Old Wounds Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yeaaaaa," he groaned. "Me and John are headed ice fishing tomorrow so I gotta get some sleep."

"Fair. Later kid," I said, giving him a fist bump as he walked past.

"Later," he said over his shoulder.

"Start my truck on yer way up!" I called right as the door was shutting.

He didn't respond, but a moment later I heard the ole girl fire up so I knew he'd heard me. Katie hadn't been drinking much to begin with, and I was still mostly sober since I'd only had four or five beers, but Allison stood to grab another one since she wasn't driving and knew we'd be sitting and chatting for a bit while my truck warmed up.

"So, You's dating now?" She asked as she popped the top on her PBR.

"See, that's what we planned on talking about today before you decided you absolutely had to tag along today," Katie laughed. "So thanks for that."

"Yea we're gonna drop you off then go for a little drive and talk about things." I chimed in.

"Fair enough," Allison giggled, clearly buzzed.

**

When the truck warmed up the three of us climbed inside and headed to take Allison home. It wasn't long before she was dropped off and I had my truck pointed west. I had no idea why I chose that direction, but I did, so west we went.

As I settled into fifth gear on the dark county road that needed new pavement I felt Katie slide up next to me and curl herself against my side with her feet up under her on the worn cloth bench seat.

We drove for a few miles without saying anything. I was trying to decide if it was a moving truck conversation or a parked truck conversation. Those of you who grew up like I did know there's a difference, and it can't be explained, but it's there.

Figuring it was more of a truck parked conversation, I searched my memories for places to park along this road. There really wasn't a road anywhere around here that I didn't know like the back of my hand.

Remembering there was a lake with a boat launch coming up, I let off the throttle and kept my eyes on the road searching for the entrance. A moment later I found it, and wheeled my truck into the snow covered dirt parking lot that sat a few hundred yards off the road. I popped the truck into neutral and let her settle on the snow, leaving her to idle and let the heater keep us warm.

"Katie?" I asked, not sure if she'd fallen asleep or not.

"Mhm?" She groaned before sitting up and looking at me. "You're so beautiful Matt."

"Aren't I supposed to be the one saying that to you?" I laughed.

She didn't respond other than to lean her head up towards mine and pucker her lips. I chuckled to myself as I bent my neck to indulge her, letting my lips mold with hers, gently at first, slowly building with passion as the kiss grew deeper.

We stayed like that for a few minutes. Trading off between gentle fleeting kisses and deep passionate ones, letting our mouths explore their newfound counterparts.

"Katie?" I asked again with a gasp as I broke the kiss.

"Yes?" She breathed.

"We really should talk," I offered.

"No talk, more kiss," she moaned as she leaned back towards me.

"Katie," I said, moving my head back before her lips made contact and would inevitably pull me back in to another heated lip lock.

"Matt, I've waited eleven years to feel your lips on mine. Talking isn't very high on my list at the moment." She said with a sigh.

"I know Katie... but still, there will be plenty of time for all the kisses you could ever ask for later," I promised. "But now, we really should figure out what this means."

"You're gonna give me eleven years worth of kisses?" She asked with a smile. "That's A LOT of kisses."

"And you're worth every one," I smiled and kissed her, pulling back before she could deepen it.

"Let's talk then, because after I want about a solid years worth to start off." She said with a smile that turned the midnight sky to day.

"What does this mean for us?" I asked. "What happens now?"

"Well, for normal people, they'd spend more time together, get to know each other better, flirt, steal some kisses, then inch closer and closer to dating." She shrugged, "but we aren't normal are we?"

"Not at all," I laughed. "If we aren't normal, then what do we do?"

"I know what I want," she began, "what do you want?"

"Honestly?" I asked.

"You know I'd see right through it if you were lying." She chuckled.

"I want you to be my girlfriend. We're already past the getting to know you stage. We already spend every waking moment together. I want you to be mine Katie."

She didn't say anything. She stared at me for half a second then immediately launched herself at me, crashing her lips against mine and pouring every ounce of passion she had into the kiss.

"I want nothing more than that," she said before adding with a grin, "boyfriend."

I said fuck it. That was enough talking for me. I'd threw my plan out the window once today when I kissed her instead of telling her how I felt. Now, I'd gotten enough out to tell her what I wanted. Fuck it. We'd fly by the seat of our pants.

I kissed her, pouring all of my love into it. She was right. We weren't normal. We didn't need any of the build up. We were practically already dating. All we were missing was the physical aspect of it, and judging by the way she was kissing me, we weren't lacking it anymore.

I knew right then and there I'd do anything for her, do anything to make her happy. In that moment, I knew in order to make her happy, I needed to love her with everything I had, kiss her with everything I had. It might take all night, but hell, I had nowhere to be.

********************************************

Thank you all so much for sticking with me! As you can tell by now, I'm more of a slow build up kind of guy, and that's how I write. Sorry if it took so long to boil over, but I hope it was worth it!

I remember a while ago someone commented something along the lines of "why did they go for such a long drive to have such a short conversation?" And, to that, I say, if you grew up like I did, where I did, sometimes that's just what you do. Aimless drives are a part of life. I wouldn't change it for the world.

Let me know what you guys think of the story so far. Comments and feedback of any kind are always welcomed. I hope to hear from you!

More to come for Matt and Katie.