Priceless Investment

Story Info
Art, Sex and Love Combine in this sweet romance.
13.2k words
4.51
4.1k
7
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

PRICELESS INVESTMENT

Wade Tyler was a self-made millionaire. He was given a tip on investing in a new discovery in the art world. An authentic Vermeer had been discovered that hadn't been seen since before World War II. He had the opportunity to own a percentage of it. He had come to New York City, to see it in person and meet with the art broker.

On his way to the offices, his attention was drawn by a stunning woman. He drew in to the back of the group she was talking to just to study her more. She was talking to a school group about a Van Gogh work. She was tall. She had a beautiful complexion, beautiful features and strawberry blond hair that was pulled up into a chignon. She was dressed as though she was on a fashion runway. She wore a grey-silver blouse under a short tailored jacket and a pencil skirt of kiwi green. To complete the look, she wore silver high heeled pumps that gave her a sophisticated all together look.

She was gesturing to the texture in the painting and he noticed that she did not wear a wedding ring. Single, sophisticated, beautiful. That was just his type. She had a cultured voice, but also a playful nature that appealed to the school group in front of her. At the end of the short lecture, the woman indicated that they should follow their guides down to the museum classroom where they would be experimenting with Van Gogh techniques.

The curator of the museum and the art broker found him in this wing and shook his hand. Niceties were exchanged and Wade had the chance to ask about the woman. That is Nicole Moreau our educational director. Wade knew the curator and so he asked to be introduced to Nicole as a curator who was looking to broaden the scope of his museum programs. Mr. Turner looked at him assessingly and agreed to do so.

"Nicole isn't going anywhere. But you need to see the Vermeer before someone else decides to invest before you do." They took Wade down to a climate controlled vault where such pieces were stored. The work was stunning. It was a woman letting her hair down looking into the mirror. "Can I see the authenticating paperwork?"

Wade knew of the authenticator. And his broker had vouched for the work. Alright, I'm in on the condition that you get me a lunch date with Ms. Moureau. Request her to go to lunch with me to share her program with me. The curator said, "Yes, we can do that. It's not an unusual request."

The three men rode the elevator back to the main floor where the curator, Mr. Turner, sought out Nicole and requested that she go to lunch with Mr. Tyler. Nicole grabbed her coat and threw it over her arm. She walked over to Mr. Tyler with her curator. "Mr. Tyler, I'd like to introduce you to our Educational Programs Director, Nicole Moureau."

"Ms. Moreau it is so very nice to meet you. I was brought to town suddenly and I am sorry to burden you with such a hasty request, but Mr. Turner assured me that you would be able to go to lunch with me to give me an overview of your programs."

"Very nice to meet you as well. I'd be happy to go to lunch with you."

"Perfect. Gentlemen, if you'll excuse us. I trust you to wrap up what we had discussed and get the papers to me to sign?"

The broker said that he certainly would. As they reached the doors, Wade took Ms. Moureau's raincoat from her arm and held it for her to put on. His car circled around and drove them to a very posh restaurant.

As Wade studied the menu, Nicole studied him. He was tall with an athletic build, handsome, well mannered and well dressed. Once they ordered, Wade asked for an overview of her programs.

She was very thorough in giving him a very logical overview of her work. She was also extremely articulate. He asked obvious questions that she was happy to answer and elaborate on. He was charmed by her. When their food was brought to the table, Wade said, "I insist that we cease talking about work and enjoy our meals."

This was his opportunity to turn the conversation to a personal level. As Wade ate, he asked Nicole how long she had been at the museum. Nicole said she was hired directly after grad school eight years ago. "Did you grow up in New York?"

"No, I'm from the Midwest. I'm afraid I have a very middle class background."

"Why are you afraid? So do I. I grew up in Boston to an engineer and homemaker."

"Well, you wouldn't know it to look at you."

"Nor would I guess your humble beginnings."

Over lunch they discovered that they had several things in common: a love of the orchestra, classic rock, home cooking, art, dogs and power walking. "Ms. Moureau, I don't know anyone in town. Would you like to accompany me to the orchestra tonight? You would be doing me a favor."

"Well, under those circumstances, it would be inhospitable not to."

"Give me your address and I'll pick you up at 6:30"

"Wonderful, I will be out front of my building then. Mr. Tyler. Thank you for a lovely lunch."

"I should be thanking you. Not only were you generous enough to educate me on your programs, you have provided a charming lunch companion and a kindred soul with whom to go to the orchestra."

"The car should be out front. I'll take you back to the museum."

At 6:20, Nicole stood in front of her building in a white halter pant suit with a dark grey cape. The car pulled up, Wade got out and ushered her into the car. Traffic was starting to get bogged down and she was glad that they had started out early.

At the Civic Theater, Wade helped Nicole out of the car. He escorted and sheltered her from the pressing crowd. He was able to move them to a wall and protect her within his arms which he braced against the wall on either side of her. She had never been protected like that before.

He smelled good and his suit was of excellent quality. He was closely shaved and his hair was neat, but not too conservative. His eyes were a silver blue and his lips were finely sculpted. She couldn't imagine being out on a date with him. He was extremely out of her league.

She was gorgeous. She had a vintage comb in her hair to hold her chignon. She wore simple white pear earrings. Her eyes were greenish brown and her lip color was a coppery peach color. He wondered if he kissed her would her lips taste like peaches. Slow down, you are a businessman who hasn't been out with a woman in two years. She is way out of your league.

They talked as they waited for the concert to start. "How long will you be in town?"

"I'm not certain yet. I still have some business to attend to."

"Nicole, I didn't ask you. Do you have a significant other?"

"No. I am not seeing anyone at this time. I go out dancing with friends sometimes. But I don't meet any quality men at night clubs of course. And the only quality men I meet at the museum are married. Are you attached?"

"No, business has me traveling quite a bit. Quite frankly, I haven't had time for relationships since I was building my career. But, I'm finally at a place, where I can delegate and stay in one place. I would like to meet someone that makes that an attractive prospect."

"And that one place would be Boston?"

"Not necessarily. On that, I am flexible."

The lights were dimming and the curtain was raised.

A larger man and his companion filled the seats to Nicole's right. To preserve her personal space she leaned toward Wade. Wade lowered the armrest to allow her closer. She was in fact, pressed up against him. She felt a thrill at the arrangement. He was excited as well.

A while later, Nicole excused herself and left her seat. After a minute, Wade followed. He found her outside of the entrance to their section. "Are you alright?"

"Yes, I'm fine. I just needed some air. I've had a long day and I just felt light headed."

"Of course you have. I should have known you would be tired. Come on, let's go relax. I know someplace nearby."

They walked down the street to the first hotel. It was posh. In the lobby, Wade turned to her and said, "We can have a drink and whatever else you wish in the lounge. Or you can come up to my room and talk with me in comfort. I promise nothing will happen that you don't wish."

She looked at him doubtfully.

"Nicole, I would not endanger my relationship with your curator or the art broker. You have my word."

"Do you have any aspirin in your room? I have a headache."

"Come on up. We'll order room service. They should be able to locate some aspirin."

"I feel silly, perhaps I should just get a taxi back to my place."

"If you wish to go home, I will take you in my car. But, let me at least feed you. The food here is very good whether you eat it in the restaurant or your room."

"I'm sorry, I'm putting you to too much trouble. Let me just get a taxi home."

Wade motioned her to sit on one of the sofas in the reception area. "Nicole, have I done something wrong?"

"What? No, of course not."

"Then come on. Let's continue enjoying each other's company. If you think it would help, take a shower while we wait for food. There are robes provided by the hotel. You can curl up on your end of the sofa and relax."

"After the day I've had, that sounds divine."

"Then it's decided."

"He escorted her to the elevator. He handed the operator the key to his suite.

Upon entering the suite, Wade located the menus and handed her one. She sat at the breakfast bar and perused the menu. She said she would like the BLT. "Is that all? Will that be enough?"

"I think so. I can't really think."

"Poor thing. The robes are on the door. Jump in the shower and try to get some relief from that headache."

When I emerged from the the bathroom, Wade was in jeans and a t-shirt which surprised me. "I have sweat pants and a t-shirt if that would make you feel more comfortable." He laid them out on the bed. I took them to the bathroom and put them on. And finished drying my hair.

I came out and he said, "Wow, that gear has never looked better."

"Thank you"

The food came and there was a bottle of Tylenol on the tray. We ate at the breakfast bar. Wade had ordered a bottle of wine, a pitcher of iced tea and two slices of lemon cake.

"Is that lemon cake I see?"

"Yes. I hope you like it. I didn't want to open the bathroom door to ask any questions."

"I love lemon cake. You are becoming one of my favorite people."

Wade took out an imaginary note pad and wrote "lemon cake."

I laughed.

"How is the headache?"

"I'm so embarrassed. I don't get them very often. I'm sorry to have ruined your evening."

"My evening is far from ruined. I'm still sharing time with you. So, nothing has been ruined."

"Are those your playing cards?"

"Yeh, it relaxes me."

"Do you know how to play euchre?"

"I do, but not with two people."

"Well, we'll have to remedy that. I'll teach you two handed euchre if you like?"

"How is that even possible?"

"You deal four cards down, four cards up and you have four cards in your hand, there are three cards under the trump card....the rest is the same."

"You're on!"

I looked around the room and asked if he wanted to use the coffee table and sit on the floor.

"Sure."

We played for a while and each of us had skill and risk-taking abilities.

"In some ways this is harder than playing with four." Wade said.

"Yes, I agree."

I had won two out of the two games and Wade teasingly accused me of cheating and wrestled me to the floor. I was underneath him and giggling. He kissed my neck and I giggled more. "No fair. Tickling is not allowed!" I protested.

"I wasn't tickling you. I was kissing your neck." He took out his imaginary notebook again and wrote "ticklish neck".

I kissed his neck as an experiment, but he didn't giggle. He kissed me back on the lips. The kiss was slow and exploratory. And that made it sexy as hell. He was a very sensual kisser, a lot like me. I nibbled and sucked on his bottom lip and he growled and nibbled on my neck. That set off another round of laughter.

"I haven't had this much fun in....I don't know how long. Feel free to ruin any night of my life. Or for that matter, any day."

"Oh so charming. You're a smooth-talking charmer. I'll bet the ladies love you!"

"What ladies? I haven't had time for ladies. My work has consumed the last two years of my life. And before that, my work ruined any relationships I had tried to have."

"Did you just give up on relationships, or did your work load get more intense?"

"Both, I guess. But my company is more established and I can now conference call or send a proxy for some of the work."

"You're not a museum curator, are you?"

He cautiously gauged my reaction. "No, I'm not. I made that up so that I could take you to lunch. Are you mad?"

"But why? I mean, look at you. You probably have women falling all over themselves to try to go out with you."

"Really? I haven't noticed. I just had to get to know you. You are enchanting."

"I'm flattered and a little embarrassed for going on and on about my work."

"Why? I love that you are passionate about your work. Believe me, I was not bored."

"At the risk of talking you out of your interest in me. Why me?"

"I saw you there in the museum under the spot lights. Your hair was this amazing Titian gold color and your face was so beautiful. You, my dear, are a knock out. You were so put-together, yet so available to that group of kids. It is a winning combination."

I kissed him and pulled him back down to the floor. We made out for quite some time, like two teenagers.

"Grrr. I want more, but I don't want to scare you off. I am no womanizer and I just want you to feel confident in that. Come on, let's get some lemon cake!"

We brought the cake and iced tea over to the sofa and coffee table. The cake was divine.

"Mmmmm. That is so good." I moaned.

He held his fork half way to his mouth as he drank in my hedonistic reaction to the cake. "Delicious."

"It is, isn't it?" I asked.

He leaned into me, kissed me and said, "No, not the cake. You are delicious." I set the cake down. And then set his cake down and pulled him to the bed. "I just want to be comfortable holding and kissing you. Is that alright?"

Wade swallowed hard and said, "Yes. Of course."

We lay on the bed and held each other. It was intoxicating. I loved his smell and the strong arms around me. I was fed and very comfortable and apparently very tired. I woke up a couple hours later to his watchful gaze. "Oh no. I fell asleep on you. I didn't snore did I?"

"No. You were a perfect angel. I fell asleep too. In fact, I just woke a bit ago."

"Wow. This has to rank right up there as one of your most exciting evenings."

He framed my face with his hands. "It is actually the most exciting day for me ever." He put his finger on my lips that were about to deny his words. "Really, it is."

"You have been such a gentleman. I should get out of here so you can rest."

"If you want to leave, I'll take you home. But I'd rather rest with you. It's Friday night. You don't have to work tomorrow, do you?"

"No. I'm off for the weekend."

"Me too. And for the first time in a long time, I just want to enjoy the weekend....with you."

"I don't want us to rush into sex. I've done that before and have regretted it."

Wade put his hands up in front of him. "I'm not pushing for that. But I do want to see you all weekend if possible. Do you have plans?"

"No. No plans. I would like that."

"Okay, I guess I should take you home. Let me call my car."

"I can just take a taxi."

"Absolutely not. I'm taking you home and I'd rather go in my car."

"Alright. That is very generous of you."

Wade texted his driver. And I started to go to the bathroom to put my outfit back on.

"You don't need to change. You can wear my clothes home."

I walked up to him and kissed him. "I had a really good time today."

"Me too. Call me when you get up and we'll make plans for the day."

"Sounds good."

I folded my pantsuit and put on my high heels.

"Like I said, those clothes have never looked better."

My apartment seemed lonelier, my furnishings drearier. But I was tired and I just wanted to go to sleep so I could see him again. The phone rang as I was getting into bed. "Hello?"

"Hi beautiful. I just wanted to say goodnight."

"That is very sweet of you. Goodnight."

"Wade. Hi, It's Nicole."

"Hi. Have you had breakfast?"

"No, not yet."

"Well don't. I know this little mom and pop place that serve authentic French breakfasts. Dress casual. You are giving me tours of the best museums in town."

"I am?"

"Yes. Unless you would hate that."

"No, that's fine. I'm just surprised."

"Wear comfortable shoes."

"Yes sir."

"I'll be there to pick you up in an hour. Does that work for you?"

"Yes, I'll be out front."

Nicole stood out in front of her building in high top tennis shoes, jeans rolled up to show them, a cami and a big shirt. Her bag was a large shopping style bag on her shoulder.

Wade got out of the car in some hiking boots. Jeans and a jeans shirts. "Wow you look great in whatever you wear."

"So do you."

Sitting in the car, he took her hand and kissed the top of it. I leaned in to give him a kiss on the cheek, but he turned it into a full out kiss. "Goodmorning. My room felt lonely after you left."

"I had that same feeling when I got into my apartment."

The little French Café was charming with its light blue exterior and tan, light blue and white interior. The menu was interesting. Wade tried to help with it. He asked me what I was in the mood for and he chose a dish that incorporated those ingredients. He ordered French style omelet with ham and guyere cheese in it. He also ordered strawberry and crème crepes. And we shared them. The coffee was dark and delicious and the vibe between us was strong.

At the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Wade was fascinated with the Dutch Masters. He loved the depth and the detail in each work. He asked questions about how the movement of Impressionism came about. Nicole described the misfits of Montmartre and how they were rejected from the Academie des Beaux Arts. How they sought community in each other in their quest to record the impression of how light reflected off of objects. Wade was impressed with Renoir and how he brought joy through his use of color.

The Post Impressionists were equally fascinating to him. Standing in front of a Van Gogh, much like the class of students were when he first saw Nicole, he felt the same awe that they expressed. The textures and the movement of the brushstrokes were intoxicating. Exhausted by being visually over-stimulated, we sought refuge outside. We ordered from a NYC hot dog vendor, enjoyed the sun and enjoyed being together. We lay side by side in the grass examining the clouds as we held hands. "That is definitely a ship on the ocean." I said.

"Where?"

I pointed to it and he saw a old fashioned steam train. It felt wonderful to be alive and to be together.

We decided to go to dinner and dancing at an exclusive club. The rumor was that Norah Jones would be performing. Wade took me back to my place. I put one of my best gowns in a garment bag and packed a duffle bag with casual clothes, make-up, jewelry and a nightie. Wade carried my bags and held my hand on the elevator. His car took us back to his hotel. I showered first and was surprised to find iced tea and Italian cookies on the breakfast bar. "Someone thinks of everything."

"Really? The only thing I've been able to think about for two days is you."

He kissed me and nuzzled my neck. It made my heart and other parts of me melt. He had laid his suit out and it was stunning. Black with subtle dark grey pinstriping. He asked me which color shirt would look best with my dress. Grey or white. I told him either would work. He showed me the ties he had for each. The black and grey would be matched with a subtle lavender tie. The white would be paired with a maroon tie. I told him I thought the grey and lavender would work best. He kissed me and headed for the shower. I had brought my spiral curling iron and I sat at the desk working on my hair. By the time he emerged he found a different person. I was applying my eye shadow and mascara. Wade sat on the bed and watched. I turned to him and said, "What?"