All Comments on 'One More Year Ch. 14'

by BradleyScott

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
BlowPopJBlowPopJover 2 years ago

Oh what a tangled web

BaladeerBaladeerover 2 years ago

Such a good story. I'm wondering when Jay will realize what's staring him in the face with - Louis.

Can't wait for more, sooner rather than later please :)

readerfeederreaderfeederover 2 years ago

Eric is the wooooorst, boo. I think both Louis and Jay let him off too easily.

Still unsure if I'm sensing...something... between Louis and Jay. Maybe it's because they're are quite close and there aren't any other romantic options introduced in the story so my brain latches onto the two of them. I don't think they are quite right for each other, but I want them both to end up with someone good - they deserve as much.

looking forward to the next chapter!

dnsontndnsontnover 2 years ago

I have to wonder at the symbolism of the last line ...

armplasmaarmplasmaover 2 years ago

At first I wanted Jay to end up w/ Louis, but I never see any attraction coming from Louis to Jay. And they're very similar person as well. I wonder if they're better as just friends. But I really really don't want Jay to end up w/ Eric as well. And so far Jamie hasn't shown any interest on Jay beyond fuckbuddies.

whydomenwhydomenover 2 years ago

Damn, glad Jay didn't get back with Eric after that... maybe if Eric really does keep his word and make an effort to take control over his life I'd approve of him but for now it's a 'no' from me. A pleasure to read as always :)

BradleyScottBradleyScottover 2 years agoAuthor

Had a really rough weekend, but coming here to read the comments really cheered me up. 😀 (Still can't comment on plot though - a slippery slope to spoilers, that is - but glad people are enjoying it.) Thanks for reading and commenting!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Eric is not a bad person, he is a confused teenager grappling with embracing who he is while dealing with an abusive and homophonic father. Jay is right to be cautious with his feelings and not jumping back into the relationship. But Eric deserves compassion and support while he works through what he is feeling. It gets better.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Eric is not a good person. He is damaged from his abusive father, but he too has become an abuser. He only considers himself and what he wants, he rarely can empathize with others even when he’s truly hurt them, used them, and mistreated them. He moves between very hot and very cold depending on toxic influences from the likes of Jess and his dad. Does Eric deserves some compassion? Sure, but it shouldn’t be expected to come from those he’s abused or those close to them (Jay, Louis, Mel, John, Ellie). Let Vince show compassion or get a good therapist, or come out to your mom. But it is unhealthy for him to be easily forgiven by those he’s harmed - it shows him there is little consequence for his horrible actions and that some scripted words can erase all the pain. I really don’t think Jay nor Louis should try to maintain a friendship with Eric. To be a friend, there has to be trust, respect, kindness, empathy - Eric has not been consistently capable of any of that with these two “exes.”

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBradleyScott@BradleyScott
I'm just a gay dude from Cape Town, South Africa, flexing my writing muscles and putting out some stories about cute guys falling in love, hoping to make some money off of them one day so I can write instead of work. That's the dream. Thanks for reading One More Year! (Assumi...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES