Plus One

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Ahh. Going home after obviously having sex with someone else was part of the way she and my mother switched from being Marjory and Helen, to being wife and mate. Or rather, allowed my grandfather to reassert his position as her one true male after grandmother left him to sate her sexual needs.

It was why my mother had still been in the state she'd been in the night before. And the reason why I'd responded like I had. I'd needed to possess her and make sure she knew she was my mate. That I knew she'd slept with someone else before me only spurred me on. She knew, and reveled in how I'd responded because it proved my desire and need for her and no one else. Which made me different than the males she'd been with because they didn't love her and never would.

In her mind they weren't supposed to. That's not why she slept with them. She had sex with other men because she needed something in addition to the security and comfort she had at home. Excitement was probably one way of saying it but there were likely other words and reasons that would do just as well. Either way, there was something she needed that a conventional relationship wouldn't, or couldn't, give her.

Which is why she slept with other men and then came home immediately afterward. My mother and grandmother didn't have extramarital affairs because they were discontented. They openly had those affairs to ensure that the happiness they had stayed strong no matter how many other men they serviced. Or how often. My grandfather loved my grandmother wholly and completely no matter what she did. The fact that she kept returning to him meant she felt the same way.

I wanted that too. I wanted to know what it felt like to have someone love me so much that no one could take her away from me. Not with money, or power, and certainly not with sex even if she slept with them.

It wasn't about sex. Sex is a benefit from a relationship but by itself it isn't a relationship. And it was a relationship that I wanted and needed. Someone to love and who loved back. Someone who would prove it by coming home to me because I was there and waiting for her even though I knew full well what she'd been doing. Someone who would come home because what she'd been doing was nothing compared to what I could do for her. I could love her. And I could do it absolutely and completely.

"I have to leave and go to work." I said, somewhat amazed that the mental imagery of her or grandmother having sex with someone then going right home after being well used didn't invoke any physical response in me. Yes, I wanted her. I wanted to possess her body again. I wanted her to make love with me like she had the night before and how grandmother had just a short while ago. There just wasn't any physical way to do that right now, I was totally drained and empty.

"Plus I need to go home and get ready for my next class. Those three things are going to be a problem."

"They are not a problem." Mother waved that away. "You making them a problem is a problem."

"Huh?"

"Kevin, do not choose between me and those things. Choose one or the other."

"You. Always and only you."

Her eyes glittered behind her lashes.

"Mother enjoyed spending time with you today and asked if you would like to have brunch with her tomorrow." She sipped from her cup on the table. It was probably more tea.

"Of course."

"I will let her know that you're available. For brunch."

Ahh, she was putting a limit in place and telling me that I wasn't going to sleep with grandmother again tomorrow. At this point I didn't even know if I could. I was so drained I bet I wouldn't even wake up with a piss hard on in the morning.

Stepping over to the table I lifted one of her hands and held it in mine. There was no reaction from her at my move. With a gentle squeeze I released it to bend over and kiss her cheek.

"I love you mom."

"Such an unchecked display of affection in public is unseemly. Sir." Her tone was cool but not quite making it to the level of unruffled.

"I don't care." I bent and gave her another kiss on her other cheek. Pausing, I whispered in her ear. "My heart belongs to you and no other."

She didn't say anything even after I stood up and started to leave. Stopping in the doorway on my way out, I looked back. Her eyes were half lidded but they glittered back at me with an intensity I'd never seen before from anyone for any reason.

The rest of the day was boring. Standing at the register at the campus book store for four hours a day wasn't much of a job but it helped pay the rent. Done with my shift, my feet sore from standing on them for so long, I made it home to find Wade still sitting on the floor in front of his game console.

"Wade." I greeted him as I closed the door.

"Where have you been?" He asked me.

"At my mom's. She needed me to help her with some stuff and it was late by the time I was finished so I slept there. I went straight to work afterward."

"So you and Kel weren't doing anything?"

I rolled my eyes at him.

"Get a grip Wade. She's not interested in you."

"She likes me. I can tell."

"She hasn't ever even talked to you."

"She has too. She talked to me when she was here the other day?" He nodded to himself. "If she wants me that much, I can wait for her to realize how much she needs me."

That got another eye roll from me. Wade wasn't much of a catch. He didn't even have a real job. In between his gaming sessions, he did content editing and proofreading for blog posts and got paid by the page. He barely earned his half of the rent and apartment expenses. And that's only because I bought the groceries for both of us out of my own pocket.

The only real attraction for having him as a roommate was that he didn't party so the place was quiet and I could study at home instead of having to go to the library. The biggest drawback was that he was a slob. He never did the dishes, even when it was his turn, and often went several days between showers. I had no idea when, or if, he did laundry.

I also had no idea what he'd do when I eventually finished school and moved out. I don't think he did either.

"I'm bushed, I'm going to hit the sack." Yawning, I headed for my room.

"Tell your sister I'm saving myself just for her. Any time she wants me, I'll be here." Wade called over his shoulder as he went back to his console.

I'd tell him to get a clue but he probably wouldn't understand what I meant. Instead, I just nodded and went to my room. I was out before my head hit my pillow.

THIRTEEN

Dragging my exhausted body out of bed in the morning was tough but I did it. No piss hard on either. Yay, I'd been right about that.

After showering and getting dressed I sat at the kitchen table and almost chugged two cups of instant coffee black and straight. As usual, Wade was at his game console, yet another stained shirt covering his chest. No pants today, hairy legs and purple boxers protruded out from underneath the T shirt.

"Dude." I irritably protested at his appearance. "I don't want to see you sitting there half naked. Put some pants on for heaven's sake. And do something about your hygiene, I can smell you from over here."

"Kev?" Wade stopped doing whatever he was doing and spun on his butt to face me directly.

"You going to put some pants on? I'm seriously not interested in looking at your legs if you know what I mean."

He looked down at his legs like he'd never seen them before.

"And go take a bath. I'm tired of living like Felix Unger. Besides, nobody wants to sleep with someone who's a stinking slob like you."

Now a hurt look crossed his face. At the sight of it, I knew I'd gone too far. Holding up my hands I apologized.

"Sorry Wade, I'm not awake yet and don't know what I'm saying. I didn't mean any of that."

Instead of replying he spun back around and picked up his joystick. I rose to go stand next to him. He wasn't playing, he was just staring at the screen and not moving.

"Wade. Sorry buddy. I didn't really mean what I said." I held out a fist for a bump. "I'll make it up to you. I promise."

Still nothing.

"Wade? Don't leave me hanging here buddy. You're my roommate. If I was that pissed off at you, you know I'd have told you before now. You know it."

It took a minute but he raised his head and looked at me. I wiggled my fist and waited. Another minute went by and he gave me a weak bump with his own fist.

"Atta boy. Listen, my grandmother wants to have brunch with me today so I gotta go. I'll be back but I don't know when. If I see Kelsey I'll let her know you're here and available."

"Don't bother." He punched a couple of buttons on the joystick and the screen unfroze. "Why would she want anything to do with a slob like me."

"Wade . . ."

"I don't want to talk about it." He shrugged off my attempts to apologize again. "Tell your grams I said hi."

Not knowing what else to do, I left. Glancing back inside just before I closed the door I saw him pause the screen again and droop.

"Fuck!" I muttered the oath so he wouldn't hear me and quietly closed the door. I had no idea how I was going to fix it, but I knew I was going to do my best to undo my fuckup. Wade didn't deserve to be treated like that. No one did.

Both my mother and Grandmother were waiting on me. I kissed them both in the foyer, grandmother primly allowing me to brush lips with her before moving away. After that it was play dress up for their amusement.

"I really think the black is the best option for today." Grandmother said. "Including the long coat."

Mom studied me with her eyes and shook her head.

"It doesn't fit him."

I looked down at myself, everything was my size.

"Your mother means that the look doesn't fit you." Grandmother rose to come over to stand in front of me. Reaching she unbuttoned my cuffs and rolled my sleeves half way up my arms before letting go. Stepping back a pace she looked at me again before reaching and running her fingers once through my hair.

"You need to own it." She told me as she stepped further back. "Own the look. Be the bad boy. Be wild."

"What?" I looked at my mom to see if she knew what grandmother was talking about.

"Sir." Grandmother crossed her arms in seeming irritation with me.

"Grandmother?"

"Marjory."

"Grandmother." I insisted.

"There it is."

Grandmother smiled to herself and uncrossed her arms as my mother nodded. Personally speaking I had no idea what they were talking about.

"He won't be able to keep it up."

"We'll work on it." Grandmother used her chin to indicate the door to my bedroom. "You should go get ready."

Mom looked from me to her.

"My love is only available for you for brunch."

"As we agreed."

That sounded like some sort of formal thing between them. I started to ask about it but my mother left without looking back.

We were waiting downstairs when my grandfather showed up. Tentatively I held out my hand in the foyer. Ignoring it he hugged me and slapped me on the back again.

"Good to see you son." He sounded cheerful.

Grandmother kissed him and then beamed at me as she wrapped her arm around his waist. Uh, yeah, I guess that means we're all cool and I don't have to worry about being murdered in my sleep by a jealous grandfather.

"Gregory?" My mother's voice had us all turn.

Wow! That's my mom? Once again I was stunned by what she had on. Black and white skirt and jacket with a huge, and I mean huge!, white hat, she stood on the bottom step of the stairs. Grandmother stepped over to stand by me as Grandfather held out his arm to her.

"I leave my love in your care." Mom told grandmother. "To hold only so long as I am absent."

Once again, she sounded like she was reciting some kind of formal hand off and I didn't understand why.

"For as long as you have need." Grandmother intoned back to her. "I am bound and will hold your love in my heart until you are returned."

My mother nodded smoothly and looked up at grandfather. Without another word, they left.

"What was that all about?" I asked my grandmother.

"Helen is leaving you behind. That however, doesn't mean she is leaving you. She has bound me to ensure that she is not bereft of her love." Grandmother left my side to go fetch her purse.

Bereft? I had no idea what that meant. I mean, I knew what the word meant, I just didn't know why or how it would apply in this situation.

Digging inside her purse for a moment, grandmother handed me her car keys. "We have some time but we shouldn't dawdle. Don't forget your coat."

Getting the hint I grabbed the trench coat and followed her out to her car.

"What did you mean when you said you were bound and the rest?" I asked once we were on our way.

"I am bound to care for you. You are now my obligation and I am responsible for your welfare until Helen is returned."

"Oh. And the rest? The bereft stuff?"

"My responsibility under Helen's charge is to make sure you're waiting for her when she comes home and that you know you have not been abandoned by her even though she is with another. I promised that you will." She turned her head to look directly at me. "I will keep that promise."

The steel in her eyes told me she meant every word of it.

We were right behind them when they pulled into the lot outside The Casino Club. It wasn't a casino, it was a restaurant with a 1940's theme. Apparently that's where we were having brunch.

"Go around the block." Grandmother stopped me from turning in right behind them.

"Why?"

"Helen and Gregory need to be inside before we arrive."

"Oh."

"Don't rush but don't delay either."

Shrugging once, I drove on by and hit my turn signal.

"It's unlikely to happen, but neither of them will acknowledge us if we accidentally cross paths. We will do the same." Grandmother explained some more. "That would look odd if we all arrived together."

"I get it."

I did. The Rules and that code of conduct thing.

"We will do the same." She warned me again.

"Don't worry. I've got this. Discreet is my middle name."

I was completely, totally, and absolutely wrong about that.

FOURTEEN

It wasn't anything to do with my mom or grandmother. I pulled into the lot and stopped where grandmother told me to. Getting out I handed the keys to the valet and tucked the ticket he gave me into my pants pocket. Grandmother shook my coat at me. Rolling my eyes at her I put it on.

I didn't offer her my arm and she didn't hint that she wanted me to. Instead she led off and I trailed behind by a couple of feet or so. We got inside and I heard my mother's voice.

"Lady Helen Whitcomb and chaperone. I am meeting someone and wondering if he has arrived already."

They were being escorted to a table when we stepped up the maitre d's station.

"Dame Marjory Coombs. Plus one."

The maitre d looked me over then turned away to show us to our table.

"This way please."

I didn't say anything, just followed behind, even though the whole situation was making me feel weird.

The maitre d started to stop by an empty table in a dark corner but grandmother shook her head.

"Unacceptable." She pointed to the middle of the room. "The light is much better over there."

"I beg your pardon, Madam. I must have misunderstood where you wished to be seated. If you would please follow me I will see if there is an available table in the area you prefer." Quickly he headed toward where grandmother pointed.

"What was that all about?" I asked once we were finally seated and left alone.

"He thought we were skulking." Grandmother opened her menu.

"Skulking?"

"Not wanting to be observed."

"I know what skulking means."

"Then why did you ask?"

"Grandmother . . ." I left the rest unfinished.

"Kevin, I have a reputation to uphold. I will not let anyone put me into a position where gossips can spread rumors and innuendo." She looked at me over the top of her menu. "I suggest you adopt the same attitude."

I looked around. We were in the middle of the room where everyone could see us. If we'd stayed in the dark corner, someone could have believed we didn't want to be noticed. Which could possibly lead to some people wondering why.

"I'm sorry. I didn't understand."

"Now you do."

She closed her menu and placed it on the table. Almost instantly a server appeared at her side. He must have been watching us specifically. Which only emphasized what grandmother had just pointed out. No matter where you go, someone could be watching. And if someone was watching, and it was gossip worthy, they would tell someone else about what they saw.

Grandmother looked at me and nodded once.

We were waiting on our meals before I realized that the woman across the room in the big white hat was my mother. It was the outfit she was wearing, I hadn't recognized her in it because I wasn't used to seeing her dress up like that.

She was seated with her back to me, and Greg was on her right. Across the table from her was a middle aged black man in a suit and tie. They looked like they were having a business meeting over lunch. The two of them were involved in the conversation between them while Greg sat silently at her right hand.

I looked at grandmother and opened my mouth to point them out.

"So, how is school? You never mention anything about it." She beat me to the punch. And reminded me about what I wasn't supposed to do.

"Did you do this on purpose?" I ignored her question.

"Do what Kevin?"

"Get us seated at this table specifically."

"Of course. The light is better here than in that dingy cubby hole where they were going to put us. If someone wants to sit there, let them. I prefer to sit where I can see everything that's going on around me. Plus, how am I going to show off if no one can see me?"

She preened at me in an obviously vain attempt to get me to flatter her and deflect away from my questions.

"You're beautiful grandmother." I went along with the subterfuge before turning it around on her. "You know it, you just wanted to hear me say it."

She laughed. "Of course I did."

And that right there is where it all went over the cliff.

"Excuse me, Dame Marjory?" The voice was at my elbow.

"Yes?" Grandmother's tone was cool.

"Is your chaperone available for socializing while you are here today?

"Who are you?" Grandmother asked in the same tone she'd had earlier.

"Pardon me, I am Starling Tabitha Mede." She looked at me and licked her lips.

"My grandson is held in promise for today, Starling. The permission you seek is not mine to give."

I could see her jaw clench as she heard my grandmother tell her that I wasn't available. Her eyes had that same look in them that grandmother's eyes had yesterday when she nearly ripped my clothes off of me before my mother got her to calm down. The girl was at the edge of control with desperation. She was almost at the point where she'd take anyone, even unwillingly, in order to satisfy her lust. Grandmother saw it too.

"Control yourself Starling." The command was low but forceful. "This is not training."

I looked at the girl. Slowly some semblance of sanity forced it's way back into her eyes. She was like a vampire who'd been starved. A vampire who fed on sex. And she wanted me to be her main course.

"My apologies Dame Marjory. I am out of sorts today." More control returned to the girl.

"How long has it been?" I opened my mouth and inserted my foot all the way to my ankle.

"Kevin . . ."

"How long?" I ignored my grandmother's warning not to interfere. "How many days?"

"Kevin . . ." This time the warning was stronger.

"Eight days. Sir."

As she said it, the nearly uncontrolled desire reappeared in her eyes.

"Is there no one who can help you?"

1...56789...11