One Look Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Meanwhile, Victoria moved the pretty bouquet of purple and white wild orchids off to one side, put her purse on her lap and smiled as she pulled out a flat, dark blue velvet box and slid it across the table to Jamie. "I designed this, and I thought if we were lucky, we might find the perfect dress to go with it. And since we've found it..." She smiled into her eyes. "And Clark was lucky enough to find you, I'd like you to have it, and wear it in good health."

Jamie blinked, not too sure what to say. She honestly couldn't believe anyone could be so sweet or so generous. But whatever she was offering was just too much, and she shook her head and pushed it back at her without even looking inside. "Thank you, Victoria, but I just can't accept it. The dress and accessories was more than enough. You're far too generous."

"Nonsense." Refusing to take no for an answer, Victoria flipped the lid and turned the box back to face her, watching Jamie's eyes light up when they settled on the large, deep purple amethyst surrounded in diamonds twinkling back at her, as it hung suspended from a platinum chain.

Touching her hands to her cheeks, Jamie murmured, "Oh, my goodness is that ever beautiful." She looked up at Victoria. "And you designed it?"

She nodded. "Yes. Jewelry design is one of my passions. I love turning raw gems into things of beauty. And I know this will look perfect on you." Then to prove her point, she got up, took the pendant out of the box, walked around the table, lifted her long blonde hair out of the way, slipped it around Jamie's neck and fastened it for her.

When she came back around, sat down and faced her, she smiled, looking pleased. "Oh, my, yes. It's like I designed it with you in mind. It suits you so perfectly, especially with those striking heather eyes."

Victoria got a compact out of her purse, opened it and let her have a look in the mirror, so she could see for herself. Looking a little stunned, all Jamie could do was nod. Touching a finger to the beautiful gem hanging from her neck, she whispered, "It's absolutely gorgeous."

Victoria smiled and patted her hand. "Just like you." Then she picked up the menu and let the matter drop, when she said, "Now, what type of wine would you prefer with lunch, red, white or perhaps a sparkling Prosecco?"

Shaking her head, smiling at Clark's mother, Jamie wondered how she would ever be able to repay her for her kindness. She had to be the sweetest woman she'd ever met, which made her realize why Clark was such an amazing man, having been raised with so much compassion, warmth and love.

As they chatted and shared a cold bottle of crisp white wine, they enjoyed the most delectable lobster bisque Jamie had ever tasted. Followed by a scrumptious seafood salad on a bed of crisp greens, and then a platter of fresh tropical fruit, some of which she'd never seen before, but thoroughly enjoyed all the same, of course along with his mother's company. As they talked, she noticed Victoria had a wonderful sense of humor, much like her son, and the more they chatted and laughed together, the more Jamie realized that she really liked her. She had her feeling so at ease, she was almost able to forget she was Clark's mother, as they began to feel more like friends.

But when Victoria went quiet and eyed her carefully, Jamie wondered what she was about to say, that suddenly had her looking so serious. Finally she reached for her hand, drew in a breath, leaned close and quietly said, "Jamie, I'm so glad my son and you are together. And I can tell that he really cares for you. I know in the past you're probably aware that he was a bit of a..."

"Playboy?" Jamie provided, with a knowing smile.

Victoria winced a little, and nodded. "But I have a feeling now that he's met you those days are definitely behind him. I can tell what you to have together is a lot more than just a casual relationship. I've never seen him so happy. And I couldn't be more delighted to see that my son has set his sights on someone as sweet and lovely as you."

Her eyes getting a little misty, not sure what to say, Jamie squeezed his mother's hand, realizing the gift of her acceptance was worth far more than anything else she could have given her.

As they finished their coffee, with a couple of delectable almond biscotti and a little sampling of delectable Belgian chocolates, Jamie remembered the last time she saw his mother at afternoon tea, how she'd been coaxing her to learn more about her family. "Oh, by the way," she said, leaning closer. "I've given some thought to what you said. And I've decided I will order one of those DNA kits, even just to find out more about my heritage and where my people originally came from. It's something I've always wanted to know."

Holding up a finger, Victoria grinned, and dug into her purse again. "Now, you can't tell Clark, or he'll probably tell me I should have let you do this yourself. But since you said you were interested, I went online and ordered you a kit, just in case you decided you wanted to try it out. Keeping in mind the choice is yours. You can use it, send it in and see what they discover, or just put it aside and forget about it for now."

Jamie eyed the white and green box for a moment, wondering if she actually had the nerve. Then she took it from her hand and turned it over a few times, thinking how strange it was that such an unassuming little box potentially had the power to unlock the mystery of her past. Finally with a decisive nod of her head, she said, "Thank you for this, Victoria. I think I'll do it, just to see what they can find. But I'm still not too sure I want to know anything about my immediate family, just in case..."

Since she obviously didn't want to see her getting hurt, Victoria agreed. "Then, tell them you don't want your information shared with anyone. But when you get the results on-line, you can still see anyone who's out there that might be related to you. It'll be like secretly looking through your family tree, without anyone knowing you're doing it." She reached across the table and patted her hand. "So, you're not mad at me for ordering the kit without asking you first?"

Jamie shook her head, and wrapped her hand over hers. "Actually, I'm glad you did. I'd already decided I was going to do it. And now that I've got it, I'll just go ahead, do what I have to do and send it off tonight. And I'll be sure to let you know what I find."

Victoria's face broke into a smile and she shivered in her seat. "Oh, I can hardly wait." Then narrowing her eyes on Jamie she tipped her head, looking her over. "I'd be willing to bet with you being a natural blonde with those gorgeous heather-blue eyes that your background has got to be something Scandinavian." Then she shrugged. "Not that it matters, because you and Clark are so good together, I really don't care what you have in your background. All I hope is that you find what you're looking for."

Now that she'd mentioned Clark, Jamie couldn't hold back a grin, because they really did have something special. But she just hoped she'd be lucky enough to learn where she came from and who her people were. Then maybe she could finally move on with her life and quit wondering about the secrets of her past, and if they'd ever come back to haunt her.

By the time they'd left the hotel -- after his mother had once again managed to pull a fast one and pay the bill without Jamie even seeing it come to the table. Walking out together arm in arm -- it felt like they'd bonded. When Victoria suggested she come to her hotel a little early on the night of the ball, and change in her room so Clark would be surprised when he saw her in her gown, Jamie nodded, liking the idea and agreed it might be fun.

Jamie quickly offered, "And if you need any last minute help, I'd be happy to pitch in, especially for such a worthy cause."

"Why, thank you, Jamie. And we just might need it, too. There are always so many last minute things to be done."

"Then I'll leave the dress with you, and change just before, so Clark will see it then."

After they'd agreed on that, they walked arm in arm talking and laughing like they'd known each other forever as they headed back toward the Peninsula Hotel where Victoria was staying.

Wandering past a few high-end jewelry stores, when Victoria stopped to take a longer look in one window, as she carefully scanned the display, she explained, "I'm always interested to see the latest designs, so I can see what's trending."

Jamie noticed the showcase was mostly made up of engagement rings, all of them really beautiful and pretty pricey looking, too.

When Victoria noticed Jamie's eyes lighting up as she looked over the rings, she asked, "Which style do you like best, Jamie?"

"Hmmm." Jamie carefully looked at each one, until finally she smiled when her gaze settled on a beautiful emerald-cut diamond, with smaller diamonds circling the platinum band. She pointed to the one she liked. "I think that one's pretty classic and not overly showy."

"I think if I were choosing a ring, I'd pick that one, too. It's a good size, a beautiful cut and I can tell it's a quality diamond."

When Victoria said she was going to pop inside to say hello to the owner, who she'd known for years, Jamie noticing a designer men's wear shop right beside it, told her, "Then maybe I'll take a look next door, while you're in there."

The moment Jamie saw the sapphire blue silk tie in the window that looked to be an exact match for Clark's blue-blue eyes, smiling to herself she knew she had to buy it. Since they also had an array of pricey designer scarves for women, after some consideration, she picked a pretty pink and mauve pastel floral pattern for Victoria, since she imagined it was something she'd like.

When they met outside the store, Jamie handed the little gift bag with the scarf to Victoria, and told her, "I was lucky I found something for both of you. But after all you've done for me today I just wish it was more." His mother just grinned, pressed a kiss to her cheek and thanked her once she'd opened it and then arranged it around her neck, telling her it was gorgeous.

After Jamie had left Clark's mother at her hotel, after sharing big warm hugs and kisses, and thanking her again for everything she'd done, Jamie was tempted to try and make her own way back, since she was no stranger to public transit, having taken it most of her life. But as she eyed the long lineup of people heading in to board the Star Ferry, all dragging their feet and looking tired, then glanced over and saw another long taxi que near the hotel, she decided it might be best to call Tommy after all, since she imagined he'd be waiting for her call.

Once he'd picked her up, traffic moved at a snail's pace lining up to get into the Cross Harbor tunnel, but it moved pretty steady once they were inside. Which she decided was a good thing since the car fumes in the tunnel smelled so noxious, even with the vents closed, that she wondered how people managed to drive through it on a daily basis without being overcome and passing out.

Thankfully, it wasn't long before they were out the other side and driving through busy Causeway Bay's shopping district and then winding their way up along quiet, leafy Tai Hang Road heading back toward the Peak, and Clark's flat. Jamie loved how it was so much greener and fresher away from the heart of the city, as the car smoothly traversed the lush green hillsides. Though there were still lots of sky-high apartment buildings and even a few houses dotted along the road, it felt nice to see the big, healthy banyan trees moored to the rocky hillsides and all the lush tropical plants that flourished in the humid climate.

Once they arrived and she thanked Tommy, waved goodbye, and stepped inside the house, Jamie smirked when Clark met her at the door. Obviously eager to see how she'd managed on her own with his mother -- and of course what she'd bought.

"So... how did it go?" He asked the moment she closed the door behind her. But before she could answer, he looked surprised when he noticed that all she was carrying was her purse. He looked up at her. "So, I'm guessing you couldn't find a dress you liked?"

She smiled. "Actually, thanks to your mother, I found the perfect dress."

"Then where is it?" He waggled his eyebrows. "I was hoping you'd try it on for me."

Leaning in, slipping her arm around his neck, she brushed a kiss to his lips and whispered against his mouth, "I left it with your mother. I offered to go early to help with any last minute details for the dinner. And when you arrive at the ball, you'll see it then. But I did get a little something for you today."

Taking the tie she'd bought out of her purse, she slipped it around his neck. The way her eyes were sparkling with the promise of naughty fun as she smoothed her hand over the blue silk tie while he fingered it in his hand, and then carefully wound it around both his wrists, he rolled his eyes.

Wrapping her arms around him, she pulled him close, and pressed a kiss to his chin, and then nibbling her way up to his lips, she murmured, "Thought it was the perfect match for your eyes, and might even provide us with a little entertainment, too..."

Chuckling, Clark hugged her to his chest, cupped her face in his hands and smiled as he kissed her. He knew one thing; their sex life would sure as hell never be dull.

Smoothing his hands over her backside, feeling himself growing harder by the second, he asked, "You hungry, you want a drink or anything?" The way she smiled into his eyes and slowly shook her head, feathering teasing little kisses across his lips, he decided it was time to head to the bedroom, before he pulled her down to the floor.

Standing by the bed, her heated gaze locked on his, Jamie's nimble fingers made quick work of his shirt buttons, before she smoothed her hands over his chest, sliding her curious fingers all the way down to his fly, making him suck in a breath. Though he always loved getting naked with her, he also enjoyed it when she decided to take the reins, like now. Her gaze shimmering with desire, she pushed his shirt off his shoulders and slid her lips across his chest, teasing his nipples with taunting little swirls of her tongue.

Groaning so deep his throat hurt, his heart really starting to pound, Clark's hands slid over her hips until he has filling his palms with her soft, warm backside and gently kneading her flesh. Sliding his fingers into the back of her panties, squeezing her tight little ass in his hands, all he knew was that he needed to get inside her so damn badly he ached.

He could feel his pulse leaping, she was getting him so hard, especially with how she was sucking his bottom lip between her teeth and letting out a sexy little growl as she cupped him in her hand and began to stroke him through his pants.

Her grin positively naughty, she whispered against his mouth, "On your back, big boy."

Happy to comply, he chuckled, letting himself drop onto his back, and smiled up at her as he watched her slowly undress, tugging her dress over her head, and smoothing her hands over her breasts, putting on a provocative little strip tease just for him. Before she lost her patience, tugged off his pants and boxers and tossed them aside, too. Until finally, she had him naked on the bed, with an erection hard enough to pound nails.

"God, you're beautiful," he murmured when she finally let her bra drop to the floor, exposing her full, round breasts, then tossed aside her panties, baring every last inch of her to his hungry gaze.

She grinned as she slithered her way onto the bed between his legs. "Funny, I was just thinking the same about you."

Cupping his face in her hands, sinking her tongue into his mouth, she claimed his mouth with a fiery hot kiss that had his dick lurching to get at her. Straddling his hips, she took hold of him and softly whimpered as she lowered herself down on him, till he was fully inside her, as tight as could be.

Clark rolled his eyes, desperately clutching her hips in his hands, she just felt so tight and warm, squeezing him inside her. "Damn, you feel good, Jamie."

All she could do was nod her head as she let her eyes fall shut, savoring the feel of him, right where she needed him. "Hmmm, so do you -- so good."

When Clark thrust up his hips, to get her moving, she opened her eyes, and smiled down at him. Whenever they were like this, as close as they could be, her insecurities just seem to vanish into thin air, since all she could think of was him, and how amazing he could make her feel, right to the marrow of her bones. Leaning down, stroking his face in her hands, she touched her lips to his, and whispered, "Hmm, I do love you."

Wrapping his arms around her, hugging her tight to his chest, brushing back the hair from her eyes, Clark heaved a sigh as he gazed into her violet-blue eyes and murmured, "Good thing, because I'm crazy in love with you."

Keeping her heavy-heavy lidded gaze trained on his, with her hands on his chest, she slowly rose up, till only the tip was inside her, then she pushed her body back down, enjoying the way he rolled his eyes, as she slowly and methodically made slow, sweet love to him, intentionally dragging out their pleasure. It just felt so good with him, every single time. No wonder they made love so often, when they could get enough of each other.

As much as he was enjoying the way she was sliding his cock in and out of her at a snail's pace, feeling his body grow tense with the need for relief, he laughed at the way he made her yelp, when he shocked her and flipped her onto her back, deciding it was time he took over.

Clutching her legs around the knees, his eyes on hers, he pressed hot, open-mouthed kisses to each of her thighs, smiling at the way she whimpered. Then taking hold of himself, he slid back inside her and let her have a feel of how crazy she made him whenever she teased him. Now that she'd gotten him harder than a brick, and so ready to come he could hardly see straight, he wasn't too sure he'd be able to hold back.

Clutching his forearms, Jamie threw back her head and groaned out loud. The way he was hitting her clit on every determined stroke, she could feel every inch of her beginning to tingle, like she was getting ready to explode. "Oh, damn, Clark, I'm coming, really, really hard."

Clenching his jaw, he picked up his pace till he could feel the telltale signs of one mother of an orgasm shooting down his spine, straight to his aching balls. Pumping into her for all he was worth, he growled as he came, thrusting deep, he could feel himself pulsing inside her steady and hard, until finally he nothing left to give.

His chest heaving, nearly collapsing on top of her, he pulled her into his arms, and rolled them onto their side. Tucking a lock of hair behind her ear, he smiled and told her, "I missed you today."

She laughed. "I kind of figured that out, with how desperately you just pounded me."

He winced. "I didn't hurt you did I?"

She shook her head giving him a mischievous grin. "No. You know I like it a little rough sometimes. And I've got to say, that was a pretty amazing way to welcome me back, considering I was only gone for the afternoon."

With Jamie curled tight to his side, as he massaged her scalp, sliding his fingers through her soft, silky hair, Clark kind of hated to get out of bed. It just felt so nice to be relaxing together like this, especially skin to skin, without any clothes.

Finally Jamie looked up at him, heaving a sigh. "As nice as these few days have been with you, I think I'm going to have to go into the office tomorrow, or my boss Danny will be wondering if I still work there."

He didn't want her in trouble, but he also hated to see her go. "But you've been working from home and keeping abreast of what's going on, so I don't think he should mind that you've been here."