daywork pay.

Luckily, some of her bookkeeping customers are small sandwich and coffee shops, second-hand clothing stores, local hardware stores, and the like. When Mavis keeps books or does inventory after hours, most shops let her bring Ginny along, who reads and studies, often falling asleep while Mommy works.

Mom and her daughter, Ginny are poor but not hungry, usually eating free in her food shop accounts. Mavis also gets most of their clothing from second-hand shops in exchange for helping with their books, sorting/cleaning the clothing donations, and stocking aisles.

Mavis's first real break comes when she meets Pastor Raymond Enoris Evans at the local hardware store. He'd recently moved from New Mexico to Colorado as Pastor of the Vail-Avon Methodist Episcopal Church. The hardware store owner raves about Mavis's work over the past few years, so Pastor Evans hires her to keep the Church's books for ten hours weekly.

Pastor Evans quickly realizes that Mavis is an angry young lady. She's mad at the world because of her poverty, in Arkansas and now Colorado. Mavis also slips up, sometimes using coarse language but has a good heart.

After Ginny starts first grade at the Avon Elementary School, Mavis's anger becomes a bit too much, even for the very patient Pastor. He's at his wit's end with her situation but knows Mavis desperately needs the Church's pay to help her and Ginny survive.

At the same time, Pastor Evans, a progressive Minister, is battling the Methodist Church's Hierarchy, finally revoking his Church's affiliation with the National United Methodist Church (NUMC).

His Church is now independent, the Vail-Avon Community Church. So, the Pastor has a lot on his plate and loses track of Mavis's constant insecurity issues. He's also actively growing the Church, no longer being hamstrung by many of the NUMC Archaic rules.

***

It all comes to a boil when Alexis Jensen's daughter, Allison 8, brings two guests for Sunday Church Services who are famous ballerinas. Pastor Evans is 100% certain the ballerinas, Asia, and Beth are a lesbian couple, but very nice and somewhat spiritual ladies.

The ballerinas are funding a Dance/Academic Foundation for girls in poverty and/or low-income families and are keen to affiliate with his Church. Participation in the Foundation's programs is FREE and Asia/Beth will reserve a certain number of slots for income-level qualifying girls attending Pastor Evans's Church.

Word gets out in the congregation, so one Sunday after Church, Mavis's daughter, Ginny, 8 years old, breathlessly asks to speak with Pastor Evans. She plans to join that New Dance Foundation everyone is talking about, but wants to bring her friend Darla.

Perplexed, Pastor Evans asks Ginny, "Who's Darla, I don't anyone by that name attending our Church?"

Ginny grins, "Pastor Evans, don't you remember my 8-year-old white friend, Darla, from school who visited our Church two weeks ago? It seems like everyone else does, because she's white, and you know my Mom."

So, Mavis and I, meet at Church because of our girls, Darla and Ginny's friendship and love of ballet!

***

BATTLE ROYAL WW III

I met the two, World Class Ballerinas, Asia/Beth one Saturday at their condo. Pastor Evans and, Alexis, the Mom of another dance student, named Allison were also present. My daughter, Darla, and Allison visit the Condo play areas to hang out while we four adults talk, me learning the exciting details of this fantastic foundation project.

Finally, I agree to Darla joining the dance program as Ginny's best friend. But need to meet with Ginny's Mom, Mavis, and convince her to let Ginny and Darla partner in the Phase I Program. There'll be a total of six students, including my Darla, accepted into the first phase of the Dance and Academic Foundation program.

Two weeks later I'm in Pastor Evans's Church Study, and meet this grimacing black woman who's slim and quite attractive when smiling, about 27 or 28.

Before, I can introduce myself:

She yells, "Who are you lady and why are we meeting in the Pastor's study, you trying to take away my job?"

I'm a little ticked off, but Pastor Evans warns me to probably expect some anger from her. "I'm Solenge Emerson and my daughter, Darla, is friends with your little girl, Ginny, from the elementary school."

She screams, "What the hell are you talking about lady, my Ginny doesn't have any friends at that Crappy School, especially, a white girl?"

I'm pissed now, getting up and close in her face, "Ms. Mavis Jane Ward, please be quiet and listen to me," slamming a folder with four pictures on the small work table.

One photo is her Ginny and my Darla laughing and talking at Church. The three other photos are from various places at school, a classroom, a playground, and the cafeteria.

Mavis hollers stomping her foot, "You get the hell out of my face lady, and where did you get those pictures of my daughter?"

I realize we're both losing it since I haven't been this angry in four long years. That's when I learn my darling Scott's dead because his lazy freaking hunting buddy had a round chambered but didn't have the safety on his rifle when he tripped, killing Scott.

My voice grating, "Mavis, do you love your daughter Ginny? Because I love my Darla, and we must accept as a fact they're best friends! So, you and I have to talk about this situation like adult moms, for our daughters' sake."

Mavis deflates whining, "I don't understand what's happening in my life. I always lose everything I love and now my little girl?"

Me stunned, "Mavis, are you saying you're losing Ginny because she likes my little girl Darla, who's white? You have some seriously crazy issues about life that I can't relate to, so please just sit and listen for now.

"I explain the Dance Foundation in detail, with Asia/Beth being World-Class Ballerinas, now affiliating with our Church. There's one final opening in the limited Phase I plan, and Ginny's been selected. She's allowed to bring a dance partner, either a sibling or best friend, and wants it to be my daughter, Darla.

"If you truly love Ginny like I feel you do, you must say yes to the great opportunity for her to train in advanced dance and academics with two outstanding ballerinas.

One, ballerina, Beth has a Master's Degree in Mathematical Engineering from the Colorado School of Mines, so there will also be advanced Academic Math Studies for the dance students. Additionally, Asia, one of the top five ballerinas worldwide, graduated from The Juilliard School.

Mavis's eyes widen in surprise, "Solenge, what do you mean by advanced dance academic math training?"

Exasperated, I yell, "Mavis, you must listen to me! Our girls and the other students will be challenged to excel in Ballet and Academics, especially advanced MATH.

"You and I need to walk out of this office as loving moms to our girls and tell Pastor Evans YES, we'll work together as a team. Two Sundays from now, the six Phase I Students, their Parents, and Primadonna Ballerinas, Asia/Beth will sit together, with Pastor Evans officially announcing the Foundation's NEW Dance and Academic Program.

"Asia and Beth will introduce the Phase I students, all affiliated with the Vail-Avon Community Church. After the Foundation announcement when daily practices and advanced studies start, you and I will talk more, hopefully becoming friends like our daughters.

"I know you have financial issues, but everyone has life issues of some kind, as I'm a 31-year-old widow rearing my daughter alone. Since meeting your Ginny, my Darla has been the happiest she's been in four years, after her Daddy's tragic death.

Your Ginny's also very happy with their friendship. We both love our girls and should try our best to help them enjoy their young lives. I walk over and tenderly hug Mavis, "Can we work together in peace for our daughters?"

I hear a faint "Yes," as she lightly returns my hug.

***

NEW YEAR SURPRISE(S):

The Foundation now has six dancers, Paul, Allison, Nina, Cyndie, Ginny, and my Darla. The kids go full steam ahead on practices preparing for the Christmas Eve Show in San Francisco, which they torched.

Our lives change dramatically with the San Francisco Christmas Ballet Special, Disney, and Napa vacations.

Jeff, Marilyn, Nina, and Cyndie return home to Denver on Christmas Night, so the two 6-year-old sisters can see what Santa brings. Both girls are as happy as peas in a pod being new sisters, loving having Mom/Dad all to themselves for a whole week.

On Christmas Day, Darla, Ginny, Allison Paul, Mavis and I travel to Disneyland for a week. We then join the rest of our group in Denver late afternoon, New Year's Day at Jeff/Marilyn's home.

Alexis, Allison's Mom, had to go back to Vail on Christmas Day, preparing Ruth's Chris for a crazy New Year's Holiday week business run. The NY rush is now finished, so Alexis arrives from Vail at midday, with Asia/Beth coming in from Napa early evening.

So, the gang's all here in Denver for our NY feast, seemingly all with startling news so we quickly lay out our January plans.

***

Asia and Beth need to assess a potential Powerline placement for the next three weeks. They'll also need to start work on the Smuin Ballet Dance Series 2 (Spring) program, which will keep them busy.

Alexis needs to inventory and restock Ruth's Chris from the frantic Christmas/NY holiday business. She also needs time to work on her travel schedules for the two new remote restaurants. Alexis hopes to have both eateries fully operational by Easter and Mother's Day, two of the busiest days of the year for restaurants.

Initially, when Alexis, travels, Allison will stay with us, occasionally visiting Jeff/Marilyn's family in Denver for a long weekend.

Mavis and I are responsible for scouting out large land parcels to purchase in Avon for building a nice campus housing our two HQs. We'll also visit new home developments, viewing lots for building private residences. It's an exciting time, with Mavis walking on air after learning her new Energy Consortium Office Manager job's salary represents a 300% annual pay increase over her day work.

Jeff and Marilyn will mostly stay in Denver, holding the fort, while we all scramble to open our NEW Avon Facility(s) in 12 to 18 Months. Some of us also need to buy or build new private residences, so this Denver to Avon relocation is a daunting task.

***

Mavis and Ginny quickly move in with us once we're back in Avon after the New Year's dinner at Jeff/Marilyn's home. On 15 JAN, we hastily collect Mavis and Ginny's unique personal items from her efficiency apartment, trashing most everything else.

My home has an ensuite MBR, where I stay, with my daughter Darla often joining me to sleep. There's also an ensuite GBR, which Mavis will use until we build our new home closer to the Energy Consortium/Foundation HQs.

It also has two good-sized bedrooms on the split level, with full baths nearby. Ginny and Darla bogart the larger bedroom with a huge bath directly across the hall. So, the two of them are now busily redoing the closets as they unpack and hang Ginny's clothes.