Pharaoh’s Curse Pt. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
soul71
soul71
6,765 Followers

"Which period?" Andrew retorted.

"The Beginning, of course," shooting her son a look, "I want this new age, if this is what the gods tasked of you, as fucking weird as that is to say," her heart hammered in her ears when her son actually smiled at her, "then I want it to shine for all eternity like the Old Kingdom has. That my son, my Pharaoh, will be known throughout the ages."

"You may get your wish; just be careful that's truly what you want," Andrew spoke, moving past his mother as he pondered just where he was going to displace all that water without destroying the populated areas. Where he could buy up quickly, or have the gods swing that, turning around, stopping in his tracks staring at Bast, who just cocked her head. Since he knew she read his mind often. Seeing the glint in her eyes when she matched his stare. Andrew couldn't very well destroy the signs of the old cities. The image of Egypt from a heavenly point of view appeared in his mind as he strolled towards the obelisk. Focusing on halfway down the bend south of where Dendera[17] and Thinis[18] lays the vast empty, barren land of the eastern desert. Then to a point halfway between Asyut[19] and Abydos[20] that lay on the west bank of the Nile. Wondering if Geb would listen to his prayer as his gaze moved westward out into the western desert where his new temple mound, the place where the people could come and worship the old gods while leasing out the land he won't be needing.

Feeling their eyes on his back as Andrew approached the obelisk. His eyes ran up it as it loomed over him. The name for the city he was laying the foundations for rang in his head as he lifted his hands. Closing his eyes the moment his hands touched the stone. Feeling his ankh ring heating, its purple light shining brightly as he tapped into the flow of his forbearers. A light hum began to tickle his hands as he felt Geb answering his prayer. Seeing how the earth split into two, the thunderous sound of the Nile flooding into the space. Churning the sand that flooded into it before being tossed in the turbulent current as Hapi directed the overflowing water into the ever-widening gap that stretched southward to the furthest point of the land Isis was able to get him so quickly, legally, also cheaply that ended in a reservoir that stretched across the width of his land; as well as, winding its way westward for over two hundred and fifty miles before spilling out into the five thousand acre depression Geb had formed when he was running in a circular pattern. It seemed to him he felt Hapi moving his right arm, scouring the sand away and soil that sat beneath it, down to bedrock. That was the place the gods had deemed where their temple would sit before pulling back half a mile into the depression. Setting the stage for the return of the Pharaoh and also creating one of the largest freshwater sources in Egypt. Now how he was going to fill it with the people needed to run his new city and his temple construction. Asking Hapi to grant him one more request to bring life everlasting to the areas so his dynasty wouldn't be lost.

Andrew already had an idea of just what the temple was going to look like. Knowing that now he could truly no longer turn back to the boy he was. That he had committed himself to this path. Egypt's rise or continued decline now rested in his hands alone. For he was now Pharaoh Menes the II, the blue light of his divinity burned along his eyes as Andrew slowly opened them.

"I do hope you're up to the task of being my Queen," Andrew spoke in a commanding tone as he peered back at her. "Because we need to find an architect."

"Huh?"

Chapter Two

"Andrew? What did you mean find an architect?" Carla asked, ignoring the glow that radiated off Andrew's skin when he touched the obelisk.

"I have a temple to build," Andrew said truthfully.

"You're not joking, are you?" Alex uttered in a questioning tone.

"I think I would come up with something better than that," Andrew stated upon reaching them.

"How big are we talking? Like the Mortuary Temple of Queen Hatshepsut[21] or the Temple of Ramses II?" Anta asked, knowing there was an architecture course at their college. She knew a few of them would offer designs if there was money involved.

"A little bit bigger than the first one," Andrew spoke after a moment of thought.

"I could give a friend of mine a flyer who attends the architecture class back at the university. Say if you offer a prize to the winner, I'm sure you'll get plenty of offers," Carla offered as they walked back to the cab.

"Oh? Good thinking," Andrew said, knowing he was going to have to save as much money as he could given how he was paying for the temple complex on his own.

*******

"Okay, I think that's everything," Alex mused aloud as she triple checked her items after the camcorder's battery had charged. Their suitcases sat empty on the bed due to the length of time they would be spending in Atlantis.

"Mom, that's like your third time," Andrew stated as he tightened the straps of his bag.

"We have to make sure we have everything; I don't want to be popping back and forth because we forgot something," Alex spoke as she did another check of her gear in the smaller pockets.

"It's best to ensure you have everything when you're going out into the field; I wouldn't like it either if we were constantly starting and stopping given our limited time," Anta said, doing her own fourth check of her gear. Nodding to the two of them when she was ready.

"Well, honey," the straps of her backpack slid along her shoulders, her dark red hair feathered out along it after tightening her own straps, "I guess call this Ira fellow, and let's get this show on the road," Alex said, seeing her son pulling out his phone from his pocket.

"Hello?" Ira's voice could be heard over the line.

"It's me; we're ready," Andrew stated once the line had connected.

"Don't blink." Andrew noted how their scientific minds tried to comprehend what they had just seen as Ira materialized in their room, leaning on the window sill. His red burgundy eyes ran down Alex, Carla, and Anta on instinct. "Greetings," Ira spoke in a dramatic fashion. "I am Suriel Zol, Nagdaium' of vengeance, Prince of Heaven and Hell, Ruler of the Fourth Heaven. I hope that with you leading the way, we can find out why there're pyramids in my domain," he greeted; his eagerness was clear.

"Are you really going to college?" Alex asked, remembering that night.

"I am," Ira nodded. "I'm going to be around for a very long time, so why not?"

"And we'll be there for two weeks while here it will be two days?" Carla asked for the fifth time that day.

"Yes. Don't ask," holding up a hand, "trust me, that's one headache you don't want," Ira said when Carla started to speak again. "So, are we all set?"

"We are?" Andrew answered after seeing the three of them nodding firmly.

"Get closer to one another," Ira directed as he transformed into his Nagdaium' ReGenesis form as his wings shimmered into view and unfurled. "I promise you, this won't hurt a bit," he said in a reassuring tone as his wings wrapped around the four of them.

One second, Andrew, his mother, Carla, and Anta were cast into complete darkness, then the next moment, the light blinded him as Ira unfurled his wings. "God, I hate when I'm right," Andrew groaned as he stood staring up at the intact pyramid

"Oh. My. God. Just look at how the limestone caps glint in the sun?!" Alex exclaimed as she and her students rushed past him. "Quick, Anta, get the camera out," she ordered. Her eyes ran over the decorated stone surface, knowing how her counterparts would kill to be where she was standing.

"Look, Professor, up there," Carla uttered, pointing up to the open entrance way that would lead into the heart of the structure.

"You know, before the three of you go wandering off, how about we set up camp first," Andrew spoke as he turned towards Ira. "You did say you had that covered?" he uttered in an accusing tone. His head snapped up when he heard a snap that only he could hear, ringing in from high above him. Seeing the puzzled look on Ira's face when Andrew brought his gaze back down.

"Already got you covered," Ira answered with a smile. "Lailah, Cassiel?!" he spoke from over his shoulder, calling forth his angelic daughters. "Please, be at ease," Ira said in a reassuring tone when he noted the startled looks on Andrew's female traveling companions' faces at his daughters' arrival. "This is my daughter Lailah," holding out his right hand to which Lailah hovered over, "and this is my daughter Cassiel. While you are here they are to see that you remain undisturbed by the rest of the inhabitants of my realm, and to aid you should you need something if a problem arises. You'll see to my commands, won't you?" Ira asked, peering back at his daughters.

"Of course, Father. Our darker sisters will not get past us," Lailah stated with conviction as her arming sword appeared in her hand.

The wind whistled as Cassiel spun the shaft of her spear along the palm of her hand like she's seen her mother do countless times when they trained together. Feeling it striking the palm of her left hand when the shaft rested on her shoulders. "Worry not, Father," wondering if that move impressed her father as she smiled alluringly down at him, "we shall not allow harm to come to your guests to our home," Cassiel replied, hoping her father liked how her breasts looked as they jostled beneath her angelic robe. As well as how the sunlight of his domain shone through the robe showing off her womanly shape to his eyes.

"Are there some dangerous animals running around here or something?" Andrew asked, keeping his eyes on Ira and not the floating hot women above him. He so didn't need an earful from the three behind him if he ogled them.

"No, all life came to cease on this continent when Yahweh pulled Atlantis under the waves. The only living things in my domain at the moment are the four of you. So you needn't worry about animals."

"You want us to sleep in that?" Anta asked when a rectangular canvas tent only big enough to change in appeared behind Ira.

"It's bigger than you think," Ira said with a friendly smile. "Please, by all means, check it out if you don't believe me," he uttered, gesturing towards the tent. "You two may return to your duties," Ira spoke in a fatherly tone as he peered up at his daughters.

"Yes, Father." They said as one before shimmering out of view to return to their mothers' sides.

"Dr. Sanders, I hope you and your team can shed some light as to why these were built here," Ira spoke as he waited for them to poke and prod at the tent to deem it was real enough for them.

"I do as well," Alex spoke, trying not to be unnerved by what she had just seen with her own two eyes. At least she could take pride in herself, in not fainting like when she had met Osiris. Still, she was not even one bit comfortable with how they could just come and go as they pleased. It was unnatural to a scientific mind like hers.

"So... Pharaoh..."

"Andrew will be fine," he cut in when Ira began to speak.

"So, Andrew, any insights you want to share so far?" Ira asked, wondering what else Andrew could do if he could hear that snap when he used the power of creation. "About the pyramids, I mean," he clarified when Andrew looked at him. Also, seeing how the women with him eyed him, too, waiting for an answer.

"Nope," Andrew spoke before ducking into the tent just to get out from the burning gazes from the four of them. "Holy shit!" Was the only phrase he could utter at that moment as he stared out at his penthouse, where he and his father had lived together since he was born. Sticking his head back out the flap and looking around, ensuring that he was indeed still on Atlantis and that he wasn't dreaming. Not enjoying that amused look on Ira's face.

"Andy, what's wrong?" Alex asked in a worried tone.

"It's home," Andrew said in a tone of disbelief.

"I do hope everything is in its proper place. I do want you all to feel comfortable here while doing this favor to me."

"So... are you like a god or something?" Anta asked, wondering why a whatever it was chose to look like an eighteen-year-old boy.

"In a sense, yes," Ira nodded. Unsure if their brains could handle the truth. His own barely did when he was introduced to this side of reality.

"If you're the Lord of this land, then where's the city?" Alex asked in a scholarly voice. She just had to see it.

"Sadly, the capital city was destroyed before the Great Flood. Yet, my daughters have been finding smaller settlements around here. If you'd like, I will be happy to see that you're escorted to one or two of them," Ira spoke, knowing it wouldn't hurt to get her thoughts on it. "Just if you do wish to visit one, I'd like to read a draft of your findings. Really would like to get it from one as esteemed as you are, view point, Dr. Sanders," Ira praised with a flirtatious smile. He couldn't help it; it was the demon in him.

"Why, thank you, umm..." Drawing a blank on how to pronounce his name.

"Ira will be fine," he said, mimicking Andrew.

"I think we will once we've gotten settled in and had a brief survey of the site, before we start our main study," Alex said before slipping through the flap. Her hands flew to her mouth. Knowing how it reminded her of what it looked like as it was eight years ago, the day she left her family. Quickly fighting back the tears she felt forming as she heard the others filing in. Peering to her left, seeing Andrew's hand resting on her left shoulder.

"Is something wrong?" Ira asked from behind them.

"It's not the place, the décor, could you, I don't know, change..."

"No," Alex's hand shot out, taking hold of her son's shirt, "no, that won't be necessary. This will be like how it should have been eight years ago," she said, straightening her shoulders.

"So, where's the bedroom in this place?" Carla asked, eager to get to work now that she was here and not dealing with a delusion.

"Andrew said you only needed one, so that way," Ira uttered, pointing to the left of him. "Didn't believe him, of course. Now," giving Andrew a nod of praise, "might have to make one for myself," he said, smiling at his own inside joke. "Why don't you all go put up your things? While I borrow Andrew for a moment," Ira spoke in a pleasant tone.

"Right, well, you know where we'll be if you need us, honey," Alex spoke, giving her son a look, hoping he knew what he was doing with dealing with something this powerful.

"Sorry about that, yet I needed to talk to you," Ira said, rubbing the back of his head.

"You act awfully like a human," Andrew uttered, eyeing Ira's display.

"Well, I was a normal human teenage boy until this," gesturing to his body, "then well, shit got real, and here we are," Ira said with a shrug. "I was hoping I could speak with you about something; it's very important."

"Okay, what about?" Andrew replied, setting his bag onto the replica of his dining room table.

"What do you know of Solomon?" Ira asked, looking Andrew in the eye conveying his seriousness.

Andrew's spirit snapped backwards within a second, flinging him back in time in his mind to that time period. Feeling his heart racing, the sounds of people dying, the screams of pain, the clash of metal. The thunderous pounding of horses' hooves as the chariots raced across the desert. The roaring of the fire as they raided the city. The arrogant smirk on his lips as he walked up the causeway that led to the temple of Solomon. Taking a step back when Andrew noted the ring on Ira's right hand.

"I take it from that reaction, you know what the ring is?" Ira spoke as his thumb brushed along its band.

"Yeah, I do; why do you want my knowledge on Solomon?"

"Because Pharaoh Shoshenq I[22] was the one that raided the temple of Solomon. I'm hoping you would know what they did with the treasures they found in it, namely a book," Ira said in all seriousness. Seeing how Andrew's eyes got a far-off look in them, wondering if he hit the bullseye. Watching how he quickly blinked before coming back to himself.

"Okay, what's this about?" Andrew asked; he couldn't say why the book in his memories was dangerous, just that it was.

"See... I kind of need it, and well... you remember when I told you about the Sister I was fighting?" Ira mused. "Anywho, it seems Solomon dealt with them before, and I'm not at the worst ones yet. So, I was hoping if you could help me find it, and I'll owe you a favor. Trust me, that's not something you should pass up."

"What are we talking about here?" Andrew asked, arching an eyebrow.

"If it's within my power to grant you, I shall, for your aid in finding the Book of Solomon," Ira stated his terms, holding out his hand to Andrew.

"Anything I want?" Andrew spoke as he slowly reached forward.

"Mmmhmm, anything," Ira nodded.

"I'm just helping you find this book and nothing else, right?"

"Just the book and nothing else," Ira replied once again with a smile on his face. "Seems he's dealt with demons before," he mused to himself.

"But it will have to wait until I finish the museum..."

"Yeah, see, here's the thing, this threat is real; I need to find that book. I can't wait for two months and hope they don't attack again. Two days is all I can wait, then we must find the book," Ira cut in. "I can create doppelgangers of the four of you, and to everyone else, they'll be just like how you are now yet not real. For however long it takes to find the book, they will act like you, and when this is all done, the memories they experienced will merge into you."

"Then it shouldn't be long then," hanging his head as he sighed, already knowing where the book was, knowing he was going to hate every second of this, "I already know where it is," Andrew groaned.

"Really? And just where is the book now?" Ira asked in a skeptical voice.              

"It's in the Labyrinth[23]," Andrew said in a disgruntled voice.

"Egypt has a labyrinth?" Ira asked, arching an eyebrow.

"Yeah," rubbing the back of his head, knowing how dangerous that place was, "but it's going to be dangerous," Andrew warned.

"I think I can handle mortal danger, don't you, Pharaoh?" Ira asked with a coy grin on his lips.

"Yeah, but let's try not to get me killed, alright?" Andrew spoke a little uneasy about how Ira was so easygoing about death. Then again, he doubted Ira had faced mortality given what he was. Unaware that Ira has indeed faced his death countless times so far.

"Worry not. I'll make sure you stay safe," Ira nodded. "So tell me, where exactly is this labyrinth?"

"South of the pyramid at Hawara[24]," Andrew answered, rubbing his temple, praying this wasn't going to cause more weird things to spring up in his life than what already has happened. "I hope you're whatever you use works outside of this place because if you want into it, you're going to have to dig."

"Shouldn't be a problem," Ira replied; his eyes flickered over to the right as Alex, Anta, and Carla exited the bedroom. "Is this really what your place looks like?" he whispered as he leaned in, knowing it was far grander than anything he grew up with.

"It did eight years ago," Andrew stated somberly.

"Huh?"

"Don't worry about it," Andrew uttered, brushing it off when they neared.

"Oh. I see," Ira muttered low, finally taking notice of the similarities between Andrew and Dr. Sanders. "You know it would be no problem to change the layout if it's too painful for the two of you," he whispered in a friendly tone.

soul71
soul71
6,765 Followers