Orphan Ch. 25-29

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You enjoyed it? In truth?"

"In truth, Alex Gilroy. You doubt me?"

He shook his head. "No, myself, that I could make you feel pleasure."

"Never doubt it, my love. What we had, what we have, is wonderful, and I can scarce wait for it to be our bedtime again."

"Patience, sweetheart! We can scarce scamper off to bed as soon as we finish dinner."

She pouted. "I know, and I do love Uncle Silas, and enjoy his company." She sighed. "I shall contain myself in patience, but it will soon be time for church in any event. We must hear our banns read today, together, even if those other times I shall be without you."

"Indeed. Do you wish me to wear my uniform?"

"Not for me, my love. If you feel the need, then wear it."

"Tuesday will be soon enough to wear my uniform again. 'Tis as well I had non-Navy clothing available to me, else I would not have had the choice."

"I think you are of a size with Uncle Silas. Perhaps a loan might have been arranged?" Roxane was trying hard not to giggle.

"Perhaps an appointment with his tailor, instead."

"Perhaps." She pointed. "I think Uncle Silas calls us for church."

Roxane had become known to quite a few people since she had arrived to live with her uncle, but before she had always been seen with her uncle, and her arrival at church on the arm of Alexander Gilroy caused a few raised eyebrows, but when the banns were read those eyebrows went higher. After the service concluded, they were the focus of curiosity. That Molly Dubois was also on the arm of someone not known to them was also causing the tongues to wag, but Roxane took a moment to admire the young maid's poise in variously answering, rebuffing or ignoring the comments and queries directed at her.

After the service, Reverend Collier made a point of stopping to talk with Roxane and Gilroy, welcoming him to the congregation.

"Thank you, Reverend, but I am afraid that the Navy takes me away from you again. I sail away on Tuesday, and I do not in all truth know when I shall be able to return. But return I shall, and Miss Harrison and I look forward to having you marry us. In fact, my Bosun, John Jenkins, has also found romance here. No doubt you can expect a visit from him, but he sails with me on Tuesday so will be unable to attend your usual Friday office."

"No matter, Captain Gilroy. If he should care to call tomorrow I shall be available."

"Thank you, Reverend Collier. I'll make sure he's aware of that."

"Indeed. Now, if you'll excuse me?"

"Of course."

Silas Le Tessier was a much-respected member of the local community, and as members of his household, Roxane and Gilroy were obliged to endure intense curiosity as to their forthcoming marriage, in view of the banns having been called, but eventually, they made their excuses and managed to get away.

"In truth, my love, I'd rather face the French again than some of those old biddies!" Gilroy made no secret of his exasperation, but Roxane only laughed.

"Face it, my love, you are the most exciting thing to happen to them in months, perhaps years."

"The only one I wish to excite is you, my sweet Roxane

"And you will, but later, my love. For now, we must be the very model of decorum, lest they suspect our love is already consummated." She gestured. "Uncle Silas signals us to the carriage. Let us away, for I am hungry, both for food, and, later, love."

But it was to tell them of a change of plan that Le Tessier summoned them.

"I shall be dining with Mr Delahaye and his wife tonight. It gives us a chance to talk business quietly after dinner. Delahaye will send me home in his own carriage, so you need not worry about me." Le Tessier smiled. "I feel sure that each other's company will be sufficient for you tonight. If you have retired when I get home - and I suspect a long talk with Delahaye is due, for an enterprise we have been discussing seems imminent - if you have retired, then I shall see you at breakfast. Have a good night, both of you, and for now, au revoir."

"'Have a good night', eh?" said Gilroy, as Le Tessier moved away. "Do you think he suspects."

"I think he does," said Roxane, "but he will not say anything for fear of embarrassment, his own as well as ours. Provided we are discreet, we need not worry." She gestured. "Mr Trevelyan and Andrew are already seated. Shall we go?"

Le Tessier was not a man to make his servants walk when a carriage was available, and Trevelyan and Andrew shared the driving, while Mrs Trevelyan and Molly rode inside. They were waiting beside the carriage.

"I hope you have not been waiting long?" said Roxane.

"Goodness, no, Miss Roxane. A moment or two only. Mr Le Tessier tells me he dines at Delahaye's tonight?"

"Quite so, Mrs Trevelyan. The little corner table again, for the captain and me, I think, or else set two extra places in the kitchen?"

Mrs Trevelyan frowned. "It would be a tight squeeze, I feel. The little corner table it shall be, I think."

"Of course. Are we ready? Then let us go."

* * * * *

Chapter 28

Dinner that night was a time of secret looks, shared smiles, soft murmurs, teasing each other. They sat for a time in the parlour, but before ten had struck, they were more than ready for bed. Roxane took a moment to inform Mrs Trevelyan, but she was absent. Jenkins and Molly were at ease, sitting at the table. They looked up as Roxane came in.

"Yes, Miss Roxane?"

"Captain Gilroy and I are retiring for the night, Molly."

Molly nodded. "Shall I bring hot water for your toilet?"

"Please, Molly."

"In a moment, then."

She was as good as her word and knocked on Roxane's door before she had started to undress.

"Come in?"

"Your water, Miss Roxane." Molly put the jug on the dresser, and turned to go, but paused.

"Yes, Molly? Was there something?"

The maid flushed. "'Tis none of my business, I know, but if you're planning on sharing the captain's bed tonight, I shall make a little noise when I bring your hot water in the morning. I'll leave it in your room. Perhaps you can share a few extra moments together."

"Molly, you're a romantic. Indeed, I do plan on sharing Captain Gilroy's bed tonight. Aye, for the memories must sustain me until his return." Roxane cocked her head. "And you, Molly? Do you share John Jenkins' bed?"

Molly grinned. "I do, Miss Roxane, and the sooner I get cleared up, the sooner that can happen!"

"Go, then," said Roxane, laughing as the maid scampered out and ran lightly down the stairs. She stripped off her clothes, and washed herself. On an impulse, she merely carried her robe, and was otherwise naked when she knocked lightly on Gilroy's door and, as they had earlier agreed, made her way straight in.

She laughed to see him, for he was ready for her, lying on his back, and his erection gave testimony to the thoughts that must have passed through his mind whilst he was waiting for her. She draped her robe over the back of a chair and walked over to the bed, kneeling on it, and bending for Gilroy's kiss, one hand squeezing his erection.

"Why, Captain Gilroy, whatever have you been thinking?"

He took her hand, lifted it to his mouth and kissed her knuckles. "What have I been thinking? Well, one thought predominates, my sweet Roxane, and that is wondering how I shall feel when my cock meets your sweet quim again."

"Hmm. I believe my own anticipation has rendered me sufficiently wet to accommodate you. Shall we find out?"

She'd enjoyed riding him that morning and didn't hesitate to bestride his legs, shuffling forward on her knees until she was poised over him, then down, a wriggle to make sure he was properly in, then down again, a little further. She held his eye as she sank down on him, a pause while she lifted to make sure he was sufficiently dampened by her secretions, then down, until her bottom met his thighs.

She uttered a soft moan at the pure, carnal pleasure of accommodating within her body the hard cock of the man she loved, an echo in Gilroy's tone as she enveloped him.

"Ah, Roxane, the reality is so much better than the imagining of it."

"You but tell the simple truth of it, my love. 'Tis a wonderful feeling, to have you within me."

"You are fast becoming a sensuous wanton in the privacy of our bedchamber, my love."

She cocked her head, smiling. "Is that not what a man wants? That his wife, his woman, be a decorous lady in company, polite and reserved, but in private, making love, joins him wholeheartedly and unreservedly on a journey to ecstasy?"

He nodded. "Indeed so, my love. So? Shall we begin our journey?"

"We shall indeed," she said, squeezing down on him with her inner muscles, startling herself slightly at doing it.

Gilroy laughed, and blew her a kiss, his hands moving along her thighs, up her sides, to cup her breasts, his thumbs teasing at her nipples. She lifted her hands and pressed his own against herself, then began to move, beginning the slow oscillation that would take them to climax.

It was Roxane who came first, her quim squeezing down on Gilroy's cock, milking at it, but he was not yet ready for climax, and thrilled to the contractions that gripped him. He waited for her to calm, for the contractions to cease, then stretched up to kiss her.

"You are quick to climax, my love."

She frowned. "Is that good? Or bad?"

"For me, very good. For it means that I can carry on at my own pace, and then we will both be satisfied. Can you lower yourself onto me? And stretch out your lovely legs along mine?"

She wriggled and stretched out along his body, smiling down at him. "Very well. What now?"

"Now, my lovely one, we do this," said Gilroy, and Roxane squealed as she felt him roll them over, until she was on her back, and Gilroy on top. She smiled, and kissed him.

"Most facile, Captain. And now? I relax and you do the work?"

"Exactly, my lovely Roxane. For now, let me see if I can come to climax myself."

She laughed. "Is that in doubt, Captain Gilroy, my love? With your lovely, hard cock buried in my, admittedly somewhat wet, quim? With both of us naked? In your bed?"

"No, my dear Roxane. Now hush, my love, and let me ride you to my own climax."

"Ride on, my love!"

* * * * *

Chapter 29

At breakfast next morning, Roxane was thinking of the night before, the last time she and Gilroy would be able to make love until he returned, and the gods alone knew when that would be. She was near to tears but would not give way to them. After breakfast, Le Tessier left them discreetly alone, pleading paperwork that could not be left.

"Will you come on board with me this afternoon, my love?" Gilroy asked her. "I would like to introduce you to my officers and men as Roxane Harrison, rather than Lucille de Boeuf. As my true betrothed rather than as my pretend wife."

"Of course, although I fear I may be in tears when I am obliged to leave you, and return here alone."

Gilroy gave her a wry smile. "I may well be near tears myself."

The day passed all too swiftly for Roxane, but at three, she and Gilroy, with Jenkins and Molly, free for the afternoon, boarded Le Tessier's carriage, Andrew at the reins, for the ride to the harbour. Le Tessier had made his farewells after lunch, and he and John Trevelyan had gone off in the gig on a business visit Le Tessier could not postpone.

Pelican was moored at the quayside, and the gangplank was lowered, two marines on duty at the dockside. Gilroy was back in uniform and the two marines saluted him.

"Stand easy, lads," said Gilroy.

"Welcome back, sir."

"Thank you, Anson. 'Tis good to be back." Gilroy turned to Roxane. "My dear? Allow me to hand you aboard. There will be a certain amount of caterwauling as they pipe me aboard. Ritual, of course, but strangely satisfying."

Roxane was conscious of curious looks, and smiles, from the crew as she and Gilroy ascended the gangplank, accompanied by the sound of the bosun's pipe. Sam James was waiting and saluted the captain.

"Welcome back, sir. 'Tis good to see you so well so soon."

"Better still to feel that way, Mr James."

"Indeed, sir. Miss Harrison? Welcome back. Your place in the affection of this crew is certain."

"Thank you, Mr James."

"Sam? Are we fully victualled, and with enough fresh water, to make Gibraltar?"

"We are, sir."

"Excellent. Would you muster all hands, please? Let's not leave them in misery any longer."

With all hands mustered, Gilroy informed the crew that they sailed next morning for Gibraltar.

"Quite what they want of us, I do not know, but we shall find out soon enough. We sail on the ebb at five tomorrow morning, so be ready, lads. Tonight, an extra ration of grog, and I ask you please to use it to drink a toast to this lady at my side. Some of you may have heard her introduced last time she came on board as Madame Lucille de Boeuf. That was a ruse, for the French. She is in fact, Miss Roxane Harrison, and it was her father's yard that built the Pelican. She saved my life getting me out of France, and has saved it again since. But that seems to have exhausted her wisdom, for she has consented to become my wife."

Roxane flushed at the spontaneous roar of approval from the assembled crew, but there was no doubting that Gilroy's men approved of her. She leaned closer to him and whispered in his ear.

"May I address the crew?"

Surprised, he glanced at her, but with approval, she noticed. He nodded, and held up his hand for quiet. The murmurs died away, and he turned to bow to Roxane, then gestured her to step forward. There was curiosity on every face.

"Men of the Pelican, I thank you for your warm wishes. Captain Gilroy accuses me of losing my wisdom, but he saved my life, just as I saved his, and I have no hesitation in becoming his wife." She paused, smiling. "It seems I am marrying into a very large family." There was general laughter at that, and another burst of spontaneous applause, which died away as she held up her hand. "Thank you," she said, and stepped back to Gilroy's side, stretching up to kiss his cheek, to another roar.

"Mr James? Dismiss the crew, please," said Gilroy, "and ask the officers to assemble in my day-room. Miss Harrison and I will expect them in ten minutes."

"Aye, aye, sir."

With Roxane seated at his right, Gilroy surveyed his officers. He nodded.

"As you heard, Miss Harrison saved my life again. To save speculation, I shall tell you exactly what happened. We took a ride in her uncle's gig, with a cold lunch in a basket. We found a lovely place beside a stream to have our lunch, and had just set our things out when the rapist, Josiah Scrogg, felled me with a cudgel." He touched his head, the welt from the blow still livid. "As you see, I still bear the mark. I was knocked unconscious and Scrogg prepared to rape Miss Harrison. What he did not know was that Miss Harrison had a concealed pistol, and she shot him before he succeeded. That is all I, or Miss Harrison, will say about the incident, for it is not a pleasant memory for either of us, but mostly for Miss Harrison."

"Sir?"

"Yes, Mr Jones?"

"May I just say that we are very pleased that right prevailed, and I shall say no more on the matter, but may I also add that we are delighted that Miss Harrison has consented to become your wife, and we wish you every future happiness."

"Did you draw the short straw, Mr Jones?" said Gilroy, his tone mild.

Jones flushed, but grinned, nodding. "Aye, sir."

"You acquitted yourself well, then. On behalf of Miss Harrison and myself, thank you all." Gilroy smiled. "You might also offer your best wishes to my bosun, for Mr Jenkins has also found himself a future wife, the dark-haired young lady who came on board with him."

There were smiles on the officers' faces at the news. "We shall, sir, as soon as we see him," said Sam James.

"Very well. Gentlemen, for the moment, that is all I have to say. Our orders require us to report to the commander-in-chief, Naval forces, Gibraltar, at our earliest convenience. Let's see if we can get there before they expect us." He turned to Roxane. "Anything you'd like to say, my love?"

She smiled. "Only this. Thank you for your good wishes, gentlemen. Knowing the affection and respect that my future husband has for you all, it means a lot."

"Miss Harrison," said Sam James. "You have saved the captain's life twice, that we know of. This crew owes you a great debt. If we can ever assist you, just ask."

"Thank you, Mr James. At the moment all I can think of is one thing."

"And that is?"

"When the wedding day finally arrives, just make sure he turns up."

There was general laughter, not least Gilroy's. Sam James nodded, a broad smile on his face. "Our word on it, ma'am."

"Right, gentlemen," said Gilroy. "If you'd care to leave us, Miss Harrison and I must say our goodbyes."

"Aye, sir." The officers filed out, and Sam James closed the door behind him with a positive click. Gilroy turned to Roxane, drawing her into his arms. She laid her head on his chest, her arms around him.

"Know this, my love. As soon as I possibly can, I shall return, and we shall be wed. For now, though, kiss me, kiss me soundly, and then, my love, I fear you must leave."

The kiss was sweet, long, a promise, from each of them to the other. It was Roxane who broke it, fighting tears.

"Best I go, my love, ere I burst into tears and shame you."

Gilroy shook his head. "That would not shame me, my love. Nor should it, you."

"Even so, I should go."

"Yes, I fear you should. Go with my love, Roxane, and my promise, and know this. In my heart, you are already my wife."

"And in mine, you are my husband."

They kissed again, long, longing, a declaration as well as a promise. It was Gilroy who broke it this time. He sighed.

"Time for you to go, my love. I have much to do."

"Before I go, I want your promise not to over-exert yourself and spoil your healing."

He nodded. "I promise."

"Very well. Time for me to leave."

Molly was waiting on deck, and Roxane thought that she, too fought tears.

"You are ready, Molly?"

The maid made a face. "No, but 'tis time."

Gilroy and Jenkins escorted them to the coach, and took a last kiss each. The men helped the two women into the coach, and Gilroy signalled to Andrew, at the reins.

"Take them safe home, Andrew."

"Aye, sir, I will. Safe voyage, Captain Gilroy."

"Thanks, lad. Take care."

In the carriage, as it left the dockside, the two women watched the ship until a turn in the road took it out of sight, and they turned to each other. Roxane shook her head, mute, and Molly began to cry. They were seated opposite each other and Roxane moved across, beside Molly, and took the other girl in her arms, her own tears beginning to flow.

"Weep now, Molly, and again in bed, later, for that is what I shall be doing. But when we get home, we must put on a brave face."

Molly sniffed. "I know, Miss Roxane, but it isn't easy."

"I know, Molly, I know, but 'twas ever thus. Our men go to war, and we try never to show distress lest it diverts their attention from their duties." She hugged the maid. "If we are private together, feel free to weep, as I shall."

"I will, Miss Roxane, I will. But now, we're almost home, so we wipe our tears away and pretend life goes on."

"Indeed we do, Molly. Indeed we do." Roxane sighed. "Let us just hope that our men come home soon, and pray that they do so unscathed."

"Amen to that, Miss Roxane. Amen to that."

* * * * *

I was only going to post the four chapters, 25 to 28, but Chapter 29 essentially marks the end of the first part of this opus, so I thought it better to add that one too.

As always, comments and constructive criticism are welcome. And please vote on the tale, even if you're not commenting, as that gives me an indication of how well my efforts to entertain you are being received.

12