All Comments on 'One More Year Ch. 09'

by BradleyScott

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
armplasmaarmplasmaover 2 years ago

"calm down" is never the right thing to say, let alone "calm the fuck down". Even worse when it's texted, bc people has time to think when they texted. And when you don't directly apologize after you sent it (let alone for hours), then yes it's bad.

I mean, far from the worst thing you can say to someone, but on the grand scheme of a healthy relationship, yes it's bad.

As far as we know, Eric might be drunk during this time. So, I wonder if Eric is having a drinking problem because it's been hinted lately.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ugh this chapter annoyed me - he should have just broken up with him in the first play. I'm team Louis

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Can't hardly wait to hear how Eric and Jess accidently got it on at camp! Maybe not, maybe it was one of his buddy's instead, but something is up! Jay made a mistake forgiving him so easily for the kiss with Jess! Not that it would have detoured Eric from doing what he wants anyway! !He has proven to not be very trustworthy. And worse seems to think its no big deal! Eric has sure turned into a thoughtless dick! Don't bother me, I'm having a drink with my buddies, or fucking somebody more likely! And Jay being so needy all the time is likely driving him away! Looks like trouble in paradise to me! Maybe I'm wrong...

JRSONJRSONover 2 years ago

This chapter especially... is just like watching a bad drama filled soap opera! This chapter sucked, bigtime, and not in a good way! Jay should cut him loose now and move on! Give Eric a chance to figure out who he really is and what he wants!

They have hardly just begun this new relationship, its not going very well if you ask me. To much immature drama for my liking!

Nothing like a bunch of selfish, spoiled, rich kids attempting to play adult games.

Not sure how Jay will handle this situation, but he may want to find out if Eric is in it for anything more than the challenge of getting his ass!

This story has certainly taken a turn for the worse. I thought Eric was a decent guy initially. Now I'm wondering if he is not just a player. playing a game with an inexperienced, naïve, young guy! It seems like Eric doesn't even know what he wants! He really seemed to have feelings for Jay initially. It doesn't seem like he is use to being called out for his stupid behavior!

Eric went to quite great length to set up a plan to seduce Jay in the garage! Is it all just a game to him? Seduce the new guy, then leave him hurt, frustrated and confused and move on! The next chapter better have some answers and resolution. I'm loosing interest in this story already! To many childish games...

There are certainly some red flags here for Jay to consider, before he gets any deeper into this mess and gets seriously more hurt than he already is! Maybe Eric could take some time to think about why Jay no longer trusts him! The sex is hot, but a huge distraction for having a conversation about what this new relationship even is! In the very least a serious and honest talk needs to happen about what this is. Maybe some boundaries about what is expectable conduct with others!

And how about Jess! What is she up to? Is she just feeling bad after her break-up with Frank. Or has she set her sights on Eric, breaking these two up before they even get started. Maybe an apology from her would break the tension, not that I see her caring enough to do anything of the sort!

If Eric really is into keeping this thing going with Jay, Jess needs to not be in the picture! She is obviously trouble for these two working things out! To bad Eric doesn't see that or care enough about Jay to see how this feels to him! I'm fascinated now to read the next chapter, just to see if these guys even have anything worth saving!

dnsontndnsontnover 2 years ago

Of course conflict was inevitable, teen angst and all that. Am I the only one starting to see Louis as a better option? Choosing contacts over glass and a nice shirt? Maybe Louis wanted Jay to notice and he did. I'm watching the sidelines here and I think something is stirring...

BradleyScottBradleyScottover 2 years agoAuthor

YEAH! What the HELL is up with this Eric guy? I mean, the nerve!!! (Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.)

Seriously though, I do appreciate the impassioned responses, and I promise this story is going somewhere. (Even if it might take a little while to get there.) If you haven't read my blog about it, I'm trying to stay roughly true to the first version, but we're not too far off from new territory - and the whole thing is already written. Chapter 10 should be coming sometime this weekend!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Despite some comments I think this is an exceptionally well crafted story, with believable characters, scenarios and dialogue.

The writer spent time and creative effort to bring us this work and I for one am grateful for that effort.

Still 5 stars and looking forward to further chapters.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBradleyScott@BradleyScott
I'm just a gay dude from Cape Town, South Africa, flexing my writing muscles and putting out some stories about cute guys falling in love, hoping to make some money off of them one day so I can write instead of work. That's the dream. Thanks for reading One More Year! (Assumi...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES