Paradise Isle - The Mermaid Pt. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

And she stepped out the door, as Giselle and Carmen, came in.

Giselle was all smiles as she led Carmen in and introduced her. She even got down on her knees and gave Julie a ug and a kiss. Carmen did the same. It surprised her. I guess the staff around here is really friendly with each other, Julie thought.

The two of them then sat back while Carmen and Julie got to know each other.

Carmen was another hostess, just like Giselle, and had all of the same duties and skills. She had been born on the island and was friendly, outgoing and knowledgeable about all aspects of the resort.

Just like Giselle, she promised to help Ariel with any and all challenges or issues.

"So, Ariel, I spoke with Carlos in maintenance and he will be in here, later today to install a couple of remote-controlled lamps for you." Giselle said as the introductions slowed.

"Do you have anything else that needs attention?"

Julie thought for a few minutes, "well, a few little things. But I'm mainly concerned by my schedule. It sounds like my days are going to be very long. And I wasn't expecting to have to follow the same mermaid rules as I did when I was a guest."

It was Carmen who answered her. "Ariel, I understand. But we all work long hours; we have to, to keep our little island functioning. The resorts are all we have to keep us alive. And management can be strict and dictatorial, but they're fair."

Julie just nodded. There was no sense complaining, she'd just have to live and work her mermaid life.

"You'd better get started. Go circulate. Visit with the guests and the staff too. Have dinner and make sure you engage with the other patrons. And keep it up to at least 2100, later if you can handle it, especially since this will be a short day for you." Carmen said as she stood up.

"I know it's all new to you, Ariel - at least the work part, not the mermaid part. So, it may be difficult, at first, but I'm certain you'll get used to the routine." Giselle added, in a more encouraging tone. She also bent over and gave Julie a hug and a friendly kiss.

The gesture made Julie feel a little better.

"Alright. Thanks." She replied, as she began pulling herself out of her pool to slither on her back-side out to her place of work, where she'd be spending most of her time from then on.

The two hostesses stood to make way, but not provide any help.

"I'll have to get used to this too. I guess I was spoiled by having my husband always around to carry me to and from the pool."

Giselle laughed. "Did you think that a mermaid's life would always be that easy?"

"Well, it was easy. Easier, anyway." Julie chuckled as she made it through the patio door.

Giselle and Carmen waved goodbye as they left through the front door.

"Well, back to the grind." Julie mumbled out loud as she slipped into the water and began slowly swimming out into the public spaces.

That night, exhausted, Julie crawled out of the water and slid her ass up and into her personal pool.

Everything had gone surprisingly well. She'd visited with dozens of guests, and swam with a few. A couple had joined her, in the water for dinner and they'd talked for an hour afterward, the woman fascinated with 'Ariel'. Julie had actually enjoyed herself.

She'd had a visit from supervisor Nancy, too. And she had complimented her on her performance, finishing with, "keep up the good work."

All in all, she thought it was a good start.

"But how the hell am I going to do this for an entire year?" she asked herself, out loud, as she settled into her watery sleeping couch.

The End

Alas, all good stories must come to an end - at least for now. I do have thoughts about what events a continuation of this story line might include. Perhaps, someday I will start anew with Julie's mermaid adventure. But now, I have other tales, with other themes, in the works.

From the Author: Please comment on my stories. All thoughts, positive or negative are welcome. If negative, please extend the courtesy of providing constructive criticism. Thanks.

If you do comment, check back in a few days, as I do try and post replies.