All Comments on 'One Night in Poughkeepsie'

by SolarRay

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
igorioigorioabout 5 years ago

Story flows really well

maddictmaddictabout 5 years ago
Click

Nothing wrong with a little white lie, and yes I believe it.

A fun story

YDB95YDB95about 5 years ago
Great writing!

I really sensed the mix of embarrassment and titillation when they met the family, as well as Amy's growing desire. Nice touch with Amy wearing her bush natural, too - there's not enough of that these days. Excellent story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Great job!

Great story, very original, with an original POV. One of the best.

SolarRaySolarRayabout 5 years agoAuthor

Thanks guys! Glad you enjoyed this little overnight escapade. I greatly appreciate the read and comments!

theMasterBaitertheMasterBaiterabout 5 years ago
Well done!

Funny, hot, and well written

PennameWombatPennameWombatabout 5 years ago
A song reference

Are you by chance familiar with a song called "Poughkeepsie, City of Sin" by Batteries Not Included? It's about 30 years old. I spent 15 years in and around Poughkeepsie and Duchess and Ulster counties. I just found a newish video someone did to it (it's newish because it shows signage for the Walkway Over the Hudson which didn't exist when the song came out.) WPDX every year would do their 1015 (101.5 FM) best ever rock songs, this was always number 1015.

If it's allowable, this is the YouTube link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYgkZBoUvmE

SolarRaySolarRayabout 5 years agoAuthor

Thanks @theMasterBaiter! I'm so glad you liked it!

Wow, thanks for posting that @PennameWombat. I'm surprised I hadn't heard it. And you're right, I think the walkway opened in 2009. I'm looking for the lyrics now. -- I don't live in Poughkeepsie but I pass through there now and then for various reasons, though usually as a pit stop on my way somewhere nearby. I've always found it to be one of those cities in a fascinating transition, hence the choice here. Thanks!

yukonnightsyukonnightsabout 5 years ago
A Really Fun Story

This was such a fun read. I was drawn in and couldn't put it down until I finished. As wildly improbable as this might be in real life, you made it totally believable. I especially enjoyed the first person female point of view, with all the thoughts and emotions revealed in such intimacy—and the awkward reality of Paul and Amy's dilemma. Great scene setting too, the old hotel sure came alive that One Night ;)

SolarRaySolarRayabout 5 years agoAuthor

Thanks for the comments @yukonnights! Improbable-but-believable is the most fun, in my opinion. ;) I'm glad you enjoyed those elements. Really enjoying your stories as well!

writerjabwriterjabover 4 years ago
Enjoyed it thoroughly!

What an excellent story you crafted. I felt as if I was hovering over a shoulder observing the whole tale. I especially like how you delved into the thoughts Amy was dealing with. Also, too many writers express sex as something partners gabble on about as it happens. These seemed far more realistic. Amy and Paul — I cant help but hope these two fell in love!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
wonderful

Great story. I'd love to hear more of Paul and Amy's exploits

gladventurergladventurerabout 2 years ago

Fun. I really enjoy reading this. I especially liked the story being told from Amy's perspective throughout. Would love to hear the most erotic things that Amy and Paul did.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Wonderful read. Great characters. Any chance of a follow-up?

Mfj

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Loved the dynamics of the ladies' friendship.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSolarRay@SolarRay
I am a sex-positive nudist who enjoys working with themes of sexual discovery, exploration, and the fear of first time nudity as experienced through scenarios of exhibitionism, voyeurism, and group sex. I try to write characters that become liberated through transformative sce...