Power Corrupts Absolutely

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"He wanted it paid in full within thirty days. If I couldn't, he would bankrupt the firm putting the staff out of work. 250 full time people, 70 part time. I tried to reason with him. Why lose the money when you will be paid in full. He just laughed.

"If that wasn't bad enough, he offered an olive branch. I had two daughters. If the married one fucked him, he would keep the mortgage in play.

"I told him absolutely not. If he tried, you would break his legs and other parts. I shouldn't have said that as it just made you a target. It fuelled his need to humiliate you. I know you believe I was involved but I would never do that to you.

"He left giving me a few days to think it through. I tried every bank, every lender in the city and Glasgow. Iversen had told them finance me and he was coming for them. I didn't learn that till yesterday when a friend in the bank called me confirming what was in the paper.

"I discussed this with Samantha at home and we agreed we wouldn't do anything to jeopardise your marriage. Her mum and I never included Sheila in those discussions. Her mum offered to be the one if he would accept that. Like you I hated that idea. I tried to talk her out of it but she out reasoned me. She couldn't get pregnant. This would allow Sheila and you to have the children you wanted and us the grandchildren we wanted.

"Iversen just laughed at that idea.

"Ten days later, I received notice from Iversen the loans were being called in. I trawled everywhere again to get the money. The business finance case was good but I couldn't raise it. Sheila came over for Sunday lunch and saw how upset we were. She wouldn't let us evade the questions. She had learned well from you. She was shocked.

"She asked the questions you would ask. I have always refused to have cameras in my room recording conversations but had I had those, I would have used them to hurt Iversen.

"Sheila was concerned about our staff. I told her I had enough to pay their redundancy and would enhance it as much as I could. She wasn't going to do what Iversen demanded.

"On the Monday I told my finance director about the loan being called in and to prepare redundancy packages for the staff as beneficial as we could make them. It got out and two union reps came to see me. They demanded to know what was wrong; the firm was doing well. I explained what Iversen had done and that no one would lend to us. There had to be a way they said. My lack of response showed there was.

"I've always had a good relationship with them. I couldn't lie to them. This wasn't to go beyond those walls. It hasn't. I told them that Iversen would allow the loans to be repaid normally if Sheila fucked him. They were almost physically sick. They were all for rounding up a group of men and painting Iversen's walls with his blood. While I agreed with the sentiment, that wouldn't stop him enforcing the bankruptcy. If he did, I would join them and redecorate his house with his blood.

"I didn't know the depth of his depravity until I read the paper. I don't normally read it but the article was very well done. I had challenged him about losing the six million but to him, it was a couple of pence. It was the game which was important.

"The closer the deadline got, the more desperate I became. Sheila tried to help but even all her friends from school in the finance world would not go against Iversen.

"Sheila came up with the solution. Her mum and I fought her over it. You've made her as stubborn as you when she puts her mind to it. She said she couldn't look at everyone knowing she was responsible for them losing their jobs. I tried to reason with her that it was Iversen, not her. She dug her heels in.

"I asked her about you and the damage doing this would do to you, to you both. I didn't know it was more than a one-off thing but I knew this was against everything you hold dear. My concern was nothing more than for you both. It had nothing to do with that bloody prenup."

He looked at the envelope.

"Sheila said clearly if she did this her marriage would be over. You would never agree or accept it even if she could tell you why. She couldn't. Her mum and I tried to dissuade her but she wouldn't budge.

"As you surmised the cruise was a last-minute thing as Sheila was concerned if we were at that benefit, I would try and stop her. I don't know what happened that night but when we came home Sheila told us how you had humiliated him. It didn't stop him coming back to me demanding that Sheila keep to the bargain or else. He really wanted you there but your relationship was so rocky, you refused. I had to go instead.

"Iversen made a spectacle of Sheila. So many, I had thought of as friends there lapped it all up. Some I would have invited to your wedding. You were right, they were arseholes! In the end, I did try and intervene but his thugs stopped me and punched my lights out. Not before I saw some of your friends coming to my rescue. I recognised them from your wedding. Thank you.

"When Sheila arrived and told us it was over, we thought she meant your marriage. Samantha and I were devastated for you both. It was only later events which showed what she truly meant.

"Derek, I cannot apologise enough for my behaviour towards you. I knew you were a good man for her but I treated you worse than a gold digger. Thank you for saving my daughter from that bastard."

Sheila looked at me sadly, "Give me the papers I'll sign them. I'll return the car later today. We're trying to find the finance to clear the loans before Iversen gets out of the hospital. If not, he will enforce it. If we had had it, I would have returned the car already.

"I'm so sorry but every time I walked through this building; I saw those I have known for years. Many played with me when I was a child when my parents needed to be here. Later they helped with my homework. I couldn't see them on the street.

"My parents tried and tried to persuade me. We argued and argued but I wouldn't be dissuaded. They didn't want to cause either of us the pain we're going through.

"I loved what you did to Iversen at the benefit but it was only a stay of execution. I knew that which is why I lost it with you. You were never the worst mistake of my life but the best thing to ever happen to me.

"With my own words, I destroyed any happiness we could have had until Friday. I couldn't look at you without seeing the hurt in your eyes. I loathe myself.

"I'm mostly sorry about the hurt I caused you. You didn't deserve any of that. If I could take your hurt from you and keep it for myself, I would. I will hurt for the rest of my life not having you beside me, not playing with our children but I knew the cost. I will always love you."

She blushed, "When I schemed to seduce you on the Thursday night before the first benefit, I wanted to make it magical because I knew it would be our last time together. It was. Thank you for giving me such a happy memory.

"There is one thing you should know before we finish. Dad has been watching Malcolm and you and how your firm has done so well. He is extremely pleased for you both. He had spoken about approaching you with an idea he has but which you have the expertise to make real. He had hoped to collaborate but Iversen's intervention stopped all that.

"If we can get funding to keep the firm going, would you consider speaking with us about it? I know it's asking a lot in the circumstances."

She held her hand out for the envelope. I kept her waiting.

"Colin," I said. He was stunned. It was the first time I had ever used his name. "I'm glad you told the whole truth and didn't try to mitigate what transpired. You recognised the damage and tried to talk her out of it. For that I thank you.

"You've correctly worked out what happened that night though I'll deny it. There was one part of that event the paper did not report. If it had Iversen may be able to return to his ways. Within the safe, not only were the recordings but these."

I handed over the envelope. Sheila was astounded. "How did he have the divorce papers?"

I smiled, "read them."

She looked. She read one page and handed it to her father. He read. Their faces were incredulous.

Sheila stammered, "This -- is -- the -- paperwork -- for -the loans!"

I smiled. "The way he does it, there are no other copies, in the cloud or anywhere. There is no record of you having any loans."

Sheila dropped the papers and ran to me. She kissed me so hard I thought I would go through the seat. I would have her breasts imprinted on my chest for life. "You're fucking wonderful and I ruined it all!" she said when she let me go. She was crying again.

Colin had tears in his eyes. "I don't deserve this for what I have done to you. You are as Sheila says a wonderful man. We can never thank you enough. What do you want us to do now?"

Malcolm smiled, "Two things. One burn that document so there is no chance of it ever being found. Two tell us about your idea."

Sheila asked, "Do you want me to leave? I don't want to be in the way."

This time I thought I'd better end the charade. I went up to her and took her in my arms and kissed her until her lips were bruised. "I love you," I told her.

Colin had tears running down his face. Malcolm was incredibly happy, "Thank goodness no more mopey Derek!"

Colin asked, "Is there anything else I shouldn't know?"

I smiled, "There was four hundred thousand in cash. We thought we would give twenty thousand to each couple to try and give them a holiday to recover from this. We know he never fucked any of the women. For some men that may be enough to try and resurrect their marriages, maybe it's still too much for others. We have documents like those for over forty firms. He was planning more forced seductions. We'll ensure they receive them with appropriate instructions. We'll suggest those who fell afoul of him reward the staff member involved and their family in some way to help their marriages if possible."

Colin said, "If I can help in any way, just let me know. I can deliver those documents to some of these firms as I'm sure I will know some of the owners. I think it would be better hand delivered and explained especially those who have staff members involved with Iversen. A visit to encourage that they truly look after them would work best, I think."

We agreed. We would forward details of the companies and between us divide them so we visited those we knew best if possible.

We then discussed his idea and agreed it was worth more investigation.

As we were about to leave, Sheila asked, "What are your plans for this evening? Shall I come home?"

I kissed her, "Come home. I want to see one or possibly two couples I met investigating this for William. They are in a very dark place. I want to try and help them recover if they can."

Sheila smiled, "I'll help. I have some insight into the thought process which may help the husband understand." She kissed me. I almost spontaneously ignited.

When Sheila arrived home, she kissed me and flattened me against the wall. She removed my trousers and knelt down and gave me a blow job. I tried to stop myself cumming but she gave me no option. I came and came. She stood up and spoke her first words, "That's a down payment. Wait till we come back after seeing your couple." Her smile showed she had something exciting planned.

The first couple we visited was Gerry and Mary. I explained the contents of the recordings to Sheila on the way so she would understand what Iversen did to his victims. She shuddered. I explained Gerry's problems with all that had happened.

Mary threw her arms around me, "Thank you! Thank you!" was all she could say for a few minutes. Gerry looked on dumbfounded. He didn't know we had spoken. Neither knew the names expressed in the paper so the stories could be anyone.

Gerry asked, "Will Iversen come back into our lives? The paper explained what he did but Mary still won't tell me WHY!"

Mary tried to speak but I stopped her.

"Let me explain." I handed her a box with all of Iversen's recordings of her abuse by him.

"Mary, these are Iversen's blackmail material. There are no further copies. I would suggest Gerry and you view them so he understands what happened. I know it would help me if I was the victim's husband."

I looked directly at Gerry, "Iversen never fucked her, he debased her and many others. Once you have viewed one, you probably don't need to view the others as they are almost identical. Mary can add any additional abuse she suffered.

"I'm sorry Mary but we had to look at them to be able to give them back to the women he abused. I'll never tell anyone what I witnessed.

"I would urge you to consider contacting Rachel as she is going to sue him on behalf of you all. She can explain what will happen. She can't rule out using the recordings in court but she feels when she tells his legal team she will, believe me she will, if necessary, they will know if it is shown, his case is lost and the damages will be far higher. The choice is yours. You lose nothing by speaking with her.

"Mary, your hell is over. Iversen won't be contacting you ever again.

"I am also in possession of the firm's debt. Tomorrow morning Mary and I will see her boss and give him the good news.

"Hopefully Gerry and you can recover what has been lost. You love each other but this has been so harrowing for you both and your girls."

Mary was crying tears of joy. You could tell the weight on her shoulders had lifted substantially.

Sheila spoke to Gerry. Her voice was soft, caring but determined.

"Gerry, I was in the same position as Mary. I made the same choice. I knew how much it would hurt Derek and myself. Well, I thought I did but I wasn't even close. It hurts so much more than I had even imagined. Both of you are in pain. Your children are in pain. Mary can now tell you everything. Listen to her and her reasons. You'll hear you weren't being cast aside; you did nothing wrong. It's all on Iversen.

"Iversen deliberately targeted people who care about others. Many of the staff at my firm looked after me when I was a young child while my parents worked building the business. Later they helped me with homework. Some of the women gave me very sound advice about boys though I seemed to forget that when I met Derek." She smiled.

"When he targeted our business, I couldn't see those friends out on the street. So many had helped me, now I needed to help them. I thought about their partners, their children and grandchildren. It overwhelmed me the losses they faced. I knew the cost to me even if it was a one off. I would lose Derek and our future, our children and maybe grandchildren. What Spock said, "the needs of the many out way the needs of the few -- me!"

"I cried and was physically sick so often but I couldn't see any other way. My parents and I argued, they were against it but I couldn't not do it.

"I am the woman on the front page!

"I'll spend the rest of my life making sure Derek knows just how much I love him. I'll never give him any cause to doubt me ever again." She leaned over and kissed me.

"What was it you loved in Mary when you first realised you loved her?"

Gerry thought, "Mary was the most beautiful woman I have ever met. Her eyes shone, she laughed, she loved life. The more I saw her the more I fell under her spell. My mum wasn't well and despite all the other things she did, she found time to be with my mum, help her through her treatments when no other was available. I saw that all the time with her, she cared for others and will help anyone if they needed it."

Sheila picked up on what he said, "Why is everything in the past? Is she not the same person?"

Gerry shook his head, "Since Iversen took her away, she has become a recluse. She doesn't do anything except work, come home and cry. She can't face our kids. She was a fantastic mum, she read to our children, joined in their games, helped with homework. The house reverberated with laughter. We attended all the school family nights together. She would go out once or twice a month with her friends. Now the only time she goes out is when Iversen calls.

"We had a good if unimaginative sex life but I can't bear her to touch me as I can only see his face. She tries but it just makes things worse.

"The house is dead, there is no laughter, no joy. The atmosphere is toxic. The kids no longer bring their friends. They visit them to stay out of the way. I don't think we have done anything as a couple, as a family since that fucking night."

Sheila asked, "Gerry, do you still have any love for Mary?" Mary gasped.

Gerry's eyes teared up, "I will always love Mary but not knowing why is killing me. The papers said stuff about the firms but I can't fathom that out. You say he never fucked her. I believe you as you kept your word. If you're asking, can we stay together, I don't know. I see the effect on our kids and wonder if it would be better if we split rather than subject them to what is between us. Would that help them? I don't know, I feel lost all the time."

Mary was crying softly, "Gerry, I love you. You did nothing wrong. I tell you that but I couldn't tell you everything. I will. I hope you'll stay with us because you are a great father and the only man I'll ever love. I killed all the good things. Iversen called me a whore, a slut and I agree with him. I lost my reason for living when I lost you and the girls. I can't imagine life without you but I know I'm facing that."

Sheila spoke, "Like everyone apart from Derek, I don't know which couple you were in the paper or even if your story was used. All I can say is that all the stories were similar. My suggestion has two things because I can see you both love each other. The pain each of you is in.

"One, you need counselling to help you through this. I'll make enquiries and give you a couple of names. Two, before you can be intimate again, I think you need to court, rebuild a new relationship, allow yourselves to rediscover each other. Your love for each other will help. There is no Iversen to disrupt your lives again."

Gerry asked, "How can you be so sure?"

I replied, "Gerry, Iversen has no hold over anybody anymore. He is no longer capable of sexually abusing women. The banks, lenders he used will not sell to him after having been exposed. They have a massive job to rebuild trust with businesses. He no longer has anything to use to coerce Mary."

Mary reached a handout to Gerry. "Gerry, I love you. I want to try and rebuild us if you wish. I'll tell you everything. I'll show you the recordings he used to make sure I returned when he called. I may be sick.

"I'm not as sexually naive as I was. I researched what he did to me to try and see if I could find ways to make it hurt less and get it over with quicker. I found more loving stuff I wanted to do with you. I will only ever make love with you. I'll spend my life being the wife you deserve. If you let me.

"After I explain everything, if you can't see any way for us to be together, I'll be the one leaving. I'm responsible. I hope you will give us a chance. Knowing Iversen can't call me again has lifted a great weight off me. I want to be that person you described again. I want my life back with you and our children if I can."

Sheila added, "Mary, the paper was right. You are a hero not a whore. Remember that. Without your sacrifice so many would be on the dole. A Hero!"

We ended there. The visit had been so harrowing emotionally for all, I called the other couples and arranged to meet them each night. I arranged with the women to meet them at their work tomorrow. After listening to Mary, I understood Colin's advice. I would be more direct regarding looking after them to the bosses.

Sheila was reserved all the way home. When we arrived, she went inside while I put the car in the garage. She had a beer for me and a glass of wine for her.