Only You

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You believe me, right?" he asked, stroking a finger along my cheek.

I nodded, heaving a shaky sigh. "But when I saw that, whether it's true or not, it just hurt so much, that I'm kind of thinking that maybe we should slow things down."

He didn't too happy, but he agreed. "Okay. We'll take things slow. But I don't want to lose you."

He tugged me against him and kissed me. And though I tried to resist, my fingers were sliding into his hair and he was slipping his hands under my dress and filling them up with my backside.

Realizing how carried away we were getting as he licked his way up to my ear I pulled back. "We are not fooling around in your grandmother's house."

He smirked. "I'm not fooling around. I've really missed you."

I wondered if we'd be like my parents, ready to jump each other every time we got back together. Providing of course, that he didn't get tired of coming back home to me.

"I should be helping out with the desserts," I told him, but he didn't budge.

"They're probably all sitting in front of the TV watching football. So, I doubt anybody cares much about dessert right now."

I tried to give him my sternest look, but it wasn't easy, with that teasing little glimmer in his eye. "Russell James McCabe, I am getting down off this washing machine. And you..." I poked him in the chest. "...are going to behave yourself."

Unrepentant, he was still wearing a sexy smirk, even as he helped me get down off the washer. Then he followed me into the kitchen where my sister was busy loading the dishwasher.

When she gave us a knowing smile, I gave her a little nod to let her know that everything was okay.

While Russell made the coffee, Meg and I put the desserts out on the table.

Surprisingly, after the big dinner we'd had, everyone still came and got a plateful, before going back to watch the game.

Russell tried one of my brownies, and rolled his eyes. "Oh, wow. These are so good. I wonder who made them?"

Meg flashed me a grin. "Those would be my sister Lacey's killer brownies."

"Well, they're so good I think I'm gonna have to have two."

"You better save room for Meg's pecan pie, and a slice of your gran's sweet potato, if you don't want to hurt their feelings."

He reached for a plate. "Why, not. Thanksgiving only comes around once a year."

Meg leaned in. "But the calories seem to linger forever."

Then his gran called out from the kitchen, "Russ, everyone wants to know when your new movie is coming out."

Russell and I just laughed, since we'd been trying to forget about the trouble it had caused.

Looking at me he shrugged as he told her, "It'll be out in time for Christmas."

"Yeah, and I'm really looking forward to it," I muttered under my breath as Russell started chuckling. I could hardly wait to see him kissing another woman, especially up on the big screen.

Looking around then, I noticed since the last time I was in his grandmother's house that she must have had the place remodelled. Her old dated kitchen was gone, replaced with a beautiful state of the art, white with gray granite counter tops. And I could just imagine who arranged it for her.

Russell noticed me glancing around and shrugged. "She told me she liked everything the way it was, but now with everything updated, she seems pretty happy with it." He grabbed my hand, and nodded at the stairs. "Bet it's been a long time since you've seen my old room."

I was amazed that nothing had changed, and even his old double bed looked the same.

Following my gaze, he nodded at the bed. "I've got too many memories in that bed to want to change it."

Before I could say anything, he tugged my hand and got me to sit down with him. "You know the memories I have in this bed are all with you."

"I can't be only woman you've ever slept with." Though he was the only man I'd ever been with, I didn't think it was possible for him to resist all the sweet young things that had to be throwing themselves at him.

"It's only ever been you, Lacey." The way he said it, I knew he meant it.

I wasn't sure what to say. I wanted to believe him, but I wondered how it was possible. Especially since I'd read that he'd dated nearly everyone of his co-stars. Though I was starting to wonder if what he said was true, that most of the stories were made up, just to help promote his movies.

"Well, then, I guess we've only ever been with each other," I said, deciding to be honest.

We curled up on the bed, and as he pulled me into his arms, it felt nice to be back in his room, and in his bed.

"You remember, every time my grandmother went off to play Bingo, I'd go and get you and we'd spend every hour she was gone making love."

"But this wasn't where we had our had our first time together."

"I know," he said, stroking his hand over my cheek. "You think I'd ever be able to forget that first night on the beach at Red Rock Trail. It was so cool out, that we had a fire going, and had to cuddle up to keep warm."

"You warmed me up alright."

He chuckled. "Same goes."

Russell gently touched his lips to mine. We were both smiling, kind of lost in the moment, and we jumped when his grandmother called out, "Russ, are you up there? Your cousin Jessie wants to know if we have any old family movies around."

Rolling his eyes, he laughed. "I knew it was too good to last. Guess I'd better get down there and find those movies, so she doesn't come up here looking for them."

All of us sitting together watching the old movies was fun. His grandmother seemed to have recorded every dance competition we competed in. The other nice thing was, I got to hold the baby, and he cooed and laughed for a bit, till he fell asleep in my arms.

Russell, sitting beside me on the couch, leaned in and whispered, "You look good with a baby."

"Maybe one day," I said, as I touched a kiss to his little chubby pink cheek.

Before we left, Russell got kisses from all the ladies as he handed out Thanksgiving gifts of flowers and chocolates, to thank us all for making such a nice dinner.

Though Russell and I had patched things up, I was still a little leery of getting in over my head. So, I pressed a kiss to his cheek and thanked him for the candy and flowers, and told him I'd see him at rehearsal on Monday night.

I was regretting my decision almost as soon as I got home. Knowing we could have been spending the night together if I hadn't been so stubborn, had me wanting to kick myself.

Meg watching TV, gave me a little grin. "I bet if you phoned him, he'd be over here in a flash."

"The problem is, he'll be gone soon. Which means, I'm going to have to get used to the idea, that we'll never really be together."

"Well, look at mom and dad. Whenever he's back, the two of them are inseparable. If anything, the time they spend apart seems to make them want to be even closer."

"I know. But I just can't imagine Russell cooling his heels for months at a time, waiting to get back with me. One day, I think he'll probably give in and just take whatever comfort he can find with whoever he's with."

"I don't think so, Lacey, because I don't think he'd ever want to risk what you two have together."

I just hoped she was right.

***

Monday night when Meg and I got to the gym, I was surprised at how many people were gathered around talking.

Russell smiled when he saw us walking in, and waved us over and took a moment to introduce everyone. Then he waved at someone walking in behind us. And when I looked at Meg, I'd never seen her look so starry-eyed.

"Brooks, glad you could make it, buddy" he said to his tall dark handsome friend, reaching out to shake his hand and give him a slap on the back, when he'd walked over to join us.

I almost laughed when Brooks took one look at my sister and he blinked his eyes, looking as mesmerized as she did, as he held out his hand to shake hers.

"Brooks, this my girlfriend Lacey's sister Megan, and Meg this is my good friend, Brooks Daniels."

I noticed Brooks had to swallow pretty hard, before he could find his voice. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Megan."

She grinned. "Believe me, the pleasure's all mine."

As the two of them wandered off and started talking together Russell and I just smiled at each other as he whispered, "Looks like those two really hit it off."

Looking back at them, standing close together, I nodded. "Yeah, I'd say so."

The rehearsals went well. When the mayor's brother and his band started playing 'Duelling Banjos,' I couldn't believe how good they were. Everyone stood staring as they plucked at the strings, while I tried to figure out where to fit them in the program. Deciding probably near the end of the show would be best, so we could finish the show with a flourish.

"I've never seen anyone work a banjo like that," I whispered to Russell, and he just nodded as he tapped his foot, keeping time with the music.

Once they strummed the last note, a huge round of applause broke out, a couple of the guys even whistling, everyone was so blown away by their talent.

I noticed the church soloist Joanna looked a little anxious about having to follow Eddie and his band. But whatever Russell said to her seemed to calm her down. And when she stood out in front of us, and started singing the first line of Mariah Cary's, "All I Want for Christmas is You," we all looked around at each other amazed, as she belted out the lyrics, like the song was written just for her.

"Wow, she can really sing," Meg said, now that she and Brooks had come to stand behind us.

"I think if she put together a demo tape, she'd be signed be in heartbeat," Brooks said, looking a pretty surprised.

"That can be arranged," Russell said, smiling as she hit the highest note that I'd ever heard anyone sing, sending goosebumps racing across my skin.

The excitement was palpable, seeing it all come together, even better than we'd planned.

Russell slipped his arm around me and gave me a squeeze and kissed the top of my head, obviously as thrilled as I was.

"Isn't this incredible,' I said once Joanna shyly took a bow as everyone clapped and cheered, once she'd finished.

Brooks got up next, grabbed his guitar and started belting out Willie Nelson's classic, 'Mamas, Don't Let Your Boys Grow Up To Be Cowboys.' Naturally, with his gaze fixed on Meg as he sang.

I loved the swoony look on her face as Brooks seemed to be singing just to her.

I squeezed Russell's hand and gestured at my sister staring adoringly at his friend, and he flashed me a smile.

It looked like we were all going to have a nice Christmas. And from the way the tickets were selling, it also looked like the church was going to be fixed soon, too.

Maybe even sooner than I thought. When I got up the next morning, got a coffee and took a look out the window, I couldn't believe that there was a crew on the roof of the church, putting up new rafters.

I was so excited, I nearly called out to my sister, to come and take a look, till I remembered, that she wasn't alone.

Since the moment they first met, the two of them were inseparable, and I had feeling Brooks and Meg were considering a future together.

Knowing I had to tell someone, I picked up my phone and called Russell.

"Oh, good, I was hoping they'd get it done before the weather got too bad. We could be getting a foot of snow next week, according to the weather forecast."

"But I wonder who would have paid for it. We haven't raised enough to replace the roof yet, even with everyone in town chipping in."

I could hear the smile in his voice, when he suggested, "Maybe it was Santa Claus. But at least the church will be safe, once it's got a roof on it again."

I had a feeling I knew who Santa was, though I doubt he'd admit it was him. "Thank you," I whispered. "You are a very sweet man."

Letting it drop, he reminded me, "Don't forget, I'm picking you up to take a look at our venue today. How about I come around lunch time?"

There were two big tall pine trees, standing by the entrance of the arena now. Both done up in lights, they just looked so festive, especially with the two big red bows on the doors. "Aren't they beautiful," I remarked to Russell.

"Yeah, Greg said he'd do what he could to try and make it look a little more Christmassy."

"Well, I think it looks wonderful."

Clutching Russell's hand, I actually gasped when we stepped inside. He was smiling, too. Seeing there was now a stage at one end and enough seating for probably over five hundred people.

"I can't believe the transformation. It sure doesn't look like a horse arena anymore."

He nodded. "Greg did a really good job."

"Well, I intend to pay him back for everything he's spent."

"You can try, but I don't think he'd let you. He told me his family has a lot of history in that old church, too. And he said he's more than happy to do whatever he can."

I had to wipe at my eyes. I just never knew that people had it in them to be so kind.

***

The night before the concert, since he'd just got back in town, I was giving my dad's hair a trim, and he smiled at me in the mirror. "So, tomorrow's the big day."

I nodded. "Yeah, time just seems to have flown. It's hard to believe it's almost December 17th. We sold out two shows, and probably could have done a third one. But I was thrilled that everyone offered to do a couple of shows, back-to-back, one at four, and the other at eight o'clock. So, I think we'll make more than enough to do all the repairs."

"Your mother and I so proud of you, for putting it all together. Especially, considering that you're still working full time."

"Well, I had a lot of help, Dad. Russell's been wearing himself ragged. And everyone has just been so generous with their time."

Once I'd finished, he got up and put a little wad of bills in the donation jar, and turned and pressed a kiss to my cheek. "Thanks for the haircut, sweetheart. I figure I've got to look good at this concert, since my girl's arranged the whole thing."

My dad always gave the best hugs. Before he left, he gave me biggest bearhug ever. And as he dropped a kiss on my cheek, I was so glad they'd both be in the audience to enjoy the show.

Just after my father had left, Russell walked in and pulled me in for a kiss, since the shop was empty, so there was no one to see us.

"Everything's ready for tomorrow. I just checked in with Gary, and he's got plows ready to roll in case it snows, to clear the driveway and the parking area."

I squeezed him tight. I was just so happy that he was taking care of all the little details I didn't have time to get to. "I don't know what I'd do without you, Russell. I never even thought about the snow. But I'm glad you're on top of it."

"Well, that makes two of us, because I don't know what I do without you."

I took him by the hand, and said, "We should go upstairs and have some dinner."

"It's already taken care of. Brooks is cooking some potatoes and veggies, to go with the beef roast I put in the oven a couple of hours ago."

As we were about to leave, Meg walked in from picking up a load of clean towels. She smiled when she heard Russell saying that the two of them had gone to the trouble of making us dinner.

After she'd stowed the towels, she came over and kissed his cheek, and grinned at me. "I think we really lucked out with our guys, don't you?"

I loved that he actually blushed when she said that, he was so tall and manly it just looked so cute to see his cheeks turning pink.

"Oh, and just to give you a heads up. Brooks even tried to bake a cake. It looks a little funky, but hopefully it'll taste alright."

"Well, seeing as he went to the trouble, we'll tell him it's good, no matter what it tastes like," I promised. I reached for my purse, so we could lock up and go and enjoy the dinner they'd made for us.

Meg and I both sniffed the air and smiled. There was just something about a roast cooking that made a house feel like a home. And I was starting to realize that the two men in our lives, were especially nice to come home to.

Meg went over to give Brooks a kiss and see what he was making. He pointed the spoon at the pan on the stove. "Is the gravy supposed to have those big lumps in it?"

She grinned and kissed the end of his nose. "I can strain it, and it'll be fine."

"Actually, you might want to taste it first, to be sure it's worth the trouble."

She grabbed a spoonful, and Russell and I tried not to laugh at the way she shuddered once she'd tasted it. She pulled a face as she asked him, "Ooh, how much salt did you put in this?"

"I don't know, a couple of spoonfuls. Why is it too salty?"

She shuddered again as she forced herself to swallow. "Yeah, maybe just a tadge. I can make some more, and it won't take long."

Dinner was actually pretty good, and we made a point of raising our glasses to toast the cooks.

But after we'd finished dinner, when Brooks put the chocolate cake on the table, it just looked so sad. With a big crack down the middle and more frosting on the plate than on the cake, since it had all run off, it looked like a moat surrounding it. We tried not to laugh, but we couldn't help it. Luckily, Brooks thought it was funny, and he laughed too. "Well, I hope it tastes okay, but I think this'll be my first and last attempt at baking a cake."

Meg just smiled, and stroked his cheek. "We'll make the next one together, sweetie."

"Okay," he said, as Meg tried her best to cut the cake to slices.

It actually tasted okay, after we scooped up some frosting and drizzled it on top.

Meg and I offered to clean up, since they'd made dinner.

And after we were done, we all knew what he was up to when Brooks stretched his arms over his head and pretended to be tired and started to yawn. Obviously, so that he and my sister would have an excuse to go to bed. We all said goodnight, though Russell and I were smiling as we watched him slip his arm around her waist as he walked her down the hallway to her bedroom.

Since our little misunderstanding about his co-star, Russell hadn't been staying overnight. I guess trying to take things slow, like he'd promised.

But tonight, I really wanted him with me. After we turned off the TV, he looked a little surprised when I slipped my arm through his and walked him the other way, to my room.

"If you want, I'll sleep in my clothes," he offered, as I pushed up on my toes and kissed him.

I shook my head. "No. Tonight, I want you naked in my bed, wearing nothing but a smile."

And that smile was devilish as he unzipped his fly and started tossing aside his clothes. "That I can do."

It just felt so good to cuddle up with him again, skin to skin.

"Are you nervous about tomorrow?" I asked him, resting my head on his shoulder and trailing my fingers through his chest hair.

"No. I think it's gonna to be a really good show. And I'm looking forward to it."

"I am, too. But I'm still a little nervous. I've never done anything like this before."

He turned his head at me, grinning. "I know what'll take your mind off it."

"I bet you do," I said, letting my fingers trail down over his abs, making him suck in a breath as I traced teasing little circles around the tip of his erection.

I don't think he was in the mood to play, considering how long it had been since we'd made love. He flipped me onto my back, and started kissing his way down my body, till I could hardly breathe he had me so wound up. The way he was tauntingly teasing and tasting, my mouth fell open on a gasp and my fingers dug into his hair as he slid his tongue into the heat of me, reminding me just how much I'd missed this with him.

"Baby, you're so sweet," he murmured as he dragged his tongue across my folds, groaning as he slid a finger inside me.

Once he located my G-spot and kept working it with his fingers, it didn't take long before he had me seeing stars. "Oh wow!" I cried out as I came, shivering right down to my toes.

1...345678