Picture Man

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So she doesn't know him?"

"She keeps telling him to leave her alone and he keeps telling her she has to go home with him."

"Well shit now what do we do?"

"We can't just walk away."

"That's for sure. Okay I'm going over and try my charm. If that doesn't work you better be ready to call the cops because it's going to get physical."

"Good because you're bigger than me and a lot bigger than the guy."

"Yeah but that may not be enough."

Chapter Nine

Lee made his way around so he could come up behind the guy and the woman could see him coming. Somewhere along the way he came up with his plan. Now all he had to do was see if it would work. He kept his pace steady and as he passed the guy he stepped in front of him and quickly kissed the woman on the cheek.

"There you are honey we were looking for you and I know you're anxious to get out of here." He made sure she saw his wink before he turned to the guy and said, "Excuse us but we're running a little late."

The young guy didn't miss a beat and said, "No she has to come home with me."

"Excuse me?"

"She has to go with me now."

"No I don't think so, my wife is going with me, now if you'll excuse us."

As the guy reached for her arm he said, "No she's going with me right now." Lee saw his hand coming forward so he grabbed his arm at the wrist and quickly spun it behind him in a hammerlock and threw his other arm around the guys neck pulling him back and off balance.

With his mouth near the guys ear he said, "This stops right now. She is not going with you buddy." Everything had happened so fast that he didn't notice Moon until right then. "Moon maybe you better place a call for assistance but Moon was already dialing. As he said that the guy tried to catch Lee off guard and made a twisting action in an attempt to break away. Lee quickly tightened his grip and followed the guys twisting action with his own and using momentum to take the guy off his feet the two of them went to the floor with Lee more or less on top of him.

With the guy struggling against him and babbling, Lee held on with everything he had. It seemed to take forever but Moon placed the call and came to help. He quickly pulled his belt off and looped it around the guy's ankles and cinched it up. The plan was to thread it up through they guys belt and disable his legs to remove his leverage. It seemed simpler than it turned out to be but after a good struggle it was accomplished so it became a little easier to hold the guy. Lee looked around and noticed a few people staring at them but nobody seemed in any hurry to help.

He saw the young woman standing off to one side watching with a mixture of fear and relief so he said, "Miss I need you to undo my belt so we can make this gentleman a little more secure." She stared at him for a minute like she couldn't believe she heard him correctly. "Miss if you don't mind." She wasn't eager to get near the guy but did as she was told and managed to reach Lee's belt. With that removed he told Moon, "Hold on tight buddy we need to get his left arm behind him." For such a small guy he was really strong and it was anybody's guess who was going to win that struggle. Finally with the guy's arms wrapped behind him Lee told her, "Now miss if you'll put the belt around his wrists and pull it up real tight."

With the belt in place Lee could relax his hold a little and with him pulling on his belt and Moon pulling the guy's ankles back toward his butt the guy was essentially hogtied as long as they didn't relax the tension on either belt. In reality it wasn't more than four minutes or so before the police arrived but it seemed far longer. Lee was exhausted and was very glad to see them appear. As the officers approached Lee said, "This young man was accosting this lady. I think he might have forgotten to take his medicine this morning," and Lee made a gesture indicating the guy was screwy.

The officer paused and looked in her direction so she said, "What he's saying is true." Once they had handcuffs on him they removed the belts and handed them back to Lee and Moon.

As soon as they stood the guy up he started in, "Jean and I have to go home now." The officer started leading him out saying, "I don't think so. We're going for a little ride instead."

As the officer held the handcuffs he led the guy out and the other officer started taking statements. He turned to the woman first and asked, "Could you give me your name please?" "Still looking pale and shaky she said, "I'm Megan Desmond." Tell me what happened." "It's like that man said, the guy just came up to me and started calling me Jean and saying we had to go home now."

"And you don't know him correct?"

"I've never seen him before in my life."

"Do you know either of these gentlemen that subdued him?"

"I've never seen them before either but I love them both now. God I was so afraid I just couldn't move." The officer briefly took statements from Lee and Moon along with their names and phone numbers and after complimenting them on their actions finally left. The store manager was quick to step up and ask if everyone was okay and after a brief explanation he was more than happy to disappear.

For a moment the three of them just stood there like they didn't know what to do next. Moon finally said, "Miss Desmond I think we could all use a cup of coffee, would you join us?"

"I probably need something a lot stronger than that right now."

"That's even better. Chili's is next door let's go over there and settle down." As the three of them walked next door Lee introduced himself and gave her his card and then Moon did the same. Megan noticed Moon's card and said, "I thought I heard Lee call you Moon."

"My nickname."

She just nodded and said, "I usually go by Meg." As soon as they were seated in the bar area Meg started by saying, "I don't know how to thank you two, I was petrified."

Lee answered with, "We're just glad we could help and it all ended so well."

"How did you know I was in trouble?"

Moon looked at Lee and said, "You're the tactful one Lee, I'll let you answer that."

Lee had to smile and asked, "The truth?"

"Of course."

"Moon and I were admiring you from afar when something about your body language got us worried."

"You were admiring me?"

"I was there to buy my assistant a birthday present and we couldn't help ourselves. You are just too pretty to ignore."

"My God first you save me and now you're giving me compliments. I wanted to get a laptop in there but I don't know if I'll be able to ever go in that store again or not. God that guy was crazy."

Lee quickly offered, "We have to go back over anyway so we'll go with you and make sure you're safe until you leave."

Their drinks came and Meg took a big drink before leaning back and saying, "I'm already feeling better. What a day this is turning out to be." Lee reached for his drink and lightly bumped his right hand on the table, which caused him to yelp with pain.

He looked at his hand and said, "I guess I must have bruised it somehow."

Meg quickly took his hand in hers and said, "Oh you poor thing look at the swelling on your hand."

"Well I'll be damned, I didn't even feel it until just now." Meg held his hand as she said, "I feel so bad that you got hurt defending me."

"It's nothing serious I'm sure but it looks like it's going to be sore for a while." Moon sat there smiling to himself. He had known Lee since their teens and he could see where this was going.

"If you two will excuse me for a minute" and headed for the restroom. He couldn't compete with a battle wound for her attention.

When Meg finally released his hand Lee said, "I think it might heal faster if you kept holding it though." Meg smiled at him and resumed holding it.

"It's the least I can do for my champion. Your card says you're a photographer."

"Guilty. I have a small studio plus I do a lot of home and business work. Call me and I'll give you a complimentary sitting."

"Are you good?"

"I'm very good if I must say so myself."

"I just might do that."

"I'll even throw in dinner if I could convince you."

"Don't be surprised if I call you in a few days. Right now I'm up to my ears in work."

"I hope you will call."

Moon came back and noticed she was still holding his hand but when she saw Moon she leaned back and took another drink and said, "I better get back over there and then get on with my errands." The three of them stood up and as Lee and Moon reached for their wallets she said, "Oh no you don't, this is on me." She put a twenty on the table and the three of them left.

Chapter Ten

As they reentered the store Meg asked, "Which area do you need to go to?"

"I'm picking up a computer too."

"I thought you were buying a birthday present for your assistant."

"I am."

"A computer?"

Moon laughed and said, "I asked him the same thing. See Lee I'm not the only one." Lee just smiled and said, "It's bribery to make sure she doesn't leave for better money." Meg just looked at him and nodded slowly saying, "I see...I think."

"Take your time shopping Meg, we'll be in the next isle looking at software."

"I'll only be a few minutes."

Lee had a good idea what he wanted so within a few minutes he was done so Moon went for a cart and Lee went over to the laptops. Meg was pulling her purchase out just as Moon appeared with a flat cart and Lee loaded his computer on and the three of them headed to check out. Once they were outside Meg stopped and said, "Thank you both again, I won't ever forget today." As she walked away Lee called to her and as she turned he held his hand to his ear like a telephone and smiled. She smiled and with a nod and a wave went to her car.

Moon asked, "What no date?"

"Not yet."

"You're slipping."

"She's still rattled."

"You and your war wound. If I didn't see the swelling for myself I wouldn't believe it." Lee just smiled and moved on. After dropping Moon off he went home to eat and think about his exciting day.

The next morning he got to the studio a little early and took the computer inside. It was then that he realized he forgot wrapping paper. He dug around looking for anything he could cover it with and then had an inspiration. He went to the storage area and got the lace shawl and draped it over the box. That would have to do and the symbolism should bring a smile to her face. When she arrived he was having coffee in their little kitchenette area.

"Coffee's on Teri."

She came in and with a smile said, "You're up and at it early this morning."

"We have a sitting in an hour so I thought I'd set it up so you could work in the darkroom."

"That's nice thank you."

"Before I forget, don't go in the office."

"Am I banned from there now?"

"Just until this afternoon after we're done for the day."

"You're the boss."

"What time is our last appointment?"

"Three and it shouldn't take long."

"Perfect."

With a shrug Teri headed for the darkroom and Lee went to the office.

After the three o'clock appointment left, Lee came out as Teri was pulling a soda from the little refrigerator.

"Get me one too would you?" As he pulled the tab he asked, "All done in the darkroom?"

"All but those proofs you said there was no hurry on why, got something for me to do?"

"Nope, let's go to the office."

"I'm allowed in there now?"

"Only if you behave yourself."

With a smug look she said, "I always behave." He pushed her toward the office ahead of him and they went in.

The large shawl draped box was impossible to miss and when she saw it she looked at him suspiciously and asked, "Okay picture man what's going on?"

"Pull that shawl off." She did as she was told and stood there confused when she saw what was under it. "Happy birthday Teri."

It still didn't register for a second and then she looked at Lee and asked, "Is this for me?"

"That's for you." She set her soda down on the desk slopping it all over and ran over to him.

Throwing her arms around him she kissed him without thinking and said, Oh God this is fantastic I...oh my God what was I thinking I just kissed you I'm sorry."

Lee just smiled and said, "And a wonderful kiss it was."

"But Lee why...I mean that's huge...that's ...I don't know what to say."

"I'm glad you like it." She gave him another hug but managed not to kiss him again.

When she settled down a little she said, "What prompted you to do this for me?"

"I just wanted to I guess."

"You are fantastic but...my birthday isn't until next month."

"It isn't?"

"I'm afraid not."

"I have it on my calendar."

"You better change it then."

"I'm sorry."

"I'm blown away by this so I'm not complaining."

"I should have gotten you a digital camera to practice with but I know you need a computer. Besides you can have my old digital camera if you want it." Then you can practice all you want."

"My God is this Christmas or something? Oh yes and speaking of practicing I've been studying a book about lighting and I want to take some more of you for practice."

"Okay, right now?"

"Could we?"

"Why not. Lock the door though so nobody thinks we're still open."

As they went back she smiled at him and said, "The shawl over the box was a nice touch by the way."

"Thanks."

"Lee I want to try a more masculine background this time and have you sit in the arm chair this time. No wait, you're wearing jeans let's use that brown log chair, sort of a country look."

"You're thinking more like a photographer all the time." Teri took several different ones with one slave flash at different angles until she said, "Okay let's do something different." She got a sly smile and said, "Off with the shirt mister." Lee had forgotten about that conversation but shrugged and peeled off his polo shirt. As he did he jumped up saying, "Ouch, damn I forgot."

Teri went over to him and asked, 'Are you okay?"

"I just hurt my hand is all and I forgot to protect it."

When she looked at it and saw the swelling she said, "You poor thing, how'd you do that?" After mumbling a second he finally told her the whole story.

"My God Lee you're crazy, what if he'd had a gun or a knife? You could have been seriously hurt or even killed."

"It never even occurred to me that he might be armed." She threw her arms around his naked torso and said, "Damn it Lee take better care of yourself will you?" He gently put his arms around her and said, "I'm fine and the lady was very thankful" When Teri pulled back she had a tear slipping down her left cheek. When Lee saw that he pulled her close again and said, "It's okay, it had a happy ending" and again he looked at her and kissed her tear.

She finally got control and stepped away saying, "Just promise me you'll stay safe."

"I keep trying I really do. Then went on with more shots and then he said, "Now let's go see your work."

The two of them went through her shots one by one and Lee kept saying, "You're already showing a lot of improvement. You're doing a much better job of highlighting and you're getting almost a three dimensional effect that I really like. But what's more important is what do you think of them?"

"I think I've improved a lot too but they all look too much alike for me. I have to learn to be more creative."

She looked at him and then back at the monitor as she said softly, "I have learned that I have a wonderful, generous and pretty sexy boss."

Lee didn't know how to respond to that so he just reached over to her and said as his hand rested on her leg, "Thank you Teri I'm glad you think so."

"Lee thank you for working with me and I'd like to try this again after I've studied some more, but right now you better get home and get ready for your date."

"Knowing her I have plenty of time."

Chapter Eleven

When Lee got to the studio on Monday he noticed that Teri had stayed late and caught up on the darkroom, picked things up and even had the coffee ready to go for him. With the coffee brewing he checked his email and checked the appointment book for the day. He didn't hear Teri arrive and it made him jump when she spoke to him as she walked toward the coffee pot.

"Are we a little jumpy today?"

"I don't know about we but it would seem I am."

Teri poured their coffee and as she handed one to him she said, "A Megan Desmond called last night right after you left. She said she'd call you again sometime this morning."

"I'm glad she called, that's the woman that was accosted. I promised her a free sitting."

"You saved her life and you're giving her a freebie?"

"That's my hope."

"Oh of course, how dumb of me. You noticed she was in distress because she looks great."

"She doesn't look too bad."

"So if she had been ugly you wouldn't have even noticed she was in trouble and you wouldn't have saved her."

"You have a way of making me feel so shallow."

"I'm glad it wasn't me in her place because I doubt either you or Moon would have even noticed."

"I can pretty well guarantee we would have noticed."

Just when she thought she was getting in some good verbal slaps he complimented her and now she had no idea what to say.

"I...thank you."

"You're welcome."

"Why do you always do that?"

"Do what?"

"Every time I think I'm getting the best of you, you ruin it by doing or saying something nice and I'm left speechless."

"Do I do that?"

"All the time."

He just smiled at her as he started to walk away and said, "Then I better say or do something nice more often."

Teri was left standing there alone watching him disappear so she stuck her tongue out at him and went to the studio to set up for the first morning sitting.

Between their two morning appointments Meg called and asked, "Is that offer for a sitting still valid?"

"Absolutely, so is the dinner invitation."

"I'll make you a deal. I'd like to have you do my portrait and we go to dinner afterward but dinner is my treat."

"Now how can I say no?"

"What time works for you?"

"Would four thirty be too late for you?"

"That would be great."

"See you then Lee."

When he hung up Teri said, "Let me guess, the lady in distress."

"The one and only."

"Do you want me to do the setup for her or would you rather do it yourself?"

"Well why don't you choose the setting?"

"I've never even met her."

"Assume a nice looking woman, about your age and likely dressed nicely but not too fancy."

"Hair color?"

Light brown, why?"

"I just wanted to see if you even noticed."

"Brown eyes too."

"Show off. Do you want me to stay and assist or is this a closed personal session?"

"No it won't be a closed personal session. I hardly know her and you can stay if you want but you don't have too.

"Maybe I'll stay then and put things away when you're done."

"I'll just be doing digital shots."

"Okay."

When Meg arrived Lee introduced her to Teri and added, "She's my irreplaceable assistant."

"The one getting the birthday present?"

"Yes, my only assistant."

Meg turned toward Teri and said, "That was quite a birthday present."

Teri touched Lee's shoulder and said, "Lee's the best boss on earth."

Lee stepped in and said, "Let's go back to the studio Meg and take your picture." Meg was wearing dress slacks and a silky blouse that draped off her shoulders and hid her shape somewhat so as Lee got her settled Teri slipped out and returned with a couple of clothes pins.

She looked at Lee and with a smile suggested, "I thought we might want to use these, unless you'd like to use the shawl."