OZone 02 : Open Arms

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
SZENSEI
SZENSEI
1,869 Followers

Gus frowns at the name calling then nodded after thinking about his daughter. "Her broom arrives the day after tomorrow."

Dhorne grinned reluctantly, "Reckon she puts the ASS in First clASS. Ain't she allergic to nuts? No wait! If she was, she'd be allergic to herself."

Gus wanted to laugh but respected his daughter as much as possible. "Nina rented a limo to drive her here from Birmingham. What time does Connor's bus get into Bartlett?"

Oz glanced without thought reacting to the hammering on the property on the opposite side of the forest. "Tomorrow at 7:00 P.M. sharp. Can't wait!" Gus noted his son-in-law's sarcasm.

"Relax, Ozymandias! The first week might be rough, but he'll come around. You both need each other." He reaches out gripping Dhorne's right arm. "Stick it out this time. Do NOT blow this off."

Oz shook his head freeing himself of all things negative. "I'm gonna! Good with the bad." He changed the subject with a cleared throat, again eying the hammer racket. "Sounds like Mercedes is behind schedule." Gus put his hand over his eyes to block the sun as he looked down the beach line to the east.

"She and her crew have worked diligently for two weeks now. The plumbing and pools are laid, and the additional rooms are completed. I believe they are still erecting the upper deck and roofing the new garage. Why don't you take a walk over and see for yourself. Comeback when you're ready. Oh! Ozymandias?"

Dhorne looked for the punchline. "Breath. Gotcha, Yoda! I mean Yoga. Is that his little brother?" With a wink Oz set out on a stroll along the shore. Gus truly was glad to see his son-in-law. Dhorne was also glad that he had checked into his favorite hotel here at the Open Arms. Even though he had reservations about his stay. It was sad when he was a decorated soldier, a true survivalist, veteran of foreign shores as much as wars but was terrified of his next few steps. Nothing scared him, just fatherhood. While he knew what belonged to him the MINE field was a tedious dance number. If he had just been more careful of shooting off his ballroom prowess he might not have been put in this predicament. Thanks Nora Jean! "I got this woman." Trigger fingers crossed!

Watching his son-in-law vanish around the bend of trees aligning his estate Augustus Antonio LeGend drifted into thoughts of the past. His reflections led back to the day he and his wife Barbara were introduced to the dashing gentleman in Marine attire. Garrison Dhorne was well mannered and smart as a whip with nine barbs. Soft spoken at times, lush with humor, and an intensity that proved him dedicated not only to his career but to their daughter.

It was refreshing he had thought as Garrison took pride in asking, he and Barbara for Nora's hand in marriage. That in itself gave Augustus a hint of trust. A trust that over the years grew invincible. Even after Nora's death and the struggles Garrison had with being a single parent Augustus knew this day would come. The day Garrison Dhorne would come to his senses. He knew his son-in-law would do the right thing. Augustus knew immediately from first contact with Garrison that he had found the one man capable of honoring the family oath. The perfect Guardian to protect the most valued of treasures.

Having no son to carry on the LeGend family crest Augustus could only buy his time until either Nora or Nina could provide an heir apparent. Not only to the LeGend fortune but also as Guardian over the secret that his ancestry had kept all these centuries. Garrison Dhorne was born with a destiny built on strength and honor, if not upholding that in devious ways. After digging up the history of the Dhorne family he knew. Augustus was fortunate that Nora found him. Perhaps Augustus thought she had finally found G.O.D. in Garrison Ozymandias Dhorne. Lord? Bless her soul.

"Augustus? Is that a tear I see? Are you alright?"

He twisted in step like an elegant Fred Astaire to witness his beautiful wife Barbara sliding her arms around his waist and bestow the perfect kiss upon his cheek. "Of course! Memory lane, Babs. That's all. I have faith in the boy. I'm quite certain our daughter is smiling down at us."

Barbara grinned peering up at the pristine blue sky, "You must be relieved. I'm sure that Nora is not the only family member sighing with relief."

"A long chorus line indeed."

Their moment of jubilation is ripped out from under them when the intercom speaker attached to the beach staircase echoed the sound of a scratched record, "Put a sock in it Lovebird's. Augie has a call on line one."

Babs frowned over gravelly granny and rolled her eyes, "Oh, for God's sake! We only have one line, Trinity."

"Blah! Blah! Blah! Answer the damn phone. You know I don't take messages before lunch."

Augustus grumbled under his breath then barked, "Put them on hold. I'll be there momentarily."

Again, the speaker chokes, "He sounds cute. I'm gonna ask him on a date. Do I have a curfew, Daddy?"

"PUT THEM ON HOLD. NOW!!!"

An unhealthy pause later they heard a sob, "Thanks to you I have to put PUFFS on the grocery list. I offered to hold it for him. I think he likes me. I hear purring." Her purr back chilled them to the bone. It persisted for far too long.

Augustus could feel his temples throb as he pulled away from Babs to storm from the dock and up the staircase. Babs could literally hear her husband's anxiety, "Good God, Woman! I should have fired you when you put Nina in a bassinet on the back porch with a note saying Please take care of my Baby."

Babs couldn't help but snicker. She knew that even back then the woman was only testing him. She knew well just how close the two were. With a glance toward the neighboring landscape, she smiled brightly. The hammering had ceased. Giving way to whistles. "Oh, Garrison. Some things never change."

Entering the house Augustus found Trinity holding the phone to her ear while sitting on the arm of a recliner. Biting her nail like a schoolgirl he overheard her conversation, "I like scuba diving off Wowie Maui, long walks in the rain wearing only my nightie, and Guy Lombardo. I adore his BIG BANG sound. How about you, Sexy Man?"

Without any due haste Augustus snatched the phone receiver away and forcibly pointed down the hallway next to them, "Take your bottle of cooking Sherry and go to your room this instant."

Cackling at his reddened features Trinity leaned toward the receiver, "CALL ME!" Limping away he begins to answer the phone but hesitates as she starts singing "R-E-S-P-E-C-T!" He's so goddamn Mean to Me!"

Thank goodness for meditation. Deep breath held and eyes closed to avoid the insanity he finally answered the phone, "This is Augustus."

Suddenly a smile eased his tension, "Why hello, Gilbert. How are you today?"

A brief pause brightened his face even more as he scanned around him to make certain neither woman of the house was near enough to overhear the conversation. Sensing it was safe he replied back to Gilbert. "You've found it? Truly? WHERE?" A look of awe accompanied the answer, "Colorado, you say? In the mountains. What shape is it in? MAGNIFICENT! Bless you, Gilbert. Give me four days to resolve things here. Babs and I shall fly there at once. Do call and have a limousine meet us at the airport. Good man! Don't let this out of your sight. Not even to sleep. As always Gilbert, you are worth every penny. Goodbye, old friend."

He hung the antique phone up resting it back upon its cradle before clasping his hands together and briskly rubbing palms with vigorous greedy friction.

"At last! After all of these generations."

Excitedly he shuffled through the house going upstairs to the second floor until reaching the attic door then carefully creeping along the antiquity of steps. Alone he moved through to the darker reaches of the gloom to a larger chamber. Inside he uncovered the draping of a very old looking framed canvas. A portrait of a magnificent man in golden armor stood looking gallant. A Spanish Conquistador. A man of LeGend.

"Good news, Francisco. We've found you at last. A long way from home indeed. It's time to reunite you with the family. Your children await."

Warmly he replaces the dust cover to delicately pat the sides of the frame. With a sigh he stepped to the attic window of the next room and onlooks the serenity of Lake Kironos. Waterfowl and an idle fishing boat were all that disturbed the baby bath.

"Hush little one! Soon the torch can be passed."

That vision of baby Nina in her bassinet on the back porch suddenly made him laugh. "Perhaps the old bat was onto something!" Deja WHEW!

"At least Trinity never taught Nina how to fly, like she did me." Five at the time he could still feel the bump on his head. Baked brownies made up for the abuse. The only good point to her insanity was that he became the individual that he was. Tough love indeed!

His own parents off searching for the Spaniard, Trinity was all he had until Barbara Castille came into his life. Then Nina and Nora. Babs, babies, and... the ONE that got away. On that note the sun high above made the lake sparkle like a trillion diamonds. Presence known!

"Good boy!"

Bling it on!

SZENSEI
SZENSEI
1,869 Followers
12