Playing with Fire

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'll get you some water." Kris goes to her sink.

Once Kris sits down next to Ellie, she pulls out her phone. Javier is giving her updates as they come. Trish pretended to be their maid to get into the building. She had the credentials and everything, meaning she had help with fake IDs or she got rid of their actual maid and stole her identification. Neither scenario was good. Coleman was the man they killed on the day of Ellie's graduation. He had connections all over the black market and his death caused a lot of inconveniences. Trish was a hitman ordered to take them out by Coleman's son. Well, nothing to do now but wait for orders. The latest development was their boss already making arrangements for their temporary living situation. They had to find another secure location to move into in the meantime. Having to move everything was going to be a bitch.

"Is she dead?" Ellie's eyes are bleak.

"Unfortunately, she is not." Kris puts her phone away. As much as she would have loved to kill Trish herself, Kris realized Trish is more useful alive than dead. That is, if she is able to speak again.

"I saw..." Ellie's eyes begin to water. "Javier shot her, you tried to strangle her." Ellie followed Kris back to the living room but had to run back into the room when she realized what Kris was doing. "You guys..." She shakes her head trying to burn the images away. She didn't know what to think of the whole situation. Javier owning a gun is pretty much the only thing she can hang on to as the last piece of sanity. Anything after that turns dark and gruesome. He is a pacifist. He doesn't own guns. But apparently, he does. And he knows how to use them and he uses them. "Why?"

"She was going to kill us all." Kris wishes she could be gentle with Ellie but there was no point in hiding it now. Ellie has seen the ugly. There is no way to spin it into anything that it isn't. "Had Javier not shown up when he did, I would have probably died. Or worse." Kris is very confident in her training. She knows on any other day she could have taken Trish down. She was in her own house for God's sake. And yet, having Ellie there changed everything. Her rationality flew out the window as soon as she realized there was a possibility of losing her. Then she knew would probably die trying to save her if that was what it took.

"But why?" Ellie loses more color on her face. Nothing makes sense.

"We killed someone and then we put a target on our backs. That's our job Elle. We are given targets and we kill them." Kris bites her tongue from saying any more. Javier should have been the one to tell her this. He should have been the one to disclose what they do and who they work for. But she knows he will try to protect Ellie for as long as he can. Kris knows the harm that could lead to. Lying to Ellie would just make it worse. It will make her think she has nothing to worry about. She should live with some precaution. She should know the truth. If Javier really wanted to keep her safe, he would have kept his family at a distance. Just like Kris with her father. But could she keep Ellie away if it meant her safety?

"Javier kills people?" Blood rushes to Ellie's ears. No matter how much she wants to believe her brother is good, tonight showed there is a whole other side of him that she never knew about. "You kill people?" Images of Kris' hand wrapped around Trish's neck flood her mind. She closes her eyes and rests her head on her knees. She tightens her hold around her legs.

"I think you need some rest." Kris places a hand on her shoulder and Ellie's body stiffens. She sighs. "Would you like me to give you some space?" She will leave her apartment if Ellie asks her to. But she will just be waiting outside. Waiting until Ellie comes out or someone tries to come in. Not even the devil himself would be able to make her leave Ellie's side.

Ellie's body goes limp. "No." She does not want to be alone right now. Not when she had a gun pointed at her and then at Kris and finally her brother all in one night. She needs Kris here. To remind her that she is alive and that they made it out of there safe. Thoughts of death plague her mind. She can't be left alone with that.

"Can you please stay the night?" She finally raises her head and looks at Kris.

Her dark eyes hold no emotion. She doesn't look frightened or worried.

"Yes." She stands and picks Ellie up to take her to bed.

~~~

A week passes before Ellie sees her brother again.

She has been cooped up in her home, too afraid to leave the only place she feels safe in. She has been able to do some work from home but she can't stay in forever. They're expecting her back in the office Monday morning. Kris visits every night after work. Sometimes they don't say anything and just take comfort in the silence. The few times they do speak Kris asks Ellie to speak to her brother. Ellie has been avoiding his calls because she feels betrayed by him. He has been dishonest with her. With their whole family. Kris has too but Ellie already cleared the air with her. She can't be upset with both of them at the same time. It would make getting through this rough patch in her life impossible. Plus, Kris didn't owe her any honesty in the past, her brother did.

They also talk about Kris' job. Without giving too much away Kris explains some aspects of what is expected from her and gives what little information she can. If she is ever going to have a healthy relationship with Ellie, she needs to be honest. Seeing the way Ellie treats her brother is a good reminder that Kris can be in the same position if she lies to Ellie. She does not want that now or in the future.

Ellie stares through the peephole and curses again when she sees her brother on the other side of the door. Kris is the one who is supposed to be here right now, not him.

She opens the door and walks away. Javier stops the door from slamming in his face and follows her into her living room.

"Kris asked me to stop by since she is going to be at work longer than expected." Javier places his hands in his pockets. He tries to ignore the animosity, knowing it's his own fault.

"You didn't need to come." She goes to her fridge and grabs two beers. She pops them open and hands him one. They both sit on the couch and stare at the coffee table in front of them. "Have you talked to mom? She says you're under the weather."

He rubs a hand against his neck. "I don't think I can face the family right now. Work has been more hectic than usual. And you're...well, you hate me so I am trying to fix my life one piece at a time."

"By lying?" She deliberately dismisses his stupid claim that she hates him. She can be upset with him but there is no room for hate in her heart. Not now. She doesn't feel like the lost little girl who used to look up to her brother for help. She has matured in a short span.

He hangs his head. "I don't expect you to understand, Elena." Even if he wants his sister to forgive him, he can't let her believe he lied because he wanted to. "I was trying to protect you. But I am sorry I lied to you."

She takes a gulp of her beer and frowns. "Were you ever going to tell me?" The visions of Trish drowning in her own blood have come and gone with each passing day but they are very pronounced now. Her brother caused that.

"Not if I could help it." He answers, honestly. Javier would protect his sister from the evils in this world for as long as he could.

"Thanks for saving Kris. And me." She takes another gulp. In all of this mess she never got to thank him. He is the reason she is here today.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that Ellie. If I could go back in time I would." He finishes his beer and sets in on the table. He stands. "I know you need time, but I promise I will gain your trust back."

She stands and walks him to the door. Before she can stop herself, she hugs him and tries to stop the tears from forming. She scarcely allows herself to fret over that awful moment but she can't help it now. She could have lost him that day. She could have lost both of them. No matter how upset she is with him, she can never imagine her life without him.

He hugs her tight and kisses her head. "I will never let anything happen to you, Ellie."

~~~

Kris is packing up the last of her things when she hears the front door close.

"It better be you, Javi. I don't feel like shooting anyone today." Despite trying to sound playful, there is an edge to her voice. Almost two weeks have passed since Trish changed all of their lives. It has taken Kris some time to feel comfortable in her home. Well, ex-home. After today they would be living in a new undisclosed location for the time being. They were getting close to finding the person who sent the hit on them, but until then they were not safe. Both her and Javi worried more about Ellie's safety than their own. Thankfully the organization has her place being monitored round the clock. Kris feels immensely better when she or Javi are with Ellie instead. No one can protect her like they can.

"Just got back from work. I'll help you load up the final boxes." She hears him say from down the hall. He peeks his head in her room to talk to her.

"Where is Ellie? I thought she would be helping you pack."

"She's getting dinner with Perla and her boyfriend." Before Javier can ask, she answers his questions. "Trent is tailing them. He won't let her out of his sight."

Instead of looking relieved, he looks concerned. "Are we fucking up right now? Shouldn't we be moving thousands of miles away from Ellie and our family to keep them out of danger?" He crosses his arms and leans against the door frame.

Kris expected this conversation to happen eventually. She was kind of surprised it took him this long to say something. Luckily for her, she has come up with every argument and every direction this conversation can go. "I think we're in too deep now to try and fix it. Moving away from her or keeping her in the dark will not help anyone or anything."

"So, you wouldn't leave her even if it guaranteed her safety?" He doesn't sound angry, just concerned.

"I'm letting you know that there is no one on this earth that can protect your sister the way that we can. Can you honestly tell me that you would trust someone else to look after her or your family?" She stops packing long enough to stare at him.

He huffs. "I think she should decide if she wants to date someone who kills people for a living."

"You do realize I don't have control over her will? She can decide to leave anytime she wants and she hasn't." Kris is becoming upset. He's being more of a dick than she expected. She knows it's because Ellie is still giving him the silent treatment. He doesn't think it is fair Kris is forgiven and he isn't. He doesn't get it.

"I don't think she understands just what it means to date you. I don't think you realize the severity either." He's no longer leaning against the wall.

"News flash asshole, if she's not okay with what I do and who I am do you realize what that means for you, right? She can dump me if she decides to but she can never truly get rid of this lifestyle. You'll always be involved in it and she'll never stop being your sister." With that, Kris stands and picks up her last box.

She pushes past Javi as she leaves the room.

~~~

Kris is waiting for Ellie at her studio that night.

It is almost midnight and Ellie isn't home. Kris doesn't want to come off overbearing but she would rather Ellie be home right now. Who knows where they could be and how much she is telling Perla? Knowing Ellie though, Kris knows their secret is safe. She just wished Ellie would be cautious and be aware of her surroundings. Trent is still following her but that doesn't ease Kris' mind.

Just when she is about to leave the house and ask Trent where Ellie is, Kris hears the front door unlock.

"Ellie?" Kris goes to help Ellie, who almost falls over once the door opens.

"Kristen!" Ellie's glee melts Kris' worry away.

"Elena, are you drunk?" Kris helps her remove her shoes and guides her to the couch.

"I told Perla shots were a bad idea." Ellie nods in seriousness. Her façade is ruined when she begins to giggle and falls back on the couch. "I am so glad to be home. I think I've turned into a hermit crab."

She shifts around on the couch until her head rests on Kris' lap.

Kris looks down at her and smirks. Her cheeks are flushed and her eyes are bright tonight. In these last couple of weeks she has forgotten what it is like to see Ellie smile. Her eyes are a beautiful light amber today.

"I'm glad you got out and had fun today." She runs her hand along the blonde locks on her lap.

"What have you been up to all day?" Ellie hums as she feels Kris' fingers on her scalp. It feels heavenly. This is one of the first nights she hasn't let her mind play tricks on her. No, Trish will not be around the corner to launch another attack on her life. And now that she is in Kris' arms, she knows there is nothing to fear. Her mind is at ease.

"Finished moving into my temporary home." Something has been bothering Kris all day. She would rather keep the tone light and allow Ellie to enjoy her night but the feeling and thoughts won't go away until she expels them from her mind and out of her mouth. With Ellie being drunk it should also allow her to speak honestly. "Elle, I have a question."

"Hmm." Ellie is falling into dangerous waters. The heat between her legs has only intensified as the night progressed. The more drinks she had the more she wanted to rush home and have her way with Kris. But she knows she doesn't have the guts to initiate anything. Plus, they are just getting back to how things were before the incident. She doesn't want to ruin anything. And yet with each stroke of Kris' hand on her hair, she feels the desire bubble up. She shifts so her legs aren't pressed together, easing some of the tension.

"Do you feel safe with me?" She can feel Kris' eyes watch her.

She looks up at her. "I do."

"Is it selfish of me to want to be with you knowing it is not safe?" Her eyes are so dark and void of any feeling. Why does she do that? Ellie thought by now she would be able to get through to Kris and have her be open and honest about her emotions. But it seems like they have a lot more growth to get through.

"Why are you asking me these questions?" Ellie doesn't like where this was headed.

"Your brother thinks that I am putting your life at risk just by being with you." Kris runs a hand against her short hair. She needs to cut it soon.

Ellie sits up to face her. How can she explain to Kris that there is no way she can let go of her now? They are heading in the right direction, why ruin it? "What do you think?" Does Ellie really want to know? What if she doesn't like her answer? Too late to back out now. She waits for Kris to say something.

"I think I am being selfish because I do not want to let you go." The emotions in her voice betray her stoic face.

Ellie does the one thing she can think of to comfort Kris. She straddles her lap and places a kiss on her neck. Kris' arms wrap around Ellie.

"I would rather be with you knowing the truth, than alone and in the dark." Ellie can't help the delicious feeling that travels through her body as she shifts in Kris' lap. This is the most intimate they have gotten since their last kiss, before her dad's birthday party. Reminded of Kris' promise that day, Ellie decides to shift the mood. She is still drunk enough to speak her truth.

"You owe me an orgasm."

Kris' shock turns into a smirk when she sees the heat in Ellie's gaze. "You must really be drunk, Elena." She raises from the couch, carrying Ellie in her arms. Ellie wraps her legs around her waist as Kris walks to the bed. Ellie looks excited but she should know better by now. Kris feels bad to play this trick on her but she has no plans to make Ellie cum tonight. Not after talking about life and death. She doesn't want to marre their meaningful conversation with sex.

Kris lays Ellie down and gives her a kiss on the forehead. "I am going to head out, but you should get some rest."

Ellie's pout comes out full force. "You promised."

Kris sighs. "That was before your life was threatened. Tonight is not the night, Elle."

Ellie sits up and her pout turns lethal. Kris hasn't seen this sexy, playful side of Ellie in a while. She wished it could be any other night but tonight. With thoughts of her safety and their future floating around in her head, it is hard for Kris to stay and give Ellie her undivided attention.

"Fine. I'll just make myself cum when you leave." The smile lasts for all of three seconds before she sees the glint in Kris' eye.

"You won't be cuming tonight, my little Ellie." Kris walks over to Ellie's nightstand and opens the drawer at the bottom. She pulls out her pink vibrator and gives Ellie a devilish smile.

"What are you doing?" Ellie leans back on the bed when Kris pushes her shoulder. Kris pushes Ellie's red dress up to reveal her pink underwear. "Cute, Ellie." She takes off her underwear and licks her lips. She would sell her soul to lick Ellie's beautiful pink pussy right now but alas, she can't. She waited around for Ellie too long and Javier is probably waiting for her now. They were supposed to scout one of the new target's at some dock. Well, this little punishment was not going to last long. Not with the amount of juices coating her underwear.

"Baby, we are going to have to set some rules. You will be a good girl and cum a lot but only when I say so." She sits on the edge of the bed and turns on the vibrator.

"But- "

"Shh." Kris pushes Ellie's legs together and lowers the vibrator dangerously close to her peeking clit. "I promise you may hate it at first, but you'll eventually come to like it. My rules are for your benefit." She lowers the vibrator and Ellie jumps, bucking under it. Her eyes roll back and she moans.

Kris raises the vibrator again and smiles when she hears Ellie's angry whimpers. "So impatient. You'll learn, baby." She lowers it against her clit. Again, Ellie's body acts on its own accord. Her hands grasp at the sheets, she arches her back and moans louder. Kris allows her to enjoy the feeling of the vibrator against her clit. She repeatedly raises and lowers the vibrator until she can see Ellie getting close. Kris raises the vibrator again and replaces it with her fingers. They slip into Ellie's tight cunt with no problem. "You're very wet, my little slut."

"Kris, I need to cum." Ellie is barely able to open her eyes. All she can focus on is the sensation between her legs. No one has ever made her feel like this. Even she can't give herself this type of pleasure. She is going delirious with it. "I need it. I need you." She is breathless.

"Remember that next time I say no, baby." She brings the vibrator down, on full speed, against her clit.

Ellie can't stop the noises coming out of her mouth. Her screams fill the room. Her legs begin to shake. She is so close. She can taste the orgasm. Just as she is about to reach her peak Kris removes the vibrator and turns it off. Ellie's eyes snap open and she gasps. She groans in frustration as Kris stands next to her.

"Kris." She breathes in deeply and reaches out to her before she moves away from her bed.

"I will see you tomorrow." Kris leans down to kiss her forehead.

Ellie pulls her back before she gets the chance to walk away. "Kris, I am not some slave you can bend at your will." Her cheeks turn a brighter pink and bite her lip. "I have needs and you can't give and take just because you feel like it. I don't like this."

Kris stops moving and looks into Ellie's eyes.

A tear slides down her cheek and Kris wipes it away.

Ellie speaks again. "If we are going to be together there will be no rules and no conditions."