All Comments on 'Old Friends, New Desires Pt. 02'

by Clemons

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

Nope, too much, if cancer changes her that much maybe he should just divorce her!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I'm in, for now.

Approaching this from the perspective of curing a sexual dysfunction, I think the plot is plausible. Of course the cancer victim/prude suddenly getting interested and adventurous is unlikely, but not unbelievable. The neighbors/best friend characters are well done and so far realistic. Again, it is unlikely they would so easily share their sex lives with their neighbors, but its believable.

So, I don't see any disrespect or humiliation now or likely. To this point the story is well written, intriguing, and believable, for fiction. So well done. Still withholding my rating to see how it all comes together (that was an accident).

impo_60impo_60about 9 years ago
Until now...

Until now everything is going well...I hope it keeps that way...3*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

Interesting story so far, but it is disconcerting to see the wife switch back and forth from breasts to breast. We all know she only has one remaining breast, as that has been a central issue in the story and accuracy here would seem to be important. Normally I don't get anal about minor miscues, but this seems to be a biggie.

patilliepatillieabout 9 years ago
Like the development, gave you a 4

but have to quibble a bit about the believability of the tale. Breast reconstruction is included in almost all health insurance plans as part of breast cancer treatment-just for the psychological effects the lack of a abreast(s) can cause for the woman. So if it was bothering her all that much, then ???

Also, if she is so ashamed and feeling "not like a woman" due to the lack of a breast, how is she all gung ho to have Luke (or is it Joe) and Marty be able to view her nakedness? (Btw, get an editor, things like the Joe/Luke thing are irritating to the reader).

Also, the Dan character strains credibility a bit as he is able to be so strong and loving with out the physical expression of male love-intercourse and other types of sex? He has been going without how long now(I have to read the first chapter again)? I know it is a long time. I confess I would not stand pat at that, if that was my situation, I would want to reconnect physically with my wife even moreso do to the fact we went thru the cancer truama and possiblity of losing the one I love.

You are a good writer, pls dont dwell on my points you are close to being very good. Thx for your efforst and looking fwd to seeing how this plays out.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
A tip about writing

Quote from story:

"Marty, never Martha, a name she hated"

I ask myself, what's the point of this? You give one of the characters a name, then change it because the character doesn't like it? It is a story. Give the protagonist a name that people can keep track of. Where I come from the name "Marty" is a man's name, short for "Martin". On first reading, each and every time I read "Marty" I had to consciously remind myself that it's a woman, with the result that I was always being pulled out of the story.

Also, there is, for me, a very big disconnect between the setup in ch 1 and the dilemma in this chapter. What does having breast cancer to do with anything? It may play a bigger role in later chapters. But, ch 2 is about couples discussing how to put a spark of freshness back into their sex lives. Is the implication that Marty also has had breast cancer? See where I'm going with this?

BTW, in real life I've had some dealings with the emotional implications of cancer, and certainly breast cancer with women can be a hard blow to their self-image. But it is also a well-known issue. Open and supportive discussion with partner/family and counselling is the usual first step if depression becomes an issue. The first step is NOT a discussion of partner sharing with friends .. really, the wrong set-up (so far).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Joe?

That is the most distracting thing that happens in these stories is to throw in the wrong name for one of the players. Just a little proof reading please!!!!!

gordo12gordo12about 9 years ago
I'm not quite sure?

If we're heading for BDSM why the hell this story isn't in that category???

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous