Paying the Piper

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Monday, Rick asked her if she was up to going out Tuesday evening. She quickly responded with an enthusiastic yes. Early Tuesday morning, while Cindy was still sleeping, he got up and secretly packed some things for them both. Before he headed off to work, he left her a note,

Dress for date night is nice casual Cinderella, (bright blue sundress that shows of your legs if you don't mind) and be ready to go around 4 PM. No worries about the kids it's all set it up. Panties and bra optional!

At four sharp they hugged the kids and thanked Kelly who as in town and demanded to babysit. They then hopped in the car and took off. Rick took her to the Ritz-Carlton overlooking Dana Point. Cindy was overwhelmed when they pulled into the parking lot.

"Kelly is spending the night?"

"Yep"

"I didn't bring a change of clothes."

"Well, I hope you won't need too many clothes, but you do have a bag in the trunk. While you were giving the kids an early bath Kelly double checked it. She may have traded out what you'll be wearing to bed this evening."

"You let her in my lingerie drawer?"

"Yep. She mentioned it was a bit on the 'boring housewife' side of night wear, but she found something bright pink she thought would do. She also told me not to worry, she'd take you lingerie shopping this week."

"Bastard!"

They took a long walk on the beach, had an amazing dinner, and made vigorous love for over an hour. (Cindy had recovered from her time with Bennett and was horny for her husband.) Around midnight, they sat on their 6th floor balcony looking out over an unusually docile Pacific Ocean and talked about their lives, dreams, and future. Rick shared his big news that he was in line for partnership which meant more money and less travel. He even talked about the opportunity to accompany her occasionally on her wedding weekends. It was dark and they were both looking out at the ocean which meant he couldn't see her face. Had he, it may have been his first clue something wasn't right. Cindy quickly rebounded, got up and came and sat in his lap. "I'm so proud of you Richard Michael Thomas." She smothered him with kisses, and they soon found themselves going for round two, this time on the balcony.

During a very leisurely breakfast in bed, the picked up the conversation where they'd left off a few hours earlier.

"Babe, I'm so proud of your coming promotion, and I'd love for you to travel with me from time to time, but I hope you're not thinking I should drop my business because we can afford it."

"Never" replied Rick. "I know how much you love it, and your career is just as important to me as my own. You're amazing at what you do, and I want you to take it as far as you want."

"How the hell did I find such an amazing guy?" she wondered to herself. "I can't screw this up. Bennett and I need to revisit our plans to make sure they are airtight."

The complete absence of logic and love never entered her mind. There was no shred of guilt, only desire to live this dream. In the years to come she would wonder to herself she how she could have been such a completely selfish idiot. Men were often guilty of "thinking with their wrong head" but truth be told Cindy was doing exactly that. Her libido was on the rise as she entered her mid 30's and she somehow convinced herself she could have it all and nobody would get hurt.

She was certain at some point in a few years she and Bennett would call it quits. She knew they shared a deep emotional connection, but Bennett would never fall completely in love, and she would never desert her family. He'd find another woman to float his boat and she would enjoy a long life with her loving husband. The twins high school years, college, weddings, and grandkids all seemed to be part of a plan she thought was in the cards. Never, in her wildest dreams could she imagine the tragedy that was looming.

The next month Rick was promoted to partner, she had another wedding, this time at the San Diego hotel and she had a long talk with her lover (between their wild sexual romps) about how to safeguard what they were doing. Cindy had been on the pill for two years. Once she began her business, she and Rick decided they were blessed with two wonderful kids and that was enough for both. Fucking Bennett once or twice a month was free since pregnancy wasn't a worry. It was late June when things began to unravel.

Bennett and Cindy were in his office at the WS discussing some new terms in their agreement. Bennett had initially offered some bonus incentives if Cindy brought in more business than expected. They may have been lovers and their trysts were still going strong, but, as the mob always said, "It's business, not personal" and Cindy was reminding Bennett of their deal. He was bemoaning the fact that he had underestimated her business savvy but was agreeing to what she was due. It was at that moment that Lori appeared in the doorway.

"I'm glad I caught the two of you together, I need to speak with you both" Lori said not waiting for an invitation to join the conversation. She plopped down in one of the leather chairs and continued.

"Bennett, do you remember our conversation about four months ago? I told you if the two of you hooked up, I'd quit." The look on Cindy's face was first one of shock and then dismay. Bennett was the better poker player and remained stoic.

"The fact that you ignored that warning or just chose sex over me was surprising, but I guess inevitable. The night of the storm I was on the 2nd floor of the patio sipping a glass of wine when the two of you kissed and you (looking at Bennett) picked up Cindy (looking at her) and carried her to your bed. It was one of the saddest moments of my adult life. Not just for me, but for what I firmly believe it would do to the two of you."

She continued, "I'm not judging, but I can't be part of this." Cindy began to object, but Lori raised her hand indicating she wasn't done. "Actually, I guess I am judging. I believe what you are doing is short-sighted and childishly selfish. You're acting like teenagers thinking only about your own gratification and not the bigger implications. I began that next Monday looking for new employment. The only reason it has taken me this long is because I've had to sort through several good offers. I'm moving to Austin, Texas in early August and going to work for an event planning company there."

She then turned her gaze to Cindy. "Please remember I warned you Cindy. The shit may not have hit the fan yet, but don't think the piper won't come calling looking for his due. I'm disappointed in you even though I've only known you for less than a year. You seem to be lacking any common sense not to mention a loyalty to the vows you took before God, your family, and friends when you married Rick. He doesn't deserve what you're doing to him. I'll leave your kids out of this, because frankly, when I think about the damage this will eventually cause them, I want to cry."

Lori concluded addressing them both. "I'll be professional. I won't allow this to impact the good years we've had, and I intend to honor my commitments." Bennett visibly flinched at this. "But please only speak to me about work, not what you two are doing, not making any excuses and not making any scenes. The staff here is amazing and I know they don't deserve to be caught up in any of this. I will tell them I just couldn't pass up the offer and I'm sure you will find a fine replacement. Your GM of bartending, Sharon would be a good choice if you ask me, but that is your call. Thank you for 7 great years and I wish both of you success."

With that she rose and left the room. Tears were streaming down Cindy's face and Bennett hung his head muttering "Fuck me!" They sat for a few minutes in complete silence as a light breeze blew through the open French doors. They had planned on spending the evening together and everything that entailed, but that clearly wasn't going to happen. Neither of them knew what to say. Cindy finally dried her eyes.

"Bennett, I'm going to head home. This isn't the time to try and figure anything out. I know we're both to blame, but for my part I'm so sorry for my role in causing this. I'll call you in a few days."

She then got up, walked out of his office and out of the hotel. She asked the valet to grab her car as she had to head back home unexpectedly. She drove back to Orange County, crying the entire drive and checked into the Courtyard Marriott using her business American Express because Rick never looked at it. On the way she had stopped on time to buy a bottle of Maker's Mark. She checked into her room and drank herself to sleep. The first shoe had dropped.

Lori made good on her promise and moved to Austin about 10 days after she completed her final two weeks for Bennett. He never tried to talk her out of it or offer her more money. He knew that would only insult her. He tried to broach the subject once or twice, but Lori would not engage. "Nothing you can say Bennett" was her reply. Cindy wanted to call but couldn't find the words. In the end she texted Lori, "I'm sorry for how my actions have hurt you. You warned me, but I can't let this / him go."

Sex between Bennett and Cindy was a bit off in early September. Maybe they were both struggling with guilt, or maybe they were just miffed to be called out by Lori. However, their lust for each other was never snuffed out and by early October they were back to their previous form.

One Saturday evening after a late morning wedding they had an unusually longer evening to enjoy each other's bodies. The had left WS and had traveled in Bennett's BMW M8 series convertible up the coast to a secluded stand-alone VRBO chalet overlooking the Pacific. "Oh, my it is glorious" Cindy mewed throwing her arms around her stud.

He picked her up effortlessly and headed up the stairs. "The French doors in the bedroom open up to an Ocean view baby."

"Well then take me upstairs and let's fuck looking at the Pacific."

"Sorry, but the only thing I can look at while fucking you, is your gorgeous face and body. The ocean pales in comparison."

By now they were entering the bedroom. He laid her down on the bed then, grabbing her ankles, flipped her onto her stomach. He aggressively yanked her lululemon skintight leggings down to her knees in one smooth motion. He smacked her ass and growled, "You've been teasing me with the tight little ass of yours all day, it's time to paid for your wicked ways!" With that he dove face first into her soaking snatch.

"Yes, I've been soooo bad baby, make me pay, punish me hard, I need you to take me. Take my married pussy!" Cindy loved the submissive role she took most often with him. She could go either way with Rick, but with Bennett she felt most aroused when she just let go and let him have his way. He was domineering with this love making but not selfish. She could never keep track of how many orgasms she had but they were almost always much more intense than with Rick. Had she stopped to think about how that might be impacting her marriage she may have been inclined to change course. At this moment however, the only thing she was inclined to think about was devouring Bennett's big fat cock with her mouth before they fucked for the next hour straight!

Cindy told Rick before she left, she was doing some location scouting in the Monterey area and wouldn't be home until late Sunday night. This was true enough; she just hadn't told him she was going to be traveling with her paramour. Bennett had gotten a late 2 PM check out so Sunday morning they played in bed, walked on the beach, had brunch and then fucked for two more hours before it was time to begin the trip back.

Along the way they stopped in Big Sur for a glass of wine. As they continued south for the rest of the 5 plus hour drive, Cindy felt so content and full of life she marveled at her good fortune. Her business was thriving, her kids were doing great, she had two amazing men in her life and was confident that Lori's concerns were needless. It had been 15 months since she had met Bennett, 8 months since they began their illicit affair, (not what Cindy would call it) and everything seemed to be just fine. Her utter selfishness in betraying and regularly lying to Rick never gave her pause for one moment. In fact, she had become so far removed from reality that she actually thought her wild sexual flings with Bennett once a month were good for her as a wife. She was about to find out just how wrong she was.

The first weekend in December Cindy was coordinating a wedding at Bennett's Monterey Hotel just east of Berwick Park. The Spanish Moss was a bit smaller than Bennett's other venues, but it was perfect for wedding parties of 50 or less. The Carlisle wedding was 38 in number which meant two things. It was a very easy event for Cindy to manage and not all the rooms in the hotel were booked.

Had Bennett looked over the reservation list he would have noticed a Mr. Thomas had reserved the Belladonna Suite which included an ocean view, a large whirlpool tub and a king size four poster bed. There was no Mrs. Thomas listed. Mr. Thomas, the newest partner in his Investment Firm, was going to surprise his wife and join her for the weekend. He had taken care of all the details including fresh cut flowers, Cindy's favorite wine chilled to perfection and the best oils for the bubble bath. Rick didn't feel he and his wife had drifted apart, but he did sense they had lost some of their connection and intimacy. Naively he had chalked it up to long work hours and raising kids. He was about to find out how wrong he was.

Since none of the local staff had ever met Rick, it was no problem for him to wait incognito until the rehearsal dinner was concluding and Cindy was wrapping up her work. He had noticed Bennett twice earlier in the evening, but he was out of his direct view and easily concealed himself. He had given thought to calling Bennett and letting him in on the plan, but he didn't know him all that well and didn't want to take a chance he would accidently spill the beans.

An hour after the dinner had concluded and Cindy had not yet appeared in the lobby, Rick decided to find her and spring his surprise. However, he didn't find her in the room where the meal had been served or on the patio outside the venue. He did hear voices around the corner and one of the voices was unmistakably his wife's. Maybe she was wrapping up some details about tomorrow's nuptials with one of the staff. In the instant before he rounded the corner he heard his wife say in a sultry voice that was clearly sexually aroused..."Not here baby, please don't rub my clit like that, wait until we get back to your room."

A second later Rick rounded the corner not believing what he heard, only to be confronted with the absolute worst image in his life. His loving wife was backed up against the wall, her hands pinned over her head and Bennett's other hand under her dress and in her panties stroking her, preparing her for sex. They didn't see him at first since it was fairly dark and Cindy was moaning, "Take me to bed lover and fuck me all night." Her eyes were closed tightly as Bennett's magic fingers were working her towards her first orgasm of the night. It never arrived.

Cindy opened her eyes for a split second and screamed, "Rick...what...NNOOOOOO!" Bennett turned his head and immediately released Cindy from his grip. He stepped back as if he had seen the Ghost of Christmas future and his own tombstone. His dark complexation turned pale. For his part, Rick took all of this in and instantly realized his life was over. He slumped against the wall, tears instantly forming in his eyes. He felt himself continuing to fall to his knees as he began to comprehend what was taking place.

Cindy went to his side as he was bent over on hands and knees shaking violently, "Rick, baby, please, oh Rick, oh no, what have I done?" Too dumbstruck to react quickly Rick allowed Cindy to hold him for a moment as they both began to sob. For his part, Bennett stepped back several paces with his hands behind his head as if he had just run a long sprint and was trying to catch his breath. There was a sense of terror in his eyes.

After a moment, Rick looked up at Cindy who was holding his face in her hands. He spoke the only word that came to his mind," Why?" Cindy began to reply but as Rick began to gain a bit of emotional equilibrium, anger began to settle in. "No Cindy" he said standing abruptly and backing away. She was on her knees looking up at him with pleading eyes but unable to form any words. Nothing she could have said at that moment would have made any difference anyway.

"No Cindy, don't speak to me, don't say a fucking word." He looked at Bennett with hatred in his eyes. "Take her back to your room you mother fucker. She's all yours!" As he turned to walk away Cindy stood and tried to reach for him from behind. He whirled on her, "Don't you dare touch me you bitch! You're the mother of my children, you were the love of my life... you were everything and now you have destroyed us, you've destroyed me. Just go with your stud and leave me the hell alone." Cindy was stuck with the only bolt of common sense she had shown in over a year. She let Rick go. She knew this was not the time or place to try and placate him or explain or lie or anything else. She had ripped his heart out; she could see that in his eyes. She needed to leave him alone... for now. She was also in a state of shock herself and wouldn't have been able to form any meaningful words anyway. She turned to Bennett and motioned for him to leave her alone. Then she returned to her room, to a perfectly made bed, with perfect white sheets. pillows and blankets... She threw herself down on the bed.

Cindy Thompson was trying desperately to control her heartrate and breathing. The 34-year-old wife and mother of twins was in a crisis of her own making, and she was terrified there was no way out...

For his part, Rick was beginning to gather his thoughts and come out of the emotional fog that was suffocating his ability to think. He went back to his room and sat at the desk for an hour without moving. At some point he was able to rouse himself and begin to consider what he should do. He knew he wasn't staying here a millisecond longer than necessary. But what should he do? Where should he go? He decided it was best to drive home. He wouldn't arrive before 7 AM anyway and he could go by the office which would be empty on a Sunday. He could shower, shave and put on clean clothes. By then, he'd have an excuse to give to Mrs. Bowling about his early return. He could fake it for a while, if for no one else than his children. Before he left, he wrote Cindy a note and left it in an envelope on the desk with her name on it.

Cindy,

I'm going home to the kids. I don't know what else to do right now and I need time to think. To say you have crushed my heart and soul would be like saying the Titanic sprouted a small leak. I'm sinking in despair, and I have no idea which way to turn. When you come home, or if you come home, please text me ahead of time. I will plan to leave the moment you arrive. I will not speak to you, nor do I want to even look at you until I've had time to weigh all that has happened. I will tell the children I have to go out of town this week for work, but their mom will be home with them. I hate the thought of leaving these precious lives with you but now I have no other choice. Do not attempt to call or text or contact me in any way after you let me know when you are a few minutes away. I know I can't trust you to honor my request, but I'm hoping there is some small shred of human dignity left in your callous heart to abide by this initial first step to the end of us. Actually, you took the first steps when you began fucking your boyfriend, however long ago that may have been.