Plus One

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Sir. I am bereft."

What the hell did that mean? Then I understood. Someone at some point had helped her get into the training program that both my mother and grandmother went through. Then they ran off and left her to fend for herself. What kind of bastard would do that to someone they cared about? Especially if they knew what eliminating her social conditioning was going to do to her? I started burning in anger. No one should be abused like that. No one.

Standing up I motioned at the maitre d. Everyone around us stopped what they were doing to watch as he hurried over.

"Sir?"

"Do you have a pen and some paper I could have?"

"Kevin!" Warning me once more to stay out of it, my grandmother also stood up. "This is not our affair."

I didn't say anything. All I did was look at her and then back to the maitre d.

"Get it."

The matre d took one look at my face and vanished. I stepped to one side and offered my chair to the girl.

"Please join us for a moment."

She looked at me, then to the chair, and finally at my grandmother. Grandmother sank gracefully back into her seat and indicated for the girl to do the same. Slowly she sat.

"What are you up to Kevin?"

"Putting two birds into one basket." I accepted the stationary the maitre d held out and snapped my fingers for the pen.

Taking it I bent over the table. Scribbling a quick note before tearing off the page, I folded it into a small packet. Writing on the outside of the folded wad of paper I looked at the girl.

"Are you in control enough to go somewhere else without assistance? I require an honest answer because it determines what happens next."

"Yes. Sir." She licked her lips once more. "Barely, but yes."

"Go here." I handed the paper to her and indicated what I'd written on the outside. "Knock. There is someone there. If he doesn't answer, knock again. Louder. Keep knocking until he answers. Give him the note when he does."

"Sir?"

"He is unkempt, a slob, and certainly not a proper chaperone for a Lady. He waits but no one is returned. No one is ever returned. No one. Yet he waits and yearns to be fulfilled."

At that she stood up. Fast. I held up one finger.

"He is completely untrained and very vulnerable at this time. He also knows nothing of this, but he is available and pure of heart. Be truthful and tell him you will stray. Let him decide if he will wait for you, instead of another who will never come. At the very least your need will be less but I believe, if you are honest with him, a beacon will always be there to guide you home."

"Dame Marjory, Sir." She actually curtseyed in our direction as soon as I finished speaking. "Please excuse me. I would stay but I have an errand to run which cannot be delayed any longer."

And she was gone.

"Starling?" I asked as I sat back in my chair.

"She is new to her stars."

"Oh." I looked around, everyone who'd been watching saw me do it and went back to what they'd been doing before I'd started acting like an out of control asshole.

"Is that what the Lady Helen and Dame Marjory thing is all about? Stars?"

"Yes."

I sat and kept my eye on my mother as she and Greg and the stranger continued to talk. As I watched, Greg turned his head and looked directly at me for a moment then went back to being Helen's right hand man.

"Kevin . . ."

I turned her way fully expecting to be scolded for what I'd just done.

"Were she here, Helen would be very proud of you." Grandmother smiled at me. "Although I'm not sure she'd be as proud of you as I am at this moment, I know she could not be prouder."

"I didn't really do anything."

"You did what you believed was necessary." She rested her palm on the back of my hand gently. "You should learn how to avoid this happening again in the future, but what you did showed everyone here exactly what kind of a man you are."

I looked down at the table top in embarrassment.

"How long do you think she'll need before she's calm?" I asked after a moment.

"It could be several hours I suppose. Why?'

"No reason. I just suddenly find myself with almost nothing to do." I lifted her hand and kissed her knuckles. "Do you think my grandmother would appreciate some of my personal attention?"

"You are an evil tease, sir."

"Grandmother, I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about."

FIFTEEN

An hour later I detoured to swing by my apartment on our way home. Grandmother wondered what I was doing but didn't try to stop me. Promising to be right back, I ran up the stairs and unlocked the door.

Wade's boxers were on the floor in the living room. Listening carefully I thought I heard noise coming from his room. Telling myself I could always wash that hand, I scooped his boxers off the floor and shouted.

"WADE!"

I didn't knock, I just slammed open his bedroom door. Tabitha was rocking her hips as she rode him with her eyes closed. She didn't stop when I walked in even though Wade nearly jumped off the bed in surprise.

Pale skinned with perky breasts, I could see she was starting to thicken in the waistline. Obviously that was because of her training pregnancy. Which meant she hadn't been out on her own for very long. She probably got dumped without knowing it while she wasn't allowed to be with whoever it was that abused her that way. Which was also probably why she'd been so far gone in need.

Wade took one look at me and started to say something. I didn't give him a chance.

"DAMMIT WADE!" I showed him the boxers and stepped closer to the bed. Tabitha opened her eyes and looked at me while I thundered at the top of my lungs.

"This is the last straw. I swear I'm going to move out if you DON'T STOP!"

Calmly holding the boxers out to Tabitha, I went on as if she wasn't there.

"Seriously dude, you need to get your act together. Otherwise, you're never going to find someone who wants you."

I let go of the boxers when Tabitha took them from me. Gently I stroked her cheek with the back of one finger and cocked my head slightly in silent question. She nodded back and I faced Wade again.

"You know what? Fuck it. I'm done with all of this. I'm moving out. Find yourself a new roommate to screw."

Wade looked at me, then up at Tabitha who neatly folded the boxers and placed them next to her leg on the bed before she closed her eyes and went back to pleasuring herself. It took a moment for it to sink in but once it did Wade held out his fist in my direction. I solidly bumped it with my own.

"I hope you get everything you deserve."

"Get lost Kev."

Wade closed his eyes and grabbed Tabitha's hips. I left the bedroom door open and headed for the bathroom. And the soap. Lots and lots of soap.

"Was Starling Tabitha still there?" Grandmother asked once we were back on the road.

"Yes."

"And?"

"I'm going to have to move back home."

"I'm curious," she hitched herself around to face me and put her arm on the back of the seat. "What did the note say?"

"Just three things." I looked at her. "One, shut up and stop babbling. Two, I'm sorry for what I said earlier. Three, look at the girl, brace yourself for anything, and repeat after me."

"And?"

"You have found me at last."

"That's it?"

I nodded.

"When I left this morning, he was sitting in the middle of the floor wearing only a T shirt and purple boxers."

"And?"

"When I got there just now, the boxers were still in the middle of the floor." I looked down at my hand and wondered if I should wash it again. "Wade wasn't in them."

She bent double and laughed, indelicately snorting as she gasped for breath, and kept on laughing.

"Yeah, yeah. Go ahead, yuck it up at my expense." I sounded mournful as I turned onto my mom's street. "I'm twenty four years old and I'm going to have to move back home and live with my mother because I got kicked out of my apartment."

She finally stopped snorting and laughing and patted my cheek.

"I'm sure something good will come out of it. If not, I'll take care of you at least as well as your mother would."

"Grandmother, you are an evil tease."

She pulled down the sun visor and checked her makeup as I pulled into the driveway. Done, she looked at me and licked her lips.

"Sir. I am not teasing."

I shook my head as we went inside. Once inside the foyer, she kissed me on the cheek. I could see that she wanted more, but she restrained herself to just kissing my cheek. It wasn't long after that before mom and Greg got home.

"Everything go okay?" I asked.

Rather than reply, my mother looked at grandmother who did that formal ritual thing.

"Your love was safely held in my heart. It is still yours, unused, and did not stray while you were absent."

"I thank you for caring for what is mine in my absence."

She looked at me and waited. A twitch of grandmother's head got me on my feet and moving.

"My heart." I told her as I stepped into the foyer. "You . . ."

I didn't get any further, Helen slammed me against the wall and kissed me like I'd never been kissed before in my entire life. A kiss I returned with interest.

Drawing back, her breathing faster than it should be, she turned toward her mother.

"As I promised. Despite all which occurred." Grandmother bowed her head once.

Personally I had no idea what had just happened, but one part of me that had been asleep since yesterday finally woke up. I didn't get to say anything before the doorknob behind granddad rattled and Kelsey walked in.

"Oh . . ." She stopped and looked at all of us.

We just looked back.

"What's going on?"

I found my voice first.

"Granddad and grandmother are just leaving." I stepped over and kissed my grandmother's cheek. "I love you grandmother."

"I had a lovely morning Kevin. Thank you."

She smiled at me then looked at granddad. He held out his arm to her before looking at Kelsey until she squeezed to one side so they could get by. Mom handed me her hat and followed them out.

"What's going on?" Kelsey repeated herself.

"Nothing." I moved out of the foyer and into the living room where I placed the hat on mom's favorite chair. She could figure out what to do with it from there because I had absolutely no idea how to take care of it.

"Don't bullshit me Kev. Something's going on."

"Kevin." I corrected her again. "Kev IN. Remember?"

She narrowed her eyes at me.

"Answer my question."

"I did. Nothing is going on."

"Then why are you dressed liked that? And why is mom dressed like that? And why are granddad and grandmother dressed like that? And why did they drive here separately? Both of their cars are out front." The questions came rapid fire.

"Grandmother took me to lunch. Mom and granddad had some kind of meeting or something with someone. I'm not really sure what it was about because I wasn't invited. Why?"

She looked at me again. I waved her off and headed for the stairs.

"Where are you going?"

"To change clothes."

She followed me up the stairs and I had to close my bedroom door in her face.

"Mmuhh!" Frustration was apparent in her wordless vocalization. The stomp of her foot only emphasized it.

"Go away." I called through the door. "Go talk to mom or something."

"Why did granddad and grandmother drive here separately?" She shouted back at me. "They live together."

"I don't know." I opened the door a crack and looked at her. "Maybe one of them had to stop someplace else before they came here."

"Kev . . ."

I closed the door in her face again.

"Kevin! What's going on? Answer me!"

I yelled through the door again.

"I already did!"

"Is mom seeing someone? Is that it? Is that what you're not telling me? Mom's dating?" Kelsey opened my door and walked in.

"Kelsey!" I jerked my pants back up.

She sat on the edge of my bed.

"Well?"

"Would you get out of here?" I pointed at the door. "Please?"

"Not until I know what's going on." She crossed her arms and glared at me.

"Fine." I turned my back and dropped my pants. Stepping out of them one leg at a time, I picked up my jeans and slipped them on. Pulling my new shirt over my head, I tossed it on the floor next to my new pants and grabbed my T shirt. Turning around I yanked it on and tugged it into place to see Kelsey giving me the once over.

"Where'd you get the new clothes?"

"Grandmother bought them for me."

"Why?"

"Why does grandmother do anything?"

That made her pause but only for a second or two.

"Are you in trouble?"

"No. Are you?"

She looked at me for a long minute.

"What'd you do?"

"I didn't do anything."

"Kev . . ."

I cut her off. Yanking her to her feet by the arm, I shoved her out through my bedroom door.

"It's KevIN." I slammed the door again. "And that was your last chance Kelsey."

SIXTEEN

I waited until after the sound of her stomping feet going down the stairs faded before following her. Arriving in the living room I saw Kelsey sitting on the couch steaming like a volcano ready to erupt. Mom was in her usual chair, a glass of white wine on the table beside her. Her hat was now on the coffee table.

"Have I been excommunicated and thrown out of the family?" Kelsey asked mom. "Is that it? Is that why you're not telling me what's going on?"

"Are you done?" I interjected myself into the conversation as I sat in the other chair. "Being stupid I mean."

"You're the reason all of this is happening. Aren't you, big brother?"

Leaning forward, I put my elbows on my knees and waited for a moment before speaking.

"Are you done now?"

She glared back at me.

"There's nothing going on. Mom isn't seeing anyone and I'm not in trouble." My lips twisted wryly over that. "Unless getting kicked out of my apartment means I'm in trouble."

"Kevin?" Mom looked at me.

"Wade has a new girlfriend. I got kicked out." I sat back in the chair. "I didn't want to say anything earlier but, yeah, I'm homeless."

"You're not homeless." She sipped some of her wine. "You know you can stay here if you need to."

"Wait, Wade has a girlfriend?" Kelsey looked at me and then mom and then back to me. "WADE?"

"She's cute." I told her. "Her name's Tabitha."

"Wade, Wade? You know . . ." She waved vaguely at the wall. "That Wade?"

"Sorry, you missed your chance Kelsey. You were too slow and he got away." I grinned at her and she growled back at me. Complete with a snarl at the end.

"Enough!" Mom snapped at the both of us then looked at me. "When were you thinking of coming home?"

"If you don't mind, I can probably start bringing some of my stuff home this afternoon."

"Of course I don't mind." She sipped more wine. "It's probably for the best anyway."

We both looked at her. She indicated me but looked at my sister while speaking.

"Kevin is going to graduate from college soon."

"And?" Kelsey looked at me again.

"It would be easier after he graduates if he went into consulting like your father." She sipped more wine and then looked at me. "You can use your father's office and work from home."

A lightbulb went off in my head. She was saying it'd be easier on her if I was here all the time.

"You know, that's actually a pretty good idea." I looked at the closed door to the den my dad had used for his office.

"Mother and I can introduce you around and see if anyone is interested in your services." She sipped her wine while looking at me over the rim. "I'm sure someone will be."

Kelsey looked between us.

"What's going on?"

"Would you knock it off with that. We told you, nothing is going on." I got up from my chair. Placing my hands on the arms of her chair I leaned over my mother. "You sure you don't mind if I move back in?"

"This is your home."

I bent further and kissed her on the cheek.

"I love you mom."

Straightening I looked at my sister without speaking. With a sigh, she stood up.

"Let's get this over with."

She sat silently and steamed some more while I drove.

"You know, if you were nicer, people would like you better."

She opened her mouth but closed it again without speaking.

"You might even be able to keep a boyfriend." I pulled into the parking lot at the apartment.

"I have a boyfriend." She got out of the car after I stopped at the yellow painted curb where everyone parked moving vans when they moved in or out. I looked at her. She sighed.

"What's the matter?"

"Nothing."

I shook my head and headed for the stairs.

"I left him." Kelsey caught up.

"Why?"

"It's personal."

"Okay."

We took a few more steps before she sighed again.

"He was boring."

"Boring?" I stopped in the hallway and looked at her. She nodded.

"He was always wanting to go out with his friends."

"So?"

She looked both ways up and down the hallway.

"I didn't like being alone all the time."

"And?"

"We had a fight. He said I was too demanding."

"Too demanding how? What were you doing, setting a curfew for him or something?"

She looked at me, then up and down the hallway again before lowering her voice.

"He said I wanted it too much." She checked the hallway again and lowered her voice even further. "Is that like, I don't know, a guy thing? Do guys not like sex?"

"Have you talked to mom? Because I'm not really sure I'm the right person you should be having this conversation with."

"Kev . . . in." She finished calling me by my full name after I stiffened and started to correct her again. "I'm serious. Do they?"

"Well, I like sex and I'm a guy, so . . ." I began walking again.

"Then why are guys only interested in hanging out with other guys?" She caught up to walk beside me.

"Maybe you were the boring one."

That got me a punch in the arm.

"Hey!" I stopped again and rubbed my arm.

"I am not boring!" She glared at me again.

"Did you hit him? Is that why he left?"

"I never hit him."

"So, you only beat up your brother, is that it?"

"You deserve it."

"Me? What'd I do?"

"You . . . Never mind." She started walking toward my old apartment.

Using my key I opened the front door. There was no one in sight but the door to Wade's bedroom was closed again. Telling Kelsey to grab the stuff in my closet and throw it in the backseat of my car, I headed for the bathroom to get my toothbrush and razor. On the way I stopped at the kitchen table.

"Wade?" I called toward his bedroom.

There was a pause before he answered.

"Yeah?"

"I'm moving out. I'll leave the key to the door on the table."

I dropped the key noisily onto the table top. The door opened and he stuck just his head through.

"Kelsey is helping me get my stuff. We'll be out of here in a couple of minutes."

He looked around. "You sure?"

I nodded. "It's better this way."

Tabitha pushed him aside to slip through the doorway and come into the living room. She was wearing the T shirt he'd had on that morning. Her legs were bare and I was fairly certain she didn't have anything on underneath it.

"Sir?"

"You going to be okay? Or at least okay long enough to get some regular assignments?"

She nodded. I pulled my wallet out of my pocket to drop a wad of cash on the table next to the key. It was almost all I had but it was going to a good cause. Turning around I saw Kelsey standing in the door to my bedroom. She was staring at Tabitha.

"Let's go Kelsey. I don't have all afternoon. Being evicted without notice sucks. I'll bet I don't get my deposit back either."

Kelsey just stood there with her eyes focused on Tabitha.

"Are you going to help me or not?" I headed for the bathroom. "Because if you aren't then it's no wonder your boyfriend took off."

It didn't take long. Kelsey kept looking at me but didn't say anything while we hauled my clothes and things down to the car. I had to put some of it into the trunk but it all fit. Finished, I headed back upstairs to say goodbye. Kelsey scurried after me.