All Comments on 'Overdosing On Delusional Thoughts'

by moreandmore

Sort by:
  • 234 Comments
truthandjustice99truthandjustice99almost 2 years ago

What a cowardly wimp. Argue till all money gone but not talk He deserves to be alone forever in his own delusional world.

InfosaugerInfosaugeralmost 2 years ago

Interesting, but like the husband I too have the feeling, there is something missing in the story from Dusty. And she never apologized and told the reason why she did what she did - even if it was just watching? And Jean is an unsolved matter too.

I see the possibilty for RAAC under the right circumstances.

SwordWielderSwordWielderalmost 2 years ago

I wonder what would have happened if after she said "I didn't do anything", he said calmly "Fine, then I insist you take a lie detector test". Her reaction would have revealed a lot. Did she do things that wouldn't pass a spousal test? Probably. Did she commit adultery? Unknown. Would she allow a lie detector test given her guilt? Probably not. You barely touched on the parents. If the families were close, both sets of parents and possibly siblings would have been involved. It will be very interesting a few years down the road if Dusty gets serious with a guy, and he researches her divorce and wants to talk to her ex-husband before he gets serious or proposes marriage. That should lead to a few interesting conversations, especially the fallout. I don't think Karma is done with Dusty, and I believe she will pay a very stiff price for years to come.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nice little yarn. I think he should have tried to go after the police reports and maybe tried to talk to someone that was there - like one of the men? But going the stubborn route worked fine. At least he finally divorced her.

maedhros21maedhros21almost 2 years ago

As your moniker suggests there needs to be more on this. There wasn't a moment from the wife's perspective even if she was a cheating whore. Also, you mentioned the wife had been to the same hospital numerous times without the husband's knowledge, then you never brought it up again. Way too much hanging for 5 stars so it brings it down to a 2

BlackJackSteeleBlackJackSteelealmost 2 years ago

Not bad.

Not great, but not bad.

I would have liked to have seen a bit more meat on the table, though; a few more question answered.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 2 years ago

If you do the crime, you ought to do the time!

5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Not only was her bra missing but where was her ring???? When you take off your wedding ring, there is intention. I don't believe her for a second. He was stupid though with the refiling. He should have stayed in counseling, pressed the point about her being at the parties, without a bra and NOT wearing her ring(s). Her only comeback was she only watched. Really?? Why did you take your ring off to watch?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Untrustworthy wife. Curiosity killed the marriage.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 2 years ago

It was good, and I liked his zero tolerance attitude to her bullshit. Unfortunately, the ending felt anticlimactic.

It would've been better if Dusty cracked under the strain of being stonewalled, and finally confessed to exactly what she'd done (stripping?) and why she felt the urge to go to the orgies. Without an explanation of her motives, Dusty's character never had a chance to develop.

The way he dealt with the counselling attempts was great, but leaving the poor guy in debt and with a broken heart at the end of the story wasn't very satisfying either.

-

I think this needed to end on a high note.

Dean focuses on his job for a bit and starts making good money now he's got his phd. He meets an attractive younger woman through church or something, who is a traditional, conservative girl. They get married, have a couple of kids, and Dean gets the kind of family he always wanted.

They're in town one evening, and he spots an older woman stumbling along the street. It turns out it's actually Dusty, who decided to indulge her curiosity and eventually became a worn out crack whore for real. She sees him, their eyes meet, and she looks away in tears, filled with shame and regret.

Dean goes home feeling elated, but it's not because he's happy to see Dusty's life has turned to shit. He realises that he finally feels fully vindicated that he made the right decision in divorcing the deceitful slut.

tangoperutangoperualmost 2 years ago

We need Dusty's point of view.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

"You watch porn. What's the difference between that and what I was doing?"

Maybe it's that he wasn't doing it in person, or with people he knows? Or then spending another 36 hours a week with the orgy performers? He wasn't removing his wedding ring to watch the porn. He wasn't wearing special clothes to watch porn (OK, I could be wrong about this one). He hadn't been taking drugs the whole time (her mood swings) and not noticing. I'm sure there are others I haven't thought of.

M3ist3r75M3ist3r75almost 2 years ago

I feel there should be a follow up. Dusty's side perhaps? Maybe even reconciliation? Would that be wishful thinking?

MightyheartMightyheartalmost 2 years ago

Seems a bit half baked.

Write a sequel or explain in detail what happened at the party.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

needs a sequel on what happened to Dusty in the aftermath

servant111servant111almost 2 years ago

Rather depressing. But we’ll written.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodlealmost 2 years ago

He’s your protagonist? There’s no evidence she cheated, and he’s a fucking hypocrite: it’s between them when it’s convenient foe him but it’s ok for him to involve her family when it’s convenient for him.

300/wk is a pittance, she would have gone for the jugular: spousal abuse, mental abuse, the fact that he had her dress like a whore in the hospital would have added credence to her claim. Maybe he even raped her on occasion…after all, he is an evil man and she should get everything he has or will have.

So if you are going to write a flawed husband, do it with style.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I’m sure you will get a lot of comments that he was unreasonable and vindictive but realistically his decision cannot be faulted.

She finished work every Friday at three and yet he didn’t know this, she kept it from him. The underwear point was spot in, why did she want to feel sexy but only behind his back and never with him.

The friend, Jeans reaction is unbelievable really, outraged her won’t accept she didn’t do anything despite revealing his wife got naked. No really explanation was offered for what she had been doing, but given work ended at 3.00 it must have been a good whole.

Why did he have to pay her £300 a week if they were both working? That’s a old fashioned ruling dating back to when women stated home while their husband worked. In a time of equality men and women who are working should be required to support themselves.

Sad tale but the only realistic outcome.

OdiouserOdiouseralmost 2 years ago

Your word crafting was nearly perfect, you obviously slow proof your work and it is easy to see how you have earned so many followers.

But, this story line was not good at all. I just depressed me and left me hating both of your main characters.

He seems to have trashed his whole life with his pigheadedness.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Interesting story but lots of explained / explored holes to make it complete.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good story, but sad.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A part two with her side of the story would be good.

Cringo31Cringo31almost 2 years ago

A very interesting and well written short story. How can the wife not see what she did was so wrong but many people think that way. Great job.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Well done, good to see a wronged husband stick up for himself and get ride of a spouse that cannot be trusted

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The hole in this story is the counseling part. It should have not been included. All of the underlying questions would have been answered, the ring the lingerie the stripping or whatever that happened. Again the guy goes off like a fucking emotional lunatic without the capacity of using the English language. Not to mention he is written like a two year old with the stunt of what he made her wear leaving the hospital. In today’s world, if a nurse saw that, they would immediately have been stopped because of his apparent abuse, even if he was just being a dick.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Dusty was pretty delusional. I probably would have tried to Sue the crap out of the company and Jean.

offkilter123offkilter123almost 2 years ago

Just seems very incomplete.

tralan69ertralan69eralmost 2 years ago

There are too many things left unanswered.

Escape_WithinEscape_Withinalmost 2 years ago

Want to verify trust and non participation use a computer screen. I only sign in and comment on story that evolve feeling. After two decades as one of the anonymous I want to praise those who write. I like your stories. The phrase Trust but Verify comes screaming through here. I would a sequel or follow up can be provided with Dusty's view. I am really intrigued as to how someone can take the step to "view" but not participate while present. Like the protagonist here, I don't see how that is possible. And if you were not guilty why hide it. Keep up the great stories. I escape within to avoid the drama of real life. Thank you for giving me somewhere to go.

AngelRiderAngelRideralmost 2 years ago

There is a story here but the details are so outrageous that the lack of concrete explanation as to the numerous "whys" leave the story unsatisfying. At the same time, the divorce was a direct result of those extreme actions and the secrecy and dishonesty that followed. Your story does make sense but it feels incomplete, as if there are unresolved plot threads though an argument can be made either way whether there are. Confusing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

To many loose unanswered questions and unless there is a follow up with the disclosure for the reader it was drab and derivative.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I can’t log in as my pen name RolanRunn so I’ll just say this. I hope you’ll consider doing another story from Dusty’s perspective during and after the party and how she really feels about Dean divorcing her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

ring off, no bra, different kind of underware.

I think the ring off was the major point.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wow. This guy was such a jerk! Yes, the wife was wrong, but my goodness! He wasn't interested in even trying to salvage things. She was in the hospital and he didn't even care for her well-being. It seemed like he was no longer in love with her already. Before finding out what happened. Just a horrible person.

Nasty56Nasty56almost 2 years ago

Somewhat I feel like the story is not complete…part 2 please!

BigfundrewBigfundrewalmost 2 years ago

Pretty good. I get the point of view of the main character and why he handled it the way he did, but I would have like to see her explanation and details of just what happened and why.

grogers7grogers7almost 2 years ago

He never brought up the box with her wedding ring that he found in her car. Why remove her ring(s) if she was only innocently watching? Her explanation would have revealed intent and forced some self-realization of guilt.

demanderdemanderalmost 2 years ago

A good story, which needed more detail about the parties. I assume the MC just wasn't in need of answers, because even if she was telling the truth, she would be gone. And how could he ever believe what she said, anyway? D

Eveready1999Eveready1999almost 2 years ago

A fun read! It did leave a lot of questions, but that's a great way to leave your readers. Everyone wants part 2, me included. It's your choice to write it or not but maybe others want to help you out?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

"Dusty, with tears trickling down her cheeks, sniped back "And I hope you regret being such a short-sighted asshole."

Pot calling the kettle black. If anything, Dusty was the short sighted entitled one. Relationship boundaries and deal breakers. Attending sex and drug parties is a obvious deal breaker. Dusty's complaints that she didn't "do" anything were unbelievable. Having relationship deal breakers is actually a healthy way to protect yourself from toxic relationships and people. Life is far too short to spend it with someone who isn’t worth your time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

omg the lone wolf story is so 1960s. I can not find too much sympathy for you after your behavior and musings. Except saying, the righteous always die alone, even if that alone is in the next relationship. Go find an analyst and start your work, its cut out for you.

amanapamanapalmost 2 years ago

Hearing her part would be good 2nd part. After that you could write a 3rd or a 4th, that depends if you write Jean's part.

jamesapplejamesapplealmost 2 years ago

If ever there was a story on this site that needed a follow up, this is it. Some much of the story needs to be told still. Very well written, which has made us greedy for more

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2almost 2 years ago

One doesn't go to watch and remove their wedding ring, and buy new lingerie. None of that was addressed. Meanwhile you allow her the holier than though attitude. There was no mention of a rape kit in the hospital or of any vaginal secretions. None there or a major gap in the story. And as stated below, counseling would have atleast brought out answers, maybe not acceptable ones, but none the less ...

Freddog6601Freddog6601almost 2 years ago

Too many unanswered questions for this to be considered a good story which is a shame as I like this writer. Another problem is neither of the main characters are likable. This story started with and ended with angst making for a rather depressing read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I've read a few of your other works and have attempted to keep an open mind hoping they'll get better. Unfortunately, it hasn't happened, this story, or an attempt at a story, was the last straw. I'll put you on my mental list of writers to ignore and skip on by the next submission. Sorry. Nice try, no cigar.

someoneothersomeoneotheralmost 2 years ago

Dean is portrayed as a little twat. Wasting money on a motel and on re-filing divorce petitions are signs of immaturity and lack of competence. Worst is that he never gave Dusty an opportunity to discuss what happened and what went wrong.

The objective evidence, including the lingerie and leaving the wedding ring in the car, is more than enough to convict Dusty of at least some form of adultery, but there is no explanation of anything. Most glaring is that we are told at the outset that Dusty had prior hospital admissions, but then that line is never explored.

dob092095dob092095almost 2 years ago

She worked half days, to me a half-day ends at noon or 1 PM. Contrary to what one commentor at least said, the hospital called at three. So till she left work, got to Maggie‘s house, took her clothes off, took the drugs and got sick, got to the hospital and the hospital found the husbands phone number, she had to be off work for at least several hours. A continuation by the wife would be nice.

I don’t understand the commenters who complained about the husband. I’m a man, any spouse man or woman Would go ballistic. The missing bra is huge. Implies nakedness and that implies participation.

miket0422miket0422almost 2 years ago

Interesting concept. Left me with an empty feeling not finding out what actually happened at the party. If only Dean could have gotten his hands on her confiscated phone, I'm wondering if he would have found enough info to prove that Dusty was the liar and cheat he assumed she was.

He may have been an asshole for the way in which he went about getting divorced but, Dean definitely made the right decision. Even if Dusty is telling the truth that she never had sex with anyone else the amount of lying and selfishness on her part shows that she's not wife material.

It's kind of sad that Dusty didn't realize the only thing that could have saved her marriage was a very detailed and completely honest retelling of everything she did, said & thought from the moment her office started working half days in Friday right up until the point she woke up in the hospital.

skruff101skruff101almost 2 years ago

Nothing was made of the fact she removed her wedding ring when going to these nefarious parties, if only going to watch why bother taking them off? Taken in conjunction with the lingerie and her refusal to talk about it her only defence being ‘I DIDN’T DO ANYTHING’ that’s called the Clinton variation defence, there’s little doubt she indeed participated.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

He's married for six years and unable to turn off the love but too stubborn or foolish to listen to her explanation. At least hear her out. Now he gets to wonder what really happened.

jasonnhjasonnhalmost 2 years ago

I waffled between thinking this was an average story vs. one I liked. I liked that Dean was clear on where he stood from the beginning.

It was more average in the fact that Dusty never accepted her faults and the only price she paid was a divorce. She even got paid $3600 a year for deceiving her husband and being a slut. Maybe she didn't have sex with anyone, YET. However, you can be sure that if the overdose hadn't happened and she hadn't been caught she WOULD have eventually. She was hiding all this from her husband, lying about where she was, her "sexuality", and CONTINUED to lie about what really happened, right to the end of the story. She was being a shrew to her husband, maybe because she was hanging around with single friends poisoning her mind but the cause for it was never explained.

The reality is, many people, maybe even most people get married without really understanding how their spouse is wired or even what their own personality truly is. When the relationship falls apart, it hopefully becomes far more clear what your own "wants" are AND what you really want from a spouse and absolutely cannot put up with. Before you commit to someone else, you have a conversation with yourself and with a potential partner as to what you found out through your first experience and what your new friend is like relating to such issues. You can end up with a much better fit.

Unfortunately, some people, like Dusty, will never learn. They go through live running into walls and wonder why they are always so miserable. I LIKE stories when the wayward wife either becomes enlightened (even if they don't get back together) OR she is severely chastised for her intransigence.

The ones I LOVE have: Husband living happily with partner (new or fully transformed old), wife is enlightened or destroyed, A original/clever and feasible/believable story.

Rocky62Rocky62almost 2 years ago

Shouldnt have been there at all but if she was drugged against her will then the level of issues she has created is at a different level. He is a dick so why she’d want him is curious

nestorb30nestorb30almost 2 years ago

I agree too many holes in the story, why didn't he get the police report, why didn't he ask about the wedding ring during counseling. I guess some guys go off half cocked in the beginning, but this went on for months and he never became rational and used some logic to get answers

mattenwmattenwalmost 2 years ago

The story was well told and self-contained. It is often the case in life that some people do not realize when they make mistakes. But if someone attends sex parties without their husband's knowledge, they need to know it's wrong, otherwise they wouldn't have been hiding it from their spouse! 5*!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

With very little to no evidence he got a divorce and now is alone in a shitty apartment, is that supposed to be a win? I agree with the anon who suggested a second part. Perhaps we see how terrible her betrayal is or maybe that he was wrong. Bra could have been removed when the EMTs were trying to save her or some other weird reason.

MasterKoteMasterKotealmost 2 years ago

No true explanation on her part and yet he was the asshole for being stubborn

KRD19254KRD19254almost 2 years ago

Missing: how did she explain where her wedding ring was found? How was the act of removal of the ring NOT deliberate? The receipts for sexy undies was found in her car never got explained. Never asked how many times did she visit the Friday parties?

\

****4, Hooyah, salute

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 2 years ago

That was good. She is not wife material. Although the narrator keeps talking about the drugs, no wife should be at a sex party even if it's just to watch. It would only have gotten worse.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 2 years ago

"I'M FINE!" goes along with "Nothing!" and "If you don't know..."

\

Thank you for not using the "We can't tell you over the phone" crap. Maybe that's actually true, but it shouldn't be. Who wants someone stressed out by the unknown driving to the hospital.

\

Funny how she would never tell him what was bothering her, and NOW she wants to talk.

\

If she was "just watching," how did she get drugs into her system? The cookies?

\

Even IF she didn't have sex, she had been going to these parties for WEEKS without telling her husband, and SOMETHING happened that upset her enough that Dean noticed, and she angrily rebuffed his concern.

\

Why does she think that "only being there to watch" is okay?

\

"You watch porn. What's the difference between that and what I was doing?" - Let's see, she KNOWS about him watching porn, he doesn't know about her "just watching." His watching porn is done safely in the house, her, not so much, obviously.

\

"I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING. EVER!" - Going there is "anything."

\

"If you believe Dusty it was just the voyeuristic aspect of the situation." - She knows her husband watches porn, she didn't think that he might want to "just watch" also?

\

I'd have more sympathy for Dusty if she had responded more to his concerns. I HAVE to believe that she did more than just watch, and her sniping was due to guilt at her actions.

\

@Infosauger, it can't be RAAC at this point. There might be a reconciliation, but not all reconciliations are RAACs.

\

@maedhros21, EXCELLENT point about the prior visits, just what were they about? STDs? Abortion(s)?

\

@Anonymous Re: The ring - Yes, another loose thread. If she was just watching, why the need to remove her ring?

\

@Whackdoodle, the question isn't really whether she cheated or not, it's the not honestly telling him what was going on. As for not involving others, he didn't want to hear from Jean, who couldn't be relied on to give an honest account, whereas her parents could be relied on to tell whether or not she was being reasonable.

\

This doesn't need a part two or her POV, it needs a re-write where she gets called out for the underwear, the ring, and why not invite him!

mikeyjb51mikeyjb51almost 2 years ago

Good story, well written and as often happens the age old problem remains. The wife has chilled, out the relationship for months, only works half days on Fridays, without telling hubs, takes off and stores wedding rings in box in the car, buys sexy pantie sets, hubs doesn't get to enjoy, and attends company friends Friday sex and drug parties but Never owns up to it.... Just once don't ya just wish a cheating wife would just Be Honest and give the asshole hubs the truth so he can plan a future without her.

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlennyalmost 2 years ago

Can the wife please overdose again? That would be fair to the public.

SkubabillSkubabillalmost 2 years ago

So Morenadmore found out why he was getting Lessandless. Lol. A really good story.

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 2 years ago

Would've liked more but good story.

Regguy69Regguy69almost 2 years ago

First, to the anon who wrote "...Guy goes off like a fucking emotional lunatic ..." Well Gee, I guess finding out your spouse of six years has been spending every Friday afternoon attending a drug fueled sex party, is just an everyday occurrence and should not cause an emotional response.- Give me a fucking break! I thought the guys reaction was somewhat subdued. She obviously was having some sort of life crisis, but refused his attempts to discuss her problems. She believed she did nothing wrong and he overreacted,- She was wrong! Too bad it took so long to be rid of the wack job.

Well written, as usual.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The EMTs removed her bra. We always do on overdoses to get better sounds of breathing. You wrote a decent story and could have saved the day if you explained why the bra was gone. Maybe not get a "happily ever after" story but there would have been answers. Can she be trusted? Nope, she will still there, and it was a matter of time before she joined in. Removal of rings is actually normal in those situations; it makes the attendee feel less of a cheater without the rings on, notice the rings were carefully taken care of. I hope there is a part two to this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

WHACKDOODLE;

I apologize to you. I thought you were a raving, man hating whore at best. A closeted, self hating homosexual or something of that ilk. After reading your comment on this story I see you're just a troll looking to say the most ludicrous, outlandish crap you can think of to illicit venal responses from otherwise reasonable individuals.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Oh, and Whackdoodle's comments about there being no evidence of cheat. The previous visits the hospital told him about for drug odds was never really explored but would certainly lead a reasonable person to conclude she'd been doing this for some time.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 2 years ago

Not that it would have changed the main story arc, but the MC didn’t really try to chase down what really was going on. Normal husband would have asked Jean the first time she was in Dusty’s room what happened and, if not, for sure the second encounter. The police would have also been more forthcoming once he was cleared. 4*

GamblnluckGamblnluckalmost 2 years ago

Overall, I liked the story. The MC was a stubborn bastard, too stubborn for his own good. He did not even bother to get the whole story. He paid through the nose..lawyers, court costs, counseling, even if he did not attend, and even spousal support, yet never got answers. I still gave you 4 stars.

lbeachamlbeachamalmost 2 years ago

A wife so bad she herself can't look in at herself. The husband failed to "trust but verify". I do it now every day after 47 years married. The husband has to protect his wife from potential mistakes. Catch them early and always.

BeBopper99BeBopper99almost 2 years ago

5* Sad but realistic except for the alimony paid to a full-time working wife. The wife is a narcissitic sociopath who never apologized. Better to dump the lying cocaine slut now and upgrade to a faithful, loving wife who wants a family. Ignore the husband haters comments from the cucky wimpy types.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

She never tried to really explain things like he sexy underwear, why she stripped (if she did), why would she have her ring off if these are her coworkers? They would have known she was married anyway so maybe outsiders joined?

I have no problem with him divorcing her. The clothes at the hospital was funny but not real. For me, it would have been better had he called her mother to go or ask her to call her mother.

phill1cphill1calmost 2 years ago

I didn't like the fact that somehow the wife thought that sneaking around wearing sexy panties without her husband is ok. NOT.

I just don't understand how she could not divulge what her mindset was, what went on, etc. Just another Red State wife with debauched friends and no morals.

GarySmith69GarySmith69almost 2 years ago

Well whatever the wife did or didn't do is upto the writer. Given the evldence presented by the writer the wife lied and was doing something the husband did not approve of. Why hide whatever she did if she did nothing wrong? At the very least any trust was broken. Once that is gone most marriages end in divorce. If she could ever prove that while naked she was "just watching" other people have sex then she would have a case. But she can't and the husband wouldn't believe her anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Why did she need to remove her rings to watch people having sex ?

She'd been acting cold towards him for a while and when questioned shouted " I'm fine " by way of explanation .

Yet the special Friday lingerie screams she was up to something . And her friend/colleague , Jean , highly dubious character .

Dusty did nothing to allay any suspicion , just expecting him to trust her .

And what about the phone call with her parents ? How did that go ? No visit or follow up on their daughter ?

I enjoyed this story and was disappointed it ended so soon , and with so much potential drama left untapped .

I think there is a lot more to be made of this storyline and maybe , with a bit of luck , we will be reading other authors interpretations .

Come vack soon . You are missed .

BP

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I like this author and this was a good enough read but it left too many questions unanswered. Events as outlandish as the ones depicted here require much more of a plot to unfold than we got here and as natural as it was that Dean wanted to divorce Dusty with all due haste and minimum BS I can't believe he didn't try to pry more information out of her thereby satisfying the curiosity of the readers avid for more detail and drama.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJalmost 2 years ago

Something new. Thanks

Frank66Frank66almost 2 years ago

Not bad for 1/2 a story; horribly incomplete for a whole one. When a story raises more questions than it answers, what's the point? We don't need to know her shoe size, but the lingerie, the drugs, the half day Fridays, the months leading up to the party, Jean's presence, the wedding ring......

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

very incomplete story, not enough information to know how it should have unfolded.

JustplainjeffJustplainjeffalmost 2 years ago

A few thoughts, if I may. First, if they both had Masters Degrees, why does he seem so cash strapped? Second, what was she doing at these 'parties' if she wasn't partaking? Or, is like the infamous, "Ah never inhaled" statement. The husband thought he was being cheated on, but it just might have been he was only lied to. Just saying.

Texican1830Texican1830almost 2 years ago

There’s a lot of story remaining. Why did she become a bitch long before the overdose? Protests aside, she HAD to be doing more than “watching”. How did that shit start at work, and why? How would she have responded in front of the counselor had he insisted on hearing every detail of the story?

MC missed too many opportunities to understand what and why, and is now living a pitiful existence while wondering. He needs to grow a pair and find out, see a counselor, and really get on with his life, not some kicked-puppy version of it.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapualmost 2 years ago

What a stupid female Dusty turned out to be. Me thinks every time Dusty answers her stupid replies MC should have reacted loudly 'I'M FINE!'.

I raise my San Miguel beer on Mr. Dean.

/

Thanks moreandmore.

I enjoyed reading this

BigBlueKatBigBlueKatalmost 2 years ago

Good read. I like men who know themselves and are true to those beliefs.

You may want to consider a Part 2 to explain what actually occurred from the wife’s perspective. 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This was okay. Gave it 4 stars. But I found the MC to be annoying. I kept wishing he would get his anger under control and say to his wife, "Start at the beginning and leave nothing out. Tell me how you got started going to these parties, what you did, and why. Start by apologizing for lying to me, which you did every time you had a Friday afternoon off, but lead me to believe you worked. If you tell me everything maybe there could be hope for us, but if I find out just one important thing you neglected to mention, we're through". Alternatively, you could have had him get into her email account, or cell phone, and figure out what had been going on. Either way, the story likely would have ended in divorce. I'm not suggesting he should have allowed her to get away with abusing their relationship. But as a reader, I feel cheated that I read this but still have no idea what the wife did, or why.

*

Another thing, the info he got from the hospital person that called at the beginning was not plausible. No way would a hospital employee give out information such as: "...there was a sex and drugs party going on and many of the people there unknowingly took fentanyl."

or:

"Yes, many of the participants were engaged in sexual activity when they became ill. Several were unclothed when they were transported here."

It would have been more believable, perhaps, if you had said that a friend or relative of the MC's worked at the hospital and gave him a heads-up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Very interesting, maybe we need know the point of view from Dusty and probably another aftermath... thanks for take your time on this histories

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This was a married couple together for 6 years. With no kids.

In 6 years together in the same house you get to know someone.

She had already been exhibiting some very fucked up behavior. Mood swings. Short temper. Refusing to talk about problems.

Then the hot and cold in the bedroom with sex. Sometimes totally cold. Sometimes hotter than a firecracker.

For months she had been like this. Behavior that is completely in line with someone doing drugs. And either committing adultery or seriously tempted to commit adultery.

Then there were the lies. She only worked half days on Fridays? Since when? She never thought to tell him this? What had she been doing for a half day every Friday?

The sexy underwear and missing matching bra that were unlike any other set of underwear she owned? That she bought and wore special for this Friday party?

Taking her rings off before the party. That's a conscious act. A deliberate act.

It's pretty easy to see what happened.

3 or 4 months before "the overdose party" she finally gave into co-workers and went to one of their Friday drug orgies.

She didn't participate. Just watched. But that started her temptation. After a month she found herself wanting to participate.

A month in she took a hit of cocaine. It was good. It made her even hornier.

She really wanted to participate. But her guilt being around her husband was eating her up.

She stopped going for a few weeks. Then finally went again. Took 2 hits of coke and almost gave in when another woman offered her the hard cock she was sucking on and asked if she wanted to help? She had to leave of she would have been naked in 2 minutes.

After that she was careful. Never took more than a hit...and never got too close to the action. But it was eating her up. She wanted to be fucked. She actually wanted to know what it was like to be treated like a whore. To have two cocks shoved inside of her at the same time. To have strangers cumming in and on her repeatedly.

What her husband didn't know...is that when he wasn't around she masturbated almost unceasingly thinking about it.

The only one person she confided all of this to was Jean.

She didn't want to cheat. Didn't want to ruin her marriage, but she couldn't stop attending the parties. And she felt guilty. Really guilty.

Her husband knew something was wrong. And he loved her. He didn't push. Was patient. Which made it all the more difficult.

Finally Jean suggested to her that maybe if she "participated once? Got it out of her system the one time? Then she could go back to her marriage satisfied that she for the experience?"

She thought about it for 2 more weeks. What sealed it was her husband asking her for the 100th time in his caring husband voice "what's wrong honey? Will you talk to me?"

Ughhh...why did he have to care so much? Why didn't he just leave her alone?!

The next morning she went out and bought a sexy bra and pantie set on her mid morning break. And she told her office "friends" she might be considering joining in this coming Friday. Everyone was extra excited at the prospect of another hot office buddy joining their orgies!

Friday rolled around. She had butterflies all day. Wavering between joining in or chicken in out.

When she got to the party...she was about 5 minutes late. And things were already underway! She took to hits of coke and then they passed around those cookies. They'd had edibles at the parties before. But they'd been pot brownies and cookies. And not very strong ones either. So most everyone grabbed a cookie and ate one during a little break.

Finally she decided she was gonna join in. She stood and made the announcement...glancing at Jean who was nodding and trying to be supportive of her friend. She started a sexy strip tease in front of everyone. Most were naked. A few had resumed their sexual activities but were watching her strip.

About the time she got her bra unwrapped and slid it down her arms giving the big reveal of her naked tits to everyone in the group...

Her world went dark. And within another few minutes nearly everyone else at the party also were out. Jean called 911. A few of them had stopped breathing! When they hauled her out to the ambulance on a stretcher it was sans her bra.

You know the rest of the story.

She hadn't really done anything! Right? Her and Jean were the only ones who really knew what had happened with regards to her decision.

She hadn't had sex. Yet. They only seen her tits...and then only for a few minutes. Sure...she'd kind of gotten a taste for cocaine. But it wasn't like a full blown addition. Lots of young professionals dabbled with coke.

She hadn't fucked anyone. So why was her husband so fucking mad? He blew up her life like that without really knowing anything. And she couldn't tell him. She swore Jean to secrecy! Other than saying she didn't have sex or she didn't do anything....they both stuck to saying as little as possible.

Why did he have to be so unreasonable?

So...would you stay with this woman? I wouldn't. No way I want to have kids with her. No way I want to spend the rest of my life worried about where she is at on Friday afternoons. Wondering if and when she's gonna get curious again about strange cocks filling her up. Wondering how much she's spending on cocaine this week?

Nope. Cut bait. He's young. Just finished graduate school. Alimony only lasts a year...maybe two at the most since they were not together that long. He'll have his attorney/loan paid off in a year or so...

He'll get a few promotions. Opportunities. Make more money. 6 years later he'll be happily remarried with a 2 year old. Another one on the way. Making good money.

And he'll run into his ex...at the downtown mall. She won't look so good. Recreational drugs and lots of alcohol doesn't help you age well. And he'd heard she'd satisfied that curiosity about strange cock more than a few times. He'd actually heard from a friend who was dating a guy on their softball team that she'd volunteered her apartment as the new place for the weekly orgies.

When she saw him...walking with his pregnant wife and pushing the baby stroller...it was all she could do to not scream and run away in frustration. Instead. She just pretended that she didn't recognize him and walked on by.

She turned into the mall restroom and straight into a stall...she needed a little bump as a pick-me-up. That's what her life had come to.

Yeah...I'd say he made the right decision.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You are a well above average writer, actually very good. That said, this story could and should have been much better. It was mediocre at best, the type a budding newbie would write., leaving open the proving or disproving of her actions. Sorry, I think most readers want closure even though his reasons for divorce were more than adequate.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

First mistake was going back to the hospital, Just delayed the inevitable. What a waste of time he spent with this bitch. She wanted to play games and he got screwed financially. Just move out and move on. Your not looking for a new wife so no need to waste money divorcing the slut. Just file a separation order so your not financially liable for her ass anymore. Either she will file or you can file if your situation changes. And you get to save all those legal fees and 1200.00 dollars a month. Sometimes when they are hanging on the edge of the inevitable and won't let go you have to kick the ledge loose and let them fall. Don't sweat it to much I hear lace panties are approved as protective clothing in impacts from being dropped on your ass.

ncpetencpetealmost 2 years ago

I think it is funny that several here want the husband to go to counseling and ask her why she was doing the things she did. All those answers that she would provide do nothing to remove the vows that she took. They do not justify her actions. Why listen to some left wing counsel play politically correct and downplay the obvious lies that are there. That does not remove the hurt nor undo the loss of faith in the person you thought you knew up to then. "If thine hand offends thee, cut it off."

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989almost 2 years ago

Story with a lot of questions and no answers. From what is here to read I too felt divorce was the only option. Knowing the truth will bother one forever.

FireFox59FireFox59almost 2 years ago

Removing her rings and putting them in a box in her car tells me she's done this at least once in the past. That and the new lingerie tells me she cheated. Why would she have a box and remove her rings?? Why the secret lingerie just to watch?? Not divorcing her was a crap shoot. 50-50 she would do something like this again or just out right cheat. Her total lack of forthcoming about anything that happened other than to say she didn't do anything sealed the divorce in my opinion. There's no way he could have any trust in her going forward.

I thought the ending just petered out on you and went out with a whimper after an excellent start. You also left a huge hole in the story by saying she had been to the hospital several times in the past that he didn't know about but you never even brought that up again. Still overall a good story and heads and shoulders above the other crap getting posted in LW.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Decent story but there are so many unanswered questions that it really took away from the story. Sadly the MC seems to be pretty wimpy to me in the way he dealt with everything. Both are probably better off without the other.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The husband never knew she was off every Friday afternoon? Sounds like the wife was planning something from the very first day of her job. Right?

.

What determines cheating has occurred? Is it cheating when a penis is rubbed up and down the outer lips of the vulva? Or does the penis actually have to penetrate the vagina for cheating to officially exist? Or does it start way earlier, like when she lied about Friday afternoons, took her rings off, and went to her first sex party?

.

She kept saying all she did was watch. Didn't anyone from her job know she was married? She wore fancy underwear to those parties, but never for her husband. She stripped down for those parties, pretending to be single? Didn't anyone ever ask why she wouldn't join in? Nobody in their right mind believes her when she says "all I did" was watch.

.

Is it cheating to strip down, hide your wedding rings, wear expensive lingerie purchased for those parties only, watching her coworkers, men and women, have sex, every Friday afternoon... for years? We don't know how long she worked there, but she hid "half-day Fridays" from her husband from the beginning of that job. That alone would be hard enough to get past, if I was the husband.

.

She cheated: in every sense of the word, she cheated. I find it hard to believe she sat there, week after week, year after year, watching other people have sex and never joined in. That's too stupid to believe. After just months of doing that, wouldn't it be commonplace and unexciting? Just watching wouldn't be a thrill anymore.

.

She doesn't strike me as a woman who wants to be married. She's never going to tell the truth about what happened and she was obviously cheating, whether she had penetrative sex or not. End of story. Divorce is the only thing that will fix this relationship. She simply isn't worth the trouble.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

" 'I'm not seeing any indication one way or the other. Do you know where we are located? We'll need you to confirm that her insurance information is still current. She's already a registered patient from previous treatments.'

That was also news to me. What possible reason would Dusty have to have seen them previously?"

Now THAT'S something I'd have liked to see explained. I agree with Texican1830 and BigBlueKat. we need a Part 2.

Quack77Quack77almost 2 years ago

Must be proud to right such a prick for a MC. If this dude actually exists, someone needs to punch his entitled, perfect ass in the throat.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

“She's already a registered patient from previous treatments." It was disappointing that our hero did NOT follow up on this info which, likely, would have revealed a pattern of Dusty’s inappropriate behavior. As well…he absolutely blew it by not trying to elicit info from her friend Jean. This lack of interest in obtaining likely vital Intel was just…well…stupid.

.

But at least he had the insight about her clothing habits…and basically caught her in a lie about not doing “anything”. Her extreme resistance to “coming clean” about her behavior is what killed tne marriage. This tale was a very good illustration of how trust destruction usually craters any relationship, whether personal or business.

.

It must remain a mystery as to why Dusty fought so hard to stay married but stubbornly refused to explain her actions truthfully.

.

He did the right thing, albeit in a rather inefficient way. Dusty was not worth it.

.

4 ****

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Moreandmore: I like your stories, but this one raised so many questions, you could have easily added moreandmore and made it a real page turner (small pun, yes, but mine own). I'd have done what the husband did: there were more than enough facts present to know she was devious and a practiced, proven liar. Adios bitch.

///

But I'm still curious about what was going on, too much unknown. I humbly suggest you leave a comment here, either telling people to finish it their way, or better yet, add a part two to the story. Enquiring minds want to know!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Liked the story line but there was so much left out or unknown that it turned a good story into one I really didn't enjoy. Could have easily been 2 or 3 more pages to fill in all of the blanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This story doesn't need a follow-up it needs a complete rewrite to fill in all of the missing pieces that were left unanswered. Why were her rings in a box? Why was she in the hospital the times before this?? The police never gave her her phone back??? Multiple people die and nothing happens to anyone involved???? Etc., etc., etc.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermoreandmore@moreandmore
A day without sex is like, um, just kidding. I have no idea. I am judged by what I've done and haunted by what I didn't do. I write stories in an attempt to entertain. If it evokes hate filled or non-constructive comments then I smile while I delete them. I won’t have you...