One Look Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Miriam stroked a hand over her cheek. "I've always wondered what became of you. I had no idea where you went, though I did everything I could to try and find you. Were you ever adopted? And did the people who raised you treat you well?"

Jamie shook her head. "No, I was never adopted. I guess because they knew nothing about my background and didn't know where to place me. So I grew up in foster care." Still, she managed a smile. "But I survived."

Miriam squeezed her daughter's hand. "Well I'm sure glad you did. But I hate to think of you growing up like that, all because you were taken from me. You know I still can hardly believe we're sitting together here now. And what is it you do, that's got you working in Hong Kong, Jamie?"

"I work for one of the bigger banks there as an investment strategist."

Clark smiled at Jamie, looking proud. "And she really knows her stuff, too."

Jamie could feel herself blushing as she looked over at him sure that Clark had to be her biggest supporter. Which made her realize that she'd probably never meet anyone who cared about her as much as he did, and maybe it was time she gave in and let him know just how much he meant to her and how much she loved him.

Fifteen minutes later when the doorbell rang, Miriam got up to answer, smiling as she walked back in with Jamie's father on her arm.

Nils Selland was a good looking man, even at nearly fifty; tall and muscular, with amazing sky blue eyes and white-blond hair. Jamie could see a resemblance in him, too. And she could understand why her mother had fallen for him. But what she really couldn't believe was that she was also getting a chance to meet her father, who she felt sure she'd never get a chance to know, having assumed he'd deserted her mother once he learned she was expecting, as so often happened with children who were given away.

Nils stopped in his tracks when he got his first look at the baby he'd lost, all grown up and every bit as pretty as her mother, standing and nervously looking at him. Then he gave her a smile. "So, you must be Jamie. I wasn't sure if you'd want to meet me, considering the way your life started out, with you being taken from us."

Jamie smiled and assured him, "No. I don't blame anyone, especially not the two of you, now that I know what happened. Obviously it wasn't your fault. I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed finding out that I've got so much family when I had no idea where I came from."

"Well, I was born in Norway, and I think that's where my people have always been from, so you're Norwegian on my side if that helps fill in some of the blanks."

Miriam piped up. "And my background is Dutch on my mother's side and Danish on my dad's, a few generations back. So, I guess that explains your fair coloring, and those pretty blue eyes."

Nils eyed Jamie for another minute and finally and said, "I don't suppose you could spare a hug for your dad, could you?"

Jamie grinned, went over and wrapped her arms around him and hugged him tight. When she felt his chest begin to tremble as he squeezed her, she just hoped he wasn't going to cry, because she didn't know if she had any tears left, sure that she'd never cried as much in her life until today.

Finally, remembering he was just sitting and taking it all in, Jamie looked over at Clark. "Oh, and this is Clark Philips, my... boyfriend."

Nils kept his arm around his daughter, seeming reluctant to let go as he extended his hand to shake Clark's. He remarked, "So, I guess if you've come all the way from Hong Kong to lend her your support, you and my daughter must be pretty serious about each other."

Clark smiled into Jamie's eyes and told him the truth. "Yes, we are."

Smiling, Nils looked over at Miriam. "Well, I've been trying to get her mother to make an honest man of me, and marry me for the last twenty-eight years, ever since I learned that this one was on the way. But since I didn't have a pot to pee in back those days, pardon my French, her father wouldn't hear of it. And now all these years later, I'm still waiting for her to become my bride." His gaze teasing, he eyed Miriam, blushing and affectionately shaking her head at him. "So, I hope you have better luck with my daughter than I've been having with her mother."

They were chuckling at that when the doorbell chimed again. Not sure how more she could take, Jamie actually hoped it would just be her sister on her own, since she was starting to feel a little dizzy with so much coming at her at once.

The minute Susan walked in the door, since they'd already talked online, she walked straight over to Jamie pulled her in for a hug, and the two of them started bawling like babies. Of course that naturally had everyone else tearing up, including Clark, who had to slip a finger under his glasses to catch a tear.

Her voice trembling with emotion, Susan brushed a hand over Jamie's cheek and said, "I finally get to meet my sister. Mom always told me you were out there somewhere, but I still can't believe you're finally here... with us."

Clark and Nils looked from one of them to the other and Nils remarked, "Wow. The three of you look so much alike, you could pass for sisters."

Mariam wiped the tears from her eyes, laughed and hugged her two girls to her side, kissing them both on the top of the head. And soon the three of them were squeezed together in the love seat all talking at once, laughing and sharing pictures on their phones like they'd never been apart.

Nils took a seat beside Clark on the couch and looked over at him. "So, tell me about yourself Clark, and how you came to meet my daughter."

Clark decided to give him the abridged version that didn't include all the kissing they did on the plane, or the fact they hooked up for a wild weekend the minute they touched down in Hong Kong. But he did confide that he was hoping she'd agree to marry him, and soon.

Nils smiled patting his shoulder. "Well, I think from the way she's been looking at you, you might be in luck."

Clark just hoped he was right, because he sure as hell didn't want to wait decades to call her his bride, like her father had been subjected to by her mother.

"How about I take us all out for dinner tonight?" Clark suggested.

Jamie's mother overheard, looked around at everyone and said, "Or we could order in, and then we can talk some more and really get to know each other."

"And I'll be the one getting dinner," Nils told them since it would be the first time he'd ever been able to share a meal with his two daughters.

Mariam, Susan and Jamie were all in the kitchen, getting the good china out to set the dining room table, when her mother noticed the big diamond ring on her finger. "Oh, my goodness, Jamie, that's a beautiful ring. So are you and Clark engaged?"

Biting into her lip, Jamie looked back and forth between the two of them, not too sure how to explain. "He did ask me to marry him. But I told him that I had to know who I was before I could even think about us planning a future together." Then her face broke into a smile as she looked at them. "But now that I know where I come from, and I've found all of you, I think I'll have to say yes."

Her sister Susan smirked. "Well, if I had a guy looking at me, the way he looks at you, I'd be saying yes in a heartbeat. Not only is he a really good looking man, but I can tell he's crazy about you, Jamie."

Nodding in agreement, Miriam confided to her daughters, "Maybe it's time, since my family is finally complete, that I give in and say yes to your father. He's been so patient. I just hope he believes me, when I tell him that after all these years, I'm finally ready to marry him."

After their little powwow in the kitchen, dinner was fun, with lots of talking and laughing and loads of catching up. Her sister had suggested they order Chinese food, until she noticed Clark and Jamie shooting each other little grins. Susan rolled her eyes, remembering that they lived in Hong Kong. And she decided it would probably be better to get something else. So, they settled on a Canadian favorite, Swiss Chalet chicken and ribs and also got a party size pizza from Pizza Nova with all of her favorite toppings once Jamie told them it was the best pizza around when she was a kid growing up in Toronto.

After dinner, Jamie got a chance to talk to her brothers on the phone, and told them she'd love to meet them. They both sounded excited, since they'd always heard she was out there somewhere, and could hardly believe they were actually talking to their long lost sister.

With lots of hugs and kisses, and everyone seeming relieved and happy that it had all worked out, after they'd finally said goodbye to her family they got into a taxi, to head to the hotel. Clark wrapped an arm around Jamie, held her to his side and pressed a kiss to her cheek. Then he tipped his head, so he could see her face. "I think that went well, how about you?"

Still a little overwhelmed, she nodded, smiling up at him. "I can still hardly believe that I found them. And they all seem so nice and normal, and nothing like I thought. What do you think?"

"I think you've got the family you've always wanted," he said, squeezing her a little tighter.

She nodded, and reached for his hand. "I do." Looking up into his eyes, she flashed him a grateful smile. "And I was so glad you were here with me to meet them." And so was he.

In their room at the hotel, after they'd shed their clothes, Jamie pulled back the sheet and slid into bed and curled into Clark's side. Tracing a finger along his jaw, she sighed. "You know, I always wondered how I'd feel if I ever discovered who I was. It always hung over me a like cloud, never knowing where I came from and always a little afraid to find out. But I just didn't think it would affect me as much as it has, to realize I'm actually part of a family. It's kind of hard to describe. It's like pieces of a puzzle were missing and now that I've found all the pieces, for the first time in my life I feel complete. Knowing that I've got people who love me, people who want me in their lives, is almost indescribable, especially after being on my own for so long. I never knew what was I missing when I only had me, I just accepted that I was all I had, and probably all I'd ever have. But now I've got parents and siblings." She looked up at him and smiled with a soft sweet look in her eyes. "And of course I've got you. I feel like I can finally move on with my life."

He looked hopeful as he asked, "And marry me?"

Stroking his cheek, nodding, she smiled into his eyes. "Yes, and marry you. I would love to marry you, Clark."

Relieved beyond belief, he laughed, pulled her on top of him, wrapped her in his arms and hugged her to his chest. Pressing his lips to hers, he kissed her, instantly losing himself in the taste of her as he deepened the kiss.

When they finally came up for air, tracing lazy circles on her back, he suggested, "I was thinking, maybe we should get married here before we leave to go back. I know my mother would be more than happy to fly up from New York. And then your dad could give you away, and you'd have your family around you. I'm pretty sure we could arrange it."

Wearing a little smirk, she eyed him. "Sounds like you've really thought this through."

"I have. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, Jamie. And I can hardly wait for us to get married. We can always have another party when we get home to celebrate with our friends. So, what do you think?"

"I think I'd like that. Now I just have to find a dress, and see if we can find someone to marry us."

"Your father already told me that one of his brothers is a minister. And he's sure he'd be happy to do the honors."

She looked at him, surprised. "So, you already talked to my dad about us getting married?"

He shrugged. "I like your dad. He's a straight shooter. And he figured out pretty quickly how close we are." He squeezed her butt. "So, what do you think? Should we get this thing rolling, and get us married?"

Jamie nodded. "I'd really like to get married with my family around me. Maybe I should call my mom and sister and ask them about helping me find a dress." Excited about the prospect of them getting married with her family around her, after brushing her lips to his, she rolled off him to reach for her phone. Then she looked over her shoulder at him. "I still can't believe I can just pick up the phone and call my mother, considering that yesterday I had no idea who she even was."

"I'm really happy you found them, and that you've got a great family who already love you."

Jamie slowly nodded her head, swallowing past the lump in her throat as she thought about them. "I think I really lucked out." She looked over, her gaze softening as she smiled at him. "Especially with you. Thank you for coming along and being my rock. I know I've been a bit of a mess, and I wouldn't have blamed you if you got tired of my craziness and wanted to walk away."

Clark reached out and squeezed her hand. "Baby, you're not a mess. We all have insecurities. Sometimes I still think of myself as that scrawny kid who never felt like he fit in. But I'm in the best place I've ever been, now that I've got you."

Jamie waggled her eyebrows. "Wait till I get off the phone, and I'll show you how grateful I am."

After she'd talked to her mother and her sister, and the pair of them squealed and gushed over the phone, congratulating her and Clark on officially becoming engaged, they said they'd be thrilled to help her pick out a bridal gown, and do whatever they could to help with the wedding. And thankfully they knew some of the nicer places to look for a dress, the cake and the flowers.

Once they all exchanged heartfelt, 'I love yous' after she'd hung up with them, Jamie looked over at Clark. "Do you think your mother would like to come early to join us to look for a dress? I'd hate to leave her out, seeing as we had such a good time together when we went hunting for my ball gown."

Clark laughed. "I think that's a no brainer, and she'd love it if you asked her. Seeing as this'll be the only chance she'll ever get to go shopping for a bridal gown for her future daughter-in-law, she might be disappointed if she didn't get to go along."

With a quick nod, Jamie called Victoria. First she gave her the news about her family, then she told her about their engagement and upcoming wedding, and she laughed at the way she gushed, sounding so over-the-moon happy about all of her good news. While she was busy talking to his mother, Clark got on the phone and spoke to her father about making the arrangements for the wedding and the reception.

After she'd finally hung up, Jamie glanced over and started to grin when she saw that Clark was flat on his back with his glasses off, which was a sure sign that he was ready to get busy with her. Especially when she looked down and noticed that he was already fully erect, obviously eager for her to make good on her promise.

She crawled over, slid on top of him, playfully rubbed her nose against his, and then surprised him when all she did was wrap her arms around his neck, touch her lips to his and gently kiss him.

When she pulled back, brushing a hand over her hair, his voice raw with emotion, he murmured, "I love this with you, just being close and being able to hold you."

"Hmm, me, too." She smiled, sliding her hands over his shoulders and smoothing them down over his nicely muscled biceps.

Flashing a teasing grin, he smiled into her eyes. But just because he liked to hold her, didn't mean that cuddling was all he wanted.

Jamie was more than happy to show him just how grateful she was, that he'd not only stuck by her, but offered to cross the world with her to meet her family, and give her a shoulder to lean on when she'd needed him most.

The heat in her eyes as she curled her hands around his face had Clark moaning and sliding his hands down over her back till he was squeezing her tight little backside and kneading her warm, soft flesh in his hands. Trailing kisses along his neck, pressing her lips to the sensitive spot below his ear, that always made him shudder, he rolled his eyes, and whispered, "I love it when you kiss me there."

Smiling against his neck, she whispered, "And how about here?" as she lashed her tongue around his ear, and gently tugged his earlobe between her teeth.

Sliding his hands along her waist until he was teasing her nipples with his thumbs, he murmured, "I just love the feel of your lips on me anywhere you touch me."

The playful way she wiggled her eyebrows made him laugh especially when she looked down between them, smirking, knowing exactly where he'd love her to kiss him most.

Looking up into his blue-blue eyes, tracing a finger over his beautiful lips, she whispered, "Have I told you today?"

He smiled. "That you love me?"

All sense of teasing gone, locking her gaze on his, she whispered, "With everything I've got."

As she slipped her tongue between his lips, he could feel his heart kicking up a notch, with how eagerly she was sucking on his tongue, ravishing his mouth and making his dick twitch like crazy.

Sliding his fingers down over the heat between her legs, a deep groan rumbled from his chest. Just the feel of her had him shuddering with anticipation; so wet, and hot and ready for him, he could barely breathe, he need inside her so badly.

He could feel his pulse racing as she wrapped herself around him, knowing this was where he was meant to be for the rest of his life... with his sweet Jamie, the only woman he'd ever loved and ever would.

Clutching his shoulders, her eyes dark with arousal, letting out a soft little whimper, she began sliding herself up and down along his shaft, moaning as he brushed against her clit. "Hmm, you feel good," she whispered against his lips, making him grow even harder.

Clark rolled his eyes, not even sure how to put into words what he was feeling. Overcome with emotion as he realized that this would be his life, married to the woman of his dreams. Only a few more days, and they'd be together, not only in love but committed to each other forever.

The sexy little wench was really on fire for him tonight, getting every inch of him tingling, as she dropped hot, open-mouthed kisses over his chest, and began licking around his nipples with gentle tugs of her teeth.

He'd always wondered what it would feel like to really be in love with someone, but wasn't prepared for how all-encompassing it actually felt. Sliding a hand through her hair, tipping up her chin and gazing into her beautiful heather eyes, stroking his thumb across her full bottom lip, she got to him in so many ways. Consuming his every thought, making him ache for even just the touch of her hand, he'd never imagined it could be such a powerful emotion. Now that she was finally opening herself up to him and wasn't holding back, showing him just how deeply she cared for him, he felt humbled and grateful and so blessed to have found her.

Transfixed as he watched her lusty gaze transform to a deep smoky blue, she moaned as she took hold of him, sliding him along the heat of her slit. When she thrust her body down and took him inside her, his heart pounding, Clark framed her face in his hands and captured her lips in a deep hungry kiss. Joined as tight as they could be, if he never had to pull out, he knew he'd be the happiest man alive.

Then watching her straighten and sit up, toss her back her head and really begin to ride him, Clark decided that he'd never seen anything as beautiful as her, gracing him with a sultry smile as she flattened her hands on his chest, thrust down, and then lifted herself back up again, till he was barely inside her.

"Oh, I love the feel of you," she whispered, as she worked at getting them off.