Oilfield Trash Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jake thought they had gone searching for lost animals but instead their journey took them to another small pen about thirty minutes away. In a state of disrepair, they worked on it for almost three hours before heading back, arriving to find everyone sitting at the fire. Thombo was speaking animatedly as the two black women laughed while Helen looked on with bemusement.

"Where did you go?" she asked, jumping to her feet as soon as she spotted them.

"We worked on some cattle pens. Not too far from here," her husband explained.

"You should have told me. I would have gone," she replied, and before he could answer, she added, "I'm tired of sitting around."

"I know... I didn't realize what was up until we were too far away," he responded.

The message seemed to placate her and with Kozo back, the women began to prepare a meal. The American couple, realizing the rations were short, pulled some snacks from their bag, but the looks of interest they received made them offer them to the group, and they ended up having a mixed lunch. Afterward, Jake spent some time trying to communicate to Kozo that they wanted to see something interesting, and although difficult, he thought he finally got traction. Thirty minutes later, with the black man leading and Badina joining, they set off and after hiking for twenty minutes, they arrived at the rim of a small canyon. Although not particularly special, they felt it was worth the short walk and after returning to the camp, they excused themselves to rest.

"It's amazing they can go about their day and not get bored. I think I'd go mad if I was here too long," Helen offered.

"Trust me, I know. That's how I ended up here the first time. I couldn't sit around anymore," her husband replied.

"Maybe that's why they have their custom," she giggled after a short silence.

"Maybe," Jake answered and then said, "Let's sleep a little."

Later, they joined the others at the campfire and watched as the women prepared the evening meal while Kozo worked on a leather satchel and Thombo smoked from a pipe. The smoke from the burning substance was harsh and Jake made a mental note to ask Oma about it when they returned. After sharing the food, the beer appeared, and any hope that the prior night's situation wouldn't occur vanished when he saw the looks coming from both Kozo and his wife. Sitting next to each other, they stared at the American couple with an eagerness that bordered on lust, and several times, it looked like the woman's nipples stiffened. Adding to the awkwardness was the laughter coming from Thombo and Badina who seemed to be cheering on their friends. Although Jake dared not look at his wife, he knew she had to be fully aware of the situation, and prayed she wouldn't make the disastrous final connection.

Twice, utilizing facial expressions, Jake tried to discreetly warn Kozo off but the communication didn't work with the man's boiling blood. Making things worse were the looks from Sualala which had somehow morphed from coy to open flirtation. He hoped it was just his guilt working on him but he felt they indicated a history. Finally, the tension became too difficult to bear and Jake took his wife by the arm and indicated they were going to their hut.

"Damn, that was something. Did you see those looks?" Helen whispered when they sat.

"Well, they don't see many foreigners," Jake answered hoping to reduce it.

"I guess not but...are we safe?" she giggled.

"C'mon, it wasn't that bad..." he started.

"Not bad? Honey, it was intense! Even the other two...Badina...Thombo... They were excited," she interrupted, accurately assessing the vibe.

"Let's go to sleep. I'm tired," Jake tried.

His wife went silent but Jake knew something was on her mind and she finally asked, "What happened last time?"

"I told you...nothing. It's 'cause you're here," he lied.

Again, she became silent a time before asking, "Nothing? Truly nothing? "

"Yes," he confirmed.

"Those weren't nothing looks," she countered making Jake cringe as he realized her mind was slotting in the pieces to the puzzle.

"You got looks, too," he responded and before she could speak, he said, "Let's go to sleep."

The small hut was silent save for the occasional voice from outside but just when Jake thought he might have made it, Helen said in a tiny voice, "Something happened."

Kozo woke the young couple early the next morning and when they realized he planned to herd two cows back with them they understood the need for an early departure. Just as they prepared to start, Sualala appeared with her infant in a shoulder sling. For a moment, Jake thought she just wanted to say goodbye but it soon became apparent that she would accompany them on the journey, and a feeling of foreboding swept through his body.

The slow pace offered much time to reflect and by his wife's silence, he knew she was deep in thought as well. Kozo's attention was on the animals and for a time, Sualala tried to walk with him, but she slowly drifted towards the American couple. Her close presence increased the young man's tension and after receiving several playful glances when he looked her way, he forced his eyes straight ahead. Finally, they spotted the village and when they arrived, the American couple quickly separated and headed for their tent.

As soon as the flap fell, Helen undressed and immediately began to clean her body with a handful of wipes. Jake soon joined her and once finished, with both naked in the close confines, he reached out and pulled her close. He kissed her, hoping to get something started, but the stiffness of her body told him he was in trouble.

"What's wrong?" he asked, although he suspected the cause.

"I don't think you're telling me everything," she replied, looking at him defiantly.

"C'mon...let's make love," he countered.

"Later...I want to rest," she responded, twisting from his arms.

Helen fell to her cot and after staring at her for several seconds, Jake dressed and left the tent, finding Oma standing close by. With a nod, he indicated they should move away, and when they were out of earshot he turned to speak to the black man.

"Kozo and his wife tried to swap like we thought. It was really awkward...too awkward and Helen is very suspicious," he explained.

"What made her suspicious?" Oma asked.

"Sualala...she...she had this look. It's hard to explain but Helen picked up on it," he replied.

"Hmmm...you must have made an impression on her or perhaps it's because you're a westerner. Normally, it's not...there are not those feelings," he explained.

"I don't know what to say to that but she had a strange look," Jake said.

"What's your suggestion?" Oma asked.

"Let it die. Here in the bigger village...and try to keep her away from Sualala," he replied.

Later, Jake tried again to interest his wife in sex but she declined. He didn't push, concerned that doing so would make him look guilty, and after an early dinner, they both went to bed.

The next morning, Jake huddled with Oma to discuss strategy and barely noticed when his wife left the tent to wander the village. Two hours later, when they stopped for a break, he realized she hadn't returned so he set off to find her. It only took a few minutes before he spotted her in a group of five women seated outside the well-adorned hut of the tribe's medicine woman. Unfortunately, Sualala was in the group as well, and unsure as to how to proceed, he returned to Oma.

"Helen is in a group of women with Sualala at the doctor's...medicine woman's hut," he said, and after a pause, he added, "I'm worried about trying to get her away...I'll look bad."

"Show me," the man replied.

Jake led him to a discrete spot where they could see the gathering and after watching for a few moments, the black man said, "The woman usually isn't very social. It could be she is intrigued by your wife."

"And the others with them?" the oilman asked.

"Unsure. But you must understand that in the tribe the woman is part herbalist, midwife, and fortune teller. The discussion could be on many things," he explained.

"It doesn't feel right. They are too close," Jake replied.

"Yes, I understand your worry but there doesn't appear to be a focus on either. I would think it best to ignore," he offered.

Reluctantly, Jake accepted the advice and returned to his tent but remained nervous. So, when Helen appeared an hour later, he immediately felt a shiver run up his spine.

"Sualala is pregnant," she announced casually.

"How do you know?" he responded.

"Lulu...well that's not her name exactly but it's the best I could make out. Lulu, the native doctor, said she was," his wife explained.

"Not exactly scientific. How did she come to that conclusion?" he asked.

"She put her hand on her stomach," she answered, and before her husband could comment, she added, "I know it's not exactly scientific but I found it interesting and all the women believe in her judgment. Oh, and she said I wasn't."

Jake forced out a short laugh and then said, "Well, that's good, since you're on the pill."

"No kidding," she replied and then entered the tent.

Now, with her gone, Jake's thoughts returned to Sualala and her declared pregnancy. Despite the low odds, he still wondered if his night with the woman might have produced a child. At the time, he hadn't really thought about the woman's protection which now seemed completely insane, and his fears about his wife's proximity to her amplified. On the positive side, his wife's suspicions appeared to have waned but he knew for his own peace of mind that he needed to try and keep the women separated.

The following day, Jake stayed close to his wife and managed to maintain a distance from Sualala. However, the next day, the chief cornered Oma and peppered him with questions that forced the oilmen to huddle to discuss. This left Helen free for most of the afternoon and when they finished, Jake was preparing to go in search of her when she appeared at their camp with a strange expression on her face.

"What's wrong?" he asked as Oma stepped away.

"Come in the tent," she demanded. Jake quietly followed her into the small space and as soon as she dropped the flap, she turned on him with fire in her eyes and asked, "Did you do something with her...Sualala?"

"What? No! Of course not," he responded while trying to hide his guilty look.

"They said you did," she fired out.

"Who said it? They don't speak English," he countered.

"They got the message across. It took time but they did," she replied.

"Well, I think you misunderstood..." he started, hoping to gain the initiative.

"You did. I can see it on your face...in your eyes. You did," she declared.

As the words left her mouth, it seemed like her body deflated and for a moment, Jake thought he might have to catch her but she recovered and gave him a defiant glare. He knew she meant it as a challenge. A trap intended to see if he would continue lying and he stood staring at her awkwardly without speaking as the seconds ticked by.

"I'm sorry," he finally offered, and before she could respond, he added, "I don't know how it happened. It seems so crazy and I feel so guilty."

"You fucking bastard. We've only been married a few months," she replied as tears filled her eyes.

Helen stormed out of the tent and by the time Jake had collected his wits she had disappeared. For almost an hour, he searched the village and finally located her on the far side of the cattle pens staring out across the vast wilderness. He tried to engage her in a conversation and for a time they managed to interact calmly but without warning, she launched on him again and he dutifully took the beating until she left him once more. Only when the sun had set did they find themselves together again within the limited privacy of the tent and by then Oma and the assistants had picked up on the turmoil.

"I...I don't have a defense, Helen but we need to talk," the young husband tried.

"How many times," she fired back.

"Once...just once," he replied, ignoring his time with the chief's wife.

When she didn't immediately respond, he thought she might be taking comfort in the single indiscretion but after almost a minute of silence, she said, "I want to go home...now...tomorrow."

"Helen that's not good. We need to be together and talk...if you leave...I'm worried," he replied.

"Then, leave too," she countered.

"You know I can't...I mean...it will cause issues and they'll want to know why," Jake said.

"You need to decide what's important," she stated then turned and fell onto her cot with her back to him.

He thought about trying to restart the discussion but decided that time might help calm things so he made ready for bed. Unfortunately, several times during the night, he heard his wife softly sobbing, and although he wanted to reach for her and provide some comfort, he knew she wouldn't accept the gesture.

The next morning, he awoke to an empty tent and found his wife sitting outside drinking coffee. He joined her and they sat in silence for several minutes before he summoned the courage to speak.

"I...I don't want you to go," he stated.

"I don't want to be here...it's all ruined," she answered.

Jake wondered whether she was referring to their marriage or the visit, but he nodded his head before replying, "Just a few days."

"Three days," she responded, and realizing he had achieved something of a victory, he nodded his head in agreement.

A few tense minutes later, Helen left to wander the village and as soon as she was out of sight, Oma appeared.

"How bad is it?" he asked.

"Bad...she knows about Sualala. Somehow the women managed to convey...the message," he explained.

"Yes, when I saw the turmoil, I asked around. They didn't know what they did. In their culture, it's not a problem," the black man replied.

"I know...it's my fault," Jake conceded.

"Perhaps it would be more productive to determine a way forward," Oma offered.

"She wanted to leave immediately but I talked her into staying a few days. After that, I don't know..." he said.

"A start...at least a start," the advisor replied and after a short pause, he added, "Let's discuss our mission here for a while and let your wife collect herself."

Jake, with no better idea, and desperately wanting to clear his head nodded in agreement. For the next two hours, they went through scenarios and ideas for projects for the tribes. They were just winding down when Helen appeared and quickly entered the tent. Jake rose to join her but just as he stepped that way, she emerged and with a hard stare, turned, and made for the village.

"Give her the day," Oma suggested as the two men watched her disappear.

"Not much choice," the oilman said with a sigh.

Feeling tired from his fitful night, Jake decided to take a nap and didn't rise until mid-afternoon. With no sign of his wife, he decided to take a walk and look for her and had only gone about a hundred yards when a commotion caught his attention. A throng of men and women had formed a circle around the medicine woman's hut and when he arrived, his body went numb when he learned the focus of their attention was his wife. Sitting with several women, which strangely included Sualala, she had shed her western clothes and now wore just an animal skin skirt that came to mid-thigh. Her pert breasts were on display and even through the coating of red paste smeared on her torso, her tiny nipples were evident. An additional fibrous ring adorned her neck, and on her wrists, she wore similarly styled bracelets. The four women with her had big smiles and the gathered crowd was quite animated as they feasted on the white visitor's near-naked body.

"Helen," Jake called out.

She looked up at him for a moment with an indifferent expression before returning to her new friends and as he contemplated what to do next, he felt a hand grip his arm.

"Let her be for now. Better not to make a scene," Oma whispered.

"What's in the hell is going on?" the young husband asked, struggling to contain his emotions.

"I think she's paying you back but maybe it's better than silence," the black man counseled as he led him away.

"Is she safe?" Jake asked, looking over his shoulder.

"Yes, of course...quite safe," Oma responded.

"Shit! How...how long has she been...undressed?" he asked.

"Since you went to rest," Oma answered.

"Damn, Oma what do I do? This isn't good...it's out of control," the oilman spat out nervously.

The advisor patted him on the shoulder several times trying to calm him and then said in a steady voice said, "It's best to stay in control. She is hurt and seeking revenge but we are far away from civilization so there is no fear of anyway learning. My advice is to let her have her freedom today and talk to her this evening."

"That's going to be hard," Jake countered.

"I understand but remember how this happened. It's unfortunate she learned of it but she is no doubt feeling betrayed," Oma said, and when the younger man nodded his agreement, he added, "Go now but stay away from the gathering."

Following the man's suggestion, Jake waited until sundown, and as husband and wife sat in the tent with the flap down, he turned towards her to try to start a conversation. She still wore the native skirt and baubles, although she had donned a short-sleeved shirt, and with the pungent smell of the red paste and sweat filling the small space, he challenged her on her behavior but instead of showing remorse, she fired back at him for his actions with Sualala. The couple went back and forth for over an hour without making any progress and finally, exasperated, Jake flopped on the cot and picked up a book.

Several minutes of silence ensued before Helen said, "What if Sualala...what if it's yours?"

"It's not," Jake responded, dropping the book.

"How do you know? How would you deal with a child here?" she pushed.

"Helen, it's not," Jake repeated although he knew there was a risk.

Once again, the couple launched into an emotional argument that only ended when the young husband declared he needed to go outside to pee. Once finished, he took in the beauty of the starlit night sky and realized things would never be the same. He thought about packing and leaving but feared that once home Helen might immediately move for a divorce. Being in the bush did mean that he had her close and he decided to use it to his advantage and recover as much as possible. As he returned to the tent, he realized the next few days required both extreme patience and persistence.

For the second night in a row, both husband and wife slept fitfully. Jake rose first and prepared breakfast hoping to start the day off on the right foot, and his wife accepted the food and coffee but her demeanor informed him that she was still far from reconciling. Afterward, she read some and piddled about the camp before declaring she was going to walk the village. She declined her husband's offer of company and then shocked him when she began to dress in the tribal clothing.

"You're going to go like that again?" Jake asked.

"Yes," she answered simply.

"Honey..." he tried but she refused to engage.

Helen had removed much of the paste the prior evening when preparing for bed, but some traces remained as she stepped away wearing only the native skirt, sandals, and adornments. Jake couldn't help but notice the way the small skirt hugged her rear and in different circumstances, it would receive his full attention. After making her way to the line of huts, she turned and disappeared from his sight, and despite his desire to follow, he forced himself to stay in camp and even managed to do a little brainstorming with Oma about the project. Thankfully, the advisor had the discretion to stay away from the strange situation which allowed him a respite.