One Night In Bangkok Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

As 9:00am approached, it would've been a great time to commit a crime in the Town & County. MCD and Vice were packed full of Officers, as were the television rooms of 1st and 2nd Precincts. The tension in those rooms could be cut with a katana. Even Lt. Rudistan was not jovial today.

The eyes of the State were upon me as I entered the Judiciary Committee chamber and was escorted down the aisle to the table in front of the rows of seats where the Representatives of the State were arrayed. I was wearing my dark gray suit that was lined with armor, a collared button-down white shirt, and a solid blue tie. With me was my attorney, Mike G. Todd of the Madison & Ives Law Firm. He looked just a shade too jovial for the gravity of this Inquisition about to take place.

The rows of seats behind my table were full, mostly with reporters, their faces showing their rabid, desperate hope to see me and Governor Val Jared destroyed. Robert Mullen and State Attorney General Karl Handel were also seated in the group, but placed fairly well away from me so that they would not be seen when the cameras focused upon me.

I also saw Bill Hacosta amongst the reporters; to my chagrin, the Westphalia D.A. had refused to charge him after I'd arrested him.

There was one beacon of light in that dark pool of hatred: Sheriff Griswold was seated right behind me, also wearing a civilian suit. He had forbidden anyone else from the TCPD from attending; ergo, Cindy Teresa, Tanya, and even Chief Moynahan had joined the crowd in MCD to nervously watch, as had ADAs Paulina Patterson and Franklin Washington.

I shook Sheriff Griswold's hand as I got to the table, then turned and sat down. The Legislators trickled in and took their seats, none of them keeping eye contact with me as I looked at each one of them in turn. For them, this was just one of their political games. For me, it was my life and the future of Truth and Justice at stake.

At 9:00am sharp, State House Justice Committee Chairman Justin Madoff (D - The City), one of the most corrupt politicians in the State, banged his gavel to begin the proceedings. "This hearing is in session." he said. "We are here to continue the work begun by Robert Mullen's Independent State Counsel to determine the truth of Governor Val Jared's abuse of power, and ultimately to impeach and remove the Governor from office. Police Commander Donald Troy has been subpoenaed by this Committee to appear, and he has fulfilled that obligation and is here now. Each Committee member will have five minutes of time to ask questions. Swear in the witness, please."

The Sergeant-At-Arms of the State House had me stand and raise my right hand. "Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God?" he asked.

"I do." I replied. He had me sit down.

"Does the witness wish to make an opening statement?" asked Madoff.

"I will read a statement on his behalf." said Mike G. Todd. "My client has met his legal obligation to appear before this Committee, and his words will be the truth. Not what you want to hear, but the actual truth." That got us some dirty looks from some of the Democrats on the Committee... and crafty looks from others, particularly A.G. Handel. Here we go, I thought to myself.

"First question: the Representative from Southport, Mr. McKinney." said Madoff.

"Commander Troy," said McKinney, "you are also an Inspector in the SBI Reserve, is that right?"

I looked at Mike, who just nodded. And then I answered:

"On the advice of Counsel, and pursuant to the Rights afforded me by the Fifth Amendment of the Constitution of the United States, I decline to answer that question nor any questions from this Committee..."

Finis... for now.