Paradise Isle - Faun Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

All thirty employees from the Western region were in attendance, along with another ten managers and trainers from corporate headquarters, so when she walked into the hotel's conference room, in all her glory, everyone was shocked speechless.

She had considered wearing a dress of some sort, she had accumulated a few, but she had decided not to bother. She thought she looked terrible in clothes, and nothing she had would really disguise her faun body.

That first session was for an introductory 'get to know each other' luncheon, before the training sessions were to begin.

Willow introduced herself as Finley, as that's who she was to them. She reminded herself to answer to that name, for the remainder of her time with the group. She could picture people calling 'Finley' and not reacting.

Slowly, while they ate, and chatted, most of them became somewhat used to the faun in their midst. They all knew her from conference calls, and liked her, from those times. She did try to explain that she was a full-time cosplayer and that her outfit matched her passion. She didn't admit to it being a permanent body modification. Knowing it would be too much for most of them to accept.

At a break, though she requested a private moment with the senior human resources representative, and when they were alone in a quiet space, she explained the reality of her attire.

The HR rep, an older woman, was clearly stunned, but she recovered quickly and maintained her composure, although Willow thought she detected a certain level of disgust in her expression.

That evening, after the obligatory group dinner of tasteless food, she was approached by her boss and one of the other women from HR.

They asked her to join them back in the deserted classroom.

Oh, oh, she said to herself. This can't be good.

"Finley, I'm afraid that you'll have to change out of that costume for tomorrow's sessions. It's too distracting." Her boss said.

"I can't. It's not a costume. It's really me."

"No, really. You can't attend the classes like that." The HR woman confirmed.

"I'm sorry, but this is all permanent. It's who I am."

She leaned over toward the woman. "Here please, test my horns. They're actually permanently attached to my skull.

The woman blanched. "Um, no, that's alright."

They all got quiet for a moment. Willow waiting for whatever came next, and the other two lost in thought, unprepared for the situation.

"I'm sorry Finley, but you just can't attend the training looking as you do. Senior management has passed the word" the boss finally said, shaking his head.

"And if you don't attend the training, you can't continue to work here." The HR woman added.

"Wait, I thought this whole session was all about inclusion and diversity. You're telling me that I'm being cancelled because I'm too different? My appearance doesn't affect my work performance."

Her point only stumped them for a moment. Ignoring it, they continued with their attack.

"If you resign, we'll provide six-months of severance." Her boss said.

"And, you'll hear from my lawyer."

"Please, we don't think either of us, the company or you, want the publicity of a battle like that. Think about your photo being splashed across the internet."

She realized that he was right on that aspect. The whole world would find out about her, and lord knows how that would go.

The HR woman sighed sadly, and then spoke up. "Finley, we can give you one-year's severance. If you'll just quietly resign for all of our sakes."

Willow thought about it for a few minutes, while the other two waited quietly and nervously. "Alright, where do I sign." She said, surrendering.

Willow's drive home was a difficult one. She'd never been fired before. And to be let go, not because of her performance, that had always been rated as stellar, but because of her looks, was terribly disheartening.

She tried to console herself with the years' worth of salary she'd be receiving - it would be quite a large chunk of change, but still...

She surprised Liam by being home early, and when she explained the reason, he was both sympathetic and angry. He offered to help her sue the company for wrongful termination, but she explained the deal she'd signed, and why, so he backed off.

"Well, my love, you know you don't need to work. I have plenty of money."

"I know, and I appreciate that. But I liked my job. I like working. And I'm not sure what I'll do with my time, now."

"And I suppose that finding a new position, looking like you do will be a problem.," he said sadly.

Willow had to laugh. "Can you imagine when I show up for an interview looking like a faun?"

Picturing the look on an interviewer's face, he also laughed.

"I guess I'll jut be your trophy wife." She said, after they'd stopped.

"I'm fine with that. You are both my love and my greatest accomplishment."

She smiled, "If I'm a trophy, I'm not a normal one; a golden cup, or some such. I think I'm more like one of those modern art creations." She said chuckling.

He laughed. "I'm happy with you, regardless."

From that day on, Willow became a lady of leisure. Or, more accurately, a faun of leisure.

It wasn't all that bad.

And their time together was all good. They went out to dinner a lot, around town, and of course always caused a stir. But there were few unsavory incidents. The locals accepted her and the tourists weren't terrible.

And the sex was good, and plentiful. They made each other happy.

Willow expanded her cosplay costuming hobby, first making additional pieces for Liam, and then making items for fellow cosplayers.

She actually started making money at it, in small amounts, even though she didn't really need the cash. Liam makes plenty.

She also continues making appearances at events, and her notoriety draws in more and more of that work.

It was all fun, and rewarding, but those tasks only consume a fraction of her time.

Despite them, and the conventions that they attend regularly, Willow founds herself bored and with too much dull time on her hands. Without any regular work, and not all that comfortable going out without Liam at her side, for companionship and protection, she started disliking her life as a trophy wife.

One night she even mentioned her unhappiness to Liam, mentioning that a return to being the human, Finley, might be desirable.

He was horrified, by the thought. He loved her as Willow.

After a lengthy discussion they both agreed to table the discussion for a while.

But everything changed, one Saturday when they attended a fantasy gathering, all D&D, Potter and Lord of the rings, up in Irvine. That's where they met the witches.

To be continued...

I apologize if I've offended any Japanese readers with my stereotypical depictions.

From the Author: Please comment on my stories. All thoughts, positive or negative are welcome. If negative, please extend the courtesy of providing constructive criticism. Thanks.

If you do comment, check back in a few days, as I do try and post replies.