Playing with Fire

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"How can I help you, Elena?" Kris goes to her drawers and starts to go through her clothing. She is going to dress simple tonight. It is a small family gathering. And from the look that Ellie gave her she could wear a trash bag and still have Ellie lusting after her. That is reassuring.

"I just wanted to let you know that Dina and I are pretty serious. So please respect that." It is easier to lie to her when she is not looking at her. If Kris really knew her she would be able to see how differently Ellie looks at Dina.

Her eyes roam over Kris' back and the butterflies in her stomach go crazy. Kris has this powerful grace about her. Like a black panther. Her body is dangerous and hypnotizing to Ellie.

Kris stops rummaging through her underwear drawer and reins in her anger. 'Serious'? How the fuck is that possible if Ellie was just here last week begging Kris to take her to bed? She rolls her eyes and finds the pair of underwear she was looking for. She puts it on under the towel and lets it drop once she has her panties on.

"Is that all?" Kris runs back to look at her. She leans back against her drawers and crosses her arms. She wishes she could correct Ellie and explain why they deserve to be together but she has to talk to Javier first.

"Yes." Ellie doesn't know why but the lack of reaction from Kris kickstarts the anger she felt last time she was here. Is this really one sided? Does she like Kris more than Kris likes her? "And," She starts up again when Kris begins to move. "If we leave the party early, don't ask why. Dina has a fun night planned for us." The implication hangs over them and Kris' cool exterior shifts.

"Now, why would you have to leave early?" Her tone is deadly. Surely, Ellie wouldn't be stupid enough to bait Kris. Does she know what Kris is capable of?

Ellie gets the courage she needs and blurts it out. "Dina thinks my first time should be special."

Kris pounces on her and crushes her lips against Ellie's surprised ones. They kiss with fiery lust and rub against each other until they are both panting. Ellie's black skirt rises up and she rubs her heated center against Kris' thigh. Kris pulls back and notice's Ellie's pink lipstick smeared all over her lips. Her hand comes up and she rubs her thumb across Ellie's bottom lip.

"This fuckable mouth of yours is going to get you in trouble." Kris whispers between them. She looks up into Ellie's brown eyes and sighs. So much for impulse control. It is getting harder and harder. Her lips are literally irresistible. She stares intensely into Ellie's eyes. They're a dark honey today, contrasting against her bright hair. Actually, they're a shade darker than honey. Honey is too sweet to describe how intoxicating Ellie is. Her eyes match the color of a very fine brandy. The most rare and exquisite.

"I mean it Kris. Back off." Ellie's threat is empty. She hasn't felt any more alive than she does at this very moment. Being under Kris, having their lips meet in a heated frenzy. She wants this.

"And I mean it, Elle. Try to leave with her tonight and I will drag you right back here, fuck your wet little cunt, and gag you if I have to."

Ellie moans in spite of her anger and pulls Kris down to kiss her again. She pulls back, once again, out of breath. "Threaten me like that and I'll give us both what we want."

Kris chuckles and kisses Ellie again. "Behave tonight and I promise I'll give you what you want."

"Behave how?" Ellie tries to catch her breath. Can she really trust Kris though? Why would she give Ellie what she wants now? Why not when she first asked? Is the only reason she's reacting this way because Dina is now in the picture? Her head is running in circles.

"Don't touch her, don't kiss her, tell her you won't see her after tonight. Unless she is ok with just being friends. But nothing more." Kris wants to make sure the expectations are understood on both parts. "You do that and I'll take you anyway you want me to tonight." Fuck it if Javi is against it. At least for tonight. If Kris doesn't act now Ellie will move on and forget this ever happened.

"Just for tonight?" Is one night enough for Ellie?

"For now." Kris can guarantee tonight for the both of them. She still needs to make sure Javier will at least approve their happily ever after.

"We'll see." Ellie pushes Kris off her so she can go back to her stand-in date. She doesn't know where this night will take her.

She just knows it is going to change her life.

~~~~

Javier doesn't miss the way Ellie keeps looking at Kris.

Kris has a better hold on her feelings but she has been sharing some intimate looks with Ellie too. He shakes his head and goes back into the living room to watch the soccer game with his dad. Everyone is out back waiting for the steaks on the grill but he's not hungry. He's mostly tired. This last week was brutal on him. He slept maybe a combined 20 hours in 6 days.

"Who is the girl Elena brought?" Javier's dad asks without taking his eyes away from the screen.

Oh, no. Javier does not want to be that one to deal with this conversation.

"Her college friend, I think." He takes a sip of his beer and pretends to be really invested in the game.

"Something is off about her. You think she's," His dad does a motion with his hand and Javier rolls his eyes. Guess he will have to be the one to deal with it.

"Maybe, pa. So what?"

His dad raises his hands and finally looks at his son. "As long as she is only Elena's friend there is no problem." He has raised his kids with morals and values. He can't have them acting out of control just because they are not under his roof anymore.

"What if she is Ellie's girlfriend?" Javier knows he should calm down but the lack of sleep and beer is affecting his mood. Eventually this conversation is going to have to be had especially since his own best friend wants to be with Ellie. "You knew she's probably bi. What's the problem now?"

His father sits back and grabs the bottle neck hard. "I've never had to witness it. It's just different." He clears his throat, clearly embarrassed.

Javier sighs and goes up to hug his old man. "I'm sorry, pa. You're right. It's new to you and we should be more conscious of it. I'll talk to her."

He hugs his son back and pats his back. "Don't talk to her. She hasn't done anything disrespectful. I just don't really have anyone to talk to about it. Your mom is completely fine with it. I thought it was a phase and this is the first time I'm seeing how true it is. Just caught me off guard. I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize dad. You're doing better than most. You're at least trying."

Javier gives him one last hug and decides to mingle with the rest of the party.

Kris is playing a card game with a couple of his cousins and Ellie is with Dina in the corner talking to Perla.

"Ellie, come here." He motions for a table near the fence and sits when she comes to stand next to him.

"What's up?" She sits across from him, her eyes sneaking back to look at Kris.

"What are you doing, Elena?" His tone is serious.

She groans. He has to be serious if he's calling her by her name. "I'm living my life, Javier. I'm tired of people trying to tell me how to live it." She gives him a pointed look.

He puts his hands up. "I'm just trying to figure out where your head's at. I thought you liked Kris." This might get uncomfortable but he needs to address it. He's the one who involved himself in this mess.

She puts her head in her hands and groans again. "I did. I do. But she is just so hot and cold. I don't know what she wants."

He crosses his arms. He knows Kris has been trying to pull back from going too far with Ellie but he didn't know how it was affecting Ellie. He feels like shit. "Is that why you invited Dina tonight? To make her jealous or to move on?"

She peaks up at him and shrugs. "I don't know. Both? But now I don't know what I'm doing. How can I throw myself at someone who wants nothing to do with me?"

He turns his head a little. "You sure about that? Have you asked her?"

"Actions speak louder than words." She pouts, thinking of all the times she practically begged Kris to touch her and all the times Kris rejected her.

He shakes his head. "I'm not even going to ask. But I think you guys need to talk. And I think you know bringing Dina here was a bad idea."

She looks guilty and nods. "I fucked up." Even if she was upfront with Dina and told her she only wanted to be friends she knew Dina's feelings were there. She just dragged her into this shitshow for no reason.

He leans over and rubs her hair the way she hates. "You'll learn kid."

~~~

Kris takes another sip of her beer and plays a card from her deck.

"What was that about?" She asks Javier when he stands next to her.

She couldn't help but notice Ellie looked both relieved and guilty after talking with Javier. Kris wanted so badly to interrupt whatever was going on and ask to speak to him alone. If he was going to get between them one last time, he should have at least involved her. But she made up her mind. If Javier did anything to suggest he did not approve of their relationship, Kris will probably have to move out, find a new job, and hope he can one day forgive her for going against his wishes. As much as it would pain her not to have his blessings, she couldn't afford to let Ellie slip through her fingers again. At the end of the day, Ellie was old enough to decide what she wanted. And Kris wants her.

"Play the nine." Javier responds. Kris pulls the nine from her deck and places it on the pile.

Paco slams his hand against the table. "No good, cheaters!"

Kris blows him a kiss and collects her winnings.

"Okay, who wants next round? And no cheaters this time." Paco pats his fat belly and asks his wife for more food.

Kris and Javier walk over to the other side of the backyard.

"I told Ellie to get her shit together." He chuckles at Kris' look. "I'm giving you guys the green light. But if you hurt her- "

Kris doesn't wait for him to stop talking before she hugs him. "I would cut off my right arm before ever hurting her."

He hugs her back and sighs. "Knowing you, I know you mean that literally."

Kris pulls back and looks around for Ellie. "Where did she go?"

"My guess is she is letting Dina down easy." He slaps a hand on her back and gives her a small smile. "If all goes well this will be the best thing that ever happened to any of us."

"Don't worry." Kris playfully slaps his chest. "We'll finally be brother and sister by law." She winks.

He shoves her. "Slow down, Reed."

~~~

Kris and Ellie are almost bursting with anticipation by the time they get back to Kris' place.

Ellie suggested they head back to her studio but Kris reasoned that her place was closer and Javier promised to be out of the apartment for the rest of the night. Apparently, he had a neighbor to meet up with.

The guard in front of their building holds the door for them when they get to the building. They walk straight to the elevator. No words are exchanged and they don't move a muscle. Kris is almost bouncing on the balls of her feet trying to contain her eagerness. She will finally have Ellie under her. On top. On the floor. In the shower. She punches the button to the eighth floor with more urgency.

Ellie bites her lip to hide her smile. As soon as Dina left, Kris swooped in and asked her if she wanted to leave. Her parents were sad to see her leave so soon but they were grateful that Kris would get her home safe. She wondered how they were going to tell her parents about this new development. Or maybe they should wait a while and see where it goes. Speaking of, maybe they should set some ground rules. Kris made it abundantly clear she is jealous and does not want Ellie seeing anyone else. Does the same apply to her?

The elevator dings and the doors open. Ellie steps out first. She watches Kris carefully. She can see that Kris is just as excited as she is. Kris unlocks the door and motions for Ellie to enter first.

"I'm going to make us some drinks, why don't you get comfortable." She turns on the lights and heads straight to the kitchen. This is all second nature to Kris. Tending to a girl who she'll eventually sleep with. But Ellie isn't just any girl. Kris feels some added pressure to impress her tonight.

Ellie stops right as she reaches the living room and her eyes widen in fear. Before she can yell for help, Kris' voice travels from the kitchen.

"I know you prefer white liquor but all we have is brown. I do have some mixer to help with the taste though." Kris grabs two glasses and a bottle. As she rounds the corner, she sees Ellie standing there motionless.

"Elle?"

"I personally don't mind dark liquor. It's tastier." A sultry voice comes from the center of the living room. Kris recognizes the voice. That accent is hard to miss.

She immediately drops everything in her hands and stands in front of Ellie. Trish gives her a sickly-sweet smile and points the gun at Kris' chest. She's wearing all black. Her clothing is very similar to what Kris would wear on one of her missions. Her stomach turns at the sight of the gun. She controls her breathing, thinking of the best escape plan for Ellie.

"Hello, love." Trish cocks the gun.

~~~

Javier nods to the guard in front of the building and rushes to the elevator before the doors completely close. There is an older couple inside. They politely smile and make room for him. He pushes the button to the eighth floor.

He tries calling Kris one more time but again her phone goes straight to voicemail. Hopefully she has enough decency to spend some quality time with Ellie before trying to sleep with her. He got a call from his boss at the last minute asking him to go into the office this afternoon. He specifically asked for Javier and Kris but Javier asked if he could fill her in tomorrow instead. He wanted to give them some quality time tonight. Kris owes him.

He turns the key and opens the door.

"Don't mind me! I'm just grabbing some paperwork!" He makes as much noise as he can, in case they are too far gone to make use of his words.

He rushes past the kitchen to the living room. He believes he left his papers next to the desk by the sofa.

He sees Ellie standing behind Kris in the living room. What is going on? "Hey, sorry about barging in- "

"Well, well, well if it isn't your hot roommate." Trish steps from around Kris shifting her gun between Kris to Javier. "It is such a shame I never got that threesome I wanted." She blows a kiss at Javier and winks at Kris. "Oh, well. I'm sure we'll see each other again in Hell."

Javier's heart stops beating for a second. Just for one beat he allows himself to panic. To think of the worst possible outcome where he loses both his best friend and his sister. It is enough to make him double over in pain. Living in a world without them, having to break the news to his parents, never being the person he used to be. It all flashes before his eyes and then he reacts. In the next breath he pulls out the gun from behind his waistband and pulls the trigger.

Two shots go off at the same time and then there is silence.

~~~

Ellie lets out a loud shrill.

That kick starts everyone to start reacting. Kris immediately turns around checking every inch of Ellie before breathing a sigh of relief when she finds no blood. She wasn't hit. Kris does a sweep of her own body and finds that she is also without a scratch. She looks back at Javi who still has the gun in his hand. She fears the worst. There is a bullet hole right above his head, in the wall. Relief sweeps every inch of her body. Both of them give each other a knowing look and Kris takes Ellie to her room. Kris and Javi have mastered speaking without saying a word. They are trained to stay level headed in these types of situations. Had they been unprepared this could have gone a lot differently. Had they been regular people, there would have been deaths today. If they had been regular people they would have never been in this predicament. Now, Kris only has one death in mind.

She sits Ellie down on her bed and wraps a blanket around her. They don't say anything.

Javier keeps his gun pointed at the figure on the ground. There is blood staining the white carpet. He walks closer to see the damage. He meant to hit just above her right clavicle. He wanted to make her drop her gun and scare her enough so they could get the upper hand. They needed to make sure she could speak. Instead his bullet went through the side of her neck. Blood is flowing out of the wound. She gurgles some more blood out of her mouth and he frowns. They won't be able to get anything out of her in the state.

Kris rushes back into the living and pulls Trish up by her shirt. All she can see is red at the moment. The blood on her hands is not enough to sedate the anger in her chest.

"Who sent you?" There is no emotion in her tone. Javier knows she is seconds away from killing Trish with her own hands.

"Let's call the boss. He might want us to try and save her and see what information we can get out of her." He finally puts his gun away and reaches for his phone.

"She's not living past the next ten seconds if she doesn't tell us who sent her." Kris digs her fingers into the bullet wound on Trish's neck.

Trish lets out an animal cry and tries to claw Kris' hands away. She begins to choke on her blood and gives Javier a frightened look. She is seconds away from meeting her maker. As much as Javier wants to do the right thing and call it in, he can't tear his eyes away from Trish. She almost took everything away from him. She almost ruined him. She deserves to rot in Hell.

"Coleman." Trish pushes out through all of the blood and pain.

"What?" Kris eases up the hold around her neck.

"Coleman." Trish repeats louder. Her skin is turning pale, she is losing a lot of blood.

"6478." Javi crosses his arms. He knows Kris is better with mission numbers than names. Both of them think back to that mission but don't find any significance of it. Once everything is settled, they will look into it.

Kris punches Trish in the face and slams her to the ground. "Call the boss. I'll take care of Ellie."

~~~

Ellie is no longer crying by the time they reach her studio. Kris wraps her arms around her as they move up the stairs. She unlocks Ellie's door and turns on the lights for her. In the back of her mind she knows tonight went as awful as it could have gone. She can't say she would have never expected it. After all, how many men has she killed who were with their own sweethearts at any given time? Kris has lost count. When she killed them, she saw them as targets and nothing more. She guessed one day one of their deaths would catch up to her. And although there is some relief in having a lead, she can't forgive herself for putting Ellie's life at risk. Ellie could have been killed today. Trish could have pulled the trigger way before Kris even realized what was happening.

Trish.

How did Kris never realize it? She could see now that crossing paths was no coincidence. Trish sought her out through the dating app with one goal in mind. She was a target. Now, Kris was looking at every interaction they had differently. How long had Trish been plotting this? When and how did gain information on Kris. Where she lived, when she would be home. Kris never brought any girl home, so somehow Trish gained knowledge of things Kris never intended to make public. The fact that they hooked up was another sick twist in this whole operation. Did Trish make it a mission to sleep with her targets? How did Kris not realize she was sleeping with the enemy?

Ellie goes straight to her couch and wraps her arms around legs. There is no color on her face. She looks like she is going to be sick.